PDA

View Full Version : Made-up Pokemon in your fic?

Wild Female Machoke
23rd July 2003, 07:46 PM
Just wondering do you use your own made-up Pokémon in your fanfic?

In my fanfic "Jewel Eyes," I had made up six legendary dragons. I even written the legend behind them as well as having one of them living inside a Pokémon. (Sorry, I can't tell you more. You had to read my fanfic to find out. I don't want to spoil everything.)

BTW pretty soon you're going to see my artwork of them too.

ThePhenom
23rd July 2003, 08:28 PM
Nah, I don't think I'm going to use made up one's in my fic. For one thing, I think it'd be a waste of time describing a made up Pokemon because you could never REALLY see what I would have thought out. I'm hoping my fic is around long enough that when new Pokemon are released I can incorporate them into my story though. :)

Potato Dude
23rd July 2003, 08:52 PM
I haven't the guts, but there may be appearances by Pikablu, Charcoalt, and Leafeon, a trio of rumors that turned out to be way off the mark. I plan to give them to Jack and Ralph's common nemesis, Mary Sue.

Toxicity
23rd July 2003, 10:36 PM
In my current fic, Fated Destiny, I haven't introduced mine yet...but I may include one character's Eevee to evolve into a Dark/Psychic form of Espeon, Druspeon. I may even introduce a few dragons I made up, I dunno yet...

The Rusted One
24th July 2003, 03:16 AM
I definitely use my own pokémon; using an official pokémon to tell a new story? It just doesn't work, in my opinion. There are so many trainer fics, and because everyone knows the pokémon, there can't be that many surprises.

One of the aspects of my fics is that the official pokémon, and the world they live in, never existed; they aren't a cartoon in my pokémon world - they just never were. It allows me to work with more freedom, rather than by writing of how some trainer caught one of my pokémon, which was then in a battle with a pokémon everyone knows and expects things of. It's quite hard to explain, really.

Gavin Luper
26th July 2003, 02:37 AM
Definitely. It gives the fic a heap more originality and a touch more class.

I've currently made up Tentacraw, Fiskmire, Issechu, CYDM (hardly a pokemon, but still...), Lunanine and Girafury. More are coming, too.

DannyBoy
26th July 2003, 03:11 AM
I like the idea of made up pokemon in fics. I only got one planned for mine for a new evolution so its not that intresting but I will try and make it. But i like the made up pokemon in C.P. fic. The steel gyrados thing was really cool and he described it good. SO if you are going to put one in you really have to put a lot of thought and detail into it to make it beleaveable.

Captain Pringle
26th July 2003, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I've always thrown a few new pokemon into the mix to spice things up a bit. I just make sure to describe them extra well, so the readers can get a good idea of what the pokemon looks like, and how it acts. I remember I threw a new eeveelution into Michael's Pokemon Journey (Leafeon I think :P). And my newer fic, The Emerald League, is actually centered around unexplored territory, so naturally I used quite a few new pokemon there too (some being caught by Bryce, and others being used against him in battles with other trainers).

Like Gavin said, it's a good way to give your fic originality, and keep it new and exciting.

mr_pikachu
26th July 2003, 10:02 PM
Made-up Pokemon? C'mon, now, we all know there's no such thing as a made-up Pokemon. Only Pokemon that haven't been discovered yet. ;)

Kohdok
26th July 2003, 11:06 PM
There are two in mine...

One is a genetic experiment, and the other one is virtually not known about, and only appears once.

Edit: Oh, and it will feature a couple of Iveechan's creations, as well...

Chris 2.1
2nd August 2003, 09:57 AM
Erm......

I had Starvous in TIR. Misty's evolved when her Boyfriend hurled a thunderstone at it. It's a BRONZE coloured Staryu with a crackling Core, and a set of segments behind it shaped like bolts of lightening. I never drew a sprite...

Rambunctious Jamirus
2nd August 2003, 10:07 AM
Yes, I have one in Mako's Family (those here to see if the Pokemon in Through Blind Eyes is made-up or not are wasting their time :P)

It's called the Glitain, an evolved Fearow that lives extremely high in the mountains. It's metallic blue colour and looks like a Fearow...oh, I'll just quote what Tera said:

"Well, no one has seen a Glitain for over three hundred years," Tera piped up, her voice becoming a bit thick as she turned the pages in her mind for the Pokemon. "It is supposedly an evolved Fearow, having long legs that act as a pair of extra wings to help it glide in the thin air in the mountains. About four feet tall and weighing only twenty pounds, the Glitain is one of the lightest Flying Pokemon. Its colouration is a metallic blue colour with gold eyes though brown are said to appear in some generations.
"A bunch of Fearow were said to have evolved after centuries of living in the thin air into the Glitain. Since Spearow weren't able to survive in the harsh environment, the Glitain evolved to lay eggs with baby Glitains in them. The name Glitain comes from 'Glider' and 'Mountain'." ~ Tera, Mako's Family, 1837

There you have it. That's what watching Animal Planet will do to a creative person.

