PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Door Question

Kadabra790
1st August 2003, 08:10 PM
If you were to find a free-standing door, not set into a wall or anything, would you open it, in hopes of possibly going elsewhere?

Syberia
1st August 2003, 08:26 PM
If I was really, really bored, then I might open it just to open it. But even if I did, I wouldn't expect to find anything on the other side except what would be there anyways if the door didn't exist. Magic, fate, and alternate dimensions just aren't for me, you might say.

Blinky121
1st August 2003, 08:31 PM
I would. It's a door! That is what they're meant for, you know...

Real One Barunson
1st August 2003, 08:32 PM
I would not touch that door, I might not come back from the other dimension and alot of people would be sad :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hurricane
1st August 2003, 09:15 PM
I would open it. I might be able to escape this world.

Crystal Mew
1st August 2003, 11:20 PM
Knowing me, I would probably open it, cause I'm curious like that =D
But if I opened it, I wouldn't open it to go somewhere, if ya know hwat I mean o_0; its just something to open, so I'll open it :) and if it takes me somewhere, than...yay? =o

*wonders if that made any sense* >_>;

Aipom Of Doom
1st August 2003, 11:34 PM
I'd open it, walk through the area where it had been opened from, close it on the other side, come back around it, and then laugh at the people who thought that the door opened to some sort of magical portal <_<.

Craig
1st August 2003, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't open it, i'd kick it down!! Just cause im cool, ya know?

PNT510
1st August 2003, 11:37 PM
I'd open the door and then drop kick it in case monsters come out of it : (

Mikey
1st August 2003, 11:37 PM
I'd open it and put my right foot in, then pull it out. Then I'd put my left foot in and I'd shake it all about. Then I'd pull that foot out and do the hokie pokie and shut the door...:(

Katie
2nd August 2003, 12:13 AM
lol@mikey

I'd be like 'wtf there's a door just randomly here!!11' and open it. look. close. open. look. close. be on my merry way. :}

~Katie

Andrew
2nd August 2003, 12:57 AM
Depends on where this door is. If its in the city, no, might belong to someone, but if in a field, definately. :\

Cause I don't want to touch someone elses stuff and get sued.

But as for another dimension, I'd throw my rubbish, and sister in there and padlock it shut.

kainashi
2nd August 2003, 12:59 AM
i'd probably just open it, look inside, then close it and leave. *shrug*

Pichu
2nd August 2003, 02:39 AM
No, I'm not stupid... what if there are a highly contagious disease or other poisonous venom on the door that has immediate effect with touch? :rolleyes:

Pidgeot
2nd August 2003, 03:08 AM
I agree with OzAndrew. If its in the city, its probably some from of advertising, or it is somebody elses. If it is somewhere like in the middle of the road, in my house, in an abandoned field, it dosent belong to anyone, so Ill probably go an investigate.

I would then open it, and even though I probably shouldnt, I would walk straight through without thinking.

IMHO, THe only portal to other dimensions/universes are Black Holes :D

ILikePokemonP
2nd August 2003, 05:50 AM
I'd build a house around it. Save a couple of hundred dollars on a door, sell the house and let the new owners figure out what it does.

Adz44
2nd August 2003, 09:35 AM
I believe in alternate dimensions, but I doubt a free-standing door could take me to one. lol It would be cool, though...

If it was gateway to another dimension and I had a guarantee that I'd be able to come back to this one, I'd go through. There'd be no harm done.

Lady Vulpix
2nd August 2003, 10:30 AM
I'd open it out of curiosity. If there really is such door, it may not lead anywhere, but it would be a shame if it did and I missed it. :D

Cheesey
2nd August 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Katie
lol@mikey

I'd be like 'wtf there's a door just randomly here!!11' and open it. look. close. open. look. close. be on my merry way. :}

~Katie

Thats exactly what I would do :>