PDA

View Full Version : TSOE - The Song of Winds

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
4th August 2003, 05:31 PM
Hello Fanfic Board... It's been so long since I've been here x.x

BUT, I am ready to show TPM my fanfic again, and see if anyone's willing to read it.

It's called The Songs of Eternity, and this is Book 1, The Song of Winds. (I REALLY like the words 'The' and 'Song' ^^)

Yeah.. I wrote this a while ago, and I'm almost finished with the first book... I've just sorta lost inspiration for writing the other books, but hopefully that will change ^^

Neeways, here's the prologue, which now that I read through it.... Uh, don't ask =^^=

--------------

The Song's of Eternity - Part I - The Song of Winds

The small iron bullet was rushing towards Lugia's head in reality, but in his mind he saw the metal slowly creep toward him-- almost not moving at all. He looked past the bullet to see the man who had shot it. A bright crimson 'R' burned memories into his mind, awful memories at that. He could hear a scream... A screeching sound from the bullet... A different scream also met his ears. It was the loud barking of Suicune... Lugia's one and only love. As his fate drew nearer, his lifetime memories broke out of his control-- his control was chain that he was able to keep strong for hundreds of years......

~ "Repeat after me.... 'Aaa, oooee iiooa nnanaaaa.'" Lugia's mother took his small wing in hers, gracefully creating a dance, a dance to go with a crucial song to Lugia's life. The beautiful notes that echoed from his mother's voice were the sad-tuned notes to the Song of Winds. This song was heard rarely by any Pokemon. No human had ever heard of it, so naturally they didn't know that it existed. Lugia knew though, even at youth, that the Song of Winds was used to keep all of nature's weather at peace. When the sad echoes of the song's birthplace faded from the mountains..... oceans.... prairies of the world, disaster struck... Typhoons, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes... They rarely happened at once, but they did almost every hundred years. Lugia had never witnessed this happen, so his knowledge would have to grow before he could be trusted with the melody.

"I'm gonna learn this song so well, I'll be able to out sing you in it!" Lugia triumphantly told his mum, the bright rouge sunset reflecting happiness into his eyes. His mother laughed at his growing ego... She had always taken joy when he told her things like this, it almost made her forget her coming death... Her eyes saddened as she watched the first star appear in the fading sunlight. Bright amber clouds streaked the twilight, but they soon faded to a drab grey. An eerie glow shot out from the mountains as the moon rose. It was breath taking.

"Keep patiently learning, my child. It is time for mommy to go to sleep, as you can see from the moonlight." She took a last glance at Lugia before raising her magnificent wings and gracefully diving into the darkened ocean below. Lugia watched her shadow slowly merge with the calm water. His eyes met with the moon once more.. He stared at the beautiful silver light as it reflected deep into his mind..... ~

Lugia turned to look at the bright moonlight. It looked the same as the moon did on that night, but this moon was different. It gave him a menacing laugh as it watched him die. It slowly took in his thoughts, and his denial. Blinking away, Lugia thought more of the song he had learned on that day. He remembered it well. He knew that in his life he would never forget it, because it was they key to the nature of the world. After his mother passed away, he was the only holder of the key. She knew that she was going away soon, so she rushed in teaching him the song, and the natural balance of singing it was almost lost.

He finally noticed the bullet, inches from his head, still crawling, but slower now. He knew what it meant. He was to let his mind release another memory into his eyes. The bullet slowly faded away from view.....

~ Lugia looked down at Suicune's hunched figure. She was trying to hide something important, but the constant drops on the sand hid nothing. Lugia knew that Suicune brought him there to tell him something that she knew wasn't true. They both knew that it wasn't true. Lugia took his wing and gently wiped a tear from her eye, bringing her face up to look at him.

"Lugia…" her voice was a hoarse whisper, so sad, yet still the most beautiful thing he had ever heard. "I… I… We… We can't be together anymore." She bent her head, staring at the ocean waves behind the two of them. Lugia brought her eyes to look into his once more. Shaking her head, Suicune sat down on the ocean sand, her magnificent tails waving in the wind.

"Suicune… I have loved you ever since I first caught sight of you. You know we are meant to be together." Lugia slowly crouched down, and sat beside her on the cold wet sand, staring out at the dark ocean waves, illuminated barely by the darkened moon.

"Yes, I never thought it would end this way. I thought that they would understand, and that we could live happily, with children…" She stopped abruptly, then continued.

"Lugia. I love you, and I know that you love me. We just can't… Can't be together… I'm sorry." And as she said that last word, her image rose up to meet the moonlight. The word echoed through Lugia's head repeatedly as he watched Suicune stop at the water's edge, foam crawling over her feet.

She gave him one last look of sorrow before she plunged down into the water. ~

The bullet had now crept inches to Lugia's head, a red glow forming on the edge of it. A faint echo of barking burned into his mind... It was Suicune, fiercely fighting with the Rocket's who were shocking her with metal poles, and trying to take her egg from inside the cage she was trapped in. She snarled as she bit one of the poles at the tube, shocking her mouth painfully. Whimpering, she fell onto her face, bitterly giving in to defeat. The Rocket men quickly grabbed the small red egg.

