PDA

View Full Version : Mario Golf

Razola
5th August 2003, 12:08 AM
Has anyone played this yet? I got it today and it's not too bad, though it is best to read the manual and look at the tutorial if you've never played golf games.

Right now I've been playing as Mario with the most success and have beaten two of the tournaments (I seem to be falling victim to poor putting in the desert tournament).

Who's your best character, and how far have you gotten?

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
5th August 2003, 04:24 AM
Do you mean Mario Golf on the N64 or the new one on the GameCube?

Andrew
5th August 2003, 04:57 AM
Did I ever mention how much Mario Golf 64 made me wish I were dead.

And we saw new characters.. like Plum, and Charlie... and other fruit related girls and men we'll never see again. And the fact that it had some kind of interactivity between the GBC version too via the transfer pack.

Ah, Perfect Dark, you deluded me with promises of being able to use my GB camera in your game.. I'm afraid you now have to die.

Oh well IMO Mario Golf = evil horrible game. I was always getting double bogeys.

Razola
5th August 2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex
Do you mean Mario Golf on the N64 or the new one on the GameCube?

The new one, which now has enough Mario characters that the characters from Camelot's other golf game are not in it.

The only non-mario characters are the boy and girl from the GBA game. They are your avatars when you upload your characters to Mario Golf.

Odd that the GBA game didn't release with the Gamecube version though...

Mikey
5th August 2003, 11:44 PM
Haven't played the new one, but I heard it's cool. Plus Diddy Kong is in it!!!! He owns. I was good with Yoshi for the N64 one.

O well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next Mario Tennis:P

GR-Gligar
6th August 2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Haven't played the new one, but I heard it's cool. Plus Diddy Kong is in it!!!! He owns. I was good with Yoshi for the N64 one.

O well, I'm eagerly awaiting the next Mario Tennis:P

I WOULD be awaiting the new Mario Tennis game if it hadn't introduced Waluigi the last time, which infuriated me because he's such a disgraceful character and shouldn't exist.

Razola
6th August 2003, 10:35 PM
But Tennis did introduce Nario, which I thinks compensates for it.

And Tennis was fun, Waluigi or not.

classy_cat18
8th August 2003, 01:12 AM
Who in the world is Nario? Anyway, I bought the game and I think it's off the hook! Yoshi is my favorite character and I've managed to get two eagles and a lot of birdies using him, which makes me relieved considering I always suck at golf games. Oh, and I've won the first championship using him, but I spend most of my time practicing the holes.

Cheesey
8th August 2003, 07:03 PM
I've not played the original games, but I plan on getting Mario Golf for the GameCube. I've heard good reviews about the other Mario Golf games, and read good previews of this one.

Looks great ^^;