PDA

View Full Version : Mirrodin: Magic goes tech.

Razola
29th July 2003, 11:55 PM
Over at StarCity Games (www.Starcitygames.com) you can find the guideline art for the creatures and locales of Mirrodin, the next large expansion for Magic (and the start of the Mirrodin block).

The concept art shows dragons, angels, vampires, clerics, and elves...only with a sci-fi spin. Angels are more robotic and elves seem to have something called "evo-morph."

High-Tech Magic? After 10 years of a medieval fantasy approach, Magic seems to be heading into new territory.

Kool Dudy
30th July 2003, 12:23 AM
Heh...I say that this morning.

I really like the new artwork esp. the green creature named something like Tierra or sometin like that.

The evo-morph seems really awesome. I've heard from recent boards that this evo-morph goes like this...

Card
WW
Morph 2W - Flip card over
Evo-Morph 1W - When you pay Evo-Morph. Card gets +2/+2

That's just an example but that's prob. how it goes.

Razola
30th July 2003, 12:39 AM
A mechanic that carries over from a previous block? I don't think Wizards is doing that just yet.

Besides, I'm tired of flipping cards.

Kool Dudy
30th July 2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah...I've heard that this evo-morph thing is suppose to be like morph-kicker.

I think you guys know what kicker is right...If not, here's another example...

Card
RR
Kicker R - When Card comes into play, if you paid the kicker cost, you could deal 5 damage to target player.
6/6

Obviously, that's a fake card because it's too good to be true but that's an example.

Alec Trevelyan
30th July 2003, 10:47 AM
to be honest, people of mtg are just "following" the story of the game! See Gerrard, he had a flying ship, that's high-tech too, metamorph can be compared to our times, the biotechnological time, uh?