PDA

View Full Version : Ruby/Sapphire Challenge

DarkBlastoise
11th August 2003, 01:54 AM
well, I went to the one in San Diego on Sun. (Aug.9th), and got 2nd in the 11-14 division (w00t), prize: Sapphire for GBA, and a Deck Box for EX (*ka-ching*)

anyways, I wanted to post my current Ne-On Deck:

Primal Metal
~~~~~~~~

Pokemon:
3x Skyridge Omastar
3x Skyridge Omanyte (E-17)
4x Buried Fossil
3x Cleffa
1x Elekid
2x AQ Scyther (D-10)
2x AQ Scizor

Trainers:
3x Prof. Elm
3x Copycat
4x Gold Berry
3x Double Gust
2x Pokemon Trader
2x Underground Lake
1x Healing Field
2x Power Charge
1x Pokemon Fan Club
2x Town Volunteers

Energy:
1x Rainbow Energy
3x Recycle Energy
4x Metal Energy
11x Water Energy

Considerations:

The Rainbow can be replaced (because I dont run Steelix now), and perhaps the Fan Club, but I like using it in a pinch, so post your opinions

hobbs
11th August 2003, 04:45 PM
Congrats on doing so well in the tournament.

For the deck, I'd do this:
-1 Water
-1 Town Volunteers
+1 Pokemon Trader/PFC
+1 Professor Elm

That ounce of extra draw goes a long way. Looks good.

DarkBlastoise
11th August 2003, 09:01 PM
trust me Hob-sters, the 3-3-3 Draw line works WELL for me, but since I DID drop Steelix, I could kill a Water for another PFC...

Roarkiller
12th August 2003, 05:41 AM
U mean the 3-3 draw line. I use a 3-3-2, as in elm-bill-copycat.

San Diego? WPM went there too, ya know.

Water Pokemon Master
12th August 2003, 01:43 PM
San Diego? WPM went there too, ya know.
We know who each other are.

DarkBlastoise
12th August 2003, 05:59 PM
actually I count Cleffa, but thats just me, and yeah, WPM is a cool guy, and I wouldve liked to have faced him but didnt get the chance

Water Pokemon Master
12th August 2003, 06:21 PM
Maybe if you go to Chrisbo's league on Saturday we can battle. Unfortunately, by smallest, meaniest, brattiest, and most spoliedest youngest brother ruined my decks. I was organizing all of my cards last night and had taken all of my decks out of their sleeves to put new ones on and he smacked them all off the table and into all of my common and uncommon cards that were in a bag, then shaked the bag and threw them on the floor. So, I have decided to make a completely new deck and can play you with it. Hopefully you can come.

Roarkiller
13th August 2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
Maybe if you go to Chrisbo's league on Saturday we can battle. Unfortunately, by smallest, meaniest, brattiest, and most spoliedest youngest brother ruined my decks. I was organizing all of my cards last night and had taken all of my decks out of their sleeves to put new ones on and he smacked them all off the table and into all of my common and uncommon cards that were in a bag, then shaked the bag and threw them on the floor. So, I have decided to make a completely new deck and can play you with it. Hopefully you can come.

Ouch :o U know, u shold arrange them in boxes instead of a bag. I keep mine in a 2 shoeboxes except the rares, which goes in a file. And a copy of every promo i have plus SI in the SI file, kept nice and mint.

Water Pokemon Master
13th August 2003, 01:31 PM
They were all packed in layers of paper rapped with a rubber band. But, I took everything off them and just kept them straight up in their piles in the bag before I was going to go and get a box downstairs. Right now, I am just trying to organize them into their sets. Then I am going to get the box and put them in there. I still have 600+ cards to organize. Before, they were just organized into the order I got them.

DarkBlastoise
15th August 2003, 01:28 AM
er that sucks, but oh yeah, what time is it at?...

Water Pokemon Master
15th August 2003, 02:04 AM
10am to something. Chrisbo said people start to slowly stroll in at 10:30, though.