PDA

View Full Version : My "serious" artworks

aragornbird
31st July 2003, 05:22 PM
These are considered my "serious" works of art because they take me over an hour to complete (sometimes, days or weeks) and they look better than what I normally do.

They're not Pokemon related, I hope that's okay, but they're certainly art related. The following are done purely in pencil, I hope to move on to colors later.

This first one is a baby griffon. Hopefully, it'll show up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hexae
31st July 2003, 05:25 PM
:O That's adorable, AB! The wings! And the head! And the claws! Amazing!

Hehe.. anyways, a very cute and realistic looking piece. :D Do you use normal pencils, mechanical ones, or art pencils, may I ask?

aragornbird
31st July 2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Hex! :D

Sadly, I use mechanical pencils. They're not meant for serious drawing and shading, and sometimes it's hard to create good textures with their thin lead tips. But I only have one single art pencil in my house. Grrr...must get more....

Here's another one, more griffons this time, but now they're fully grown.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Katie
31st July 2003, 05:34 PM
wow! he's so cute! the stubby wings and paws, aww so adorable. I want one now :< how long did that one take you? good job, you and ashlea would get along :yes: you lil griffin nutcases ^_~

~Katie

edit: whoops, you posted while I was typing up mine =o I'll rate the second one now I guess .-. there's not really much to say about it, but nice shading, nice background, nice wings nice poses etc XD I honestly don't see anything wrong with these, keep up the good good work ^_^

Dragonfree
31st July 2003, 08:48 PM
:o THESE. ARE. AMAZING.

Seriously, the fur... the poses... the feathers... everything... it's... all... so... detailed... and perfect... and the baby one is so cute... urgh, I shouldn't be replying, I have nothing interesting to say...

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
31st July 2003, 09:28 PM
That is way awesome. I wish I could draw like that. Sadly, the only thing I'm really good at is lineart (and only when I'm in a good moon ^^)

But those absolutely rock. I think I'm gonna save them on my comp... That is, if it's alright with you =D

~Chico

pikachu_rulez
5th August 2003, 07:03 PM
Dude.

Those...are...freaking...AWESOME!!!!

They look like they're going to leap off the page...Fantastic work!

Agent Elrond
6th August 2003, 05:12 PM
Great work! I think the feathers really make them real. Seriously, you did a wonderful job with the wings/feathers. I know this because I have tried to draw griffins myself.

I wonder though how old the baby one is, I mean, it must be a few months old to have all it's feathers grown in. I imagined newly hatched ones of have naked wings with pinfeathers, like real birds do.

Not that that matters, they're great drawings deserving of a place in a prominant book. About griffins, of course.