PDA

View Full Version : Openo Challengo! Comeo fighto meo!

Drade130
2nd August 2003, 12:11 PM
Lets see here

1 vs. 1
I choose first, u attack first.
Arena: Umm. A large sheet of ice. very thick. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. If its burned by fire attacks two dewgongs appear and blast an ice beam at the burner, then repair the ice. It's half a football field in size. If u fall off u lose about 20% damage, due to the horribly icy water. Then a Dewgong brings you back to the ice. Yep...

Ref: Please be active.

Ill choose my poke when i find an opponent.

Avian Freeze
3rd August 2003, 01:07 PM
I'll ref this battle, I need a job xP.

Drade130
4th August 2003, 04:50 PM
fight me pls...

Don't Run With Scizors
5th August 2003, 02:38 AM
Just in case you were wondering, "comeo fighto meo" doesn't even come close to Spanish (if that's what it was meant to be), so I figured I'd edit it.

On the plus side, perhaps the new title will attract more attention? ;)

The Muffin Man
5th August 2003, 11:00 AM
FACT - DRWS has a tendency to say things few people care about/get :p

FACT - I will battle you!

Drade130
7th August 2003, 10:50 AM
DRWS- I realized that :>

Ok TMM, I choose my ultra powerful umm, er, this thing. Xero, my new Starmie.

The Muffin Man
7th August 2003, 01:21 PM
You know, Ice Beam won't do much to a pure Fire-type..

Before I choose - Could a Pokemon like Lapras or Starmie go into the water, or would I have to stay on the ice float?

Drade130
7th August 2003, 03:11 PM
didnt think of that. prolly something adept at swimming like those u mentioned probably could.

The Muffin Man
7th August 2003, 09:30 PM
Hrmm...I'll use...Golduck, male!! His name...hm...o.o;; Quackers...Mr.Quackers Nathanial Cheese. Yes, his names Quackers N. Cheese.

I'll post attacks later ^^;;

EDIT - Ok, Attacks...Hrm...

Ok Golduck, first up, use Disable to keep Starmie from moving. Most of it's attacks require it to move SOMEHOW...Second, pick it up with Psychic and pull it towards you. If it doesn't resist too much, and you can get it close, use Rock Smash to crack, or even BREAK the core! If it resists to muce, use Amnesia to make it forget Thunder!

The Muffin Man
9th August 2003, 01:48 PM
Just bumping this to let ya know I posted my attacks o_o;;

Drade130
9th August 2003, 02:11 PM
Ok, this will be good.

Xero, use teleport and get behind the ducky, then use zap cannon right behind him! I shall call it Tele-cannon! Next use thunder wave to end off.

Tele-Cannon~Thunder Wave

Avian Freeze
11th August 2003, 12:53 AM
Teddiursa89 VS The Muffin Man!
Xero the Genderless Starmie VS Quackers N. Cheese the Male Golduck!
Arena: Umm. A large sheet of ice. very thick. In the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. If its burned by fire attacks two dewgongs appear and blast an ice beam at the burner, then repair the ice. It's half a football field in size. If u fall off u lose about 20% damage, due to the horribly icy water. Then a Dewgong brings you back to the ice. Yep...

Round 1

Pre-Battle Statistics
Quackers N. Cheese, Male Golduck
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 100% :: Status ~ Perfect condition
Disable ~ Psychic ~ Rock Smash/Amnesia

Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 100% :: Status ~ Ready for battle
Tele-Cannon ~ Thunder Wave

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The two battlers face one another, each smiling in determination and standing upon the huge iceberg which lies in the middle of the vast Atlantic Ocean. The first battler, Teddiursa89, sends the familiar colored red and white Poké Ball on to the field, revealing a majestic indigo Starmie with a glowing multihued gem core. Spinning its several arms, Xero waits eagerly to see its opponent. The Muffin Man then takes this cue and tosses his own Poké Ball on the ice and a human-like duck emerges from his residence, yapping “Gol-buck-buck!” I then wave my flag and signal the battle to begin!