Jon UKX
2nd August 2003, 10:47 AM
Well I think made up pokemon are cool but it's better if they are original creation and not Eeveeloutions or evolutions of original pokemon.
Here's two of them which feature in my fic:

Cluff:

Cluff, the cloud pokemon who belongs to the trainer Jon. Cluff is known to be quite cheeky and likes to squirt young girls especially brownies using its water gun attack. Unfortunately its mischief got Jon in trouble when it shocked Leah with its thundershock attack.
Despite Cluff's cheeky nature, Jon loves Cluff to pieces and hopes that it gets stronger.

Smunk:

Smunk is a skunk pokemon who the gang meet in a later chapter, Smunk is known to have the most smelliest scent in the world.
the reason for this is that it absorbs scents from pokemon like Gloom and keeps it stored in its stomach.
when in danger, it releases the combined odors out of it bum and this knocks out an enemy for many hours

geoff
2nd August 2003, 10:35 PM
There will be 30 new Pokemon intro'd throughout my fanfic (most of them will be caught by characters... others will be Gym Leader Pokemon). There are only 16 evolution lines, though (yeah, I say 'only'... *sigh). That brings the Gantun Pokedex to 416, I believe.

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
4th August 2003, 05:23 PM
Yes, in my fanfic "The Songs of Eternity: The Song of Winds" I use Nyroeon, a flying Eevee evolution, and I'm planning to use more for the other 'books' of The Songs of Eternity.

^^ I'm thinking I'll post my story up... sometime, ne?

~Chico

Dragonfree
8th August 2003, 09:05 PM
Mine's full of them. That is, the made-up legendary pokémon I made aaaages ago and are pretty stupid, and a few others every now and then.

Mister Myuu
12th August 2003, 04:05 AM
In my fic, Pokemon 1-5-1, the main plot revolves around, for the most part, genetically altered pokemon created by Team Rocket. Being only three chapters into a planned 40-60 chapter tale with multiple stand alone 'movies', only one of these GAPs have been introduced. Expect plenty more in future chapters.

Exert from Pokemon 1-5-1
The Rocket General let out a whistle that echoed through the dreary scene. Moments later, the sound of flapping wings filled the area and a strong wind picked up loose dirt, flinging it every which way. A silhouette became visible through the cloud of dirt then the creature Brett called ‘Project 001’ appeared. Rick couldn’t believe what he saw. The creature was obviously a pokemon, but one like Rick had never seen before. Its razor sharp talons dug into the wall it perched on, making some of it crumble. The creature’s broad chest was tan in color with a pattern of black triangles running across it in vertical rows while its wings and back were an iridescent dark brown. Its face, colored tan like its chest, harvested a beak, which gleamed as the sun hit it. A plume of head and tail feathers colored tan and dark brown made it look similar to a Pidgeot while a pair of long, silver eyebrows gave it the appearance of a Noctowl. The creature’s voice rose in a loud ‘GEOWWWWWWWWWL’ as it stared down on the scene from its perch.
“Say hello to Pidgeowl,” said Brett, “it’s both a Pidgeot and a Noctowl and it’s very deadly.”

Just a small taste and only a mediocre description at that. I was rushing when writing it. :P

Rambunctious Jamirus
12th August 2003, 06:10 PM
I have a two more that might make an appearence in either of my fics:

The Zeaco - The Zeaco is a zebra-like Pokemon, only the stripes are crisscrossed in some places and the white fur is goldenrod. Like the Spinda, every Zeaco is different from the other. The mane is striped as well and grows longer every month, turning long after a year. The hooves are made like a Ponyta's, harder than diamonds. The eyes are small and usually brown in colour. They stand at five feet from the hoof to the head and weigh between one hundred fifty to two hundred pounds.
Zeaco's are a goldenrod colour when they're born and gain stripes when they reach a month old. They are a Normal type and live in huge herds, making just one hard to spot. One stallion rules over the herd though can be challenged by another male.
Zeaco is a cross between 'Zebra' and 'Company'. The Zeaco lives in the Seriba Plains in the Neaho Region.

The Cremit - The Cremit is a Hermit Crab Pokemon, stealing shells from Clamperl or Shellders by either finding one or eating the Clamperl or Shellder. The two pairs of back legs on the Cremit are specialized to close the shell whenever they need to. Their body colour ranges from a sea blue to a bright red, depending on the ocean or beach. The Cremit can range from six inches to three feet in height and may weigh from ten pounds to one hundred and ten pounds.
The eyes are small but they can see extremely well. They feed off algae and other small particles. Some Cremits place anemones or urchins on the top of their shells for protection. Most species of Cremits live in large colonies ranging from two to over a hundred Pokemon.
Cremit is a cross between 'Hermit' and 'Crab' and they live either on land or in shallow water across many beaches and oceans. They have recently been discovered (1967) because of their ability to hide so well. Most people have the land Cremits to make excellent pets and keep them in large containers.

