PDA

View Full Version : 3rd place, isnt nice?!

Alec Trevelyan
25th December 2002, 11:41 PM
Well, as i told you in the other topic about purple king, i took 3rd place, not bad uh? I would like to say that i didnt make any report of matches, so i'm just going to resume the matches.

1st day:

Draft. God, i never drafted pokemon in my life, and i think many people were at the same situation, the draft was gym heroes/gym challenge. I got a good deck, specially cuz i drafted rocket's chan and other good fighting guys, 6 rounds, i did 4-1-1. Not bad, noone was invict at first day.

2nd day:

Wow, now things are getting hot! I talked w/ darkyouth about this deck and he thought interesting, so, lets go to the deck:

3x Cleffa
4x Sneasel
2x Pichu
2x Tyrogue
1x Brock's Mankey
1x Murkrow

Energy
4x Darkness Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x Recycle Energy

Trainers
4x Lass
4x Double Gust
3x Computer Search
3x Professor Oak
2x EcoGym
4x Focus Band
3x Item Finder
3x Energy Charge
2x Oak's Research
2x Chaos Gym
2x Super Energy Removal
1x Gold Berry
2x Nightly Garbage Run

Basically its a fast sneasel deck, w/ some removal and trainer disrupt. The most important thing around this deck is the gym control, 2x i opened w/ lass, cleffa. Then eeeeeeeked, put chaos gym in play and started to build sneasels and eeeeeeeking. Double gust was also a good card, many times i healed from prlz/sleep/etc due to 2x gust, what a amazing card! 4 focus band made a good game, specially against "mirrors", when the alive sneasel makes the game. I thought about adding ditto to TeCH against sneasel, but this deck doesnt uses DCE, so i decided to keep the same. There were 3 rounds of unlimited:

1st round: Against slowking/sneasel/rocket's zappy

This match was something weird, i opened w/ sneasel, couple of darks, oak's research, bla bla... he opened w/ a single cleffa, i won the flip. Oaked research, got full bench, attached dark, fliped: heads. got other 3 flips, wow, what a lucky open! 1x0
The 2nd match he did well, started w/ zappy, but he could evolve slowpokes, dunno why, i think his deck wasnt "running" ok. That's the problem against theses decks, they lost its center: SLOWKING, i tried something like this, but in these kind of decks its hard to build up 2 pokemons at the same time... specially cuz it uses at least 6 lightning nrg, 4 dark, 2 rainbow, and 4-4 king line. Back to the match, he plasma cleffa , heads. I attached DOLD ( :D ) berry to sneasel, darkness, attack, 20.... then i got pc search, oaked, oaked, fully bench, attack, bla bla bla. Yay, 2x0 wasnt very bad uh?

2nd round: Fable/Muk

Yay, fable is sickness, he opened good, evolved muk (lucky me he dunno that i dont use any pokepower), got B. mankey, called muk, zzzaped him! and another on the bench. He pc searched for DCE, retreated, gusted me, send sneasel, put clefable, meh, 3 flips and pow, ko =/. His deck was w/ 4 gusts. Agh! But i did great, banded sneasel, built up, and started to punch fables... bery hard mach... both w/ 1 prize left.... but i got another band to save sneasel... and than pow, knocked the fable. 1x0 . Uff, what a match!
On second match he would start. I got a good hand, but w/ 1 problem: B. Mankey, and he runs 1 E. Puff on his deck, a guy told me, yack. He opened w/ couple of fairy, 1 grimer and cleffa. he pc searched, got oak, oaked, got puff, attached DCE (and a plus power =/ ) and u know, agh, 1x1.
Third match would be decisive, i opened good, sneasel, cleffa, search, LASS, bla bla... He opened w/ fairy and grimer. I would start. drew, attached recycle to cleffa, lassed, wow, his hand was a bit good, search, oak, poketrader, he was very disapointed w/ that... he was just w/ DCE and muk on his hand :D . Eeeeeeeked... he drew, attached to fairy, passed. I attached Dark on sneasel, searched for chaos gym , put 2 pichus on bench, and started attacking, he got cleffa, sent to active, i knocked it! then grimer... He opened his hand and conceded.