Carrying out his trainer’s first order, Quackers eyes glow a lethal red, as he attempts to Disable the Starmie from moving. Though Xero attempts to Teleport, before it is able to vanish into thin air, it becomes trapped in the crimson prison which outlines its star-shaped body. The Starmie’s body immediately goes stiff, as it tries to break free of the telepathic hold.

Quackers grins and drags the Starmie towards himself with a strong Psychic grip, but Xero has other plans up its sleeve (erm…if it had one). Its gem swiftly flashes through the seven colors of the rainbow and a blast is heard as Xero releases a ball of electrical energy. It unsteadily speeds through the air and as it strikes the unsuspecting Golduck, the current surges through Quackers body and the duck Pokémon screams at the pain, feeling numbed and paralyzed from the attack.

The hold on the Starmie was released and Xero is free to move now, as he regains control and nears the Golduck, releasing sparks of erratic electricity to create a Thunder Wave. It hardly does any damage but it causes Quackers to go into an even worse case of paralysis. Quackers is unable to move due to the paralysis, and lies there, motionless.

It looks like this round didn’t go so well for Quackers, but a lot can still happen. The battle is young and there are several rounds remaining to cause the tables to turn. I wave my flag, calling the first round to a close.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post-Battle Statistics
Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 89% :: Status ~ Confident, happy at the outcome of the round

Life ~ 83% :: Energy ~ 93% :: Status ~ Paralyzed (3 more turns, 40% of being unable to attack), dazed

Arena
Still whole, water conducting a bit of the leftover electricity, ice floe is whole

Drade130
11th August 2003, 08:16 AM
Ice beam his feet to the ground! then use thunderbolt and finally psychic and throw him into the water!

Avian Freeze
16th August 2003, 12:48 PM
Apparently, there's no DQ time on this battle. Erm, TMM, where are you? o_O

Drade130
16th August 2003, 01:06 PM
ill give him 3 more days. i forgot to put a dq time

The Muffin Man
16th August 2003, 03:07 PM
I didn't know it was reffed o_o;;

First, leap into the air and use Light Screen to arc the Ice Beam back at him. Then, use Light Screen again, to arc the Thunderbolt away. If this hits the ice, Good! This'll burn the ice and it'll be STARMIE who gets Ice Beamed! Now, I want you to use Flash if your feet are free and Starmie tries to dunk you. This'll throw it off. If you're still frozen, just let it throw you in. This'll keep your muscles from spasming for the last round. Besides, you're aquatic, no ones gonna attack you, and Starmies just gonna tire itself out pulling you free of the ice at your feet, but be sure to try and Mimic Thunderbolt, and fire it back.

Light Screen to angle back Ice Beam - Light Screen to angle back Thunderbolt - Flash.

If feet frozen to ground - let it break you free of icem Mimic Thunderbolt.

Drade130
17th August 2003, 08:58 AM
dq time is now 1 week...i always forget.

Drade130
20th August 2003, 06:06 PM
*sneezes in the direction of Avian Freeze*

sowwy.

Avian Freeze
20th August 2003, 10:02 PM
Erm…yeah, sorry for how long this took o.o;;. I was getting some questions answered about some of the attacks.

Round 2

Pre-Battle Statistics
Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 89% :: Status ~ Confident, happy at the outcome of the round
Ice Beam ~ Thunderbolt ~ Psychic

Life ~ 83% :: Energy ~ 93% :: Status ~ Paralyzed (3 more turns, 40% of being unable to attack), dazed
Light Screen ~ Light Screen ~ Flash
Subs: If feet frozen to ground, be lifted up and then Mimic Thunderbolt

Arena
Still whole, water conducting a bit of the leftover electricity, ice floe is whole

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Apparently, the battle did not go so well for Quacker’s N. Cheese last round! As we look back, we see the Golduck paralyzed and a bit dazed as well, but there are still many opportunities for him to come back at his opponent, a ferocious Starmie! I wave the flag and the round begins!