Orion
14th August 2003, 04:12 PM
I'm VERY bad at making new Pokémon...I'm just good at making Trainers.But well,I should give it a shot.

Among my random Ideas,a lot just came to mind!They're made-up legendary Pokémon,but they're very linked with the already existing Legendaries.I may add one of those in my Fic,if I see it's a good idea.So,what I'm going to write may or may not be MAJOR SPOILERS!Anyway,see some of my ideas...

-The Guardian of the Regis:Like Lugia/Ho-Oh,I thought of a new Guardian.A giant Pokémon I'll call Regiorite(Regi+Meteorite.You know Regis have the elements of these astral bodies.)or Regigod.He's the biggest of all Pokémon(50 feet tall),and he's the guardian of the Planets.Every time a new planet is born,this Pokémon detaches parts of its body and sends'em to the Planet.These parts become Regirock,Regice and Registeel,which keep the planet stable.Regiorite/Regigod belongs to the Steel/Psychic Types.

-Latios and Latias "father":When Latios and Latias reach their full growth,they fuse together on an amazingly powerful Pokémon.I'm thinking naming it Lati+Latin for God,or Lation(Lati+Eon).It's about Lugia/Ho-Oh's height.He keeps the same Types,but his powers improve astoundingly!He lives for 5000 years,after which(The moment the Planets align),he dies off.After his death,his soul detaches in two.The two spirits remain hidden somewhere in the world.No living being is able to touch these Spirits.After just 5 years,both souls emerge as a new Latios and Latias.One of'em gets impregned by the remaining spirit of Lation,and that becomes the Soul Dew.

-The ultimate Manmade Pokémon:AKA Mewtoxys,this Pokémon was created by the scientists of the present(The ones that created Mewtwo),and the scientists of the future(Which created Deoxys).After fusing the DNA of both,a very powerful Pokémon has been created!Mewtoxys is as vicious as Deoxys,and as powerful as Mewtwo.He's an unstoppable destruction weapon that threatens the World.He's Psychic/Dark.

-The Legendary Fishes:A new Trio of Legendaries.They watch over the oceans and all Water environments.They will be named Geysfish(Guardian of the Hot Springs and the Geysers),Kelpish(Guardian of the ocean seaweed and the Coral Barriers)and Glowfish(Guardian of the Abyssal Zone).

-The Fishes Guardian:I haven't thought of him well,but he's the same as Lugia/Ho-Oh.

What do you think?Guess I'll add one of these on my Fic:D

Iveechan
15th August 2003, 06:12 PM
In my first trainer fic I wrote back in 2000, there was one chapter with a bunch of eons; it centered around Plumeon the flying type and the evil Phanteon, the ghost type... both could talk. At the end of the chapter, Plumeon was able to free her friends, the bug Insecteon, the rock Jadeon, and the poison Strikeon. Phanteon's back story was that he was a rare black Eevee whom trainers were always trying to capture. He died in the mountains full of hate and fear, so he became the vengeful undead Phanteon. One day, a man who trained Eevee evolutions went to the mountain to seek out Phanteon, but Phanteon killed the man and his Pokemon were trapped in their Pokeballs for years. Eventually, Plumeon escaped, but Phanteon fought with her and she barely made it out of the cave she was imprisoned in alive. That's where my trainer, Katelle, meets the injured Plumeon, and the chapter begins...

In the later chapters I never got to, I was planning on having the rest of my eons, Ninjami, and *ugh* Hitmonchee, the offspring of Katelle's male Hitmonchan and a fighter named Brenda's female Hitmonlee. Yep, this was before GS, so I didn't know of Tyrogue or that Hitmon were always male. Katelle's compainion, Devin, also had a female Tauros, heh.

Guilty by Design has my female Hitmon, Hitmonchik.

I once wrote a Jynx story with a male Jynx named Feynt and the ice/steel wolf, Wulfreit.

My humor stories, the Escape from Jynx saga, had Psagby, the Psyduck/Magby hybrid who was the child of Magmar and Golduck. He had the power of steam :yes:

Wild Female Machoke
22nd August 2003, 02:19 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention another Pokémon I had made up.

In my original Capcom/Pokémon crossover trainer fic, I had introduced Angeleon, Eevee's Holy evolution. Sakura and her friend Ash met up with Hsien-Ko, an undead trainer known as the Eevee Lady. (Yes, even the undead can be Pokémon trainers.)

In fact, Hsien-Ko used Angeleon to defeat Morrigan's Aerodactyl in a tournament for undead trainers.