PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Pens, Pencils, stores, and more. XP

Angel Blossom
3rd August 2003, 05:10 PM
Seeing that there aren't many polls in PCG anymore, I've decided to post a few. Polls are fun to reply to, so we should make more. ^^;

And if you were wondering where I got the ideas for these polls.. I thought of the first two randomly. XD Well, when I was in Yosemite, I was thinking of the third Poll, since I was tempted to go rock climbing. But I can't.. I'm a chicken, and I'm too young. @_@ Oh, and I got the idea for the fourth Poll while watching a Horror movie which wasn't scary at all, lol.

Anyway, onto the polls. ^^

1) Which do you prefer - pens or pencils? Why?

2) What is your favorite department store? Your least favorite? Why?

3) If you could do anything without facing the consequences (ie: jumping off a cliff and survive), what would you do and why?

4) Do you think Horror genre films are getting better or worse?

Remember to put some thought into your replies, guys. ^.^

Well, here are my answers!

1) I prefer pencils. Well, they aren't as neat as pens, but they are a lot more convenient. If you make a mistake, you can erase it. Pens, however, need that nasty white-out to get rid of mistakes. Besides, it's easier to draw with pencils, too. ^^'

2) My favorite department stores are Macy's, Nordstrom, and Bloomingdales. I like Macy's because there's a lot of nice clothes there, and I can find some nice make up and accesories there. Same with Nordstrom, even though Nordstrom is a little more expensive. Bloomingdales is pretty cool because they have really nice clothes, make up, etc. It's neater and fancier than Macy's or Nordstrom, too, lol. I also love Nieman Marcus, even though you have to be a bajillionaire to be able to buy the stuff there. I saw PRADA shoes there that went for $500 and up. Alligator boots are $1500. @_@ My least favorites are JC Penny's, Sears, and Mervyn's. Oh, the cheapness.. (no offense x.x)

3) I'd like to be able to fly a plane and never crash. Why? I don't know, it seems quite exhilirating? XD I'd also steal a black Lamborghini Murcielago, and a Ferrari 360 Spider, since they're the most awesome cars around... :O

4) I don't think it's getting worse, but horror films are not what they used to be. I think the only scary horror films are the classics - Dracula, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. Now, those were really scary movies. The new horror films aren't too scary. They all have the same story. One exception is The Ring. It did scare me a little bit. ^^;

I hope you guys liked the polls! ^.^

EDIT: Sam, I'm not rich.. =P

Crystal Mew
3rd August 2003, 05:28 PM
~*1. Iprefer pens...because I like that they can be different colors and stuff, and pencils you have to sharpen every 5 seconds :) unless you get mechanical, but pens > mechanical pencils.

~*2. department store? does Wal*Mart fall into this catergory? =D then I like wal mart...just cause it is so cheap, and I can go buy clothes for $15..or buy a shirt thats $3 :o if not, Ilike all those 'cheap' stores like mervyns and jc pennys :o sheeze Kris, you must be rich if you think those arte 'cheap' stores x_x;
my least- hmm I dunno :o I don't like Sears too much...

~*3. I would steal a Mustang 8) oh...erm..I mean, I would skydive =>

~*4. I think they're getting better :o holy crap The Ring scared the beejeebees out of me XD

Andrew
3rd August 2003, 05:34 PM
1) Pens all the way, I haven't used a pencil to write since I was 12. 'Sides Pens are much cooler.

2) Myers is my fav. Course there isn't a lot to choose from here...

3) I'd illegally withdraw a billion dollars. :D Good idea, right?

4) I'd say that the quality of special effects in horror films are getting better. Sole Survivors is Crap. The Ring Rocks. Children on the Corn 2 is very creepy. Scream Trillogy has a few edgy moments. Some are good some are bad. You can't judge a whole genre so offhandedly.

lol.

en0miz
3rd August 2003, 05:35 PM
Pens - for writing, drawing, etc. :) I know it's much more neater to use a pencil for drawing and whatnot, but I sitll perfer pens more. *shrug* I love blue ink pens... gel pens are cool too, but the ink runs out too quickly.

