PDA

View Full Version : MTG : 8th Edition Pre-release

Kool Dudy
23rd July 2003, 05:08 PM
Hey.

The 10th anniversary of MTG is coming up soon and to celebrate it, they have made 8th edition. A pre-release is available this weekend.

You pay the entrance fee, and they will give you 5 boosters with some lands and you can start playing.

I'm going for sure. Anyone else going?

;)

Alec Trevelyan
23rd July 2003, 06:28 PM
yeah, i would go, but i wont cuz all my team is going and then i asked them to go on next pre-release, maybe i'll go just to do a report of one of the guys, dunno. The worst part is (at last here) the pre-release tourney wont have prizes :( , anyway there're some cool promos :P .

cya :wave: :wave: :wave:

Kool Dudy
23rd July 2003, 11:24 PM
Hehhehe

The first prize in the Toronto pre-release is a booster box. :)

I'll try to win it ;)

Razola
24th July 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Kool Dudy
Hey.

The 10th anniversary of MTG is coming up soon and to celebrate it, they have made 8th edition. A pre-release is available this weekend.

Uh...8th Edition was due this year regardless of the anniversary. It was delayed a few months so it would coincide with the anniversary.

I wish I could go to one, but I live too far away from any of the pre-releases. But I'll be buying my packs soon enough.

Systematic Revolution
24th July 2003, 05:35 PM
Ahh, I'd love to go, but unfortunately the closest place would probably be in Pittsburgh, and that's still about a hundred miles away. The entrance fee is probably like a hundred bucks anyway :P

~SR

Tyranitar#248
25th July 2003, 12:32 AM
I'm going this Saturday, cant wait. *does foil Ruhk Egg dance*. The entrance is surprisingly only $20. Its total craziness, I mean you get a future $40 card and 5 boosters, I don't think you can beat that. The only thing I cant see is making a deck out of 5 boosters, its not a draft either, they literally hand you 5 boosters and you make a deck outta what you get.

Also, none of you hardcore MTG players cant deny that a foil Ruhk Egg will be worth $40 in the future. Its the 10th anniversery card ontop of being a Foil Ruhk Egg.

Razola
26th July 2003, 03:35 PM
Maybe, but it still can't beat the lotus.

I got a few packs yesterday. Shivan Dragon baby.

Systematic Revolution
26th July 2003, 11:18 PM
The five booster thing doesn't make any sense to me. How can you do it without any basic lands? I've only ever got ONE basic land in a booster and it was a foil. Go figure, I guess. It's kinda difficult to make a deck with just non-basic lands, ya know?

~SR

Razola
26th July 2003, 11:37 PM
I believe you add the cards you get from said boosters to your deck. Either that or a Tournement pack will also be provided.

Systematic Revolution
27th July 2003, 12:10 PM
Ah, well that would make sense, then hehehe... But at any rate.. I haven't been to a tourney in months.. It kinda sucks. No, it REALLY sucks.

~SR

Tyranitar#248
27th July 2003, 11:11 PM
you used the 5 packs to make a deck period. Thats all you got, the TO provided you with 20 basic lands. my deck was set to win, but i had to leave. I pulled 3 volcanic hammers, and a crap load of other great red and green cards. But dang, 3 volcanic hammers, wis i could have stayed :(

Kool Dudy
28th July 2003, 02:52 PM
Meh...I went yesterday. Each player can only play 4 rounds and the first prize and second prize only get 10 packs and the Rukh egg while the top 10 gets 2 packs and a Rukh Egg.

Pretty crappy tourny i must say... =/

I lost my first two games because I played three colors I guessed. After those games, I realized it was stupid and took too long so I went with two colors and won my last two games.

So I went 2-2. You need three wins to qualify for a Rukh Egg but I traded for one. :D