PDA

View Full Version : Three more new AG titles, and these look GOOD!

Zak
23rd July 2003, 10:41 PM
314(38): Plusle and Minun! The Mountain Lighthouse!

315(39): Sing! Pokemon Trick House!

316(40): Mauville Gym! Wattson's Shocking Battle!

Looks like they got to Mauville pretty fast ^_^

Discuss.

~Zak

Mikey
23rd July 2003, 11:46 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info Zak

Plusle and Minun episode will probably include a double battle.

Ha, so the trick house gets an episode, cool!

Hmm, Ash seems like he'd have a hard time with Wattson. I don't think he'll win. Pikachu, Taillow, and Treecko's attacks are all not very effective against steel/electric. Corphish is weak to electricity, so if Ash wins on his first try, I'd be surprised. Perhaps he will loose then catch Numel and rechallenge him.

Team Rocket's Lugia
24th July 2003, 06:26 AM
Yeah, ash will loose to his Magneton, but arnet numels only aviliable after getting Wattson's badge, aka Rock Smash?

AKA Pokemon Fan
24th July 2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Team Rocket's Lugia
Yeah, ash will loose to his Magneton, but arnet numels only aviliable after getting Wattson's badge, aka Rock Smash?
Considering that Ash is not limited by TMs I doubt this will be a factor.

Actually I think Ash will likely win on his first try against Wattson. Treeko is resistant to electricity and could probably handle a Voltorb or Electrode by now, but more importantly, Pikachu almost never loses against other Electric types unless it has already battled other Pokemon. There will probably be a huge battle between it and Magneton where Pikachu proves once again how special it is by overpowering Magneton and shocking (pun not intended) Wattson to no end.

Though I wonder what singing and the Trick House have to do with each other... :confused:

Hanada Tattsu
24th July 2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks for the titles, Zak!

These sound good. Hmm, I thought that Plusle and Minun would appear soon, and I wonder if someone catches them?

The Trick House is a fun place, I wonder if it's the usual Ash and co. get lost in the Trick House plot again?

I think Ash will indeed defeat Wattson. Though I doubt Wattson will have the same Pokemon he has in the game. He'll prolly have a Manectric or Electrike, and I hope to God Ash uses Treecko, so it will evolve.

DigiPokeMon
24th July 2003, 02:13 PM
Another HOSO Special episode title (from Serebii)
Special 12: Misty! Enter Team Rocket
Thoughts??

My Thoughts is that Butch/Cassidy attacks Cerulean City Gym and tries to steal all the Water Pokemon

DannyBoy
24th July 2003, 03:45 PM
I dont think Ash will loes again. That would kind of suck him losing after losing to Brawly and then winning. It would be stupid and to repative. If it is a 1 on 1 battle it will be Pika vs who ever but if its a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 I can see him using Pikachu first then if it loses Treecko coming out and maybe evolving. Thats just me but I really want it to evolve.

GR-Gligar
24th July 2003, 04:39 PM
Hmm, the sing at the start of one of the titles?(Trickhouse one) Is Jigglypuff completely out of the anime? Since it's a "cute" Pokemon, it'd be funny if May met him/her/it(shrugs). Well, just a question/comment.

JazzJazz
24th July 2003, 05:14 PM
Perhaps Ash will capture a new pokemon in the next few episodes and it'll help him defeat Wattson... just a thought.

Gravy
24th July 2003, 05:24 PM
I'm guessing Plusle and Minun are being used as living batteries...or a living battey if you prefer, to power this lighthouse.

The Trick House eh? Wow, they really ARE sticking to the game's plot aren't they? :yes: Sounds like a very interesting episode. I look forward to this one.

For the gym battle, I strongly believe Taillow will be the victor. As we've already seen (or heard) Taillow is resistant to electric type attacks, so its a good bet that Taillow will be used IMHO.

DarkMarowak
24th July 2003, 11:59 PM
I hope Taillow ends up winning the gym battle. He hasen't had the best luck in battle and it would be great to see him make a come back. :)

JazzJazz
25th July 2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DarkMarowak
I hope Taillow ends up winning the gym battle. He hasen't had the best luck in battle and it would be great to see him make a come back. :)

Someone is bound to say it so I might as well be the first... perhaps taillow will evolve and swellow will give Ash the victory.

