PDA

View Full Version : GTA: Vice City Accidental cheat

Mister Myuu
7th August 2003, 12:51 AM
Ok, I did something very interesting and very accidental on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City the other day that allowed me to go to places in the game you're not supposed to go to until later.

Here's the scenerio. I had just completed the 'Gaurdian Angel' mission, allowing me access to Starfish Island, where Diaz resides. As I do in my games with a vast world like this, I decided to explore this new area before continuing on.

After picking up a nifty sword for decapitating and a flamethrower for sheer fun, I found the docks on the northern side of the Island. As I was walking along, looking for weapons or hidden packages, I happen to see a boat come sailing slowly by. The boat, to my surprise, was sailing right next to the dock. Being the opportunist I am, I figured 'what the hell' and jumped onto the boat. After the lady owner dived overboard (probably to be eaten by sharks) I sat down and began zooming around (ever so slowly on the big boat) around.

On a whim, I began searching the shores of the other side of the city, which you aren't suppossed to get to until later on. But, alas, it was all surrounded by walls. As I rounded the northern part of Downtown Vice City, in the Hyman Memorial Stadium vicinity, I noticed a break in the walls and a small sandy area. I parked my boat here and jumped off.. taadaa!, I had accessed the second half of Vice City. After racing around, narrowinf escaping the many gangs hanging around in downdown and little Hiati, I finally met an unfortunate end near the airport when I drove into the water ;o ;o

Since then, I've tried several times to recreate this but, unfortunately, I've yet to encounter a boat that got close enough to jump on (save for a police boat which I decided against hi-jacking :D )

Has anyone else encountered this weird but cool event? If so, could you possibly tell me how to do it again as I would like to venture back across the lake once more.

Other strange events I've witnessed in GTA: VC

* A police officer run straight into the water and drown for no real reason

* An ambulance driving around in circles running over people (I had killed someone in a place where the ambulance couldn't reach)

* A police car doing the same thing as the Ambulance (I was at 2 stars and was hiding in the Ocean View Hotel)

* A police officer running around randomly beating up members of a gang, who then killed him, all the while an ambulance crew bringing everyone killed back to life (including the officer who continued his rampage). This happened to accour when I was in the 'unaccessable' part of the game.

* Diaz' men, who stand in front of his mansion, getting into a gun fight with one another. (this was funny until they all turned and killed me for some weird reason. I was only sitting in my car listening to KCHAT.)

* I once got ontop of a car while it was at a red light and rode around on the roof for some 10 minutes before jumping off to steal a motorcycle.

* On numerous occasions, I've witnessed cars hit and kill officers which I find funny for some reason.

that's about all.

bakahams7er
7th August 2003, 10:09 PM
you know there is a boat or two the docks right? And most of those things happen pretty much commonly ;/

funniest thing i've seen is vice city was when the fbi set up a 4 car roadblock to stop me (5 stars) right under the bridge across from the golf course (on the west vc side).

I was on a bike with 2 ranchers and a cheetah on my tail..so I swerved just in between the roadblock and the 2 ranchers behind me ran straight into it. The cheetah hit the ranchers and flipped all the way over the bridge and landed right side up behind me and kept up the pursuit.

Should have saved a replay :(

andyizcool
8th August 2003, 09:14 AM
This game is so great when you can get the Hunter or a Sea Sparrow I mean any helicopter with guns on. Go around the city destroying everything trying to get 6 stars. Once you have the maximum amount of stars try fighting with the Army and FBI just in your helicopter but it does have guns on it.

~Andrew

Mister Myuu
9th August 2003, 12:29 AM
The highest I ever got was 5 stars and that was from just hiding in the Ocean View Hotel and picking off cops when they were dumb enough to walk passed the door with either my machine gun or sniper rifle. I tried for 6 stars but got bored playing shoot the piggies and gave up lol. The funnest part of that was waiting until several cops were standing near the door then throwing a smoke bomb at them. :D

DarkTemplarZ
10th August 2003, 09:39 AM
Try driving a Packer around with a high wanted level, then just stop randomly and cop cars go flying off of the ramp, it's so much fun.

Sniping spots are the best. Just kill cops and helicopters and what not and not even get hit. The one near the ocean beach gas station(where u get armor in the back) is my favorite, then the plank on the construction site

Ultimate Charizard
12th August 2003, 08:29 PM
Not exactly Vice City (i dont own it but i may pick it up if i can) but one of the funniest GTA moments i had is when i found the best Sniping spot in the entire city on GTA3.