Xero begins by immediately shooting a beam of icy frost at Quackers. The bright pure colored beam zooms towards the Golduck, The duck attempts to jump but his muscles suddenly spaz and he winces as he is unable to move while the bright beam collides with his sleek body. Quackers squawks as he slides across the ice floe, and unfortunately for Xero, the beam had missed the webbed feet of the Golduck. Quackers glares at Xero as a chill surges through his body.

Xero then sends a second ray, this time a jagged zigzag crackling stream of electricity. The Thunderbolt travels at the Golduck, who attempts to put up another Light Screen. This time, the defense is successful, and Quackers raises a barrier of golden yellow. The Thunderbolt hits the obstacle and is absorbed into the film of Light Screen, dissipating immediately.

Xero’s back arms spinning as its core glows a deadly crimson. A scarlet luminosity borders Quackers, but he quickly glares, causing a huge flash of white throughout the arena. Unfortunately, the attack doesn’t cause Xero to even flinch, because of the fact that Starmie don’t have eyes. The Golduck is tossed into the frigid water, where he cringes as another chill shoots through his body.

Quackers appears to still be ailing, and Xero has the upper hand. The duck Pokémon is wading in the cold water, his body getting colder at every moment. I wave my flag again and end the round.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post-Battle Statistics
Life ~ 67% :: Energy ~ 83% :: Status ~ Wading in water, freezing cold

Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 76% :: Status ~ Overconfident

Arena
Ice floe is whole

The Muffin Man goes first
Teddiursa89 goes second

Okay, Light Screen can’t reflect attacks, it only absorbs elemental attacks. Flash doesn’t affect Starmie because it doesn’t have eyes.

The Muffin Man
21st August 2003, 01:18 AM
Then how did Starmie hit it? Hmmm? Don't pull that "it's psychic" on me. It has a core, that's where it sees. Where ELSE would it see from? Besides, Golducks a latent psychic too, so it'd be damn-near impossible to easily lock onto it's mind. So go ahead, how does an eyeless, earless creature who can't psychically lock onto something know where to aim? Perhaps the core?

BTW - Golduck is unparalyzed. It's BEEN three turns. And how the hell does a Water-type get cold in the water?

I'm not posting attacks until this gets cleared up.

SneaselReborned
21st August 2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Then how did Starmie hit it? Hmmm? Don't pull that "it's psychic" on me. It has a core, that's where it sees. Where ELSE would it see from? Besides, Golducks a latent psychic too, so it'd be damn-near impossible to easily lock onto it's mind. So go ahead, how does an eyeless, earless creature who can't psychically lock onto something know where to aim? Perhaps the core?

BTW - Golduck is unparalyzed. It's BEEN three turns. And how the hell does a Water-type get cold in the water?

I'm not posting attacks until this gets cleared up.

Starmie uses psychic grasp to detect where to opponent is, much like a pokemon using, say, Foresight. No, it doesn't have eyes. That's a proven fact. Meh, just thought I'd say what I know XD.

BTW, Golduck's psychic powers are not as strong as Starmie's. Starmie uses them to see, of course they should be stronger. Golduck is normal, Starme has abnormal psychic powers.

Though that does raise the question: can Starmie aim attacks at Dark types? :o.

Avian Freeze
21st August 2003, 12:42 PM
Yes, Starmie doesn't have eyes, so it can't be blinded. Starmie uses its senses to attack. Just because Golduck is a Water type doesn't mean it can't get cold. Don't ducks get cold when its winter? That's why they migrate, the water isn't suitable for them, nor is the environment. I'll change the paralysis, that was a mistake >_<, but I didn't do the full 20% damage because Golduck is a water type. I thought it should only do 12% damage, but Golduck can still get cold in the water, it's not an ice type after all, and it doesn't have blubber, or much insulation. Besides, I had asked about the Flash being able to affect Starmie or not, and Charizard04621 told me no, for that reason which I stated.

The Muffin Man
23rd August 2003, 10:14 PM
coulda sworn I'd posted...Oh well.

