PDA

View Full Version : And the critics agree!

Dr_Omicron
4th August 2003, 03:07 AM
Now don't get me wrong--I loved the Pokémon movies. Well, the first three...but as I said, the critics agree...with ME! The third movie is the best! According to Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com), here are the percentages of critics who liked the movies:

Pokémon: The First Movie-10%
Pokémon the Movie 2000-12%
Pokémon the Movie 3-21%
Pokémon 4Ever-15%
Pokémon Heroes-18%
(and on a related matter, Digimon the Movie got 20%.)

Personally, I thought the third movie was spectacular, but this was something had to get off my chest. Of course, movie critics have always had a bias against movies based on shows aimed at children. After all, Barney the Movie got a perfect 0%, and South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut got 83%.

Shuppet Master
4th August 2003, 03:36 AM
I like each movie as I see it,and the fifth movie was quite an interesting movie. But I digress...did you check ALL the kid-movie reviews,like the Spy Kids series? I'm sure you might find that some kid movies get a better rating than others.

A movie with the purple dino in it...shudder...that isn't worth a rating,and the only reason anyone would see it is because their kids have been seduced by the big purple T-Rex mockery. But Pokemon,which is well-liked by all ages,is a lot better.

Misty
4th August 2003, 07:37 AM
why do i question the target of this survey? oh yeah, the fact that 83% liked south park ;/

Mikey
4th August 2003, 10:46 AM
Uh, South Park BLU is one of my all time favorites. I know it by heart and such so it would be best not to insult it. Lots of people like it. Anyways, I thought the 2nd movie was the best. It was the most well put together, original storyline, songs were superb, etc. The third movie was good, but they didn't get any big name singers for the CD, it wasn't as big as a hype, and the storyline was so so. It's my 2nd favoirte movie after 2000.

Potato Dude
4th August 2003, 11:27 AM
To each his own, I guess...I rather dislike the Spy Kids series. They say "delightfully cheesy." How is cheesy delightful?

Nikku-San
4th August 2003, 06:53 PM
To me, a critic's oppinion doesn't mean shiz. Who gives a damn about their biased oppinion. Face it, critics have never liked Pokemon. For one, it's animated and not by Disney. Secondly, it's different, which in their oppinion is bad. And third strrike is, it's Japanese. As I've heard people say to me before "Why do you watch that chink crap?

Ignore them, critics are blow-hards who couldn't handle any other job because they are too oppinionated.

Dr_Omicron
5th August 2003, 05:03 AM
Well, to fulfill that request, here's what critics think of the three Spy Kids movies:

Spy Kids-93%
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams-75%
Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over-42%

And for kicks, the Pixar movies:

Toy Story-100%
A Bug's Life-91% (Pixar must've been disappointed by such a low score)
Toy Story 2-100%
Monsters, Inc.-94%
Finding Nemo-99%

And now for some Dreamworks:

Shrek-88%
Chicken Run-98%
The Prince of Egypt-79%
Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas-47%
Ice Age-76%

Disney Disgraces:

Doug's First Movie-19%
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True-0%
Return to Never Land-47%
The Jungle Book 2-21%
Recess: School's Out-59%
Hunchback of Notre Dame II-14%
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure-40%
Atlantis: The Lost Empire-49%

The Rugrats Trilogy:

The Rugrats Movie-43%
Rugrats in Paris-72%
Rugrats Go Wild-39% (how was this PG?)

And a few other surprises:

Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie-67%
Hey Arnold! The Movie-28%

(and for kicks, the Super Mario Bros. movie also got a perfect zero.)

EmpressMyuu
5th August 2003, 11:09 PM
The only reason critics don't give a flip about our beloved Pokémon movies is because, obviously, they think that it's only for kids. Adults, even though I know that some visit these boards, are trapped in their own little world, where their number one diet is coffee, their favorite thing to do is scoff at what we like, and when they know we like Pokémon, sometimes they may even compare our maturity to someone else: "Why can't you be more like your sister/brother?" may be one of the phrases you might hear. They don't realize how Pokémon really does appeal to more mature audiences. In all sense of things though, it's more likely to find a kid watching Pokémon while a slightly older person may be playing Pokémon.

That being said, if more kids obviously watch the Pokémon movies, then why don't they let them rate it. Then maybe Pokémon's popularity will rise once again, and you'll manage to find a lot more Pokéfanatics at school.

Mikey
5th August 2003, 11:31 PM
Bah, people actually liked Chiken Run? It was the stupidest movie I ever sat down to watch.;o

PKMN Master
7th August 2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr_Omicron
Finding Nemo-99%

That's what happens when you kill the mom and his 400+ little brothers and sisters ;.; I'm still shocked ;.;

Disney Disgraces:

Doug's First Movie-19%
Cinderella II: Dreams Come True-0%
Return to Never Land-47%
The Jungle Book 2-21%
Recess: School's Out-59%
Hunchback of Notre Dame II-14%
Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure-40%
Atlantis: The Lost Empire-49%

*Falls on to the floor laughing*

Ohh well, as for the PKMN movies... could I be the only one that really didn't like the 3rd movie that much? I felt really bad for the girl...

but the one I love is mewtwo returns... it's such a deep, emotional story (counting the short film on the origin of mew2... and leaving aside Team Rocket, namely Jessie, James & Meowth's stupidity) and the final... omg... *grabs DVD and runs to play it again*

;.;

Hanada Tattsu
10th August 2003, 05:17 PM
I can't believe they gave Finding Nemo 99%. I mean, it was a cute film and all, I loved it personally, but it wasn't THAT terribly good.

Giving Pokemon movies 21% is said, but that's life, I guess.