PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Advance Generation Episode #37: Beauty And The Beast!? Shiftry And Nurse Joy!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
7th August 2003, 04:19 AM
It is already Thursday today, and can't see anybody having posted anything about today's funny funny episode for some odd reason! I have only 4 days left of my summer holiday if we count also this one but what the heck, here's my newest translation from the Yokoku section of http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/ ...

Beauty And The Beast!? Daatengu And Jooi-San!

Continuing their journey to see Kinsetsu town, Satoshi and friends arrive at a Pokémon Center which is located in a pass on the way. But there is no sign of people. The rooms inside are in a mess and there are sleeping pills fallen on the floor. Thinking about the incident, Satoshi and others decide to try to watch the video of the security camera... There they see the shape of [Wicked Pokémon] Daatengu carrying Jooi-san fallen asleep!! To rescue Jooi-san, the party heads for a big tree where Daatengu is said to live and the Grass Type Pokémon try to obstruct the road to the tree. That time, Jooi, who wakes up on the big tree, notices one Konohana sleeping beside her...

Daatengu=Shiftry
Jooi-San=Nurse Joy
Kinsetsu=Mauville
Konohana=Nuzleaf

Chris 2.1
7th August 2003, 07:51 AM
I was waiting for Hanada to post this :rolleyes:

This sounds really good, it's nice having another Joy Character develoment thing going on here! I like Shiftry now, he's a really cool Pokemon IMHO! Nice to see more Nuzleaf, and btw this means theres a while evo chain featured in the anime! :o thats weird, cos its still early on really. Oh well. AG is pulling unexpected things out, like Marshtomp so early...

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th August 2003, 12:08 PM
Can't say much about the episode as I have no idea how they will handle this plot. But the battle between Shiftry and Treeko looks great! The animation looks cool as it shows them zipping around and striking each other at high speed. Though I doubt Treeko will be able to win against a third level evolution. Perhaps it will be a stalemate, with Joy interrupting before a victor can be decided.

Zak
7th August 2003, 10:29 PM
Hanada is on vacation right now, as am I, and I'm posting from the hotel in Toronto. My Dad's ****ty laptop can't display Japanese, but I'll try to get info on the ep ASAP. I come home in three days anyways. Sorry people :(

~Zak

Greve
8th August 2003, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
AG is pulling unexpected things out, like Marshtomp so early...

Wasn't that Swampert?

AKA Pokemon Fan
8th August 2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Greve
Wasn't that Swampert?
Well Marshstomp was featured in a flashback, but yeah, the main Pokemon was Swampert.

Mikey
8th August 2003, 10:45 AM
I'll probably have a guide written for this episode today or tomorrow, and if you're real nice, I MAY post it here.;)

Chris 2.1
8th August 2003, 03:17 PM
Ack...yea, Marshtomp, but I mean, a whole evo line in X number of episodes? we didnt see Meganium till the 2nd last MQ ep...oh well.

Treecko sure is getting expirience battling...Hariyama, Shiftry...if I didn't know better, I'd say he's geared up for -

*shiny has a heart attack*

Animelee
10th August 2003, 01:46 AM
I just watched this episode, and I'm sorry to say it, but Treecko didn't evolve.

Also, another sad fact is that this was a filler episode. There was no character development, and nothing was from the game. :(

Hanada Tattsu
10th August 2003, 05:56 PM
Hmm, that sucks that Treecko didn't evolve. :(

But still, we may see it evolve anyways in the Mauville Gym Battle, hopefully. :(

Animelee
12th August 2003, 09:01 PM
When I watched this episode on Friday night, my younger brother was sleeping. So, he was watching it on Sunday afternoon, and I decided to watch it with him.

I just started watching Inuyasha on Thursday night, and I'm on episode 30, at the moment. There are a lot of Inuyasha references I noticed from re-watching the episode on Sunday.

For you Inuyasha fans, you know how Inuyasha carries people on his back while he leaps from place to place? He did it with Joy, but she was in his hands, and he did it with Brock, but he was on his back. Also, in Inuyasha, there are many Japanese-type BGMs, and, just for this episode, it looks like the OLM orchestra created some new Japanese-type BGMs. Another point - you know how the fights in Inuyasha consist of flipping around, slashing the enemy, etc.? Well, so did the battle with Treecko and Shiftry! It was VERY well-animated.

I bet the reason why the next few episodes are fillers are because the sixth movie is currently in theaters, so parents may be taking kids to see the movie while the show is airing on TV, and the writers acknowleged that, so they made a few filler episodes so children won't miss anything important to the plot. Just my opinion, of course. :)

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:16 AM
You're right Animelee.

As for the Nihongo BGM references, I doubt 4Kids would ever let those be seen by American audiences, due to their fright of Japanese culture. oO

ShockingAlberto
28th August 2003, 08:37 PM
Otaku,

The back-carrying thing is a lot like what humanoid demons were thought to do in Japan. Those that were cowardly would steal souls from afar, others would fly through the trees and pick up young girls to take back to their base. Shiftry seems to represent a Japanese demon very accurately.

-- ShockingAlberto

Animelee
28th August 2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ShockingAlberto
Otaku,

The back-carrying thing is a lot like what humanoid demons were thought to do in Japan. Those that were cowardly would steal souls from afar, others would fly through the trees and pick up young girls to take back to their base. Shiftry seems to represent a Japanese demon very accurately.

-- ShockingAlberto

Quite true. I read the legend about the Japanese demon named Tengu (of which Datengu [Shiftry] is based on) this morning. Very interesting.

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 08:53 PM
I know, of course, Japanese anime is really built on Japan a lot, after all anime is like an authentic part of Japan. I never knew the Datengu/Tengu similarities. Interesting.