I don't really have a favorite... the clothes are usually too expensive and don't have a wide selection of "urban apparel" that I like to wear. :> I usually shop at local stores like Jimmy Jazz, Dr. Jays, etc.

3) If you could do anything without facing the consequences (ie: jumping off a cliff and survive), what would you do and why?
I don't know. Perhaps fly a plane like Kris said. :>

I hate horror films. Call me a wimp but I don't see the point in watching a flick just to get scared out of your mind. :no:

Adz44
3rd August 2003, 05:41 PM
1. I'd say pens. Yes, you can't rub out pen, but it looks better than writing in pencil(not that I write much with my hand lol). I also have little patience when colouring in, so pens win again there.

2. I don't shop at 'department stores'. Infact, I only really shop at a games store called Summit Games (which is one of a kind) and Ebay.

3. I don't know...stick my hand into an electrical socket and pretend to be Raiden all day? lol

4. I think horror films are doing alright. I'm also pleased that British horror is beginning to pick up as well. I think Dog Soldiers is great. Haven't seen 28 Days Later yet, though.

Cheesey
3rd August 2003, 06:03 PM
1. Pencils, because I keep making mistakes o_x And I have stories about pens. Ah, how i loved being drawn on with shiny glittery green pens >>;

2. I don't go to deparment stores, so I can't really answer that ._.

3. Money money money o.0 Andy read my mind...

4. I don't really watch horror, but from what I've heard they're getting better . .;;;

Kireihana52
3rd August 2003, 06:03 PM
1) Pens. The only problem I have with them, is that they can be messy if you write a lot like I do. My hands are usually covered with ink, and so is the mouse of the computer. XD I've gotten too used to pens to write with pencils, but I do like my graphite pencils for sketching. ^_^

2) I just get my stuff at eBay, Wallmart, Ross, or other various cheap local stores. I like my 99 cent lipstick, $5.00 hair dye, $2.00 jewelry sets, and $7.00 shirts. XD 'Tis fun to be cheap, you can get a lot more junk that way. :)

3) I'd go steal a boat and wreck it. Just seems like fun to me. :D

4) I dunno. I don't watch movies, except for the dumb little movies I liked when I was 5, for nostalgic reasons. I think I would like horror movies though, cause I like stuff like that.

~Bethany

Katie
3rd August 2003, 07:53 PM
1. Which do you prefer - pens or pencils? Why?
pencils. with pens the ink always... 'skips out' as someone called it once, like it works for a bit then it doesn't, does, etc. and it leaves little gaps in random places on letters and... blah I'm not making sense, pencils have a constant source of writing stuff, k? :D

2. What is your favorite department store? Your least favorite? Why?
I hate shopping, period. so favorite: none. least favorite: all.

3. If you could do anything without facing the consequences (ie: jumping off a cliff and survive), what would you do and why?
ooo... lol I know it sounds dumb but I'd swim around the ocean, see all the fishies.... without drowning. mwah. I've always loved the ocean, I'm just weird like that :)

4. Do you think Horror genre films are getting better or worse?
the only ones that I've ever seen that could be considered 'scary' were the sixth sense and the ring :/ I've never been a scary movie person. so I can't really answer this question.

~Katie

UmbreonCurse
3rd August 2003, 08:06 PM
1) Pens, they don't wear down, you dobn't have to sharpen them, and if they flow well, they make nice drawing tools.

2) Probably Target...that was the stor I went to the most...I guess I more comfortable there. Kmart's good too. I don't have a least favorite...

3) Go and mouth off to every person that....I wanted to chew out....that or jump off the grand canyon...

4) Depends. If you mean "slasher movies" like "Scream" and such, then no. They were never good (except for maybe the first "Nightmare on Elm Street and Jason movies) If you mean psycological and suspenceful horror (which is more like The Shining, the Ring, 6th Sence, etc.) then it's sorta....meh. There haven't been enough to really judge.

