PDA

View Full Version : non-202 team.

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 03:59 PM
yeah... *looks at ye olde team list on computer* WTF??? i don't have a team named BOO-YAH!!! ? this is a TRAVESTY!!!

>/\/\/\< wobba!
/\
|
|
|
it's wobbuffet ^_^;;

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs349.png
~ancientpower
~glare
~ice beam
~return/headbutt
@ leftovers
+attack, -speed
trait : angel blessing DROOOOOL

eat dunsparce. everyone : no thanks. anyway, with angel blessing... dunsparce will 0wn j00. look at it, it's so... cute ^_^; hmmm, what's its japanese name? just asking.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs301.png
~agility
~beak slash
~overheat
~sunny day
@ charcoal
no stat changes
trait : pressure

oh dear lord. sunny day, overheat, switch out, rinse, repeat. drool. agility makes it a good sweeper, beak slash to take advantage of stab and good attack (i miss you mimictres). another option is leftovers + protect (over agility), but if charcoal made a difference on a fire blast in gsc...

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs144.png
~cosmos power
~ice beam
~recover
~thunderbolt
@ leftovers
+special attack, -attack
trait : misfortune or healing nature - what do they do?

yeah... whose idea was it to make starmie a tank? o_O;; isn't really hurt if sunny day is in when i switch it in... just against solarbeam, and, like, not many people use that (ponyta and rapidash can now get it. heh.)...

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs378.png
~crunch
~enlighten
~rest
~thunderbolt
@ leftovers
+defense, -attack

whoever decided to give raikou and suicune enlighten was, like, dumb. "hey, they're not overused quite enough." also, the person who gave skarmory spikes. but anyway. boring and seemingly standard (already ^_^), but yeah. works.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs118.png
~earthquake
~fire blast/dragon claw
~screech
~shadow ball
@ leftovers
no stat changes
trait : floating

immune to ground moves? resistant to rock moves? thank you SO much. shadow ball = filler-y. which special attack? they both have the same power (well, on him, since dragon claw is stabbed)... or something totally different?

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs136.png
~combo
~earthquake
~rock slide/ancientpower
~swords dance
@ leftovers
+special defense, -special attack
trait : kabuto armor

his name is aamurudo. that sounds like murder, sort of. HAHAHAHAHAHA HE IS GOING TO MURDER YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... sorry. anyway, best. fossil. evar. i like yureidoru and all but... can't compare. neither can kabutops and omastar. ^_^ combo is here to make up for the lack of fighting moves on this team, but if spikes gets popular (damn you, skarmory. damn you, rozeria. damn you, nokutasu.) i may replace it with rapid spin. also, he should be dragon/steel. look at 'im!

kthnxr8bye.

The Muffin Man
26th December 2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Madelyn151
yeah... *looks at ye olde team list on computer* WTF??? i don't have a team named BOO-YAH!!! ? this is a TRAVESTY!!!

>/\/\/\< wobba!
/\
|
|
|
it's wobbuffet ^_^;;

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs349.png
~ancientpower
~glare
~ice beam
~return/headbutt
@ leftovers
+attack, -speed
trait : angel blessing DROOOOOL

eat dunsparce. everyone : no thanks. anyway, with angel blessing... dunsparce will 0wn j00. look at it, it's so... cute ^_^; hmmm, what's its japanese name? just asking.
~You're gonna need that trait, this thing has nothing else going for it besides HP, but sacrificing what little speed it has? For 262 attack? Don't expect to beat anything with this. Horrible pokemon. And why the hell are you bothering with Glare and Ice Beam together. You can Freeze, or PAR..."oh but his stats will increase more often!" - If he survives 2 turns, and it's not guaranteed. Pick another pokemon, please.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs301.png
~agility
~beak slash
~overheat
~sunny day
@ charcoal
no stat changes

oh dear lord. sunny day, overheat, switch out, rinse, repeat. drool. agility makes it a good sweeper, beak slash to take advantage of stab and good attack (i miss you mimictres). another option is leftovers + protect (over agility), but if charcoal made a difference on a fire blast in gsc...
~It made not much of a dent, but do as you wish. Your waste of an item spot. Stats aren't horrible, but I can guarantee by the time you SD they'll have a Rock Type ready. Agility will end up getting it slaughtered, lose it for Safeguard or Return.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs144.png
~cosmos power
~ice beam
~recover
~thunderbolt
@ leftovers
+special attack, -attack
trait : misfortune or healing nature - what do they do?

