PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Methods of Sleeping

Jay
5th August 2003, 07:45 AM
1. Do you rather attempt to get to sleep when you want to, or do you try and stay up as long as possible and wait until you get sleepy? Do you have your own method for going to sleep?

2. Have you ever fallen asleep at school before? Have you witnessed someone fall asleep in class before?

3. If you could re-enter a lower form of educational level (let's say, you're in secondary school now, and want to go back to primary school because it was fun, or for any other reason) would you do that? Why/why not?

~*~

1. Lately I've been trying to stay up as long as I can before I start to feel sluggish. I have a hard time in the mornings getting out of bed before school but at least I get to sleep effectively. I find it hard to get to sleep when I want to, which is a problem.

2. I've heard stories of people falling asleep in class before, but never actually witnessed it, neither have I fallen asleep in class before.

3. I would love to go back into primary school. It was only until after my first year in high school was when I realized how fun it was, and I would want to. Though, if it were an option, I'd get high school over and done with so I can actually start working. I wouldn't want to try high school all over again, though I'd be better prepared this time around.

Cheesey
5th August 2003, 08:02 AM
1. Do you rather attempt to get to sleep when you want to, or do you try and stay up as long as possible and wait until you get sleepy? Do you have your own method for going to sleep?

I usually just fall asleep if I'm tired =/ If I'm not tired then I can't sleep, so whats the point in trying?

2. Have you ever fallen asleep at school before? Have you witnessed someone fall asleep in class before?

Never fallen asleep in class before, but I've witnessed it. There was a party the prevoius night and so many people stayed up so late 5 people in our English class fell asleep XD It was hilarious, because our teacher wasn't very happy.

3. If you could re-enter a lower form of educational level (let's say, you're in secondary school now, and want to go back to primary school because it was fun, or for any other reason) would you do that? Why/why not?

I'm going into my 3rd year at High School after the holidays, but I'd like to be in Primary 5 (9 years old, or thereabouts) Because I had friends, I'd never had anything bad happen to me like what I've gone through now, and I found school easy enough to cope with. I was intelligent, I had friends, and nobody cared. But one of my friends moved back here after moving away a couple of years ago =D

Mikey
5th August 2003, 10:05 AM
1. Bah, I stay up till I'm tired, which is usually 3 AM during the summer and 11 pm during school. My own method? Let's see i close my eyes and wait to fall asleep. :P

2. Many many times, sometimes purposefully. I go to parties on the weekdays and end up extremly tired the next day. Hey, if you have to sleep you have to sleep. :P

3. Nah, I like where I am. Though elementary was fun, High School is more fun. :yes:

MarshmallowEgg
5th August 2003, 10:07 AM

During the summer, I sleep whenever I want. If I want to stay up until 5 in the morning, that's great. If I want to go to bed at 7 pm, that's fine too. During the school year, I stay up until I'm done with homework, which can range anywhere from 9 pm to 1 am, depending. Of course, that's just when I TRY to go to bed. With the added drama of high school I can have things racing around at 250 miles per hour, which makes it 10 times harder to sleep.

I fall asleep in school constantly ^_^;; Bad of me, I know, but sometimes I just can't help it. I see plenty of other people fall asleep in class, too, so at least I'm not the only one.

No. Because that would mean that I'd have to go back through middle school again, and there is no amount of money you could pay me to go through middle school again. That was the most horrible time of my life. I might possibly do last year - freshman year - again, though, if only to get better grades. That year wasn't so bad.

Kireihana52
5th August 2003, 05:56 PM
1) I stay up all night until I feel tired. I can't just make myself fall asleep. I end up lying there, and thinking up so many ideas that I have to keep 5 notebooks beside me. Scribbling, scribbling, scribbling, that's all I know how to do, basically.

2) How the heck someone can fall asleep in those stiff little chairs is beyond my comprehension. But, I have seen people fall asleep in class before. XD

3) 1st & 2nd grade were awesome. Everyone was so nice. 5th grade was good, too, because I had an extremely nice teacher. I could apply a face full of make-up in class and he wouldn't punish me for it. A lot of my classmates hated me, started rumors that I was a lesbian and had made out with my best friend, called me names, and threatened to beat me up, but screw them. It was an interesting year. Every other year sucked, as far as I'm concerned.

~Bethany

Matt
6th August 2003, 09:23 AM

I try to stay up as long as possible and wait until I get sleepy =o. That usually happens about 3 or 4 am. But yesterday I went to bed at 12 AM because I was tired of being up and coughing all the time >>. I usually just lay in my bed until I fall asleep :>.