Ok Golduck, use Strength to break the ice then get back on the glacier. If it tries any electric attacks when you leap out of the water, mimic them and send 'em right back! If it doesn't use any electric attacks, I want you to grab it for Seismic Cannon!(Seismic Toss + Point Blank Hyper Beam) Otherwise, just take aim, and charge and fire the Hyper Beam!

Strength - Mimic if electric attacks are used.
OR - If no electric attacks, Seismic Toss + Hyper Beam(point blank)
OR - If it's evading too much(or you're too far from it) Charge Hyper Beam for a turn then fire.

Drade130
24th August 2003, 09:50 AM
hurry and grab his throat with psychic before he can do anything. lift him up and squeeze at the same time. squeeze hard! Then drop him on his head and harden up! Finally use rapid spin straight into his face to stop the beam of hyperness.

Psychic~Harden~Rapid Spin

The Muffin Man
24th August 2003, 03:25 PM
o_O; do you know how much fatigue it's gonna burn to aim a wide-grip to a tiny little grip, and then in one small spot? Heh...

Drade130
24th August 2003, 03:28 PM
thats more on the ref's shoulders. i did a move once where i grabbed a vein in the brain and squeezed, and i twisted syb's tauro's leg once.

Avian Freeze
28th August 2003, 11:34 PM
Sorry for taking a long time again :\. I’ve been really busy lately and I’ll probably get busier so my reffings will happen less often >>.

Round 3

Post-Battle Statistics
Life ~ 67% :: Energy ~ 83% :: Status ~ Wading in water, freezing cold
Strength ~ Seismic Toss ~ Hyper Beam
Subs:
- Mimic if any electric attacks used
- If evading too much, charge for one turn and then release Hyper Beam

Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 100% :: Energy ~ 76% :: Status ~ Overconfident
Psychic ~ Harden ~ Rapid Spin

Arena
Ice floe is whole

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Quackers continues to lag behind and suffering from the cold of the water, faces off with Xero, who is overconfident at its abilities to battle the Golduck. Xero’s back spikes twirl as its core gleams with pride, while Quackers shivers, glaring at Xero from the frigid Atlantic Ocean. I wave my flag and call the round to begin!

Quackers immediately uses a Strength, attempting to break the ice surrounding him. As he quickly hops on to the ice, Xero quickly grips the Golduck by the throat as he struggles for air, attempting to breathe. He kicks his feet around, gripping his throat as if invisible hands were clutching his neck, while the Starmie levitates him in midair. Xero racks his brain to execute the attack and his core begins to glimmer intensely, rapidly sending shrill waves of a “bling” sound throughout the arena. Unable to complete the rest of the action, he instantaneously drops the duck Pok&eacute;mon, who gasps for air.

Quackers glowers intensely at the Starmie and dashes at it, picking up the star-shaped creature in his webbed hands. Xero quickly glows a pure white color, hardening its already sturdy exoskeleton. The Golduck spins around the Starmie, who focuses its tough extra shell, and within a matter of seconds, Quackers chucks Xero straight across the ice floe, causing little damage, but breaking through the hard shell! The Starmie slides across the ground as Xero quickly releases a radiant yellow beam, hitting the Starmie just to the left of the core as it flies at Quackers with a Rapid Spin, attempting to halt the vehement ray. Xero glides across the snow, slowly coming to a stop as near the edge of the large floe. It gets up slowly, dazed from the events and exhausted from the ordeal.

Quackers was able to gain the upper hand for this round, and Xero has been tired out as well, still dizzy from the Seismic Cannon. I wave my flag and call the round to an end!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post-Battle Statistics
Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 83% :: Energy ~ 57% :: Status ~ Dazed, confidence plummeted, exhausted

Life ~ 64% :: Energy ~ 64% :: Status ~ Happy at outcome, somewhat tired

Arena
Ice floe is whole

Teddiursa89 goes first
The Muffin Man goes second

Drade130
31st August 2003, 06:27 PM
LOL thought TMM went first.

