PDA

View Full Version : Advance 38 - Plusle and Minun! The Mountain Lighthouse! (Preview)

Andrew
8th August 2003, 02:31 AM
Advance Episode 38
Plusle and Minun! The Mountain Lighthouse!

Video Clip

Well we start off with that wonderful. Groudon background and then some really ****ty music starts up and some woman who proceeds to scream through my speakers and try and destroy my eardrums.
- We have Plusle and Minun hugging and black orb of kinds, charging up and they make it full of energy till its brimming white.
-We see the side of a woman in light green with the whole team before we zoom in on Ash and May and Ash's mouth moves. Wow!
-Pikachu and the Plusle and Minun stand and Ash and Co look amazed.
-We see a Robo-Zapdos.
-Minun and Plusle charge up
-Pikachu is held in a robot hand and is in its classic struggle pose
- Plusle and Minun hug and of course charge with energy, and speed towards teh RoboZapdos.

Translaton of thingie

"???? and Naiman! Lighthouse of mountain! ! "(August 14th broadcast) Or as for ??? which aims toward ????????, the ? the fog (the drill) being, you were walking the ? mountain path. There is a village in Yamanaka, the lighthouse of the guide (questions there is, it is). ??? was placed on the lighthouse, it encounters with ??? and ??? which protect "the stone which shines", but as for mosquito ? ? looking at the ? Tosi's appearance, you are convinced that it is the hero who is conveyed to the village. Still, as for ??? which the battle it removes also one time and go is not, accompanying "concave it is to obtain ????" ???? ????, in ??? of yearning and training together. However, rocket group appears there, takes "stone and ????? which shine and" the ? ? puts away.

My prediction

Ash and co continuing on to Mauville come to a foggy town with a Lighthouse, where Plusle and Minun charge up this stone which keeps the place in tact. The villagers see Ash as a legendary hero to which he denies it, I'm guessing some stupid thing about getting rid of the fog and protecting the Lighthouse.

Then we have Team Rocket going "OMFG! Precious Stone in the lighthouse! Lets Steal!" And of course there's a lovely girl there who owns the Plusle and Minun. We have our rodent Pokemon play around before Robo Zapdos turns up, steals Pikachu and the stone, dismisses Plusle and Minun for being puny and getting their asses kicked by them.

Will wonders never cease.

*Yawn*

My Thoughts

Welcome back to Filler Land. Dear lord save us all.. And the idiocy of having a lighthouse in the mountains astounds me.. .it really does. *Yawn* This is nothing more than a showcase for Plusle and Minun and showing off their teamwork power.

If Advance reverts to this type of mush, I think its time to abandon hope.

Pic
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/038.jpg

Isn't it disgustingly horrible.

Meh and I'm doing this cause Zak is away lol. And Hanadda... meh *Shrugs* How would I know. Zak said he'd edit it later, but still, my acidic review ++

Linkage: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/main.html

Laz-E-Boy
8th August 2003, 08:27 AM
:o

Wow...

GREATEST REVIEW EVER!!!!

Mikey
8th August 2003, 10:44 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. The least they could've done was make a mini doubles tourny or something where Ash double battles the two. I hate fillers, only liked a few.

Warp O
8th August 2003, 05:57 PM
Just another filler to introduce some of the new characters into the anime. If your a Plusle and Minun fan then...wa-lah...you have a good episode. Otherwise nothing to out of the ordinary or exciting. But doesn't sound sooo horibble.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th August 2003, 12:07 AM
This is what I got out of it:

Purasuru And Mainan! The Mountain Lighthouse!!

Aiming at Kinsetsu City, Satoshi and friends walk along a mountain road where a thick fog appears. There is a village among the mountains and there the path leads to a lighthouse. Satoshi and others meet Izuna and Kazuchi, who protect a [Shining Stone] which has been placed into the lighthouse. Kazuchi, looking at Satoshi's appearance, is under impression that he is a hero carrying a message from the village. Having the [Cheering Pokémon] Purasuru and Mainan, Kazuchi, who has not got experince from a single battle, decides to have some training with Satoshi. However, Team Rocket appears and steals [The Shining Stone] and Pikachuu.

Purasuru=Plusle
Mainan=Minun

Serebii of SPP
12th August 2003, 10:16 AM
Meh you guys are pathetic...you're bashing an episode before you've seen it.

AG has had a lot of fillers...but its fillers are very good

Just because its a filler does not make it bad...sheesh.

Chris 2.1
12th August 2003, 01:08 PM
Well a lot of people underestimated the Meditite episode, and that turned out to feature Brawly, and was when Ash was challanged again. I guess there might be something this ep has to offer.

Also, on Serebii, the 2nd pic of this episode makes the Plusle and Minun look shiny IMHO, the Minun has teal-ears.....

Andrew
12th August 2003, 07:22 PM
Serebii. Two words for you if you want Proof that fillers are bad.

Johto. Journeys.

*Shudders*

'sides why have one sickeningly cute limelight stealer when you can have 3! But please don't go insulting people, we have a right to our opinions.

Animelee
12th August 2003, 09:03 PM
In my humble opinion, this episode is not a filler, because as we all know, Ash-tachi was just in Staleport City. Right after Staleport City is a grassy route that has a lot of wild Plusle and Minun in the tall grass, and since the anime is based on the game, I don't consider this to be a filler.

Of course, this is my humble opinion. ^^;

AKA Pokemon Fan
12th August 2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
Serebii. Two words for you if you want Proof that fillers are bad.

Johto. Journeys.

*Shudders*

'sides why have one sickeningly cute limelight stealer when you can have 3! But please don't go insulting people, we have a right to our opinions.
Serebii wasn't saying fillers can't be bad, only that not all fillers are bad and you should wait until you know more about the episode before you judge it so.

Besides, this certainly sounds like a more interesting way to introduce Plusle and Minun than how they could have done it, i.e they are just two Pokemon owned by some young girl in some little house. Instead we hae them guarding a lighthouse with a magical stone, as well as Ash being mistaken (though perhaps he is the hero they think he is) for some legendary hero.

geoff
13th August 2003, 09:30 PM
If this episode were in Johto Journeys, it would go like so:

"Hi, my name's Currencia! I just love my Minun and Plusle! They're so cute! Oh no, Team Rocket has stolen them as they are powerful or something. Wait- yay! Pikachu used its Thunderbolt to save them! I love you, Pikachu! You're so cute!" -END-

And the Minun in the 2nd pic DOES look shiny... hmm, odd. Although, Shiny Minun is my favorite shiny!

It looks like a decent episode.

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:20 AM
LOL, Andy. You do a good job, maybe you should help me out sometime.

Okay, I dunno if it was the quality of the pic or what, but that was the worst animation I have seen in all of AG!

I hope it was just the quality of the pic.

And no, Minun's not shiny, knowing The Powers That Be, if they were gonna showcase a shiny Minun, a) Plusle would be shiny, b) it would be a seperate episode.

Mikey
25th August 2003, 11:27 AM
Ok, I've seen the episode, done a guide and stuff and I can safely say that it was one of the worst AG episodes. We were right Serebii!:P

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 12:22 PM
LOL at Mike, hopefully Advance Generation will make some nicer episodes with Misty, I don't want another Johto here, or we'll all die. :(