Hanada Tattsu
27th July 2003, 11:20 AM
I doubt Taillow will evolve this early, mainly because he hasn't had it for that terribly long, so I doubt that it would evolve this early at the third gym.

Jaffa
27th July 2003, 12:01 PM

Swablu... Swablu or Jigglypuff... Maybe a capture in this for May...

I think he might use a porygon in this... Because he does use inanimate, mechanical pokemon (voltorb and magnemite)... and I think the obs-unobs don't count in the anime, just in the game...
Masato's Poliwag at the Pokemon School in Rustboro...

Gravy
27th July 2003, 12:07 PM
lol, is it just me or does no one actually care about Minun and Plusle :rolleyes:

Hmm...never though about Swablu making an appearence at the Trick House, and in all honesty I can't really picture it featured in an episode like that. Unless of course the Trick house is going to used in a similar fasion to Koga's gym, and Swablu acts like Venonat.

Actually, Porygon in a gym battle isn't such a bad assumption, although it does go against the rule of Gym leaders having a specific pokemon type. Then again, we did have Blaine and Rhydon, so I guess anythings possible :yes:

Jaffa
27th July 2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Gravy
lol, is it just me or does no one actually care about Minun and Plusle :rolleyes:

I have no idea

Hmm...never though about Swablu making an appearence at the Trick House, and in all honesty I can't really picture it featured in an episode like that. Unless of course the Trick house is going to used in a similar fasion to Koga's gym, and Swablu acts like Venonat.

Swablu sings... It fits with the title... Plus I could easily see may running round the trick house after a swablu, being led by it's singing... Or it could be like the epi in Johto when Chikorita evolves, they go in, get lost, and get attacked by a singing swablu who guards the trick house... Actually... I can't see that happening myself, but its a thought :rolleyes:

Actually, Porygon in a gym battle isn't such a bad assumption, although it does go against the rule of Gym leaders having a specific pokemon type. Then again, we did have Blaine and Rhydon, so I guess anythings possible :yes:

Also, Giovanni using Machamp and Kingler...

JazzJazz
27th July 2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
I doubt Taillow will evolve this early, mainly because he hasn't had it for that terribly long, so I doubt that it would evolve this early at the third gym.

A lack of battling hasn't stopped pokemon from evolving in the anime before...

Anti-R*cketship
28th July 2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
A lack of battling hasn't stopped pokemon from evolving in the anime before...

How true. Krabby, anyone?

Anyways, Ash's fliers have always been second-stages in the past (Pidgeotto, Noctowl), so I see no reason to keep Tailow as Tailow for too long.

Jaffa
28th July 2003, 09:42 AM
Ah... But that's not neccesserily (sp?) true... Krabby was lacking in experience... However it was facing powerful and high level pokemon in the indigo league... I mean... Something like a level 25 poke facing a level 55 poke... By beating it, it's experience would sky rocket until at least hit 35...

Pidgeotto may have been a second stage evo... But in a line of three, and it took ages for that to evolve to full power...

Noctowl was a second stager too, but it was shiny, less experienced and smaller than the average Noctowl...

Now for taillow to evolve so soon in the league, considring it's just as powerful as the next of ash's pokemon, would mean that Ash would have another powerhouse Charizard type poke... *Yawns at the thought* unless it disobeyed him, but that's already been used... I think Taillow will evolve just before the 5th gym... after been used in the 3rd and 4th and having it's butt whooped by electric and fire types...

Hanada Tattsu
28th July 2003, 04:40 PM
The Swablu idea is interesting, though I doubt it would make an appearence this early, maybe after Mauville, but close enough I suppose. We have seen Pokemon who appear late appear early, so I guess not.

Wild Eevee
28th July 2003, 08:55 PM
Another gym battle? I guess not waiting as long between gyms like in the Johto legue.I really hope Wattson has an Electrike or a Manectric.I'm looking foward to seeing them in the show.

Hanada Tattsu
29th July 2003, 12:26 AM
At the time of the fourtieth Johto episode, Ash had only one gym badge. Here in Hoenn, he's got three. Ironic and nostolgic isn't it? Of course, Episode 40 in Kanto had Ash with six badges. o_o;;

Hanada Tattsu
29th July 2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Delibird #225
I think Ash is getting better!He is a rookie no more!:)

True. I think the spot of 'rookie' has passed onto May, so now, Ash and Brock will tutor May, and he will teach her the things that he learned from Misty and Brock a long time ago.

