PDA

View Full Version : A New Misty Special! AN ACTUAL ONE!

Serebii of SPP
13th August 2003, 08:41 AM
Hey Guys

It was recently emerged that there was another Misty Special. This one airs on the 2nd of September and features Misty and Casey aswell as Butch & Cassidy.

It is called:

S12: The Seriousness of Misty's Match! Risk A Life!?

Theres a pic on my site of it to confirm

master jao
13th August 2003, 09:15 AM
it's not that often that we have at least a title mentioning the dangers involved by a match. perhaps this one will be good... I hope so anyway!
any information about the storyline?

RJdude
13th August 2003, 09:16 AM
Whoa, you mean there's actually a real one? Wow, we haven't seen one of those in a while. And this one looks good.

And although I have made this prediction many times, I will have to say that this time, I truely think that Togepi will evolve. If Misty is going to put her life on the line for something (as indicated by the title) I think her Togepi will see the ergency of the situation and evolve. It's way overdue for it.

And Casey's in it too, I hope she stops singing that stupid Electabuzz song. I wonder what Pokemon she's gotten since then. I see she still has Meganium.

Mikey
13th August 2003, 10:50 AM
Sounds like a good one, thanks Joe.

Anyways, It seems like Butch and Cassidy will infiltrate Misty's Gym before Casey can challenge her or something, then she has to battle them to save them gym.

SuperSonic
13th August 2003, 12:53 PM
Hey the life risking could even be tracy's scyther, i mean that things pretty old. It breathes hevily everytime it comes out and its all frazzled and stuff. Well Tracy might not even be in this anyway. Who knows whose life is on the line. Could be anyone. Maybe even the viewers........... Hope that doesn't mean seizures.

Chris 2.1
16th August 2003, 06:34 PM
Nice, great work Joe!

I thought Casey would return, I said in the thread about the last fake spoiler. You know, that last special was probably an early stab at this one's title...cos B&C are in (Dang, they're less evil now :()

Im glad Caseys' in, her last appearence made her a lot more mature, and she seems pretty cool IMO. I hope we see something other than Meganium, I like 'em, but I mean COME ON! What happened to Beedrill? (I refuse to accept she has Pidgey and Rattata still, IMO that symbolised the rookieness of her to begin with), Elekid (am i pronouncing it wrong or is it the VA's?) or something else gnarly.

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 11:14 PM
This is actually pretty good. They're trying to keep Misty alive. Since May is replacing Misty, Misty is getting lot less of showtime so by making most of these specials based on Misty is a good idea.

DigiPokeMon
20th August 2003, 08:09 PM
According to Serebii.net Misty sisters (Daisy, Violet and Lilly) return to find a very busy Gym. It is not known if this means Misty leaves the Gym to find Ash or What else

This special will also have Butch/Cassidy, Tracy, Cassy and Dr Numba

Light_Togetic
21st August 2003, 11:41 AM
I really hope Casey has matured a bit. For some reason she's always gotten on my nerves. But since she has a really cool pokemon (Meganium), I'm willing to accept her.;)

As for the Risk A Life!? thing, I'm not going to make any guesses because I'm usually totally off on those things. ^^;;

But anyway, I really like the idea of having episodes that include other characters not in the spotlight in AG. I hope that KidsWB, 4Kids, and whoever else is involved actually SHOWS them here (unlike the Raikou special).

Hanada Tattsu
25th August 2003, 11:51 AM
Heh, thanks Joe. Yay! Another Misty special!

Wow, Cassidy and Butch are back, what will they have this time? And Dr. Nanba is always good, and Tracey and Casey make an appearence, this is great!

Wow, I guess the life on the line is prolly the gym. OO;;

And if Misty's sisters come back, then, then, MISTY MAY COME TO HOENN!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
26th August 2003, 12:16 AM
We all agree, it would be great to have Misty in Hooen. I hope she will go there now that her sisters are back.

About the translation of the title, TVTOKYO gives this in Japanese:

Kasumi Shinkenshoobu! Inochi Kakemasu!?

Shin is real
Ken is sword
Shoo is victory
Bu is defeat
Inochi is life
Kakeru is to bet
-masu is the polite/formal masu-ending

Jim Breen's WWWJDIC Server gives shinkenshoobu this definition:

´fighting with real swords; game played in real earnest´

*Imagines Misty brandishing a katana*

Beautiful.

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2003, 11:17 AM
Okay, I think Misty is gonna have a battle with Casey, and then Cassidy and Butch break in again with Dr. Nanba, and Tracey somehow gets in, they kick Team Rocket out, and then Misty's sisters come to see the gym busy, and then Misty (hopefully) heads for Hoenn!

Scyther2015
26th August 2003, 05:09 PM
Well, if Misty's sisters are coming back...then it seems Misty's coming back to the group! :D

Hanada Tattsu
26th August 2003, 06:13 PM
Yeah, and there's even more evidence that Misty is coming back with the latest Japanese episode title, which you can find at another thread in this forum. Maybe, and hopefully, she will return!

