PDA

View Full Version : SCEPTILE, the grass menace

SWAMPERT1
28th July 2003, 12:56 AM
Have you guess seen this puppy? Its attacks rock(first attack with 4-5 energys=POW!) and it has high HP. this would kick butt in any grass themed deck. dont you agree. P.S. i want THIS CARD:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/pokeorder_1750_153227535
http://us.st4.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/pokeorder_1750_153227535

Water Pokemon Master
28th July 2003, 01:19 AM
I agree that it is a good card. It's first attack is really powerful at using all those Special Conditions on the Defending Pokémon.

SWAMPERT1
28th July 2003, 01:27 AM
cool im glad someone agrees with me

Mikey
28th July 2003, 02:04 AM
Yeah, it's a decent card. The 5 energy for the attack is a little crappy though. The first attack is cool, but again, this puppy requires loads of energy.

Roarkiller
28th July 2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Yeah, it's a decent card. The 5 energy for the attack is a little crappy though. The first attack is cool, but again, this puppy requires loads of energy.

Like how a real-life puppy would.

Anyway, considering the fact that Nintendo has no such thing as modifed format or whatsoever, DCE can be played.

Also, take note that Lizard Poison's txt states that the number of energy attached determines the effects. And we all know that number of ENERGY is oh-so different from number of ENERGY CARDS.

And so, its really quite easy to set up fast. Here's a damned sped-up set-up (ey, it rhymes!):

Turn 1: Treecko w/ grass.
Turn 2: Breeder, grass, Lizard poison, 20 plus poison, possible extra ten from poison. (30-40 damage)
Turn 3: Boost Energy, Solar Beam, (100-110). KO w/ pluspower or otherwise if needed, plus possible poison.

Boost only works for one turn unless its light dragonite of course, but its the speed that counts. Butt in some E.charge and ur a killing machine.

And to add icing to the cake, u dont have to worry bout removals since even a recycle E. allows u to attack.

Alec Trevelyan
28th July 2003, 11:13 AM
i agree with roar, plus, on standart metagame (sneasel metagame variants) it's impossible to get this asap, and ER/SER destroys this so fast. If the 2nd attack would be like venusaur's solarbeam (GGGG, 60 dmg) it would be better on modified metagame, but we also know that fire is something REALLY good on modified, no?

Roarkiller
29th July 2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Alec Trevelyan
i agree with roar, plus, on standart metagame (sneasel metagame variants) it's impossible to get this asap, and ER/SER destroys this so fast. If the 2nd attack would be like venusaur's solarbeam (GGGG, 60 dmg) it would be better on modified metagame, but we also know that fire is something REALLY good on modified, no?

True, and opponents, looking at the energy cost, usually wont bother to remove the energy if there r only 2 grass attached.

And of please PLEASE do NOT call me roar. Okay fine, my name's long, but how bout RK instead? Thought u should know that by now. In any case, c'mon, there's only 10 letters in my name.

Alec Trevelyan
29th July 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
True, and opponents, looking at the energy cost, usually wont bother to remove the energy if there r only 2 grass attached.

And of please PLEASE do NOT call me roar. Okay fine, my name's long, but how bout RK instead? Thought u should know that by now. In any case, c'mon, there's only 10 letters in my name.

omg, k, i'm sorry, next time i'll call you RK or roarkiller :P

by the way, is modified now since expedition - ex?

Dark-San
29th July 2003, 07:41 PM
lolz roar....

The card's first attack is very decent...

However the second attack needs time...I would hav prefer to play a fire deck where I could easily use entei's power to charge up any fully evolved pokemon to chop this fella to bits...