yeah... whose idea was it to make starmie a tank? o_O;; isn't really hurt if sunny day is in when i switch it in... just against solarbeam, and, like, not many people use that (ponyta and rapidash can now get it. heh.)...
~Misfortune I believe makes it easier for wild pokemon to appear, so I assume you'll use Nature Heal. Ok then...Cosmo Power is cheap with Recover. Go ahead and show us how cheap you can be.
Oh and remember - Starmie is on the lower end of the spectrum. There are ALOT stronger pokemon now...so be warned of average defense. It won't hop up to 999 immedietly.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs378.png
~crunch
~enlighten
~rest
~thunderbolt
@ leftovers
+defense, -attack

whoever decided to give raikou and suicune enlighten was, like, dumb. "hey, they're not overused quite enough." also, the person who gave skarmory spikes. but anyway. boring and seemingly standard (already ^_^), but yeah. works.
~Even with 273 defense, it's STILL weak to GROUND...Reflect over Enlighten. Enlighten may be nasty, but the new pokemon are alot stronger than many oldies. The damage from a Metagurosu(since you seem to find him rather common) with Earthquake is between 191 and 231, which is a big chunk of Raikous life. Next turn, you T-Bolt, or rest, either way you're dead soon. A CH WILL OHKO a Raikou. With it's Attack boosted - 216, 253. Ouch. And of course, if you used Reflect - the max is 126, with a CH it's still only 253 max. The Reflect statistics are with Meta's attack boosted 10%. Anyway, Reflect will save your butt. Alot.

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs118.png
~earthquake
~fire blast/dragon claw
~screech
~shadow ball
@ leftovers
no stat changes
trait : floating

immune to ground moves? resistant to rock moves? thank you SO much. shadow ball = filler-y. which special attack? they both have the same power (well, on him, since dragon claw is stabbed)... or something totally different?
~Wow, it's resistant to Rock and immune to ground, and only 4x weak to ice attacks! ...Seriously now. Don't get so excited. Special Attack is only 259, so go with Dragon Claw, as there will bound to be alot of Boomanda appearing. Screech is risky. Maybe just put Fireblast THERE...

http://pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs136.png
~combo
~earthquake
~rock slide/ancientpower
~swords dance
@ leftovers
+special defense, -special attack
trait : kabuto armor

his name is aamurudo. that sounds like murder, sort of. HAHAHAHAHAHA HE IS GOING TO MURDER YOU HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... sorry. anyway, best. fossil. evar. i like yureidoru and all but... can't compare. neither can kabutops and omastar. ^_^ combo is here to make up for the lack of fighting moves on this team, but if spikes gets popular (damn you, skarmory. damn you, rozeria. damn you, nokutasu.) i may replace it with rapid spin. also, he should be dragon/steel. look at 'im!
~Combo is good to get through barriers, Earthquake is good for power, Swords Dance is obscene, and Specials are low, but with SD+ it's better. Being immune to Criticals is mean, but pretty good. Careful of special-attackers. I'd go with Rock Slide.

kthnxr8bye.

Meh. I give this team a 7/10. Dunsparce is really weighing you down, Raikou's kinda weakened, Moltres and Starmie aren't too great either. All the older pokemon seem weaker.

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 05:54 PM
you hurt dunsparce's feelings. :( he is the only set on this team i actually really like (besides aamurudo)... although i didn't notice the glare + ice beam problem... heh oops. i are dumb.

agility always worked for moltres for me *shrug*

meh, starmie doesn't exactly scream "staying power", i agree, but in rby, he stood up to a whole hell of a lot... and the metagame there was pretty offensive-based ^_^; i wouldn't say he's at the "lower edge of the spectrum" though... recover, good speed, good special attack

raikou... well, reflect will be considered, but it's not going to exactly save it from meta or anything. and yes, meta is super-used.

furaigon... ooh, he has weaknesses. oh no. not that. he's mostly on this team because he's cool. the fact that he's immune to earthquake and resistant to rock slide is just a nice side effect.

but i agree, older pokemon do seem terribly weak =\ oh well, couldn't make a 386 team with all new pokes, now could i? thanks for the rate, but dunsparce is going to cry now ^_^;

The Muffin Man
26th December 2002, 06:52 PM
*huggles Dunsparce and Mady*:( I'm sorry.

