Earthquake

Tauros
Focus Energy
Horn Drill
Body Slam
Earthquake

Charizard04621
27th July 2003, 12:49 PM
Zapdos: Standard. Watch out for possible Sleep Powder/Stun Spore from Exeggutor, though. Drill Peck won't OHKO them, I believe.

Alakazam: No, no, no. Recover on Alakazam is a MUST. Nothing can replace Recover on Alakazam, not even Rest. Alakazam's way too fragile to withstand that. Recover=totally necessary. If you want any "or"s in this set, it'd be between Reflect and Seismic Toss, the age old question. I've always preferred Seismic Toss for the extra attack and PP. Reflect never helped me against Starmies, Chanseys, Alakazams, and such.

Arcanine: Good.

Blastoise: Yeah, standard. Pick Body Slam for the Paralysis chance; you've got plenty of other moves for doing damage. You don't need a set damage one.

Nidoking: Yup. I'm assuming this is for the PBS, because Focus Energy is broken in the actual game cartridge. Lowers chance of Critical Hits for some reason.

Tauros: Tauros doesn't learn Focus Energy, unless it's an NYCPC move that I'm not aware of. Horn Drill on Tauros sucks although it's pretty fast, for several reasons. Firstly, Tauros can do plenty of damage without Horn Drill, and therefore works much better with solid moves than with those that miss most of the time. Secondly, Tauros is not as fast as Starmie, Alakazam, Persian, and other common speedsters, bar Paralysis and Speed falls, so Horn Drill is pretty worthless against those. You only put Horn Drill on things like Rapidash or Seaking that can't deal out as much major damage as Tauros. Blizzard and Hyper Beam work against Focus Energy(illegal) and Horn Drill(worthless) on Tauros.

Leon-IH
31st July 2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by kg959
Zapdos
Reflect
Drill Peck
Thunder Wave
Thunder Bolt
damnit man, dont get me wrong but zapdos wont survive long enough to make reflect worth it.

Alakazam
Reflect
Recover / Seizmic Toss
Thunderwave
Psychic
Recover over S-toss for saving your ***.. something over t-wave, not like anything can stop psychic!!

Arcanine
Substitute
Bosy Slam
Fire Blast
Hyperbeam
might want Flamethrower over fireblast and say rest over Hyperbeam

Blastoise
Seizmic Toss / Body Slam
Surf
Blizzard
Earthquake
Slam over toss for damage, maybe axe earthquake for some recovery move.

Nidoking
Focus Energy
Thunderbolt
Blizzard
Earthquake
going to die very very fast...

Tauros
Focus Energy
Horn Drill
Body Slam
Earthquake
i've heard of OHKO tauros but ive never heard of it working, blizzard over h-drill