PDA

View Full Version : My FIRST Ru/Sa Team!(mainly UU)

The Muffin Man
25th December 2002, 08:24 PM
Roseria - Nature Heal
MiracleBerry - Cowardly, -Atk, +SP
Giga Drain, Spikes, Leech Seed/Aroma Therapy, Stun Spore
~Enough regaining health without Leftovers or Synthesis. That'd just be mean. Aroma Therapy is risky. I don't expect Rosey to
do much beyond Spike, Seed, Stun and then die. If it survives I'd be going down soon anyway.

Raiboruto - Static Electricity
Mint Berry - Humble, -atk +SA
Thunderwave, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Rest
~Great special. Possible PAR to Ground-types on a KO

Absoru - Pressure
Leftovers, Naughty, -SA, +Def
Slash, Swords Dance, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball
~HUGE attack, better defense. Useless SA. And Psuedo-Hazers will pop in after one SD, get smacked with HB, and then blow me out so I'm safe and sound.

Metagurosu - Clear Body
Leftovers, Hasty, -Def, +Sp
Earthquake, Psychic, Meteor Punch, ShadowBall
~Look at those stats! Disgustingly high! I am going to take it off right now!!
....*scratches self*
Ok, now seriously. He's great. He sac's a bit of Defense which is still massive for a nicer speed.

Umbreon - Synchronize
Leftovers, Cowardly, -Atk, +SP
Mean Look, Moonlight, Screech, Baton Pass
~Just gonna pass to Meta. Which in turn means you're gonna get smacked...painfully hard.

Misdreavus - Floating
Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Sealed
~Blah. Perish Trapper with a twist. Sealed keeps me safe from other Perish Trappers. They can't mean-look, perish song, or protect. Yay me.

Yes, Underused before the Metagame is established. But these pokemon are so uncommon on teams, yet pretty good.

Azura Stardust
25th December 2002, 09:06 PM
Eh Mike you posted this in the wrong thread I think you meant to click New Thread but you clicked Post Reply. :( there, I split it for you..

anyway I'm too busy transcribing dex entries so all I can say right now is There Is No Such Thing As UnderUsed Because Nobody Has Even Really Started Battling Yet.

The Muffin Man
25th December 2002, 09:28 PM
Heh. Yeah I know. But here's the thing:

it's the FIRST underused team! XD it will always be the original because nobody uses these guys yet.

Madelyn151
25th December 2002, 09:36 PM
metagurosu? underused? o_O;;

raibolt isn't underused right now, but that's because nobody's really battled yet... ampharos was massively overused back before gs was released in english, and i was thought of as radically strangely different because my original gs team had an entei and not houndoom... god, that thing was, like, SO overused before gs was released ^_^;

Damian Silverblade
25th December 2002, 09:40 PM
Actualy I think Raiboruto and Abusoru doesn't quite qualify for underused. Same, I suppose, for Metagurosu (though I haven't seen that one as much in this forum).

As for the rest, it seems pretty good, and it's certainly pokemon that aren'T so common so far. MLPass Umbreon is fairly nice (though not an astonhingly new set).

The Muffin Man
25th December 2002, 10:34 PM
Well these pokemon probably WILL become UUed, as they are not the most strategic pokemon ever. I have yet to see Metagurosu on any teams.

Now, if you'd like to actually rate the team...what would you suggest, use, etc?

Madelyn151
25th December 2002, 10:44 PM
i've seen metagurosu used on most teams (he's on my 202 team). o_O;

but anyway.

roseria : be mean. =P @ leftovers. i'd aromatherapy too...

raibolt : yup. like jolty sort of.

absol : looks good to me

meta : take away speed, add something else. put agility instead of shadow ball.

umby : never liked pokemon with no attacks unless they were, like, ledian... but i guess this works

misdreavus : sure. is her characteristic floating? i thought it was like, weezing, chiriin, gengar, umm the sun, the moon, furaigon (immune to earthquake, resistant to rock slide!), and...like...others... aren't i specific?

it's cold. edit : so cold i forgot umbreon.

