PDA

View Full Version : Major news on Sonic Heroes!

Last Exile
1st August 2003, 12:22 AM
I read a major update in a Nintendo mag, and I just thought I had to tell others in case they didn't know!

Sonic Heroes for the Gamecube is now 60% done. Nintendo reckons Asia will get it just before Christmas and that the USA, UK, Europe and Australia can expect a release very early in 2004.

2 levels were shown at the E3 Gaming Convention, and reviewers were impressed. While there were still flaws that needed to be worked on, the signs are very good indeed! :)

Firstly, no more treasure hunting or shoo-em-ups and all that annoyed many traditional Sonic fans in Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. This time, the deal is:

Characters will work in teams of three! :D

Yep, and there are FOUR teams that will be in the game! And it has been confirmed that all old characters will reappear for this one, and possibly a few new ones! ;)

Team 1 = Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. While this one is obvious, the novelty is how they work together! Sonic races round the levels like crazy, Tails lets the other two hold onto him while he flies them around and Knuckles blasts his way through solid walls! This team aspect sounds pretty cool, being able to use three characters at once! :O

Team 2 = The all-female lineup! :) The hot rumour is that this team will contain Amy and Cream, as many shots showing the two of them at the same time were shown at E3. There's a suggestion that Big the Cat (?!?!?!) is the 3rd member, but I'm not sure about that. :confused: I'd think Rouge would be a better 3rd member.

Team 3 = THE DARK SIDE! While the characters are unknown, there will be a majorly evil team to control! However, you'd expect Eggman to be in it. And who knows, maybe Shadow could make a comeback! :O

Team 4 = ??? This is the major mystery surrounding the team aspect. No one outside the gaming team has a clue what the 4th team is about, so this could be a team of new characters cruical to the plot of Sonic Heroes.

Another interesting revelationat E3 was that all 4 teams will play the same levels, but that due to different abilities and so forth, there will be many different ways to complete the same level! This aspect will surely bring back memories of the original Sonic games and retest the ability to explore the unexplored.

Reviewers were a little annoyed with graphics and handling, but hopefully those bugs are gone by the release. They averaged a 7/10 rating at the moment, giving the thumbs up to the team aspect and a return to the "Just get to the end of the level!" aspect that made Sonic so much fun in the first place!

So, the signs look good! Sonic looks set to rock 2004 big time with this coming installment in the Sonic saga! :)

Razola
1st August 2003, 01:18 AM
Sorry, but this is old news. A full-blown preview is printed in EGM.

The 4th team is team Chaotix, featuring Vector the Crocodile, Charmy the Bee, and Espio the Chameleon.

Looking forward to the game though.

Shadowfax
1st August 2003, 02:37 AM
and yeah, its Amy, Cream and Big, so its not really all female :P

Ghost
1st August 2003, 06:58 AM
I'm looking forward to sonic heros multi player. Because I love Knuckles, cousin Loves Tails, and my brother loves sonic.

Shadowfax
1st August 2003, 08:56 AM
The player who was playing as the Sonic Team would be controlling Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. I dont think you can actually do multiplayer with each of you controlling one of the characters.

It would be pretty cool though :D

The Prophet
1st August 2003, 10:25 AM
Team Dark consists of Shadow (squee! ^_^), Rouge, and a robot that looks like a pumped-up Gamma by the name of Omega.

The new villian is a new model of Metal Sonic, who, by the preivew movies, is wearing either a cape or a trenchcoat. Sweet ^_^

I hear it's coming out on January 15. Yay!