Fire Blast would help the Ice weakness on Furaigon ALOT. Reflect will indeed save it. It may not make this huge difference, but doubled defense on anything that's out is one hell of a use.

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
*huggles Dunsparce and Mady*:( I'm sorry.

Fire Blast would help the Ice weakness on Furaigon ALOT. Reflect will indeed save it. It may not make this huge difference, but doubled defense on anything that's out is one hell of a use.

it's okay. :) yeah, reflect is helpful for like normal moves and crap, and the rest of the team... but enlighten is just so... drool... maybe reflect over rest? i mean, i have no heal beller (not my style), and i don't think raikou, even with +defense, can survive 2-3 turns. the problem is, combo = common. dragon claw for boomanda is definitely a good idea, though. screech could help on the switch too... just switch in aamurder (=P) and kill kill kill.

dunsparce (and i) forgive you. it's nice to get criticism on a team for once, actually (better than nothing). it was basically just, like, i like dunsparce ^_^ and starmie is not a lower-tier pokemon. dunsparce is, perhaps. ^_^;;

Scythemantis
26th December 2002, 08:40 PM

>/\/\/\< wobba!

I came up with that on my own back when his name was still Soonansu! :P

I like dunsparce too. Everyone else considers it crap not just in power but in looks, concept, and everything. I found it cool from the start, though, because it's supposed to be one of those animals that's blind and colorless from living deep underground... AND it's cute.

Azura Stardust
26th December 2002, 08:56 PM
dunsparce's japa name = nokkochi

I think Dunsparce might be better for a nonserious team, or to be made into a plushie :o Its cool how you gave him a set suited to his characteristic :D

Furaigon is very cute, maybe DClaw since Fire Blast won't help against meanie Water things with Ice Moves :< meh, Ice Beem...

Moltres like Mike said may not have enough time to set up, it being a natural Rock type magnet :x

Starmie ;.; not Starmie again. Um anyway Starmie has such dong standardness reeking from it (no offence) but mebbe you could um try something else. I mean its a tried-and-tested poke kinda thing but.. meh :*

Raikou: like Mike said. Suicune looks better than Raikou ]:> but meh. No need for enlighten, I guess. Reflect's helping against ground types. Heck, ground type things are getting powerful,.

Arrrr-murder-you: anything :)

my team rating skills are non existant so sorry if you expected a proper one :x

Runpapa
26th December 2002, 08:56 PM
Traitor...:mad: You're supposed to love Yureidoru NO MATTER WHAT. I'll take revenge against your Aamurudo. I swear!

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Runpapa
Traitor...:mad: You're supposed to love Yureidoru NO MATTER WHAT. I'll take revenge against your Aamurudo. I swear!

but yureidoru's on my other team. they both 0wn, though. blow kabutops and omastar out of the water, and i loved those guys.

Runpapa
26th December 2002, 09:45 PM
Well........okay. But ONLY becuz you're still using Yureidoru. There's never room for Jell-O.

GR-Gligar
27th December 2002, 06:48 AM
-With Angel Blessing he's quite a formidable opponent, thanks to his nice Juicy-ish HP, give him Ice Beam, Ancientpower, Return, Screech(can't think of anything else, I'd recommend H-Drill, but they were rare handy-outty ones).

-I never Liked Starmie or Moltres, bah humbug!