"It is our egg." Lugia thought in his head, a rage forming onto his face. His focus then strayed back to the bullet. He was trying to use his powers to speed it up, but it just crawled slower. "No. There is nothing more to live for. Why can't death come any sooner?" He thought, his mind spinning. He thought of when his mother had to suffer the same death when they had shot her. All he remembered was that it was great pain for him, seeing them raise the gun, then a second later, her limp body.

The bullet was so close to his forehead, he could feel it now. It's metallic surface gouged a hole oh his delicate skin even before it touched him. Within moments of his life, he suddenly turned to look at Suicune once more.

The last thing Lugia saw in his life, was Suicune. The bullet hit him through the side of his head.

--------

Sorry that it's so short ._. I was used to writing one page chapters back then... But that might change..

So, tell me what you think!! (or don't, I don't mind, either way)

~Chico

Chicoslavocia's Revenge
5th August 2003, 12:51 PM
Ummm kay.. I'll still post the *first* chapter.. ^^;

-----------------------------

Chapter 1

My sharp claws extended into the ground below me as I watched the nearing Persian. His face looked hungry, and his growl came from more than his throat. Knowing this made a sharp shiver slice through my back like a frozen blade. A bead of sweat fell across my blinking eye, and onto the ground. The Persian's menacing eyes were joined by his smile. He ate my fear with a power that made him want to force my body in with it. The only way out of the alley.... There usually was none, unless I was purely lucky. But this wasn't the first time I was in a difficult position with no escape...

My eyes flashed around the alleyway quickly. A windowsill, too high to reach........ A clothesline, it would probably break................ A stack of boxes.... I would probably have to jump... I'd have to take that chance.

"It will have to do.." I mumbled to myself, watching the Persian lean down to the ground. With a sudden movement, his knivetic claws were inches from my throat. I had no time to plan, I had to run! Using my recently learned Agility, I watched everything slow down, almost to a stop. As the Persian froze in midair I leapt from the alley wall to the dirty ground, and jumped up toward the boxes. Feeling time flow more freely, I landed gracefully at the top of the stack, and watched the dumbfounded kitty smash into the wall.

"Heh heh." I laughed at Persian as he recovered from the crash. I watched him begin to look pissed, so he tried climbing up the box tower to reach me. "Oh, poor little kitty." I said, sarcastically. I stifled my laughter, then let it burst out again. I had fooled a Persian-- a very difficult thing to do down here in the city. Looking past the boxes, I was given a view of an alleyway leading into a 'circle'. A circle was an area of apartment buildings that came together. There usually was only one or none exits. Seeing a small pipe run up to the boxes in a horizontal pattern, I gripped my paws onto it, and slid down the rough metal surface. I peered out of the alleyway, watching bright clouds in crimson and amber dot the sky. I kept my eyes up to the sky as I reached the end of the cramped road. As the open sight hit me, so did something hard, and golden-coloured. With the collision, I fell backwards a few yards.

"Staryu! Water Gun!" A young girl stood behind the golden-coloured starfish, her mouth still open from the recent order. Facing the Staryu were a large butterfly, and a different trainer. An open field behind the second trainer shone brightly, making her features dark, but I still could tell some of them. The second trainer had dull sienna hair, and stood slightly shorter than the first. The first had bright blonde hair with gleaming azure eyes. They both seemed as much in shock as I was.

"Hey! Look Cassie! It's a... wait! I'll check it in my pokedex!" The brunette stepped forward, even with her butterfly. Sticking her hand into her pocket, she pulled out a small red rectangular box. She flicked the lid slowly to one side, looking as if she was trying to imitate somebody that had tried to teach her.

"Eevee, the genetic Pokemon." I heard a metallic voice say. The sound beeped from the red box that must be a Pokedex. Then I thought to myself, "Something's not right... Wait! These are beginning Pokemon trainers!" I gasped, taking a small step backward. Then the first girl's voice hit my ears once more.

"Oh, wow! Hey, I'm gonna catch it! I'll be able to show it to mum when I get home from my Pokemon Journey! This is gonna be great! My first catch!" She opened up a small purse from her side, and started digging for something. Finally she grabbed a crystallic azure Pokeball from within it, and pressed the eye gently, expanding the Pokeball much bigger.

"No! Cassie, you can't catch it!" The brunette ran from across the 'arena' to where Cassie stood. Her hand grabbed the Pokeball away from Cassie. I watched this scene, blinking my eyes along with the Staryu and Butterfree.

"Why not?" Cassie asked, her tone with definite iciness in it. She grabbed the Pokeball back from Brunette, creating scratch marks on her hand. The shock of the scratch made Brunette fall to the alley ground. Furiously, she stood up and dusted off her pants.

