PDA

View Full Version : Fairy/Spellcaster RMD!! (YGO of course)

The Muffin Man
13th August 2003, 12:23 AM
//Monsters(21)
2|Psv|Wingweaver
3|Lon|Hysteric Fairy
~Originally only 2, but I slimmed down some cards to 2 and added a third.
3|Mp1|Goddess of Whim
~Do NOT bash Goddess. Great card if you can get the flip. Imagine this. Gemini Elf is out, are they really gonna wanna let La Jinn destroy it and lose a monster? Either way, if I can keep it safe for a turn or so, if all else fails I can just flip it into defense mode if the flip fails...I've more-often-than-not gotten 3 1900 monsters(Goddess x2 and a Gemini Elf)
2|Mrl|Banisher of the Light
3|Lon|Gemini Elf
1|Lod|Injection Fairy Lily
2|Lob|Spirit of the Harp
2|Mrd|Magician of Faith
1|Sdd|Sinister Serpent
~This really helps get Moisture Creatures effect to work...I'm really thinking of ditching WingWeaver, too...
2|Pgd|Moisture Creature

//M/T (26)
1|Lob|Swords of Revealing Light
2|Mrd|Seven Tools of the Bandit
1|Lon|Mage Power
1|Lon|Magic Cylinder
3|Psv|Magic Drain
2|Mrd|Magic Jammer
1|Mrd|Mirror Force
1|Sdp|Monster Reborn
1|Lon|United We Stand
1|Sdj|Dark Hole
1|Tp3|Pot of Greed
1|Lob|Raigeki
1|Sdy|Change of Heart
2|Mrd|Solemn Judgment
1|Sdd|Harpie's Feather Duster
1|Pgd|Ring of Destruction
3|Mrl|Mystical Space Typhoon
2|Pgd|Mirage of Nightmare
~Obviously use Mirage of Nightmare and MST it on my opponents turn, or at the end of my draw phase(It's legal, don't hassle me.)

There you go. It's a Fairy/spellcaster deck, but it works surprisingly well as a serious deck. I was thinking of taking out a Hysteric Fairy and putting in Delinquint Duo or Confiscation...or maybe a Mirage and adding both. That way, with Banisher out, I'd be tearing their deck apart. An Exodia deck would be immedietly crippled if I Confiscated a piece and it was RFG...47 is a bit bigger than I want it to be, so any suggestions? I like having Drain AND Jammer. Neither has failed me. Maybe a Hysteric Fairy, and both Wing Weavers to make it a slim 44, but then I'd be adding Confiscate and Delinquint Duo for some hand/deck destruction with Banisher out, since there is no threat of that Blue Eyes getting Reborned.

Go ahead. Rate. Don't be too harsh.

Last Exile
13th August 2003, 02:57 AM
- 2 Wingweaver (Really, for a double tribute, they're pathetic!)
- 3 Goddess of Whim (Don't rely on chance in this game too much)
- 2 Moisture Creature

You can use Moisture Creature if you want, but personally I wouldn't. When the Magician force series comes out, fix your deck up with 3 Skilled Black Paladins (Secret Rare). They are going to be the best Level 4 monster ever, they're spellcasters, and they'll make the Dark Magician an absolute terror! :yes:

For now, run a couple of Kycoos instead.

And seriously, run Sangan and Witch of the Black Forest. I'd also put in Exiled Force and Cyber Jar.

I envy you having 3 Gemini Elfs though. ;)

Your m/t setup is very good though, Mike! :)

Just a few changes:

1. Mirage of Nightmare will be restricted to 1. Put in a Graceful Charity instead.

2. If you wanna keep Solemn Judgement, go for it, but personally I think it's too risky. Try to replace them with Imperial Order and Torrential Tribute.

3. I'd remove Seven Tools of the Bandit, your 3 Magic Drains and your 2 Magic Jammers. This may sound suicidal, but don't worry, m/t countering is useful but deck consuming. You need speed and to deal fast, heavy damage with this deck. Focus on messing up the enemy with your m/t instead.

That should be a 40 card deck with about a 1:1 ratio of monsters : m/t. Try running that.