-ew, Raikou is Teh suckiest! I OHKO-ed one once with an E-Quake from Aerodactyl........Shameful creature really, replace it with an Electric type worthwhile, although the new roster of Electric types is much to be desired...go with Lantuurn! :-)

-I never knew Furaigon was so cool, I'm going to add him to my own team *adds* Steel Wing or Fire Blast for Ice Types, but Ice-type moves are alot more common than Ice type Pokémon,*points to about every single water type with a decent moveset*

-Go with Rockslide on Scorpio over there, with STAB AND sword's dance.. yum! This makes me wonder if you should give Dunsparce Glare for PAR support... *ponders*

Myth
27th December 2002, 06:49 AM
Dunsparce
Ancientpower
Glare
Reckless!
Return
~Leftovers

Reckless is neat.

or

Enlighten
IceBeam
Thunderbolt
Glare

With his trait he is uuber....

Moltres
SunnyDay
Overheat
Roar
BeakSlash
~Leftovers

Roar>Agility. Maybe steel wing?, or the standard HP Grass.

Raikou
Thunderbolt
Enlighten
Crunch
Rest
~Mintberry

Mesa thinks minty rest is bettar.

Starmie
Reflect
Surf
IceBeam/Psychic
Recover
~Leftovers

That's what I would go. Reflect will definitely help your other pogeymans. Surf is teh like greatest . Your set is good, but I think it lacks power.

Furaigon
Screech
Earthquake
DragonClaw/Dragonbreath(hey it has paralysis)
FocusEnergy?/FireBlast/Secret power?
~leftovers

Really unsure, sorry.

aamurudo
SwordsDance
RockSlide
Earthquake
RapidSpin?/Drop feathers-Dark type attack which makes opp. lose item
~leftovers

Hope i helped

Scythemantis
27th December 2002, 02:41 PM
Pokemon like dunsparce and such are only useless against the players who (*violin music*) are so intent on winning, they sometimes don't even use pokemon they love!!! Sounds like a plot for the anime.

Some sort of character they meet in the episode: "Ash and his high pitched, girlish whining have taught me the error of my ways!!! I'll never abandon you for six deokishisus again, dunsparce! I ALWAYS LOVED YOU DEEP DOWN INSIDE!"

Then team rocket explodes into the horizon and misty stops brock from scoring again.... the narrator says something funny...ash goes on a killing spree with a machette... you know how it goes.

Wanderer
27th December 2002, 10:04 PM
Uh, disregard the first rating. I don't know why people bother saying old pokes have been weakened when the stats in the whole game are lower in general.

Dunsparce - I agree with some of what people said, and some I don't. Most pokes have their use, and this is certainly no different. For your personality, you'll want it more special defense or speed and less special attack. You can mix and match. It should work fine. Give it ancientpower if you're expecting to use it offensive and ice beam will be nice to have around. Watch out for synchronizers. Consider a fire attack as well to go for burns so the low defense is nulled.

You could go the paraflinch route as well, which isn't so bad really.

Glare, Ancientpower, Headbutt, Ice Beam ||Leftovers||

60% chance of flinch is nasty; don't listen to anyone that tells you otherwise. The set looks funny, but think about it. If you manage to paralyze something, you'll be able to attack consecuatively without challenge until your opponent switches-- which is excactly what you want. Then you can ice beam the pokemon that shows up and hope for the 20% freezing chance. If unsuccessful, run. If successful, fire off some ancientpowers and try for boostage. If you get a boost, sweet; if not, it doesn't really matter. Reckless is also a nice option. The fact is dunsparce is doing damage. It's not a sweeper, but it ain't a slouch either. If switched in wisely, dunsparce is a heck of an annoyer. So there.

Moltres: I've always hated moltres' survivability. Still, it can kick arse. Agility doesn't seem overly useful. As some girl said before, safeguard or return might be nice. I see what you're trying to do, but you need some versatility to sweep, unless you use some serious strategy to bump off the rock and water types before you even pull out this moltres. Even then, there are tons of dragons around. This set wouldn't be so hot. I would actually sacrifice some special attack for higher speed here. Soo...keep and away from the rocks, get some versatility.

Also note hot wind for two on two, which is 90 pwr and hits both opponents. Nice. :D

Starmie: Cosmo power is nice, and it's pretty much the best the star can do. I wonder if pseudopassing will make a comeback.

