PDA

View Full Version : Poll: The Summer 2003 Cartoon Character Contest, version 3-Remaining Round 1

Dr_Omicron
28th July 2003, 02:07 AM
NOTE: Before anybody bashes me for this, I would like to say that Lady Vulpix has actually recommended me to do it in this format. Needless to say, I'm going with the flow. If you haven't heard, which, I'm pretty surprised, there is a similar tournament going on at GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) among video game characters, and as strange as it may seem, they have their very own message board for it. Many people are already doing what I am doing, so if you consider it strange, alien, unfamiliar, or otherwise repetitive, don't blame me--blame Jjukil for promoting them. The Disney/Fleischer Division Round 1 is now closed--but all the others are still open. However, these matches will remain open until August 3rd, when I'll start Round 2. (The results for the Disney/Fleischer Division will be at the bottom of the post.)

RULES: The rules are simple: vote for who you like better as a reply. That's it. Whoever gets more votes advances to Round 2. It's basically a popularity tournament.

UNIVERSAL/VIACOM DIVISION
#1 Eric Cartman (South Park) vs. #16 Underdog (Underdog)
#8 Inspector Gadget (Inspector Gadget) vs. #9 Doug Funnie (Doug)
#5 Timmy Turner (The Fairly OddParents) vs. #12 Ginger Foutley (As Told by Ginger)
#4 Fievel Mouskewitz (An American Tail) vs. #13 Alvin Seville (Alvin & the Chipmunks)
#6 Bullwinkle (The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle) vs. #11 Rudy Tabootie (ChalkZone)
#3 Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life) vs. #14 Petrie (The Land Before Time)
#7 Angelica Pickles (Rugrats) vs. #10 Eliza Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
#2 Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants) vs. #15 Invader ZIM (Invader ZIM)

WARNER BROS./FOX DIVISION
#1 Homer Simpson (The Simpsons) vs. #16 Dick Dastardly (Wacky Races)
#8 Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack) vs. #9 Smurfette (The Smurfs)
#5 Peter Griffin (Family Guy) vs. #12 Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
#4 Norville "Shaggy" Rogers (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?) vs. #13 Freakazoid (Freakazoid!)
#6 Yosemite Sam (Looney Tunes) vs. #11 Philip J. Fry (Futurama)
#3 Jerry Mouse (Tom & Jerry) vs. #14 Numbah 4 (Codename: Kids Next Door)
#7 Blossom Utonium (The Powerpuff Girls) vs. #10 Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
#2 Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones) vs. #15 Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)

ANIME/MISCELLANEOUS DIVISION
#1 Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z) vs. #16 Doraemon (Doraemon)
#8 Jason Fox (FoxTrot) vs. #9 Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
#5 Luffy D. Monkey (One Piece) vs. #12 Kid Muscle (Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy)
#4 Ranma (Ranma 1/2) vs. #13 Tai Kamiya (Digimon)
#6 Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes) vs. #11 InuYasha (InuYasha)
#3 Shrek (Shrek) vs. #14 Katsumi Liqueur (Silent Möbius)
#7 Ash Ketchum (Pokémon) vs. #10 Huey Freeman (The Boondocks)
#2 Yugi Mutou (Yu-Gi-Oh!) vs. #15 Wallace (Wallace & Gromit)
---
DISNEY/FLEISCHER DIVISION-RESULTS
#1 Mickey Mouse def. #16 Uncle Seltzer
#8 Genie def. #9 PJ
#5 Simba def. #12 Gyro
#4 Donald Duck def. #13 Bonkers
#11 Kim Possible def. #6 Nemo
#3 Buzz Lightyear def. #14 Kit
#10 Sully def. #7 Jiminy Cricket
#2 Popeye def. #15 Wilbur

SilverMachop
28th July 2003, 10:58 PM
This looks like a lot of fun. Kind of like Grudge-Match as well as the one going on at GameFAQS.

So, what do we do while we wait? Just discuss whom we think is going to win, or what?