Xero...this is an important round for us. First, quickly and i mean quick Xero, Thunder into the water! He'll be a fried duck! Then i want you to harden again, so u r nice and hard. Finally, depending on whether he's still in the water or not, use a hard take down. If he's in the water, use psychic to pull him out and slam him into the ice. If u can see him for some reason, lik h went deper in the water, use another thunder..

Drade130
31st August 2003, 06:29 PM
in my previous post, i meant if he can't see him, use thunder. didnt want to edit.

The Muffin Man
31st August 2003, 07:45 PM
Alright Quackers, since you're not IN the water, let him blast the water with Thunder, and Mimic it, and turn it back! Next, when he goes to Harden, Psyche Up the tougher shell. Finally, since he'll be going for a Take Down, Counter it!

Drade130
31st August 2003, 07:47 PM
omg i forgot. Im the stupidest person EVER! I thought he was stil in. *cuts off his left foot*

Avian Freeze
4th September 2003, 12:08 AM
Round 4

Post-Battle Statistics
Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 83% :: Energy ~ 57% :: Status ~ Dazed, confidence plummeted, exhausted
Thunder ~ Harden ~ Take Down

Life ~ 64% :: Energy ~ 64% :: Status ~ Happy at outcome, somewhat tired
Mimic ~ Psyche Up ~ Counter

Arena
Ice floe is whole

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Both trainers issue their orders, breathing heavily, clouds of cold breath appearing from their mouths. Both Pok&eacute;mon stare fixedly at one another as well, eager to begin the round. I wave my flag and Round 4 begins!

Xero begins immediately by using a Thunder, aimed at the water. A surge of electricity flows through its body and comes out the core, arcing over into the frigid water. The rush of voltage rattles throughout the ocean while Quackers inspects the move intently, storing the information in the back of his mind. Suddenly, a loud moan wavers throughout the arena. As the echo dies out, a majestic figure leaps out of the ocean, so grand, its tail could have been mistaken for a mermaid’s. The Dewgong, angered by the electricity, blasts an Ice Beam in a straight line through the arena, assaulting both Pok&eacute;mon in its path. Despite their attempts to dive out of the way, both Xero and Quackers are struck by the freezing ray and scream in pain. Done with its revenge, the manatee dives back into the depths of its home. Both Pok&eacute;mon come conscious again and Quackers immediately fires a Thunder out of the ruby gemstone on its forehead, grazing one of the Starmie’s arms! Xero twitches as the current flows through his body and jolts, hopping from the ground.

Xero then takes on a defensive role and decides instead to Harden up its outer shell. Its protective layer shines a beautiful flawless white color and a firm new film of skin encases the former crust. Quackers just smirks and uses a Psyche Up, probing into his opponent’s mind and replicates the Starmie’s state of mind. A fresh coat of cerulean feathers, more durable than his previous replaces Quackers’ old layer, and with a stronger defense, the Golduck is set for battle.

The Starmie then charges at Quackers, attempting to knock the kappa into the chilly brine. However, the Golduck prepares for it, raising his arms in a defensive position, ready to Counter the Starmie’s Take Down. As Xero flings itself on to the Golduck, lashing away at the Golduck, Quackers bears the pain for a while, and then grabs the Starmie in his arms, sending back the power, hurling Xero across the slippery ice and causing the extra shell to slightly crack.

As I wave my flag to end the round, Quackers appears to have gotten the upper hand. However, the appearance of the Dewgong could have been hazardous to both, and the trainers must be aware not to disturb the usually docile creature once more.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post-Battle Statistics
Life ~ 56% :: Energy ~ 51% :: Status ~ Glad at the outcome of the round again, more durable feathers

Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 54% :: Energy ~ 40% :: Status ~ Extra shell cracked, disappointed

Arena
Ice floe is whole, Dewgong are calm

The Muffin Man goes first
Teddiursa89 goes second

The Muffin Man
4th September 2003, 09:12 PM
Alright Golduck, get in close for a Fury Swipes attack! Second, Rock Smash the core!! Finally, lift it with Psychic hurl it into the ice behind it.

