PDA

View Full Version : F-Zero GX

Ghost
30th July 2003, 06:47 AM
Is anybody here planning on buying F-Zero GX? I know I am. I've played all the F-Zero games except Maxium Velocity. When you get the game, what character are you looking forward to playing as? I'm with C.F. all the way.

Shadowfax
30th July 2003, 11:12 AM
the fact you need to go to an arcade to unlock a lot of the cool stuff is stopping me from being interested in the slightest. There's no arcade for miles around here, so they had better take at all this arcade link up think before i even think about buying it.

Nintendo's going waayy to far with all this conectivity stuff.

Cheesey
30th July 2003, 01:45 PM
I'm planning to get it, even though there is no arcade for miles ;_; It looks so damn cool though, and I'm sure it'll rock even though I can't get extra cool stuff =)

mic_128
30th July 2003, 09:22 PM
Keep the conectivity! The ability to play with your data at an arcade would be helll cool! So what if there's no arcade? If they take the conectiity out, you still wouldn't be able to get the cool stuff. Roll on F-Zero AX!

Strider
30th July 2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
the fact you need to go to an arcade to unlock a lot of the cool stuff is stopping me from being interested in the slightest. There's no arcade for miles around here, so they had better take at all this arcade link up think before i even think about buying it.

Nintendo's going waayy to far with all this conectivity stuff.

Actually, I hear from importers and players in Japan that it is possible to unlock mostly everything without AX.

Elaborating on this: obatin AX parts by clearing Story Mode on hard; clear Story Mode on very hard to unlock AX characters; clear all four initial cups in Grand Prix mode on Master to unlock AX Cup; and finally, unlock AX Cup's Mute City - Sonic Oval by clearing that cup on any difficulty.

As well, there seems to be another unlockable special machine obtainable through AX only, though. This machine is Bahamut, and is said to be unlocked by using the license card that is included with GX in AX.

Back on topic. Of course I'm getting this.. I've been waiting for GX/AX ever since I first heard of it well over a year ago.

By the looks of it, this can be better than all the previous F-Zeros put together... :o

As for the question, I'm looking forward to playing as Falcon/Bio Rex/Blood Falcon/Phoenix most. Of course, I'm going to use Falcon the most at first to unlock the other racers.

Mewfour
30th July 2003, 10:24 PM
Actually, you can unlock EVERYTHING in GX.... it's just that the AX stuff takes quite a lot of effort on your part. Right, time to buy me an Action Replay. *Pops down to Wal-Mart*

ILikePokemonP
31st July 2003, 02:02 AM
Well there's so much hype around and I've seen a few screenshots so I might get it. F Zero MV was my first GBA game.

Shadowfax
31st July 2003, 02:45 AM
why should I have to pay £35-40 on a game, only to have to travel 50 or so miles, and pay more to play an arcade machine, just to unlock more stuff in a game that i just payed for?

the same thing goes for GBA link up. Nintendo's going to do themselves out of buisness if they keep this up.

Astarin
2nd August 2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
why should I have to pay £35-40 on a game, only to have to travel 50 or so miles, and pay more to play an arcade machine, just to unlock more stuff in a game that i just payed for?

the same thing goes for GBA link up. Nintendo's going to do themselves out of buisness if they keep this up.

Someone just told you that the arcade link-up isn't neccessary to unlock everything. You don't have to drive anywhere, you're not listening. Its an added bonus to get more enjoyment out of the game. Same with GBA connectivity; its never a requirement. I enjoy the push towards connectivity; its something I can make use of, and only Nintendo offers.

mic_128
4th August 2003, 12:02 AM
Exactly. The conectivity is exclusive for nintendo (At least for now without the Sony psp) It's never required to play and the very few that are (Pac-man, Pokemon collusieum maybe?) they are all 'going' to be cheaper than other games. Plus, it influences people to get the cube vertion of multi-platform games. Rayman 3 for example.

Shadowfax
4th August 2003, 04:30 AM
their still locking off stuff that IS already in the game, I dont think sony are going to do this because they see the future of gaming online, along with microsoft, but Nintendo seem to think the way forward is gba connectivity.

if you own a gba, and a gamecube this is all fine, but for people who dont.... how many people will want the N5 if it has gb linkup instead of a broadband adaptor?? Sony and Microsoft are gonna crush Nintendo if they keep this up..

mic_128
5th August 2003, 12:21 AM
The stuff that you use the GBA for wouldn't be posible without a GBA. For example, the use in Sonic adventure(DX/2) It would not be in the game unless you could do it. If they had no conectivity, you couldn't do it anyway. It's just little extras that benefit those that have a GBA aswell as a Gamecube.