Its actually right on top of the Police station.
Load up the rocket Launcher and have some fun, Cars come screaming down the roads and park in perfect spots for you and the Choppers are easy enough to pick off.
After a while the cops get brave and try coming up to get you but if i remember right there was a wall in the way stopping them reaching you.

crazybone
17th August 2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mister Myuu
The highest I ever got was 5 stars and that was from just hiding in the Ocean View Hotel and picking off cops when they were dumb enough to walk passed the door with either my machine gun or sniper rifle. I tried for 6 stars but got bored playing shoot the piggies and gave up lol. The funnest part of that was waiting until several cops were standing near the door then throwing a smoke bomb at them. :D

Uh, just get a high rate thingy, like Don or something. Once you reach a pretty much high rank, you get stars easily. Also, if you just stand on a roof, forget the usage of any guns, and just keep tossing those flaming bottles (Molotovs or something :|) and keep blowing up police/authority cruisers, you'll get a 6 star rating pretty quick.

Once I was picking up a prostitute, and she was talking to me outside my car, and suddenly an officer came and beated her up. ._.

Silent Dragonfly
21st August 2003, 10:11 AM
A few things I find funny,

How the cops throw stingers out into the road to pop your tires when you're flying above in a heli.
When a cop went around attacking about 6 random people and I get a citizen's bonus for helping him.
How the cops give me huge amounts of money for killing people on "Brown Thunder" (Around 800k on Level 120)
Slicing people up with heli blades
The fact that the cops let you out of jail after these huge crimes (like blowing up 100+ cars in a tank and killing hundreds of people)

andyizcool
21st August 2003, 12:51 PM
Philip I know you followed me here as you never go into the Video game forums. Also funny things are get in a Tank or the Army Helicopter and just go round and kill as many people as you can to get 6 Stars and see how long you can survive and this can get very funny. Also try looking for glitches I found one and I might have shown Philip you see below the city under the water without dying after a while you get dropped off in the Cuban area.

~Andrew

Tainted
28th August 2003, 05:16 PM
6 stars is easy to get.
Its called getting on a roof with a rocket launcher or another weapon that can cause mass destruction. *boom* *boom*
What I find funny is when the ambulance comes and you blow it up, another one comes to try and save the first ambulance victims... lol
*boom*
When the helicopters come it gets a bit harder, but if you park a car infront of the staircase to the top of wherever you are then no one should be able to get you but helicopters...

Lol, once I got six stars and I jumped off the roof and just literally walked right into a tank. So I started driving it around causing even more damage... it was crazy...
lol...
I was playing with friends once and my one friend had the two quickest losses ever... okay...

Numero Uno:
My friend started out infront of that bikers place. He saw an old lady and went "Wahoo!" He ran up hit her once and then the cop busted him. A total of like 7 seconds of gameplay.

The Revisitation:
He ran out of the police office and onto the street where he tried to jack a cop car. Busted. Total of around 20 seconds of gameplay.

andyizcool
29th August 2003, 11:54 AM
Some things in this game are so funny and if you have 100% like me then you might get a bit bored so go round and blow everything up that you find funny then you have 6 stars easy. When you have 6 stars try running without a car or anything to collect police bribes and get back to 0 stars without dying. Can anyone do that?

~Andrew

Ultarius
1st September 2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Mister Myuu
Other strange events I've witnessed in GTA: VC

* A police officer run straight into the water and drown for no real reason
I say bad AI.

* An ambulance driving around in circles running over people (I had killed someone in a place where the ambulance couldn't reach)
That's just funny.

* A police car doing the same thing as the Ambulance (I was at 2 stars and was hiding in the Ocean View Hotel)
See above.

* A police officer running around randomly beating up members of a gang, who then killed him, all the while an ambulance crew bringing everyone killed back to life (including the officer who continued his rampage). This happened to accour when I was in the 'unaccessable' part of the game.
This is a feature new to VC. It has something to do with the fact that that person commited a crime, and the cop went after him, except he was in a gang. That ambulance thing is funny though. I've heard that if a cop is chasing after someone, and you kill the cop, you get some sort of reward (nothing big, but some sort of mention in the Stats page)

* Diaz' men, who stand in front of his mansion, getting into a gun fight with one another. (this was funny until they all turned and killed me for some weird reason. I was only sitting in my car listening to KCHAT.)
I like it better later on in the game when Vercetti has a gang.

* I once got ontop of a car while it was at a red light and rode around on the roof for some 10 minutes before jumping off to steal a motorcycle.

* On numerous occasions, I've witnessed cars hit and kill officers which I find funny for some reason.
As have I.