If at any time it attempts an Electric attack, Mimic it!

Drade130
6th September 2003, 09:53 AM
teleport to the other side of the ice, away from the swipes. Then use take down and put him in the water. Finally use rapid spin when hes in the water.

teleport~take down~rapid spin

Avian Freeze
7th September 2003, 05:01 PM
Round 5

Pre-Battle Statistics
Life ~ 56% :: Energy ~ 51% :: Status ~ Glad at the outcome of the round again, more durable feathers
Fury Swipes ~ Rock Smash ~ Psychic
Subs: Any Electric attacks, use Mimic

Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 54% :: Energy ~ 40% :: Status ~ Extra shell cracked, disappointed
Teleport ~ Take Down ~ Rapid Spin

Arena
Ice floe is whole, Dewgong are calm

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We appear to be about halfway through the battle, and it seems the tables have turned. Xero, overconfident in the first few rounds, not to mention prevalent, has been knocked down, his confidence plummeted, while Quackers’ self-assurance has skyrocketed! Let’s see how this round will turn out, and with that statement, I wave the flag and start the round!

Quackers immediately tries to jump at Xero, sharpening his claws and strikes furiously at the frigid air, coming at Xero. However, the star-shaped Pok&eacute;mon is too quick for the Golduck and Teleports away, leaving the duck Pok&eacute;mon to swipe at the fresh air. Quackers comes slowly to a stop, peering left and right to see where Xero may have gone.

The Starmie’s core shimmers a prism of colors and it rushes at Quackers, Taking him Down when he least expects it. The Golduck falls face forward into the freezing sea and shivers, but sees the Starmie completely helpless on the ice floe. He attempts to use a Rock Smash, ready to crush the nucleus of the mauve Pok&eacute;mon. However, Xero quickly gets up and prepares to spin rapidly.

Quackers submerges briefly into the water as the Starmie begins to soar swiftly at its nemesis and Golduck’s eyes suddenly glow an evil crimson. He uses his mind to send Xero backwards while the star attempts to keep flying at Quackers. Quackers strains his mind and eventually sends his enemy back to the ice floe, slamming it into the ground. Xero’s core flickers slowly, making the familiar “bling” sound.

It seems Golduck is once again freezing in the water while Xero is suffering on the ice. The wind howls past through the Atlantic Ocean and the sea around unhurriedly splashes against the floe. I wave my flag and bring the round to an end!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post-Battle Statistics
Xero, Genderless Starmie
Life ~ 50% :: Energy ~ 29% :: Status ~ Core blinking from fatigue

Quackers N. Cheese
Life ~ 42% :: Energy ~ 39% :: Status ~ Brain hurts a bit, cold in the water but more used to it now, feathers kind of worn

Arena
Ice floe still whole, Dewgong calm

Teddiursa89 goes first
The Muffin Man goes second

Drade130
13th September 2003, 12:48 PM
first i want u to take a break. But if Quakers comes at u, use rapid spin to blow him away.

Break/Rapid Spin~Break/Rapid Spin~Break/ Rapid Spin

The Muffin Man
15th September 2003, 05:48 PM
Ok Golduck, depending on where you are, Charge Hyper Beam for 2 turns and fire on the third! If you can't get a clear shot, use Psychic to lift yourself back onto the flow but keep away from Starmie, then take aim and charge for one round, and FIRE!! Starmie was given STRICT orders to ONLY use Rapid Spin if YOU APPROACHED...not if an attack hit it!

Charge - Charge - Hyper Beam
If unable to hit - lift self onto flow with Psychic.

Drade130
21st September 2003, 12:23 PM
ref? i hve a feelg this is one of the last rounds so u could ref it...

Avian Freeze
21st September 2003, 05:15 PM
Okay, I'm really sorry, my school has been giving me tons of homework >_<. Could someone possibly sub-ref this battle? x_X. I'm really sorry for leaving this match but school's been bearing down on me a lot. :\