Dr_Omicron
29th July 2003, 10:45 PM
Whoops! Sorry for being so unclear as to what you're supposed to do. I'll edit this message right now.

SilverMachop
30th July 2003, 11:44 AM
All right! I’ll post up my votes, and just leave out any fights that consist of people I have no clue about.

Underdog has fought gangs, giants, rock monsters, aliens, mad scientists, cannot be hurt by bullets, poison gas, trains crashing into him, and much more! What does Cartmon have to fight against that, except for smelling bad? Nothing! Cartmon’s going down faster than he can down cheesy poofs.

Although Doug is the smarter and more creative of the two, Gadget has always solved his cases by accidentally solving the problem; Doug’s episodes are usually based on accidents that have taken place.

#4 Fievel Mouskewitz (An American Tail) vs. #13 Alvin Seville (Alvin & the Chipmunks)
Fievel has no problem facing up against what mice fear most: cats. Alvin never has the guts to stand up to Dave for things he’s done. He’ll be knocked out by a barrage of cork guns.

#6 Bullwinkle (The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle) vs. #11 Rudy Tabootie (ChalkZone)
Bullwinkle is another accident-prone guy, but he also has many elements on his side: he can speak to the narrator, Rocky can’t be far behind, and his denseness always saves his hide. When even the narrator is on your side, how can you lose?

Although The Land Before Time has gone done the drain by having more sequels than Rocky, Petrie could still take down Rocko. If you’ve ever seen the show, you’ll know that nothing, NOTHING good EVER happens to Rocko! Petrie lean against his house (or the main title), and it will tip over and crash on Rocko! ...Ow.

Like Angelica could ever pull her weight in a fight. She crabs, whines, picks on babies, and is spoiled rotten. She is also bested by the babies constantly, so someone older than her is easily going to outwit her.

#2 Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants) vs. #15 Invader ZIM (Invader ZIM)
Yeah, this fight should go to ZIM, but the only way this fight can take place is if it is underwater, where Spongebob can only be! Invader ZIM runs away from battle, just so he can breathe!

DOH! Homer cannot fall! He can take a ton of abuse, he’s survived a ton of disaster and pain, and he has the Simpson factor: being generally stupid makes things eaiser. And no one is more stupid than Homer.

#4 Norville "Shaggy" Rogers (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?) vs. #13 Freakazoid (Freakazoid!)
What could Shaggy do against a superhero, eat him? Nope. Now if this were Scrappy-Doo, I’d be more inclinded to vote for the only Scooby-Doo member who would pick a fight. Freakazoid will feed Shaggy drugged Scooby Snacks, and Shaggy will take a peaceful nap.

Yosemite Sam’s victories: Zero.
Philip J. Fry’s victories: At least one more than zero.
Plus, Fry has Bender, and Bender could easily defeat Sam.

Dexter has the Rage for this one: girls ruin his life constantly, and he’s pretty sick of it. Blossom would be smacked around by a few robots, but no matter how much she destroyed, Dexter’s lab always manages to survive. If this were Bubbles, she would win, since blond girls are victorious over poor Dexter. But Dexter wins here.

Must you even ask? Vegeta is not only one the most destructive beings in the galaxy, but his name starts with V: V for Victory!

No one can defeat Jason! This kid makes weapons from his toys, can solve math problems that college people can’t, and is also witty! With artillery, intelligence and humor, how could Jason Fox lose? He’s going to foxtrot to victory.

Calvin has all the advantages Jason has, except he’s not as smart. But that doesn’t matter; you never should underestimate the potential of a creative, wicked child!

He has Donkey, Princess Fiona, a dragon, and all the fairy tale... things right behind him! Also, he’s an orge! Ever try killing an orge in D&D? They’re pretty tough.

I’ll give you a few reasons why he wins this:
Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Heracross, Donphan, Kingler, Muk, Snorlax, Bayleef, Totodile, Noctowl, and Cyndaquil.