Raikou: Pressure characteristic is pure evil. I would actually consider protect rather than rest because of the annoyance it would bring opponents. Imagine those stupid metagurosu's trying to earthquake you only to get scouted and waste two pps. Then you switch to a flying type or flyer and there goes another e-quake pp. Three pps gone and nothing to show for it. Sweet. It's pretty funny when people mention scenarios involving electric types walking willingly into earthquakes. LOL! (omg, rhydon w/ earthquake like tottally pwns magneton.)

In any case, your personality should always have lowered attack and increased defense or speed, especially if you must have enlighten.

Thunderbolt, Crunch, Protect, Enlighten ||leftovers||

Feh.

Furaigon: It is a cool pokemon. Has a ton of resitances and almost as many weaknesses. Should be good for switch in against the ground guys. Should be fine with weezing expeted to see more play. At this point, I would just go with an offensive approach. Pound away with STAB

Earthquake, Fire Blast, Dragon Claw... something along those lines. Furaigon isn;'t very verstile, but it get sand fall, sandstorm, and toxic, which is intriguing, but I'm not sure it can work well. Anyway, sacrifice some attack for special attack to even things out. It could be fine left alone.

Aamurudo: Nice moveset, but go for rock slide. Looks good.
Good personality balance. No changes.

gg

Scizor Master
27th December 2002, 10:37 PM
Come on people! Dunsparce is mediocre at best. Don't make him into something he's not.

GR-Gligar
28th December 2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Scizor Master
Come on people! Dunsparce is mediocre at best. Don't make him into something he's not.

No, it's not true! I won't believe it! *runs away crying* Yes it's true that his stats are mediocre at best(bar his deliciousso HP) but his move versatility and his characteristic have given him new abilities and the way he can Learn Glare is a nice feature to compensate for his low speed.

Scizor Master
28th December 2002, 10:31 AM
No, it's not true! I won't believe it! *runs away crying* Yes it's true that his stats are mediocre at best(bar his deliciousso HP) but his move versatility and his characteristic have given him new abilities and the way he can Learn Glare is a nice feature to compensate for his low speed.

Wrong(imo). His stats are pathetic, his moves are what boost him to mediocre. But seriously, why do you people like Dunsparce? Looks like he got run over by a bike to me

Brain
28th December 2002, 11:09 AM
You do realize that Angel Blessing doubles the chance of side-effects happening, right?

Glare + Headbutt = opponent has 30% chance of attacking

The opponent will probably switch out, making Dunsparce a good pokemon to have in spiking teams.

There's also secret power, which has a 30% chance of a side-effect which depends on the battlefield. I think it induces paralysis in link battles. So... how neat does a damaging move with 60% chance of paralysis sound? I'd consider it instead of glare. And if there's a possibility to change field in link battles, and get a 60% chance of freezing or sleeping... yummy!

20% chance of AP boost isn't bad either. And Dunsparce after one AP boost is actually pretty good. If you take a look, there's also shadow ball (40% chance of sd down), rock smash (always decreases defense), water surge (40% chance of confusion), ice beam (20% chance of freezing), et cetera.

If you baton pass some speed to Dunsparce with Tekkanin or some other pokemon, it could become extremely annoying...

Madelyn151
28th December 2002, 11:31 AM
yup, DUNSPARCE 0WNZ!!! ... or not, but whatever. hey, it's cute, even if it does look like it got run over by a bike. i like the wings ^_^;;

GR-Gligar
28th December 2002, 12:04 PM
yup, DUNSPARCE 0WNZ!!! ... or not, but whatever. hey, it's cute, even if it does look like it got run over by a bike. i like the wings ^_^;;

Ah yes, the little wings, it's cute to see him attempt to fly when released in stadium!.....I mean,......(must retain masculinity)..:no:

Scizor Master
28th December 2002, 03:12 PM
You do realize that Angel Blessing doubles the chance of side-effects happening, right?

Glare + Headbutt = opponent has 30% chance of attacking

Except it's so slow and weak that many Pokemon with high attack stats can kill him in one shot, or at least very close. Like I said though, his characteristic and attacks boost him to mediocre

Brain
28th December 2002, 08:37 PM
Oh, come on, Dunsparce isn't THAT weak... It does resist Machamp's cross chop, and 90% attacks that aren't super effective against it deal less than 50%. Plenty of occasions to glare... and then leftovers do the job.