3rd Round: Buzz/sneasel/Chan (and rockets). Wow something like theree deuce :P .
The main problems of this deck is that he missed many spaces on the deck for energy. On the end of the match he told me he was running: 4 dark, 4 eletric, 6 fighting and 4 rainbow... 18 energies, is a bit for a "fast" deck. I'm very sorry, but i dunno what happened but i didnt remember nuff from this match, at this time my headache was on top, and i couldnt think well =/. I just know his 2 Rocket's chan gave me some trouble, i knocked this 2x, and this guy knocked sneasel too :/ . I did 2x0, but the 2nd match my deck worked well, lass, eeeeeeek, chaos, sneasel, attack, bla bla bla.

Well, i did great at this time: 7-1-1, adding day 1 points. Hey look, i was at first place!

Now it would be top 8, format: Modified, yaya, now my nightmare begins i thought. Slowking did a good work on modified for me, the deck was:

4 Slowpoke
4 Slowking
4 Eevee
3 Espeon
1 Umbreon (this guy was the TeCH i needed against the baby war :P )
1 Murkrow
3 Cleffa

4 Dark energy
12 Psy energy

2 Oak's research
2 Copycat
4 Elm
4 Focus band
2 Lucky gym (yeah, this one is teasty)
4 Poketrader
1 Time capsule
3 Double gust
2 Switch (king needs this)

Yay, i liked this deck, w/ slowking the game would be diffult for opponet, specially when ur open hand has 2 slowpoke, cleffa and/or any draw engine right? Let's go to top 8:

Quarterfinlas: Entei/Magcargo

I opened w/ the wished hand, he won the flip, his side was w/ cleffa, couple of slugmas, and i was w/ 1 slowpoke, 2 cleffa and 1 eevee. I thought this game would be difficult due to magcargo discards energy, so espeon wouldnt work, but i thought about umbreon w/ focus band, and than it happened, got 2 darks on it, and started hunting his cleffa, and 50 to the active is nice too... I won juz bcuz of umbreon! Wow.
On 2nd match i went a bit good too, almost the same hand, but he opened better, evolved, put entei, howl, bla bla, lucky me i got band, baned espeon, he passed (dunno why, he was w/ magcargo in a good situation), i gusted, he gusted slowking, i switched to espeon, attached dark to his (yes!) and koed! He howled entei's power to itself, attacked, but hey, band helped.. then i koed and he was w/ a single cleffa, koed by murkrow :D

Semifinals: Scizor/Kabutops

Hey, who would expect this deck? This one have a greatest attack than steelix. But wasnt the steelix that afreaked me, was the igglybuffes. He went good, i was more or less, he got scizor, started the party, since espeon would do any great damage =/. 1x0
The second match was exactly the same, oh god, cannot belive =/. He won the finals too, and he's the current champion. His decklist:

04 Kabuto
04 Kabutops
03 Cleffa
03 Igglypuff
03 Scyther
03 Scizor
04 Professor Elm
02 Copy Cat
04 Gold Berry
02 Fóssil Egg
03 Misterious fossil
02 Energy Stadium
02 Trader
01 Time Capsule
03 metal nrg
03 recycle nrg
04 rainbow nrg
02 grass nrg
06 fighting nrg

A bit good, scizor was something anyone was expectating.

Props:
me, i did good matches
pojo ness, the original idea of the deck was from him
devir, i had a great time
darkyouth and other doods from here that helped me
dad and mom
poke tcg, for being so cool
god or luck?!, many decisive flips i got heads
my standart deck, wow i'm starting to do something like sneasel project, just like insanity

slops:
devir, the price would be better
people that were thinking they would win
scizor, for being so broken
igglybuff
me, dunno why, but i really dunno if i did any mistake
people who thinks that pokemon sux

Well, i think that is! CYA! :wave: :wave: :wave:

hobbs
27th December 2002, 10:52 AM
Very good decks you got there. And big congrats on getting third! And even bigger on doing well in a draft the first time out, probably the most difficult format in Pokemon.

BTW, did you win anything for getting 3rd?

Alec Trevelyan
27th December 2002, 05:34 PM
tkz hobbs. Yeah, i got 1 booster box ("E"). I didnt open, i sold it to buy somethings i need, and to hold some money to buy some aquapolis cards, uh? About draft, i liked very much, i just drafted on MTG, but i think i was very lucky getting good ones like R. Chan.

cya

Roarkiller
28th December 2002, 12:02 AM
U sold the box by itself?! Lol, u know, u couldve opened every booster and sell the cards individually. They'll give u a LOT more cash than the box by itself, lol. But its ur decision i guess.

Aquapolis should be coming in 1.5 mths, rather far ahead. I dunno if i can hold on to my savings for that long. I have a spending impulse, and it doesnt help that im a collector of various stuff.