Mikachu Yukitatsu
27th August 2003, 08:27 AM
TVTOKYO has now a prewiev of this eppie. I saved a picture of it here...

http://www.edu.haapavesi.fi/~mitanska/KasumiShinKenShooBu.jpg

...and translated the text:

September 2th broadcast

This time the broadcast is giving a new anime production. A noisy comedy starring Kasumi.

New anime production [Kasumi Fighting With Real Swords! Bet A Life!?]

Kasumi, the Water Pokémon Master, is Hanada Gym Gym Leader. She help her big sisters, who are mostly absent, and takes care of ther gym.

When Kasumi is doing this, Nanako appears. It seems like Nanako is heading for Hanada Marine Stadium in order to cheer Erebuuzu, the baseball team which she loves. By considence, they happen to be in the same place and they both are happy to see again for a long time.

However, soon afterwards, Kasumi recieves a written challenge from a mysterious man. It read that they will do a battle where a life is bet. Naturally, Gym Leader Kasumi is not going to escape and decides to go to meet that man.

So finally they start the battle where [A Life Is Bet]. But there appear Team Rocket's Yamato and Kosaburoo. With also Nanako joining in, the battle becomes intense...

Nanako=Casey
Erebuuzu=Electabuzz
Yamato and Kosaburoo=Butch and Cassidy

Though I translated the title in a different way, I still think this is a normal Pokémon battle. Somehow I do not see Misty doing kendo in an offical Pokémon episode:rolleyes:

Chris 2.1
27th August 2003, 09:00 AM
That translation is cool........

I'm looking forward to this, although I'll never see it 0_0;; but it sounds pretty cool IMHO. ... Speechless!

Hanada Tattsu
27th August 2003, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the summary, but it truly is freaky.

I think it's gonna be a double battle, with Misty and Casey versus Cassidy and Butch. But what roles do Tracey and Dr. Nanba play?

Chris 2.1
27th August 2003, 07:01 PM
But what roles do Tracey and Dr. Nanba play?

I think Tracey will just have visited for the day, like in the last Misty Special, OR an actually good excuse would be to give Kingler, Marill and Totodile some water excercise cos Oak doesn't have a pool...although he shouldnt have to travel across three cities...... 0_0;;

AKA Pokemon Fan
27th August 2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
I think Tracey will just have visited for the day, like in the last Misty Special, OR an actually good excuse would be to give Kingler, Marill and Totodile some water excercise cos Oak doesn't have a pool...although he shouldnt have to travel across three cities...... 0_0;;
What do you mean? Oak's research ground has at least a few large ponds.

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 10:01 AM
Yeah, but Tracey's excuse could be that Kingler, Marill, and Totodile wanted to visit Misty, so that's why they came over. I think that would work, no?

Light_Togetic
28th August 2003, 11:00 AM
How about the poor guy just wants to see his friend? He always has to hang out with Professor Oak and Delia. Ash and co. are in Hoenn, so there's no way Tracey can visit them. Before they were in Johto, another place too far away. So now that Misty is just a few cities away, he can finally see one of his friends.

Hanada Tattsu
28th August 2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
How about the poor guy just wants to see his friend? He always has to hang out with Professor Oak and Delia. Ash and co. are in Hoenn, so there's no way Tracey can visit them. Before they were in Johto, another place too far away. So now that Misty is just a few cities away, he can finally see one of his friends.

Yeah, but if he really wanted to see Ash, Proffesor Oak could let Tracey know whenever he talks to Ash so he can say hi to his old friend, I suppose.

Nikku-San
29th August 2003, 01:40 PM
Wow, this sounds like a great episode! And even better is the news of Misty going to Hoenn. It sounds like that is when Togepi will evolve, by the title.

Slightly off topic: What do you think will become of the specials when AG hits American shores? Will they be counted as part of the season, counted as special episodes or possibly released on video/dvd at a later time. But it takes 4Kids so long to get anything out on video/dvd...

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th August 2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Slightly off topic: What do you think will become of the specials when AG hits American shores? Will they be counted as part of the season, counted as special episodes or possibly released on video/dvd at a later time. But it takes 4Kids so long to get anything out on video/dvd...
The best option IMO would be for them to be released on DVD, the only reason being that that way we could get more episodes dubbed for the season.

The most likely option though is that they will air as regular episodes. After all, they are as long as normal episodes, show off new Pokemon, and contribute tot he plot.

Hanada Tattsu
29th August 2003, 02:34 PM
Most people know of the thirteen specials of Hoso, but they don't know that before the specials are clipshows, and those are part of Hoso. I doubt, unfortunately, that they won't be released. =(

Mainly, because of the fact that he specials, well, they may confuse the little kids, and also the kiddies will be sad that there is no Pikachu. :D