PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] best moves for these pokes?

Nequam Goth
10th August 2003, 01:42 PM
Emperor [nidoking]
lv.32
trash
double kick
horn attack
(cant remember)

want him to be my surfer (maybe strength too?)

Atelanta [butterfree]
lv.30
Confusion
Gust
Supersonic
poisonpowder

dunno what i can do with her, but i wanna keep her in the team

E-zard [charmeleon]
lv.30
Cut
Ember
Scratch
Rage

to become a charizard and my flyer and flamer

I have yellow, and am inside of the dark cave,
i trew the pika at level7 into the box, dunt want it o-x

I'm thinking of making the eevee a team member too, whats the best evo i can pick?

RaZoR LeAf
10th August 2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Nequam Goth
Emperor [nidoking]
lv.32
trash
double kick
horn attack
(cant remember)

want him to be my surfer (maybe strength too?)

Atelanta [butterfree]
lv.30
Confusion
Gust
Supersonic
poisonpowder

dunno what i can do with her, but i wanna keep her in the team

E-zard [charmeleon]
lv.30
Cut
Ember
Scratch
Rage

to become a charizard and my flyer and flamer

I have yellow, and am inside of the dark cave,
i trew the pika at level7 into the box, dunt want it o-x

I'm thinking of making the eevee a team member too, whats the best evo i can pick?

OK. I'm assuming you want to keep all these pokemon on your team, so i'll work with them. You did a good job loosing Piakchu, it wont help you much anyway, and it's annoying too. For an Eeveelution you'll not need Flareon since you already have Charizard. Jolteon is pretty good but only learns a few attacks that are useful in the game (albiet, Thunder Wave and Thunderbolt), so i'd say go with Vaporeon. You can teach that Surf and open an extra spot for Nidoking.

Now for some moves. Nidoking is physical but also learns some special moves, so I suggest fitting him out with Earthquake definatly, it'll go off his own Ground type for STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) and do some heavy damage. Now for the other moves you'll be best off with Blizzard, Thunderbolt, and a physical attack, perhaps Body Slam.

Butterfree doesn't have a large move base, but fortunatly, the moves we can give it wont interfere with anything else. Hopefully. I suggest letting it learn either Stun Spore or Sleep Powder, maybe even both, they can both come in useful. Mega Drain works well with it. It wont do alot of damage, but the restored health helps. For the last spot you'll want Psychic. But that depends on what other pokemon you choose. You can always try Reflect.

Charizard, might provide some problems seeing as we've given Quake to Nidoking. But not to worry, if you want to give it Fly that helps fill a spot. Flame Thrower works better than Fire Blast in the long run, it's PP wont run out on you. Then you can fill Char's other spaces with Slash (a nice physical attack) and possibly Reflect again. You can buy Reflect in Celadon Store so no worries there.

Vaporeon is an excellent water type, so be sure to teach it Surf. Along with that go for Focus Energy (it works in Yellow) and Ice Beam. A last move can be Acid Armor for defence, or even Reflect again.

For your last two spots, you may want to consider a strong Normal type to pack with heavy moves and a Psychic type to back up with a strong Special workload.

Reply back with any ideas you had planned for the last 2 spots and we can help.

Nequam Goth
11th August 2003, 05:03 AM
thanx n_n ill work out those moves on the pokes but butterfree, i made if forget stun and sleep.... *bad me*
and the eevee, my neighbor (who owns the gb and yellow) made it a jolteon x_x
anyways, what normals would be good? tauros? snorlax maybe?

and i just caught mew, training it and stuff, mew's psy right so that would fill right ^^;