"Because! I saw it first!" Brunette spat out at Cassie, her eyes waving wildly with anger. Turning away from Cassie she faced the shocked Butterfree. "Butterfree! Poison powder! No one messes with me!" The Butterfree quickly flew over Cassie, leaving traces of dull green spores from its bright wings. I covered up my face with one of my brown paws. I already knew what it was like to be attacked by a Butterfree. I had battled a couple for practice a while back.

"Not...So...Fast..." Cassie stood up, coughing out the poisonous spores. "I have an idea." She grabbed at her throat, coughing out some poison from within it. Brunette looked at her cautiously, but then decided it might be worth something.

"Butterfree!" Brunette called to the airborne butterfly. It stopped in midair, facing her. "Stop! Ok, then, what is the idea?"

Cassie coughed once more, protruding more gagging noises. She stood up again, and balanced herself against the damp brick wall. "Well, we can have all of our Pokemon attack the Eevee, and the first one that sees it faint, gets it. So, do you like it, Mel?" She almost laughed at the thought, and I guess she laughed at the petrified look on my face. I mean, I know I was a strong Eevee, but how many Pokemon could both of them have? The thought scared me.

"So, it's a test of...reflex? I like it!" Mel nodded, staring at me with a malevolent gleam erupting from her emerald eyes. "Well, then take out all your Pokemon!" Mel removed another Pokeball from her belt. She threw it to the ground, and a Mareep appeared. "All right! Mareep, and Butterfree, go catch that Eevee!" She pointed to me, laughing demonically at their plan.

"Yes, and you too, Staryu!" Cassie called to the Pokemon I had run into earlier. All three of the Pokemon zoned in on me, and I felt the cold wall finally touch my back. See what I was telling you about difficult positions? Well, this was one of them.... I stiffened up my fur, and made it stand on edge, feeling icicles repeatedly stab into my back. Deciding luck was hopeless, I targeted my first opponent.

"Butterfree, Sleep Powder!" Mel ordered her Pokemon. It flew toward me, and started flapping its wings. "Rreeeee!!!" Bright blue spores gushed out of it's wings like blood from a heart.

"Eevee!!" I called back at it menacingly, hoping to scare it off. Then I took in a deep breath, and pointed my nose toward the Staryu. Butterfree blew its Sleep Power on me with a mighty Gust, and I blew it over to Staryu. Staryu slowly fell asleep, trying to resist. Its attempts were futile. Cassie had to return it back to its Pokeball.

"Dammit!" Cassie swore, hitting her hand powerfully on to the rouge brick wall. She was now out of the competition that she and Mel had made. "Yes!" Mel screamed. "I'm gonna catch the Eevee now!" Her eyes quickly turned from gleeful to menacing as she looked back to her battle.

"Butterfree, use your Tackle attack!" she called, holding Mareep back. I guess Mareep was a last resort for her. None of them seemed to notice, but as we battled on, me, for my life, them, for me, the purple clouds grew navy, and the light from the setting sun faded into the dusk.

I battled on with the will of my spirit, and even though the Butterfree had hit me up pretty badly, I continued. I watched with weak eyes as Butterfree attacked me with a Poison powder. The green spores licked my body in delight, sinking into my tattered skin. My heart beat started to fluctuate as the poison took effect. I took a last leap-- a leap of faith, biting onto the Butterfree, but weakly. I fell from her shimmering wings, my back hitting the ground-- hard.

I looked up at Butterfree, and her sad eyes watched me, watched me die. The bright moon hid beneath her opaque body, but illuminated through her wings. I looked up at the moon as Butterfree rammed into me with a Quick Attack. Rolling over to my side, I felt blood start to rush out of my mouth. Choking, I spat it out, then fell over to my side, weak. My eyes reached their way up to the moon once more.....

I tried to reach up at it, but I knew that I was unable, even in well condition....

"All right! It's toast! Time to catch it!" Mel called out to Butterfree, signaling her to stop attacking. I tried to resist the death that awaited me, but my paws shakily scraped the edge of the wall. "Pokeball, go!" Mel screamed, too much excitement in her voice. My eyesight dimmed as I watched the Crystal Pokeball rushing toward me... But I couldn't let go that fast... I looked back up at the moon-- it's light penetrating the darkness that the Pokeball had thrown onto my spirit.

"Wha..." I could feel my own voice echo in the alleyway as my body started to hover toward the moon. All of my sight was gone, except for the bright light of the moon......

"Hey! Look fast, Cassie!" Mel yelled to her friend. "The Eevee is... Well, starting to turn whiter!"

All of a sudden, I felt my body begin to shimmer, I felt my body grow strong. The Pokeball bounced off of me, uselessly crumbling away. I looked up at the moon. "Yes, that must be the reason for my strange state." Blinking my eyes, I looked once more at the moon...

--------------------

=B

~Chico

EDIT: *

mistysakura
6th August 2003, 06:59 AM
NO, it's not only the known people.
I like this story. It's a really good portrayal of the feelings of a Pokemon. Even though the prologue and the first chapter are so different, something seems to connect them together... and the description is great. Keep up the good work.