PDA

View Full Version : For all you fighting game fans, SNK or Capcom?

Wild Female Machoke
8th August 2003, 02:37 PM
Any fighting game fans here? (I mean besides Super Smash Brothers!) I wanted to know which company (SNK or Capcom) do you prefer? I am not telling you to side with one company, I just wanted your opinion.

I have a bad memory... (feel free to add more to the list below)

SNK Fighters: King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown/Spirits, Last Blade, Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting

Capcom Fighters: Street Fighter, Darkstalkers/Vampire, Rival Schools/Private Justice School, the "vs." games, Power Stone, Tech Romancer, Cyberbots, Plasma Sword/Star Gladiator

BTW I might do a SNK vs. Capcom/Pokémon crossover site. It functions the same way as those "faux" tournaments I had seen (like the GameFAQs Character Contest), except those SNK and Capcom fighters will be armed with Pokémon.

tron
8th August 2003, 05:38 PM
I've only played 1 game with SNK characters, which is Capcom vs SNK 2: EO for Xbox. I like the SNK characters a lot more than the Capcom ones, so I voted for SNK.

Musourenka
8th August 2003, 05:52 PM
I like the King of Fighters more than Street Fighter, and I like some of SNKs other fighting games, namly Last Blade and Garou.

My vote goes to SNK.

PNT510
8th August 2003, 11:00 PM
Personly I perfer Namco because of Tekken and Soul Calibur. If I had to chose between Capcom and SNK I'd say SNK because of the KoF game at the bowling alley is cool.

SupremeChampion
9th August 2003, 12:33 AM
hmm... i think i'll go with capcom. sorry, but i'm a big big fan of the marvel vs. capcom (I-III) arcade games, even though i've always come one form away from beating the final bad guy... then i always run out of quarters :(.

~The Italian Stallion

Musourenka
9th August 2003, 09:58 AM
Uhm, you do know that there isn't a Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and it is highly unlikely that there will be? Capcom doesn't have the rights to use the Marvel license anymore.

woz
9th August 2003, 10:48 AM
i went with snk due to kof and fatal fury...tough choice, though.

The Muffin Man
9th August 2003, 09:28 PM
I went with Capcom because SNK seems to base itself on the limited coolness of samurai's, or trying to look like a Capcom fighter. I'm sure they have alot of unique fighting games, just all you ever hear about is Last Blade, or KoF...

bakahams7er
9th August 2003, 11:16 PM
capcom, because I always used to play Marvel vs Capcom in my nearby arcade 8)

Metal Claw
11th August 2003, 07:25 PM
Capcom.
You know Capcom Vs. SNK Chaos is coming out....Like CVS1 and 2 but produced by SNK!

Im just happy that Zero is in it!
Add Plasma Sword and Star Gladiator to your list for Capcom too!
*The Game where HAYATO came from.
Also, add the robot fighter Tech Romancer and the melee fighter Power Stone One and Two...if you dont have them there already (I forgot...)

Chikoo
14th August 2003, 05:46 PM
I thought I was the only fighting fan out here. ;o I'm so glad I'm not alone. Capcom is better. :wave: However, I do like some SNK characters. Nakoruru, Mai! and Kim are teh best. I just hope Capcom VS Nintendo will someday come out for the GC.

Metal Claw
14th August 2003, 10:22 PM
Capcom vs. Nintendo????
Nah, man....that wouldn't work.....

Imagine this:
Ken vs. ...........Mario!?
Ken KILLS Mario.
Game over.

Wild Female Machoke
15th August 2003, 02:17 PM
Don't worry, Octillery. I felt the same way as you do since I joined this forum. (Call me crazy, but in some of my artwork I like to place Pokémon with Capcom characters. I don't know why, but I think they looked good together.)

But Nintendo vs. Capcom? LOL I don't think that would happen although I do want to see Peach, Zelda, and Samus get into a catfight with some of the Capcom gals. :D

tropius12
15th August 2003, 08:06 PM
capcom all the way!!! ive been playing every street fighter game i could get my hands on since i was 9 (or 10). Street Fighter rulez!!!