Hexae
3rd August 2003, 08:45 PM
Pencils.. they are easier to erase, and you can get coloured ones that erase now. :D *has some* Mechanical ones.. though.

Wal-Mart, because of the video game section, yay.

Rob a bank or steal a Viper. :} I love Vipers, that's why. *pokes AIM screen name*

Better.. they are even more funny now.. XD

Dr_Omicron
3rd August 2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Angel Blossom

1. Definitely pens. I would prefer pencils, but they simply don't show up well on the computer. Unless I'm doing something wrong. Am I?

2. I don't go to department stores that often, and when I do, it's because whoever I'm going shopping with is there. Unless Wal•Mart is a department store. Then it's definitely Wal•Mart. All the opthers are probably my least favorite, since I hate buying clothes.

3. I would get a helmet that can create and destroy matter simply by thinking about it. The consequences will be catastrophic, but I won't have to face them, right?

4. I don't watch very many hrror films. At least not in the theater. It's action and comedy all the way! Good mindless fun!

Avian Freeze
3rd August 2003, 09:30 PM

Um...pencils. When you write and stuff you can erase, with pens I make a mess by crossing out and stuff. But I don't like smudges and stuff which sometimes form with pencils x_x, though pens do the same too.

I hate shopping, so I don't have one, but if I had to choose, probably K-Mart.

Um...I really dunno. I'm bad at stuff like this :o.

I hate horror movies, not because of the movie itself but of the thoughts they leave in my mind. They also kind of bore me and have too much suspense. I get paranoid and stuff from the afterthoughts :O. I saw "The Ring" which was okay, kind of a weird film. I prefer hearty comedy films ^_^.

Blinky121
3rd August 2003, 11:26 PM
1. Neither. I hate writing stuff. I get hand cramps too easily. ::sits in corner holding his hand, crying:: either way, they both smudge way too easily.

2. I'm not what you would call, "the shopping type" AKA "a woman"

3. I'd shoot myself in the head, take the bullet and show people it. It say, "Yep, this bullet was inside my head at one point". I'd like to see people's reactions. Actually, they most likely wouldn't believe me...

4. There aren't as many horror films out now then they're was before. Lately, we've had The Ring and 28 Days Later. I've seen the Ring, and it was better than most horror films. It had a surprisingly good storyline. As for 28 Days Later, I have yet to see it...

Darkmaster Kagemusha
3rd August 2003, 11:34 PM
--Pencils, unless the pen is blue :P

--.......uhhhh...

--Well it's a tie between getting into a big gunfight with someone (who wouldn't face the consequences either) and jumping out of a plane without a parachute.

--Well, I don't really watch Horror, so I dunno.

Mikey
4th August 2003, 12:01 AM

1. Pencils. They are easier to write with and pens leak, sometimes in my mouth turning it black and making me mad! :mad:

2. Uhhh... I don't like dept. stores

3.Go over Niagra Falls in a barrel because it looks fun...WEEEEE!!!

4. Nah, they are still the same. I was always a big horror buff, but besides the Halloween series, I don't like the old horror films. The Scream Trilogy was the greatest, Resident Evil owned, and most of the current films are good.
:yes:

ILikePokemonP
4th August 2003, 01:03 AM

I don't like pencils because sharpening takes a lot of effort. Also with the cheapo pencils the end keeps breaking so you have to sharpen until you have 1cm of it left.

Big W lol. They seem to have cheaper stuff than other department stores. All the other ones are fine.

Grow 200 times bigger and stomp on everything.

Not really my area so I can't comment.

mr_pikachu
4th August 2003, 02:04 AM
1. Pencils. I've had pens explode when I've chewed on them, plus I make all sorts of mistakes writing.

2. Err, I don't exactly shop much...

3. I'd go into outer space and walk on the moon. I've always wanted to do that, but I'm terribly afraid of heights. :(

4. Well, everyone says they're getting worse, but you can't really judge an entire genre. A lot of the topics have changed over the vast period of moviemaking, for one thing. And it's hard to judge a single movie alone. I mean, I've seen great movies that I hate because they have terrible endings. :P So, yeah...