PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Mr, CrAsH
8th August 2003, 01:35 PM
Hello has any one here ever heard o this game besides me and PzYcHe? If you did post in herr.

tron
8th August 2003, 02:09 PM
I've heard of it, but because I don't have a PS2, I haven't been following up on it or anything. All I remember is that you have to eat snakes and other wildlife to survive, sounded kind of stupid to me.

On the plus side, I remember at E3 someone said that they completely redid the MGS engine to prepare for an online MGS title, which I thought was pretty cool.

Gengachu
10th August 2003, 01:24 PM
I saw some screenshots of it in EGM. They said the game takes places in the 1960s, so you're probably Big Boss and not actually Snake. They also said that you could make your own camofluage. Sounds cool, but I don't have a PS2. I'm waiting for MGS - The Twin Snakes.

Duo_Washu_III
10th August 2003, 04:06 PM
well, X-play said that it was awesome. even though they only got a trailer. oh well. it still is AWESOME. unluckily, the farthest i've got in console bittage is teh N64 :mad: also, there was a part where snake (it looked like him) was hi-jacking a motorcycle, and failed. the funny thing is, the guy says "go eat snakes!" in german to snake. ha. it make funny. also at the end it says something like this:
(my key thingy to help stop making typing big because lazy:S=snake G=guard)

*S sneaks up to G and holds him like in splinter cell*
S:tell the realese date!
G: never...
S:tell me! *puts the gun by forehead*
G: at the end of the year...

i thought it was funny.

Gengachu
10th August 2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Duo_Washu_III
also, there was a part where snake (it looked like him) was hi-jacking a motorcycle, and failed.

Snake was cloned from Big Boss, I believe, so that could explain that.

Shadowfax
11th August 2003, 02:40 AM
your are Big Boss in this game, but its probably just gonna do the same thing the 2nd one did, when you'll be big boss for the first little part, then you'll take over as Snake again :P

Laz-E-Boy
11th August 2003, 10:27 AM
I can't wait for it. I love the Metal Gear series.

youdontknowme
13th August 2003, 01:05 PM
this game sounds very complex. like the guards can see your shadow, hear the crunching of your footsteps, can hear you breathing and sneezing, and i think they can follow your footprints. u also have to hunt for animals and eat them to regain health. u dont have any rations and all that junk.

PNT510
13th August 2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by youdontknowme
this game sounds very complex. like the guards can see your shadow, hear the crunching of your footsteps, can hear you breathing and sneezing, and i think they can follow your footprints. u also have to hunt for animals and eat them to regain health. u dont have any rations and all that junk.

I dont know about the second game but the guards could hear you sneeze run in certain areas, and they could follow your footsteps, so following your shadows seems to be one of the next logical steps IMO.

Ultarius
13th August 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by youdontknowme
this game sounds very complex. like the guards can see your shadow, hear the crunching of your footsteps, can hear you breathing and sneezing, and i think they can follow your footprints.

Have you ever played Splinter Cell? That's complex.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to both MGS3 and MGS Snake Eater. I've read (on an interview on Nintendo's web site) that Snake Eater will be a remake of MGS1 (for the PSX), and that MGS3 will feature Big Boss, which will probably be awesome. Just as long as they get rid of Raiden, I'm satisfied.

RJdude
13th August 2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Ultarius
Anyway, I'm looking forward to both MGS3 and MGS Snake Eater. I've read (on an interview on Nintendo's web site) that Snake Eater will be a remake of MGS1 (for the PSX), and that MGS3 will feature Big Boss, which will probably be awesome. Just as long as they get rid of Raiden, I'm satisfied.

Metal Gear Solid 3 IS Snake Eater... The Twin Snakes is the name of the remake of Metal Gear Solid.

Anyway, I don't have PS2, so I won't be getting Snake Eater, but it still looks pretty good. But I'm really looking foward to Twin Snakes, which is at the top of my most wanted list, tied with SC2. The original MGS was great, and it had a really good storyline, and now will better graphics and more stuff you can do, it'll be one of the must-have games for Gamecube.

andyizcool
19th August 2003, 10:18 AM
I've seen a video demo of this where Snake is in the wild eating animals and stuff to survive. You can hang on trees and hide in tall grass great adventure. The guards have dogs looking for you as well the game looks so great I want to buy it soon.

~Andrew

Silent Dragonfly
21st August 2003, 09:56 AM
Snake Eater looks great, Twin Snakes should be nice to get since I never got MGS, I finished it when I borrowed it from a friend.
D'ya think they'll ever re-make the original 2 games, which I think were on SNES?

Laz-E-Boy
21st August 2003, 11:03 AM
Ijust beat MGS2 Substance. For all those who played MGS2, WTF is up with the Patriots? And

-SPOILER-

What was up with that ending where Otacon says the 12 members died 100 years ago?

-END SPOILER-

andyizcool
21st August 2003, 12:54 PM
I just got this and you can't load your game off MGS2 so I'll just use this game to do all the extra missions and stuff. Skateboarding with Snake and Raiden is very funny and the way they talk saying stuff like "50-50 Grid". The patriots I don't really understand that bit at the end so don't ask me.

~Andrew