Scizor Master
28th December 2002, 10:28 PM
Heh, my Pokemon's regular attacks nearly kill him in one shot. And if he resists a Machamp's Cross Chop, that's a pretty bad Machamp

GR-Gligar
29th December 2002, 07:18 AM
Heh, my Pokemon's regular attacks nearly kill him in one shot. And if he resists a Machamp's Cross Chop, that's a pretty bad Machamp

He has Huge HP so he CAN withstand alot of attacks, leave the poor thing alone!

Azura Stardust
29th December 2002, 09:27 AM
There is nothing to say that Madelyn shouldn't use Dunsparce... people used Shuckle which was once thought of as a loser, because it had amazing defences but other than that, it sucked. Later it was used as a tanky kinda annoyance thing. Who knows, Dunsparce might get some limelight.

Besides, I don't think she intends to make this a really serious team, does she?

Brain
29th December 2002, 09:59 AM

Max attack Machamp versus max defense and max HP Dunsparce, calculated with a calculator.

Of course, in RS, you can't max all stats, but Dunsparce isn't really expected to be kept out against a Machamp anyway :)

Scythemantis
29th December 2002, 11:44 AM
All non-evolving or fully-evolved pokemon have some sort of use, except Unown. People just dislike dunsparce because they think it looks crappy and it has no particularly fantastic attacks, but it's not garbage.

Scizor Master
29th December 2002, 03:13 PM
There is nothing to say that Madelyn shouldn't use Dunsparce... people used Shuckle which was once thought of as a loser, because it had amazing defences but other than that, it sucked. Later it was used as a tanky kinda annoyance thing. Who knows, Dunsparce might get some limelight.

Besides, I don't think she intends to make this a really serious team, does she?

No! I'm not trying to talk her out of using it. I don't really use "serious" teams myself, I mean heck, I have an Ampharos, which NO ONE uses. I just personally dislike Dunsparce

Madelyn151
30th December 2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Scythemantis
All non-evolving or fully-evolved pokemon have some sort of use, except Unown. People just dislike dunsparce because they think it looks crappy and it has no particularly fantastic attacks, but it's not garbage.

not true.

onix in rby (okay, he could explode and do screech support and was faster than the other rock/grounds, but his other stats... uuuuugh). rabukasu (bean. that's its name, right?). rabukasu doesn't even have a good trait... it's just swim smoothly iirc.

scizor master, you're mean. =P

28 replies baby.

Raichu748
30th December 2002, 10:34 AM
It might just be me (and it probably is ~_~) but the only pokemon I [/i]might[/i] consider putting Fury Cutter on is Aarmurudo. In the E4, had I not killed him with Kyogre, he would have swept my team with it, no doubt. (it almost 1HKO'd on it's first turn, and it wasn't super effective!)

15, 30, 60, 120, 240

5 Turns= 465 damage. O_O (plus monstrous attack)

Now, I know there's lots of better moves, it won't always hit, etc. But it's something new and (IMO) fun. So :-p~~~

Cyber Dragon
30th December 2002, 10:52 AM
Just a confused me again... but can someone explain 'Heaven's Blessing' to me? All I know about it is that 'additional' effects from attacks happen 'more easily'

So is there a HUGE % rise in the freezing/paralyzing/poisoning/whatever effect of certain moves? Ancient Power's stat raise too too?

*drool*

By what % is it?

Edit: ACK, missed BrainStorm's post.

Forgot there was a 2nd page... :P

Anyway, I loove Dunsparce. Okayy? :)

Scizor Master
30th December 2002, 11:05 AM
Madelyn reminded me of something. That bean thing. Now that thing is MUCH dumber than Dunsparce. What's it for? To waste your time in wild battles? I don't get it.

