PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2004, personal opinions.

kw0ffz0r
4th August 2003, 06:56 PM
I've spent 4 GB's of my harddrive dedicated to Madden 2004 tutorials and movies on the new aspects of the game, and I can't wait. August 14th will turn Earth into heaven. =D

I mean, the franchise mode is going to be impecible.

The Madden 2003 franchise mode was so self-explanitory, and not very deep, but the Madden 2004 franchise mode allows you to move your team from state to state, build a new stadium, EVEN MANAGE YOUR STADIUM'S PRICES! How much better can it get.

The gameplay is not going to change much, but the on-field play has a few new aspects. Like the ability to edit your Wide Receivers route after the snap.

I played 13 seasons in my franchise on Madden 2003, and i'm sure i'll double that in seasons on 2004 by the time Madden 2005 comes out.

I can't wait, can you?

PNT510
5th August 2003, 12:38 AM
I was gonna get Madden, but I can't play it on XBox live so I'm gonna get Fever.

kw0ffz0r
5th August 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by PNT510
I was gonna get Madden, but I can't play it on XBox live so I'm gonna get Fever.

You are so gay, Madden 2004 > Fever *

Get madden, fool.

PNT510
5th August 2003, 03:07 AM
Yeah, but I can't play Madden on XBL. And I only play football games Multiplayer so whats the point in getting it for season mode?

woz
5th August 2003, 07:19 AM
i'll pass.

kw0ffz0r
5th August 2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by woz
i'll pass.

Why must you pass on such a good game? NFL 2k4 probably won't be half as good as this, and if you like that game i'm sure you'd like this one. =\ This is so much better too. :X

And Peter, get it for the season mode because it's fun to build onto your team every offseason, drafting new players and within the next few years bringing their overall up to 96 and making them one of them most outstanding players in the league, that's the whole fun of franchise mode. You get to BE your team. :O

IMO, that's one of the coolest things about football games. :/ Playing nonstop exhibition games is pointless. Or just playing one season at a time.

SuperLedian
5th August 2003, 11:13 AM
Well said kw. I cannot wait for Madden as well. It's all about the Franchise mode. For crying out loud, i finished my 30 year franchise in Madden 2002 just to see how my players grew to be stars (best part of franchise). Mind you, this took a whole two years to complete, therefore skipping 2003 :(. But anyway...

Fever is terrible compared to 2k4 and Madden. Yes there is Xbox live, but i dont see how playing online outweighs the fact that Fever is a mediocre football game. Its like... playing a mediorce game on Xbox live o_O.

Madden. Get it.

en0miz
5th August 2003, 05:32 PM
Meh, I hate football so you won't see me getting this game. :wave: I remember when my brother got Madden 2001... he hardly played it and then later sold it to EB for 10 bucks.

kw0ffz0r
5th August 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by en0miz
Meh, I hate football so you won't see me getting this game. :wave: I remember when my brother got Madden 2001... he hardly played it and then later sold it to EB for 10 bucks.

It has actually changed alot since Madden 2001, because it has alot better graphics and the people actually have a real human form, and don't run as if they have large sticks in their rectum.

Then again, the only big difference is the platform change, from Playstation to Playstation 2.

meh.

SmoothCriminal
10th August 2003, 08:53 PM
Sega's sports have always blown EA's out of the water and espn football looks extremely better then madden. EA's reign has ended, sega is taking over. Plus its on Xbox Live and EA is sony's whore and force you to buy inferior ps2 versions for online.

freshmex
11th August 2003, 01:03 AM
I'll be downloading madden 2004, and buying Fever and nfl 2k4 for xbox for play via xbox live.

SuperLedian
11th August 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by SmoothCriminal
Sega's sports have always blown EA's out of the water and espn football looks extremely better then madden. EA's reign has ended, sega is taking over. Plus its on Xbox Live and EA is sony's whore and force you to buy inferior ps2 versions for online.

thats some of the biggest bull that i've ever seen. look at reviews (from multiple mags and websites) of the two games: madden generally receives higher marks. look at sales for the two games over the years (overwhelmingly in madden's favor): clearly, sega is not taking over. For crying out loud, they're trying everything to keep up. They put on the label of ESPN (football) for more broad appeal. They're introducing a first-person mode, which is interesting but has been tried before and it worked terribly. Control is terribly erroneous, especially during two player games. And, sorry to say, a lot more people have ps2's then Xboxes (gee i wonder why...) , and i'm sure EA must fork over hefty sums of money to use Xbox live; the investment would probably not be worth it anyways with other football games like fever and gameday (both bad, by the way). I suppose monopolzing one online platform is better than having a piece of both.

Hey, i'm not saying 2k football games are bad; they're quite good actually. But they are hardly taking over.

SmoothCriminal
11th August 2003, 01:14 PM
Sales were greater but the gameplay is there in favor of Sega. Madden is such a recognized name that people are more in geared toward it. Sega's product is still better, just have to wait for people to realize it. ;)