The Muffin Man
13th August 2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
- 2 Wingweaver (Really, for a double tribute, they're pathetic!)
- 3 Goddess of Whim (Don't rely on chance in this game too much)
- 2 Moisture Creature
~Wingweaver is 2750. That's not pathetic for a double tribute but it'll still go, and Moisture Creature is 2800. With a HFD effect for 3 Tributes. And do not diss the Goddess until you've tried it. It's reliable enough.

You can use Moisture Creature if you want, but personally I wouldn't. When the Magician force series comes out, fix your deck up with 3 Skilled Black Paladins (Secret Rare). They are going to be the best Level 4 monster ever, they're spellcasters, and they'll make the Dark Magician an absolute terror! :yes:
~This isn't a Dark Magician deck. I'll probably switch a few cards for DM and SDM just for the spellcaster theme. The 1900 attack will be a staple, even without DM.

For now, run a couple of Kycoos instead.
~No need.

And seriously, run Sangan and Witch of the Black Forest. I'd also put in Exiled Force and Cyber Jar.
~Some space was needed, so I cut back the Witch and Sangan, and this is not a Warrior deck. And Jar's not really a staple for a beatdown like this IMO.

I envy you having 3 Gemini Elfs though. ;)

Your m/t setup is very good though, Mike! :)

Just a few changes:

1. Mirage of Nightmare will be restricted to 1. Put in a Graceful Charity instead.
~I'm thinking of ditching Mirage totally, and I overlooked GC..

2. If you wanna keep Solemn Judgement, go for it, but personally I think it's too risky. Try to replace them with Imperial Order and Torrential Tribute.
~No TT. I want to keep my monsters on the field. And

3. I'd remove Seven Tools of the Bandit, your 3 Magic Drains and your 2 Magic Jammers. This may sound suicidal, but don't worry, m/t countering is useful but deck consuming. You need speed and to deal fast, heavy damage with this deck. Focus on messing up the enemy with your m/t instead.
~I need to deal fast heavy damage...yet you want me to leave myself open to Mirror Force, and Raigeki?

That should be a 40 card deck with about a 1:1 ratio of monsters : m/t. Try running that.

Actually I like to run a 40-45 card deck unless it's got too little good cards and needs 50 or so(my machine deck, for example)

Last Exile
13th August 2003, 09:25 PM
Well, you've got 3 Mystic Space Typhoons and Harpie's Feather Duter. That's enough. Champion decks don't run Magic Jammer or Seven Tools of the Bandit. They're handy but costly. Rmemeber, speed is the key. The longer the duel goes, the more of an effect chance can have.

Zombie
13th August 2003, 09:46 PM
I think you should add two Airknights instead of Weaver.

The Muffin Man
13th August 2003, 10:31 PM
I actually prefer my duels to go long with me as a winner. I once held some kid off for 40 turns(20 per person, so we had about half our decks drawn) and I was ahead by about 2000 LP. The thing is, I could have finished him whenever I felt like it. I just didn't wanna tribute the 2 Gemini's for a Wingweaver, and reborn my other Wingweaver to finish him. I eventually did, though, but I like to make my opponent worry as to why I'm not worried when the games going on long.

Last Exile
14th August 2003, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Airnight Parshath is a good card.

Red Angel
14th August 2003, 03:00 PM
2|Psv|Wingweaver - Cut both. Having 4 2-tibute monsters is basically suicide.
3|Mp1|Goddess of Whim - Well, if you really want to... it's fun, but not tournament-worthy.
2|Mrl|Banisher of the Light - you have this AND MoF? they kinda contradict each other, doncha think?
2|Mrd|Magician of Faith -See above.
2|Pgd|Moisture Creature -If you really want that much M/T destruction, knock yourself out.
1|Lon|Mage Power - I find that it's not really worth the deck space, but if you want , it's better than anything else out there (except UWS)
3|Psv|Magic Drain -OK, first things first, you NEED an Imperial order... they're not too hard to get, and vastly superior.
I'd cut 2 Drains and add 1 Imperial Order.
3|Mrl|Mystical Space Typhoon -are you sure 3 are needed? I side-deck one, and my only other M/T destruction is Heavy Storm, and I rarely have probalems.
2|Pgd|Mirage of Nightmare - First of all, it will be restricted to 1, so cut one of them. Second, I'd personally just use a Graceful Charity instead, but it's your call.

If I werte you, I'd find room for Waboku. They're just absolutely AMAZING, especially since they're chainable to M/T destruction.