PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Knights of the old republic. Help

Swinubman53
3rd August 2003, 05:35 PM
A-hem. I'm going to get right to the point

I was playing the game normally, when I decided to try out this funny little cheat. you plug a controller into slot number 4, and then press the white or black button to make your peoples voices higher or lower. I wasn't going to save after doing, so it wouldn't lock in, so I used it. After using it a couple times, I switched to another character to hear them, and when they said "yes?" it sounded the same. so I just continued with the game thinking I did something wrong and didn't do it. so later I saved after doing something, and then talked to Bastilla. She sounded like a chipmunk! I made her voice really high by pressing buttons, it's just that you could only hear it by actually talking to them. I realized I had saved after doing it, so I tried to get everyones voices back to normal by pressing the black button and the white buttons a bunch of times, but that didn't work. now if I press thw white button it makes their voices high, but if i press the black button it makes it slow motion like.

If there is any way to reverse this or something, please tell me. I don't think I can bear to play the game any further with everyone talking like this.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

PNT510
3rd August 2003, 07:04 PM
I found this on Bioware.com it has all the information you need:

Use controller port 1, 2, or 3 for your primary controller, and have a second controller plugged into port 4. During game play, press the black or white button on the second controller.

Pressing white will speed up all voices in the game, and raise their pitch. This makes the voices sound like the characters have inhaled helium. Black will slow down the voices in the game. This can be reset by pressing the B button, and will automatically be reset the next time you power up the Xbox.

Swinubman53
3rd August 2003, 07:15 PM
hey thanks man. I didn't think of looking there. I wasn't going to play the game for like a week cuz I was upset.

Oh and anyone else can use this topic for other help problems or strategy for this game.

tron
3rd August 2003, 07:54 PM
To keep the topic going, I might as well ask what character class is everyone? I'm playing through again with an evil female scoundrel/consular.

Swinubman53
5th August 2003, 11:08 AM
I'm on my first playthrough but I'm close to beating it.

I'm a male Light-Side Soldier-Guardian. His name's Falcon.

Heheh, my brother is an ultimate sith. he got the special Ultimate screen and everything. He has a male Scout-Guardian, Named "The Seige". it's pretty cool.

If I had any kind of working camera or something, I would Try to take a picture of them to show off or something. meh.

Outlaw JT
5th August 2003, 04:25 PM
I have an ultimate light side male scout/sentinnel(pillar of light baby) that I've beaten the game with and I am working on a male soldier/consular dark character. I can't seem to get the ultimate screen to kick in for my darkside character even though the arrow is all the way at the bottom of the scale. I must say it is awesome having the best of both worlds going soldier/consular. Awesome force power in addition to being a true bad@SS with dual lightsabers. It just doesn't get any better than toasting the six dark jedi surrounding my lone Sith Lord to be before laying the smack down on them with my dual red lightsabers. And yes I said lone. On normal I can take him just about anywhere by himself so far and still kick major @$$.

PNT510
6th August 2003, 01:55 AM
I first played the game with a light Soldier-Guardian, now I am playing with a dark Scoundrel-Consular.

I think I'm gonna be a Scoundrel-Sentinal next time.

Swinubman53
6th August 2003, 03:03 PM
Big news! (not really) Falcon became an ultimate light! he is SO cool

Oh and outlaw, you probably can't get your guy to ultimate dark because you probably got a light side point somewhere in the course of the game without noticing it. You can only get the ultimate screens if you got only one type of point: Light or Dark.

When I beat the game, I'm probably going to start another one with a Dark character. (it's too hard being light :P )

tron
7th August 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Swinubman53
Oh and outlaw, you probably can't get your guy to ultimate dark because you probably got a light side point somewhere in the course of the game without noticing it. You can only get the ultimate screens if you got only one type of point: Light or Dark.

My Dark Side Jedi has the ultimate screen and she's gained many light side points across the way. Also, my former Jedi, who was on the Light Side gained many dark points (I couldn't resist having everyone kill each other in the Sandral-Matale fued) and was still able to achieve the pillar of light.

Outlaw JT: You probably have the ultimate dark screen you just don't notice it because it's not obvious like the pillar of light that Light Jedi get, just black and red clouds.

Swinubman53
8th August 2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by tron
My Dark Side Jedi has the ultimate screen and she's gained many light side points across the way. Also, my former Jedi, who was on the Light Side gained many dark points (I couldn't resist having everyone kill each other in the Sandral-Matale fued) and was still able to achieve the pillar of light.

Stupid primas strategy guide! Peice of Sh-A'hem! "Poo" Peice of "Poo"

tron
8th August 2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Swinubman53
Stupid primas strategy guide! Peice of Sh-A'hem! "Poo" Peice of "Poo"

Bantha Poo-doo.