PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Methods of Sleeping [#3]: Dreamery

Jay
6th August 2003, 08:03 AM
1. Have you ever wanted to dream of something (over a hot woman, guy, pie, whatever) that you absolutely wanted to dream about that night? Did you succeed?

2. Do you prefer to dream or not dream? Why/Why not?

~*~

1. A few times a long time ago. It was about my current girlfriend (primary school by the way <_<), and I used to fantasize about her everynight. Yes I did want to... but over other stuff, very rarely. I may think of something in particular one night and dream of it, but it's rare.

2. I definitely prefer to dream. It's like another life in some sort of sense, and unfortunately it doesn't happen as often as I hope it would.

MarshmallowEgg
6th August 2003, 09:14 AM
1. Have you ever wanted to dream of something (over a hot woman, guy, pie, whatever) that you absolutely wanted to dream about that night? Did you succeed?

Oh my God, if my friends were here right now they would be laughing so hard at me. The whole guy and pie thing... but that really doesn't need to be explained. Anyway, yes I have, actually. I've been dreaming about my crush all summer... including last night. Which is both good and bad, because my friends know I do, and they make sure to tease me about it whenever possible.

I prefer to dream. It's nice, especially when you dream about what you want to dream about ^_^ And weird dreams are fun to tell to your friends.

Matt
6th August 2003, 09:30 AM

Yeah =o. Sometimes a hot girl and sometimes something else. But most of the time I dream about something stupid like falling off a cliff or being shot or driving a car >>. But when I want to dream about something it never happens so I usually just go to sleep and not worry about it.

I prefer to dream. It's just something different and it's better than just laying there and just sleeping all night =o. And it lets me do stuff I wouldn't be able to do in real life >>.

woz
6th August 2003, 09:49 AM
1. not really...occasionally when i was younger i typically wanted to dream about sex...never happened though...

2. i dream occasionally; sometimes my dreams can seem incredibly real, but i wake up and i am disappointed that it was just a dream...other times they are just regular dreams that are terrible...i would prefer the first time of dream all the time, but they are becoming a rare occurrence.

Avian Freeze
6th August 2003, 01:29 PM

Pie? XD. Yes sometimes I've wanted to dream about girls I've liked and anything of the like, but I've rarely ever succeeded ~_~. And usually it would be something stupid that has no relevance whatsoever :rolleyes:. Other than that there was never anything I wanted to dream about. Besides, I never dream about what I want to dream about anyway, I rarely dream and they're usually stupid dreams which make no sense >_<.

I would prefer to dream a lot more than I do, otherwise it just feels empty when I sleep :O. It's also fun to share weird dreams, cause some of the dreams my friends tell me are outrageous and funny XD.

Crystal Mew
6th August 2003, 01:51 PM
1. Yes of course :) Most of the time, I want to dream about guys o_O; actually, I just do. ^_^' Sometimes I still have dreams about old crushes,......like a week ago I did....I dunno why I still dream about them though o0; And normally, I'll dream about whatever I'm thinking about before going to bed =D *cough* I guess thats guys ._.; not all the time I don't think o_O; ok, I'll stop talking now :x
so I try to think happy thoughts....although, sometimes it doesn't work, and I end up dreaming about past crushes u_u'

2. Yes! I love to dream. I hardly ever have nightmares, so most dreams I have are good :) But some dreams I feel so dissapointed cause they aren't real :|

Moonlight Espeon
6th August 2003, 02:27 PM

Sometimes I want to dream about being some sort of a magician o_O Never happened though. Pie? XD I think one time I dreamt about some kind of feast

I don't really like to dream because then you have to wake up to the sad reality that your dream will probably never take place in real life, which makes you hopeful for things you'll never get.

UmbreonCurse
6th August 2003, 06:55 PM
1: sorta..for a long time I wanted to have dreams fabout Pet Force and one night it happened

2: dreaming, definitely. Not dreaming leave a kinda...dead creepy feeling. Besides, I find it fun! Especilly seince about in the middle of it I'm half awake and have a feeling I'm dreaming, so I roll with it.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
6th August 2003, 07:20 PM
--Unfortunately, no. My gift of dreams is not control over them, it's their uniqueness, and my ability to have linked dreams with people (It's actually pretty weird. Twice it's happened; one of my friends spent the night at my house, and when we woke up in the morning, we compared dreams and they were more or less the same--a few alterations to the way things looked. The second time, I was over at that friend's house and the same thing happened--different dream. Anyway...)

