PDA

View Full Version : Look at my swords :>

VirtualPlay
31st July 2003, 11:41 AM
Obviously, nothing real here...just pencil sketches of a couple video game blades I decided to draw.

Now, the big problem I have is that the company that made my scanner decided not to make an OS X driver. So as my scanner doesn't work (it's at least 6 years old anyway), I had to take digital photos of the actual paper...I don't particularly like the results, but at least you can see them.

Now these images are about 1.1 MB, because they're 640x480 JPEG pictures. Since they're too large to directly place here, I'll only be providing a link to each one.

Spectral Swallow (from Chrono Cross):
http://home.comcast.net/~dark_archon/images/Swallow2.jpg

Master Sword in Pedestal (from Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
http://home.comcast.net/~dark_archon/images/MasterSword1.jpg

I really need to go bug my dad to get a better scanner. -.-'

Civmonopolis
31st July 2003, 03:01 PM
Let me just tell you you pics are great. Nothing like them. Keep up the great work.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
31st July 2003, 04:25 PM
Excellent. I like the spectral swallow. I used to draw swords all the time, and once upon a time, I could probably have drawn them, however I took art class and now I can't draw worth crap, so those are 10 times better than any swords I can draw right now.

Katie
31st July 2003, 04:51 PM
lol I've always been bad with any kind of weaponry >_< you must have a gift, good job with these. sucks that you couldn't use a scanner, it's hard to see some things in 'em >_o I can't tell if there's shading or anything. from what I can tell it looks great though. nice job ^_^

~Katie

Cheesey
31st July 2003, 04:57 PM
Mike, they are excellent. Very good swords. And I dunno if I'd have loked at them if you hadn't said "look at my swords :>" all the time in ummmm =P, because I don't visit FanArt very often x)

Kasumi Chan
1st August 2003, 02:22 PM
Those are really nice sketches, Mike! Especially the first one. I like the texture and shading you used on it. =3 Better than any weapon I could draw. *nodnod*

Oh and I hope you convince your dad to buy a new scanner. ^^

Crystal Mew
1st August 2003, 03:47 PM
=D! Those are really cool Mike. I understand about scanners.... blah, we need one too :p
But you did a great job => I like the second one :)

VirtualPlay
3rd August 2003, 12:43 AM
wow, thanks for the feedback :>

well, I was bored yesterday, and since I'm recently addicted to Golden Sun 2, here is, from my weird imagination, my interpretation of the "Fire Brand" sword from the Golden Sun series.

http://home.comcast.net/~dark_archon/images/firebrand.jpg

once again, taken as a photo...touched up slightly this time. 1.1 MB and 640x480

Crystal Mew
3rd August 2003, 12:52 AM
Ooh, that last sword is pretty cool Mike, :)
like I said on AIM, you're really good :D

Asilynne
3rd August 2003, 02:34 AM
Nice weaponry! I like the shading and detail on all of them, plus you show the movement of the fire really well. Did I mention the details really good? lol You can tell by looking at those drawings what materials each weapon is made out of, keep up the good work!

Cheesey
3rd August 2003, 02:10 PM
That Golden Sun sword is excellent as well, all firey o_O Looks painful...

Um, yeah, good work! o.o

Kasumi Chan
3rd August 2003, 03:08 PM
Yet another great sketch! ^^ I like the firey (sp?) you gave it. Maybe you should try to draw Excalibur sometime. :o