Tough one. Yugi has no powers until as Yami Yugi, and then he cannot harm anyone unless they have an evil side. Wallace has no evil side. Besides, Wallace has probably eaten the Millenium Cheese, so he’ll be equal in power. Also, remember the last time Yami Yugi did something that put someone in danger (Kaiba in the BEUD episode)? Yugi’s not going to let that happen.
I have to go with the inventor Wallace here. As much as I love Yu-Gi-Oh! and as cool as Yugi is, Wallace will win. And then we’ll have some cheese!

Well, those are my two cents. Come on, everyone! Send in those votes!

Rambunctious Jamirus
30th July 2003, 12:08 PM
I'll do it since I've got nothing better to do. I'm only doing the ones I want to anyways.

What do you know, The guy with everything wins. I mean, he could just ask the dog (forgot the name) to chase him.

#5 Timmy Turner (The Fairly OddParents) vs. #12 Ginger Foutley (As Told by Ginger)

Go, Timmy! He's got two fairies that can just get rid of Ginger forever anyways.

Just call Spike over, he'll deal with the brat.

[fake Sandy voice]Go little square dude![/voice]

Homer all the way! Also, I want to see him against Peter (battle of the idiots!)

Why, you ask? He could just step on her and not even notice.

Don't watch a lot of ATHF but I do want to see him and Homer go head to head.

Go blue guy with black hair! He's too fast for that guy to catch.

I would like to see more Battles of the Idiots and having two Groening shows come together would be nice.

#2 Fred Flintstone (The Flintstones) vs. #15 Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)

The evil girl all the way! She could invent her immortality potion early and destory Fred.

Must I explain?

Even though I love Calvin, I just can't say no to those dog ears. He could rip apart Hobbs and that would destroy Calvin.

#3 Shrek (Shrek) vs. #14 Katsumi Liqueur (Silent MíąŠíąµs)

Go green guy! Even though you have another movie coming out and are acting at the moment, I still believe you can do it!

Okay, I'm done.

Pikachu101
30th July 2003, 01:11 PM
Here's my 2 1/2 cents Note i left out unsure outcome ones

Underdog!!! - Let's see a little punk VS a superhero I'll be watching for cartman to orbit the earth.
Inspector gadget!!! - lets see the guy can go-go gadget anything and all doug has is paper and pencil
Timmy Turner!!!! - Lets see I wish she was on Pluto
Alvin!!! - He could just step on Fievel
Eliza!! - Just get spike to stomp her
ZIM!! It's a matter of who's more annoying Gir or Spongebob and besides have you ever heard of air tanks and Death Rays

Homer!! - He could fart and kill Dick
Samurai Jack - Jack could slice her head off
Shaggy - Put some scooby snacks in freakazoid's hair and shaggy would eat him.
Sam - (I've never heard of Phillip J. Fry.)
Numbah 4 - But it's a toughie brains vs brawn
Dexter - Dexter could make a antidote X and kick her butt
Mandy - Fred has a car that you use your feet to move Mandy has the Grim Reaper

Vegeta - Do you have to ask?
#4 Ranma (Ranma 1/2) vs. #13 Tai Kamiya (Digimon)
Tai - I love digimon and have never heard of Ranma
Calvin - Inuyasha would stand no chance against Stupendous Man!!
Shrek - Do you have to ask again?
Ash - Two words Pikachu, Thundershock!!!
Yugi Hello Dark magician and Buster Blader Wallace would be dead in an instant

Gengachu
30th July 2003, 01:44 PM
Gadget

Timmy

Alvin

Bullwinkle (ChalkZone sucks)

Rocko

Eliza

Undecided as both are cool.

Homer

Samurai Jack

Peter (Family Guy kicks @ss)

Shaggy

Fry

Jerry

Dexter

Flintstone

Dr_Omicron
30th July 2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the support! That's more than I can say for some certain elitist message boards I've put this on. The polls officially close August 3rd, when Round 2 comes on in. Should I post the total results so far?