--I prefer to dream, however that very rarely happens and it pisses me off! Anyway, I like to dream because I feel better when I wake up. It's not just black for two seconds and suddenly waking up, it's doing something in your mind while you're sleeping, and knowing that I didn't just do nothing all night makes me feel more rested, I guess.

Cheesey
7th August 2003, 09:00 AM

Yes I wanted to dream about something and yes I succeeded ._. It was about mashing a Pikachu with a Magikarp and I succeeded o.0 Yes, I've had loads of others but I'm rubbish at remembering.

I like to dream because you get to things you couldn't in real life.

Gligar_Man
7th August 2003, 10:25 AM
ummm, that is called lucid dreaming, they even have a device that can help you accomplish it, its like some goggle type thing, and it recognizes your specific r.e.m. patterns wich signal stage 2 dreaming, and it flashes a little red light, subconsciously telling you you are now about to dream... you can literally control what happens...

thought you should know

Moltrecuno
7th August 2003, 12:30 PM

Of course I wanted to dream of something in particular. Now I mostly want to have dreams of my boyfriend. :D *sees some people roll their eyes* stfu... >_>;; Anyway, I was able to succeed in having those dreams a few times. ^_^ It was funny when I played FFX too much a while ago and had dreams about it with my boyfriend in it for about a week. XP

2. 2. Do you prefer to dream or not dream? Why/Why not?

I prefer to dream. I usually feel like I got more sleep when I dream unless I have a nightmare. Its also fun to dream of fun and weird experiences that you normally wouldn't do when you're awake. I could say something scientific about why having dreams is healthy and good for you but I'll sound boring. X_x

*ish too smart for her own good* :x

~M~

mr_pikachu
7th August 2003, 01:55 PM
1. I dream about all sorts of stuff, but I don't really ever want to dream about something in particular, probably because I hardly ever dream at all (or at least I don't remember it when I wake up). But sometimes when I'm thinking of something as I fall asleep, I dream about it. And usually that's either girls or Pokemon. XD Why Pokemon? Well, I listen to my Pokemon CDs to help me fall asleep. Right now I've got the Pokemon 3 CD going. It's working great! :D

2. I prefer to dream. It seems like a unique experience for me, because I rarely remember them. But when I do, I always get this nice feeling inside. And I want to do whatever I dreamed of... lol. One time I dreamt I was an astronaut. I am terribly afraid of heights, but when I woke up that morning I understood why astronauts do what they do completely. Freaky.

I want that device, Gligar_Man! Give it! Give it now! *device falls onto floor in scuffle and shatters*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Gengachu
7th August 2003, 05:44 PM
1. I don't usually have dreams, and I like it that way. But when I have dreams they usually involve me killing something or me being killed. I'd prefer fantasies about women, but I guess I'm not going to get any.

2. As I said, no. I don't like them, because I never have control of what's going on in them and that bothers me. Plus most of my dreams are weird. For example, I drempt that I was a small animal last night that was killing everyone. I've also had dreams where robots were chasing me. Those aren't really things I want to happen, so I prefer to not dream.

Kireihana52
10th August 2003, 12:56 PM
1) Yeah, I have. I've actually tried putting on headphones and listening to a song over and over again just to see if it gives me any weird dreams. XD I can't dream about something if I want to dream about it, it just doesn't work out that way for me.

2) I love dreams. Sleeping would be boring without them. If it were up to me, I'd probably sleep nonstop, just to have dreams constantly. =P I have really neat dreams. Some have these sort of creepy, beautiful, medieval places. Some are about really odd things, like being in an underwater hotel, with a breathing mask on. I've dreamt about things that actually change how I feel about a person, or make me understand them better. I dream a lot about being in a school without shoes on, killing someone (O_o;), cigarettes, video games, and of course, sex, because I'm perverted. XD I've also dreamt about bands before that I knew nothing about, only to find out that I like their music. So, yeah, I have neat and weird dreams, and I love them. =) I've decided to keep a 'dream journal' because of all the weird dreams I have. *goes to sleep in hope of more amusing dreams*

~Bethany

Shizzo
10th August 2003, 01:57 PM
1) not really. It doesn't matter for me what I'm dreaming or want to dream, cuz I know it's just a dream ;).

2) Dreams are ok. As long as they are fine and sometimes kinda weird, it's nice. I hate dreaming when I'm depressed or sad/mad.

ILikePokemonP
11th August 2003, 02:16 AM

To be honest, I've never thought about it for one second. I just take my dreams as they come.

Depends on what type of dream it is. But something that happens to me every once in a while - If I see someone in my dream, sometimes I ask them to wake me up :rolleyes: I always think it's worked until I hear my alarm...