PDA

View Full Version : The Unappreciated Tricolor Deck

White Gryphon
4th August 2003, 09:04 PM
Well, I got this Lady Outing in an EX R/S booster. So, I thought, maybe...

4 Makuhita (Slap Push)
3 Hariyama (Super Slap Push)
4 Shroomish
3 Breloom
4 Wingull
3 Pelipper

4 Lady Outing
3 Energy Search
4 Pokemon Breeder Fields
4 Professor Elm
2 Forest Guardian

6 Fighting energy
6 Grass energy
6 Water energy
4 Bounce Energy

Main goal is to get something out and start pounding with it. Maku and Shroom can use any energy to attack, while Wingull needs Water and is best kept on the bench until it's energized or evolved. Hariyama kicks Delcatty around like a ragdoll, plus it counters Pelipper's weakness. In turn, Pelipper counters Breloom's weakness and puts the smackdown on Blaziken.

Lady Outing allows you to search for three basic energy, each one a different type, so it supplies most of the energy. Energy Search helps out with single basic energies, Breeder Fields induces evolutions, and the rest of the trainers allow you to get whatever else you need.

Bounce energy helps to save already used energy, since most of the evolved pokemon's attacks require one specific energy and two of anything else, any one extra energy that was already attached to energize an attack can be sent back to the hand to be used on somebody else.

So, is there any room to improve on this?

Roarkiller
5th August 2003, 05:59 AM
Yeah, cut down on the energy and for heaven's sake, pls dont use energy search. Theres no point, might as well stuff in more energy.

Need more drawing power too. Cant comment on the pkmn until i see the cards.

White Gryphon
5th August 2003, 08:14 PM
Well, I had run this deck through Apprentice on solitary mode, tweaking it the best I could to minimize the chance of not having the right cards I need at the right time. I had several other options in my head: Town Volunteers, Gold Berry, Oak's Research, and Energy Switch.

I chose to use Energy Search, since I would rather a card come up that would help me to get the energy I needed, instead of a 2/3 chance of not getting the energy I need when I need to power up one of the evolved pokemon's attacks.