SilverMachop
30th July 2003, 09:46 PM
I'd probably be best if you do. That way, we know who's leading; or maybe that's just me, 'cause I like to know who's leading.

Oh, and if there are ties on the deadline day, what are you going to do? Add your vote to break it, or flip a coin? Just curious.

Dr_Omicron
30th July 2003, 10:20 PM
UPDATE: Added in the most recent votes. And they sure did make a difference. :D

A rule I forgot to mention every time: I function as Vice President. In other words, I cast all tiebreaking votes. Of course, I don't give my vote on anything else, simply to be fair and not unintentionally put two votes in the same match. Here is how the bottom three divisions stack up so far (totals added from every spot I do this on--that's right all three of them):

#16 Underdog is beating #1 Cartman, 6-5
#8 Gadget is beating #9 Doug, 10-3
#5 Timmy is beating #12 Ginger, 8-4
#13 Alvin is beating #4 Fievel, 7-5
#6 Bullwinkle is beating #11 Rudy, 9-2
#3 Rocko is beating #14 Petrie, 8-3
#7 Angelica is beating #10 Ginger, 7-6
#15 ZIM is beating #2 Spongebob, 8-4

WB/FOX DIVISION
#1 Homer is beating #16 Dick, 11-4
#8 Jack is tied with #9 Smurfette, 7-7
#5 Peter is beating #12 Shake,12-1
#13 Freakazoid is beating #4 Shaggy, 9-6
#11 Fry is beating #6 Sam, 10-5
#3 Jerry is beating #14 Four, 9-4
#10 Dexter is beating #7 Blossom, 9-4
#2 Fred is tied with #15 Mandy, 7-7

#1 Vegeta is beating #16 Doraemon, 10-4
#9 Vash is beating #8 Jason, 8-4
#5 Luffy is beating #12 K.M., 5-3
#4 Ranma is beating #13 Tai, 9-3
#6 Calvin is beating #11 InuYasha, 9-5
#3 Shrek is beating #14 Katsumi,9-3
#7 Ash is beating #10 Huey, 8-4
#2 Yugi is tied with #15 Wallace, 6-6

Mikey
30th July 2003, 11:35 PM
1. Eric Cartman
2. DOug
3. Ginger
4. Fievel
5.Bullwinkle
6. Petrie
7. Angelica
8. Invader ZIM

9. Homer
10. Smurfette
11. Peter
12. Shaggy
13. Fry
14. Jerry
15. Blossom
16. Fred

17. Vegeta
18. Vash
19. Luffy
20. Ty
21.Inuyasha
22. Katsumi
23. Ash
24. Yugi

mr_pikachu
2nd August 2003, 03:33 PM
I saw this at GameFAQs, too. Yes! Voting time!

#5 Timmy Turner (The Fairly OddParents) vs. #12 Ginger Foutley (As Told by Ginger) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character
#7 Angelica Pickles (Rugrats) vs. #10 Eliza Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I hate them both
#2 Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants) vs. #15 Invader ZIM (Invader ZIM) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character

#8 Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack) vs. #9 Smurfette (The Smurfs) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character
#5 Peter Griffin (Family Guy) vs. #12 Master Shake (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character
#4 Norville "Shaggy" Rogers (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?) vs. #13 Freakazoid (Freakazoid!) *sigh*... I hate the Scooby-Doo show, but I'll vote for Shaggy anyway.
#7 Blossom Utonium (The Powerpuff Girls) vs. #10 Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character

#1 Vegeta (Dragon Ball Z) vs. #16 Doraemon (Doraemon) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character
#5 Luffy D. Monkey (One Piece) vs. #12 Kid Muscle (Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character
#4 Ranma (Ranma 1/2) vs. #13 Tai Kamiya (Digimon) I abstain from this matchup on the grounds that I know nothing about either character

That just about covers it! Strange... I voted for a lot of underdogs... and I abstained on many of the rest of them... lol.