Cyber Dragon
30th December 2002, 11:26 AM
THIS 'Bean' thing? - > http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs183.png

I ask the same. (0_0)

GR-Gligar
30th December 2002, 12:38 PM
Ah Yes, the Water bean thing... I thought it was a Pre-evo of Horsea to make the first 4 evolution chain thing, but no....
It's a hideous creation, I presume it's a bit of Plankton, and it's crap, Nuff said..... Oh god, it's too hideous to look at!

Madelyn151
30th December 2002, 12:48 PM
iirc, "angel's blessing" doubles the chance of a side effect happening. for example, ice beam has a 10% chance of freezing. with "angel's blessing", it's 20%. body slam paralyzes 60% of the time with "angel's blessing". etc. the only pokemon that get it are dunsparce, celebi, and jiraachi, again, iirc. which means that when they inevitably release the missing pokemon, you could have a very very very very very VERY evil ancientpower/psychic/baton pass/recover celebi.

and i thought the bean thing was a prevo of the first form of shizarigar (the lobster), because of its position in meowth's pokedex and its terrible stats. i don't know why it's there... i mean, at least the unown had an interesting story... it's like... ew.

Scizor Master
30th December 2002, 01:12 PM
I wanna squash it!!!!! Then again, maybe not....... might get some goo on my good Nikes;)

The Muffin Man
30th December 2002, 01:48 PM
are you sure it DOUBLES the chance, Madelyn, and not just Increases it by 10%? Remember, 2x Ice Beam, Blizzard, Tri Attack, and Ancient Powers effects is only 20%(still not good enough to BASE it on...) and even 40% can be a good portion of the time.

Scythemantis
30th December 2002, 02:22 PM
Because all life began in the sea, I had an idea ages ago (before even g/s) for a weak and simplistic water pokemon that could evolve into absolutely any non-water pokemon (determined at random when it reaches certain level). I know thats not what rabukasu does, but such a simple little thing woulda been perfect for my idea.

Raichu748
30th December 2002, 04:35 PM
Well, he's pretty fast anyway. >_<

You could give him Attract/Sweet Kiss/Double Team/Flail or Toxic? He could potentially be pretty annoying, and imagine the look of horror from your opponent when they realize that they were defeated by the little bean guy! X_X

Wanderer
31st December 2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Remember, 2x Ice Beam, Blizzard, Tri Attack, and Ancient Powers effects is only 20%(still not good enough to BASE it on...) and even 40% can be a good portion of the time.

You're talking like she's using it as a sweeper. As a simple annoyer meant to hang around when weak attakers like blissey and the like appear, It's better than most. A 20% chance of freezing is damn good when you're expecting your opponent to switch into it. (Unless it's a synchronizer.)

Don't Run With Scizors
31st December 2002, 03:08 AM
A 20% chance of freezing is damn good when you're expecting your opponent to switch into it. (Unless it's a synchronizer.)

Synchronize will only transfer the status effect if the effect is poison, burn, or paralysis - not freeze, sleep, etc.

As for Angel's Blessing - can you give me a source, Madelyn? I've been working on turning Netbattle into a RuSa simulator, but I don't have specific numbers and changes, like the one for Angel's Blessing, Water Storage, etc... I'd like to know the source, 'cause hopefully they have more of that info...

Madelyn151
31st December 2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Don't Run With Scizors
As for Angel's Blessing - can you give me a source, Madelyn? I've been working on turning Netbattle into a RuSa simulator, but I don't have specific numbers and changes, like the one for Angel's Blessing, Water Storage, etc... I'd like to know the source, 'cause hopefully they have more of that info... [/B]

it's just what i've heard... go to, like, azure or something, they probably know better than i do XP

i have to wonder... are there pokemon with no trait at all?

Rudoku
1st January 2003, 12:24 AM
I wonder why noone has mentioned Aipom or Yanyanma? They suck so much its not even funny.

Cyber Dragon
1st January 2003, 12:49 AM
Aipom is a baton-passing Pokemon. A moveset like Agility, Baton Pass, Protect and Spite would seem to help, but it's still so fragile... it's SO fragile and weak, offense is not an option.

Yanma... Endure, Return, Reversal and Screech is the only good moveset it can ever get IMO.

But it's not as bad as Ditto... well, maybe in league with it.

But Magikarp... X_X