Yeah, I have =o. I fell asleep in Latin class a few times ..;. That class is so boring, so I can't help it =o. I also fell asleep in algebra a time or two. Yeah I saw someone fall asleep in class before. But luckily no one fell asleep during a movie or they would have to write an essay on it >>.

I would go back to primary school =o. That place was so fun :'). And most every teacher knew me for some reason >>. Plus the work wasn't as hard as the work I have to do now ;-;''. I miss primary school :<.

Avian Freeze
6th August 2003, 01:24 PM

I usually sleep when I want to rather than staying up as long as possible. I "want to sleep" when I've done everything I needed to, or when I just feel like it. I'm trying to sleep earlier though as I've stay up late these days :\. My method of sleeping? I lay down and just close my eyes, trying to move as little as possible or I'll be awake again XD.

I've fallen asleep in class only when the night before we had a big project due, usually for Social Studies x_x. I only fall asleep for brief seconds though, and usually around 6th period, when I get tired o_O. I have fallen asleep in English and Math class, the classrooms make you tired XD. There's also this kid in our class who ALWAYS falls asleep, in like every class. I have no idea why o_O. The teacher's notice and they try to wake him up, but sometimes it doesn't work XD.

I would go back to elementary school, because there was much less work and a lot more fun ^^;. There also was a lot less to worry about and stuff, and the teachers were nice :), though the teachers we had this year were nice too.

Crystal Mew
6th August 2003, 02:03 PM
~*1. I sleep whenever..lol. During summer, I go to bed when I can't think straight anymore, which is 12am+ Even though, I may betired areound 9pm...I'll still stay up. But during school, my parents prefer me to go to bed at 10:30 u_u; so I get 'a good night sleep' :| thats so early ;_;

~*2. Actually, no..I haven't. I find it extremely difficult to ^_^; no matter how tired I am, I never have fallen asleep duirng class. Although,I know people who have...and when they do, its sooo funny ^_^; Like once, the teacher went over and hit him on the head with a book, LOL. maybe thats why I don't fall sleep during class o_o;

~*3. I'd probably go back to 6th grade......that was the best time ever :yes: I was friends with everyone, and it was just fun...then hell started aka 7th grade ;_;

UmbreonCurse
6th August 2003, 06:52 PM
1. ..can I choose both? Usually I stay up untill about eleven pm, then I tery to go to sleep (while Adult Swim records) If I can;t sleep I just watch TV untill I get tired and fall asleap

2. Yes, and yes. Several times. I remeber in 6th grade this one kid kept falling asleap and was in it real deep and the teacher had to call the office to take her out...

3. I might wanna go back to 6th grade...my grade were better then. And my teachers were cooler. And everyone was into pokemon back then.

mistysakura
7th August 2003, 02:47 AM

Well, I usually just go to sleep at 10:30 or so, even in summer. Okay, maybe a bit later in summer. I just know that if I don't I'll be really tired in the morning.

No, but one of my friends in primary school fell asleep in an exam... she finished in about twenty minutes.

No way, year 8 and 9 have been the absolute best years of my life. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? It might have something to do with how Hong Kong's primary schools are totally awful, and I had to go to one. I love secondary school so much better. Musicals, debates, tour choirs... it's just wonderful.

GymLeaderYoshi
7th August 2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Jay

1: I either go to sleep when I want, or (like now, for instance) I try to stay up as long as I can before I get conked out. My method of sleeping? Climbing into my bed. :P

2: I have fallen asleep a total of *counts fingers* 4 times in school. Once in 7th grade, and three times in the eighth. I have seen only one other case of sleeping in a class, but it was during a test, and they had finished, so it was nothing major.

3: I would go back to 8th. (I'm going to 9th now) That was my favorite (and last) year in Jr. High. o.o

~Gly~

Gligar_Man
7th August 2003, 03:46 AM
1. when the sleeping pills take effect, otto gos to bed...

2. yes, i have a funny story too, once in physics class, i fell asleep ( i slept there often, it was after lunch, and i got high at lunchtime... so i slept in there sometimes) anyways, so i fell asleep (4th period, had 5 periods, lunch is 3rd, 90 minutes each) but the teacher apparently told the class not to wake me when the bell rang, and i kept sleeping, all the way until about 5pm and school had been out & stuff, it was not funny for me, but the teacher got a kick out of it...

3. no comment

Hurricane
7th August 2003, 08:28 AM

I talk to my friend, Have some ilk, And I'm out cold

Yes, Yes, They fell asleep in their pudding LOL

I would go back to kindergarden, Then I could be short and see up dresses (and no get slapped)