Pewter City Geodude
30th July 2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Team Rocket's Lugia

Yeah, as someone said, the anime has never followed the game as far as where you can and can't go if you don't have a certain HM. Think about it, it's real life...if there are rocks blocking the path, they don't necessarily have to smash through them, they could find some way around them or the character-of-the-day could help...and they just came from the Abandoned Ship, which you can only get to in the games when you have Surf, so it isn't the first time they didn't take the HM into consideration. Trainers in the anime aren't bound by HMs, because it's the "real world".

Chris 2.1
1st August 2003, 11:02 AM
Well, Ash WILL win IMHO. Pikachu can handle Magneton, I reckon Treecko would take down a Magnemite/Voltorb and even withstand an Electrode's explosion (if Wattson has one). Maybe even Manectric, since a lot of AG Pokemon are being introduced *Hint - that Walrus...erm...ARGH....Sealeo...Walrein...whats the other one? Ballrus? ^^*

Oh well, I suck at those new names.

Trick House - I dont have the games...maybe Ash wins a table (or whatever you get by completing them ^^) and uses it as a sledge to get around.....hmmm....

Pluse/Minun - I dont like the sound of this...Pikachu's surely going to want presents from his long-lost rodent nephews.......

:-/

riptide
1st August 2003, 12:13 PM
I'll just give my .02 cents in this....

314(38): Plusle and Minun! The Mountain Lighthouse!

I see this as a filler, it's meant to just introduce Plusle and Minun and the Two on Two battles. Team Rocket tries to capture them, but Team Twerp foils their plans.

IF anyone catches them, I don't think it'd be May, Ash, Brock or Team Rocket. IF anyone catches them, I have a feeling it'd be Masato. It's been said he's gonna be a trainer soon, so what better time than now? He seems to be more strategic than any of the others and a Two on Two incorperates more strategy than any other battle which would suit his personality.

I also see this one as a filler, in a way though. This will introduce the Trick House and the guys who's in it (can't think of his name). But, I think a Pokemon from the movie will make an appearence and help out somehow. We seem to forget Absol is in the credits, and in the movie.

It's been theorized he follows them. Well, the sing leads to this idea. Based on the translation we seem to think they mean the Sing attack, but there's other song based attacks. The best known one besides sing is Perish Song, an attack Absol can inherit. So, I have a feeling we'll see Absol in some shape or form, but he will not be captured.

Ah, a gym battle, but will Ash battle him...of course, will he win, possibly. But, I think Ash doesn't acquire this badge via a battle, it'd be too easy. We must remember in the game you have to help Watson with the Power Plant. I think that'll tie into that. Either Team Rocket or Magma or Aqua will screw up the power plant and Ash will help Watson by restarting it and earn his badge that way. Ah, but there's a catch as always....in the title it says Wattson's Shocking Battle. So, I believe Wattson will battle some high ranking Aqua/Magma goon in a two on two. Wattson will use Magneton, but Ash assist and send out Pikachu, they win and thus leads to the badge.

That's how I see that episode, plus Kanto and Johto both had badges or extra battles acquired by assisting a Gym Leader.

Like I said, just my .02 cents.

ThePhenom
1st August 2003, 01:07 PM
lol, .02 dollars = 2 cents. .02 cents = .0002 dollars I think. :P

I like your Abosl/Trick house theory though.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 10:57 AM
Well, the Absol idea sounds great, but it's not gonna happen, it's been confirmed that Jigglypuff is somehow incorporated in this, so that's prolly how.

Dragon_Claw
25th August 2003, 11:20 AM
information from Serebii.net pictures:

Plusle and Minun belong to a boy. The boy and his plusle and minun + a girl and a Magnemite protect a stone in the lighthouse. Then Ash and co come along and they think Ash is the one (again) to teach plusle and minun how to protect themself. Ash does this, and team rocket comes along in a Zapdos robot, steal the stone, and the good guys get it back.

The trick house is about a girl and a Wishur (sp?) and the gang, and they go inside the trickhouse. But then Jigglypuff comes along and from there I don't know.

It's been confirmed by Serebii that Wattson has a Magnemite, a Magneton and............Elektrike.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:21 PM
Thanks!

Hmm, Wattson has a Magnemite and Magneton? I saw that coming, but he has Electrike? Damn, I wanted Wattson to have something a little stronger than that.

Oh well.