Raichu748
25th December 2002, 10:53 PM
Roseria - Nature Heal
MiracleBerry - Cowardly, -Atk, +SP
Giga Drain, Spikes, Leech Seed/Aroma Therapy, Stun Spore
~Enough regaining health without Leftovers or Synthesis. That'd just be mean. Aroma Therapy is risky. I don't expect Rosey to
do much beyond Spike, Seed, Stun and then die. If it survives I'd be going down soon anyway..

Spikes=good. n_n Go for Leech Seed, it continues to suck health from that pokemon as long as they're out, even if Rosie dies. ^_^ If you want her to last longer you could give her Lefties and Ne-o-Haru (like leech seed, but gets health each turn from the ground. but you can't recall her after this. :\ I don't think you would anyway... )over Stun Spore. Then you'd have a spiker and she'd be getting heath each turn (once it's set up) from Leftovers, Leech Seed, Ne-o-Haru, and Giga Drain. Nifty. ;-D

Raiboruto - Static Electricity
Mint Berry - Humble, -atk +SA
Thunderwave, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Rest
~Great special. Possible PAR to Ground-types on a KO.

I've never used him (personally would like him better had he recieved better colors. >_o) but this looks good! ^_^

Absoru - Pressure
Leftovers, Naughty, -SA, +Def
Slash, Swords Dance, Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball
~HUGE attack, better defense. Useless SA. And Psuedo-Hazers will pop in after one SD, get smacked with HB, and then blow me out so I'm safe and sound..

Oooo... I'll have to try that strategy w/ the psudeo-hazer thing. Very, very nifty. :p

Metagurosu - Clear Body
Leftovers, Hasty, -Def, +Sp
Earthquake, Psychic, Meteor Punch, ShadowBall
~Look at those stats! Disgustingly high! I am going to take it off right now!!
....*scratches self*
Ok, now seriously. He's great. He sac's a bit of Defense which is still massive for a nicer speed..

~_~ *wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of those attacks*

Umbreon - Synchronize
Mean Look, Moonlight, Screech, Baton Pass
~Just gonna pass to Meta. Which in turn means you're gonna get smacked...painfully hard..

What can I say? It works... o_o

Misdreavus - Floating
Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Sealed
~Blah. Perish Trapper with a twist. Sealed keeps me safe from other Perish Trappers. They can't mean-look, perish song, or protect. Yay me.

Evil. Nasty. Meanie. *_*

Overall, you're lacking some solid, reliable Fire/Ice/Rock, but this looks like a fun team. :)

Mute
25th December 2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Madelyn151
misdreavus : sure. is her characteristic floating? i thought it was like, weezing, chiriin, gengar, umm the sun, the moon, furaigon (immune to earthquake, resistant to rock slide!), and...like...others... aren't i specific?

Yes, Misdreavus' characteristic is indeed floating. Trust me, I've pitted my Misdreavus against many a ground-moves, and they fail to hit. I don't think I have adequate experience in R/S yet, so I won't comment on the rest of the team, but I will say that Misdreavus' moveset looks like it would do well. Misdreavus truly is a wonderful pokemon. That's why it's my favourite. =)

Runpapa
25th December 2002, 11:23 PM
I didn't know Ground-types were affected by Electric moves!? Thunderwave counts?

Azura Stardust
26th December 2002, 12:54 AM
No - you see, Raiboruto has a chracteristic that (I think 10 or 20% of the time) when it's hit the opponent gets paralyzed. So if I'm not wrong this applies to ground types as well.

You're missing water and fire moves. !

I cant find any 3x weakness either.

The Muffin Man
26th December 2002, 02:26 AM
I don't want Rozey to be more than a Spiker, really

Raibaruto - Of course he pwns :D

Absoru - Of course it's great :D

Meta - Mady, are you smoking something o_O; Agility?? Yeah I'll waste my time using Agility to just pummel them

Umb - 1337ness :D

Misdreavus - Yes, she has floating :o

I do indeed need a water attack, Perhaps replace one of my Dark-types, or Misdreavus for the Walrus? that'd give me a 3x to fighting, tho...

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Meta - Mady, are you smoking something o_O; Agility?? Yeah I'll waste my time using Agility to just pummel them

well, i see how you could do without it. metagurosu's speed isn't THAT bad, especially for something, like, shaped like it (base 70). but it's his only base stat that isn't 90+ (except hp)... you don't need to agility a lot, just once, and you've got a FAST killing machine.