PDA

View Full Version : The Strength To Overcome

Meganium
13th August 2003, 01:47 PM
After weeks of planning and preperation here it is,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Strength To Overcome~
-Chapter I-
<The Sand Stormer>

In the year 2004, Team Aqua tried to steal Kyorge but it all went terribly wrong when they disturbed him immensely. He became furious and made it poor down rain all the time until the Hoenn region was no more. It moved to Kanto but a mysterious trainer with an Electabuzz threw a purple and white ball at him. Emblazoned across it was a blue ‘M’. Kyorge was captured and with the swish of his cloak he was gone.

Its now 2005 and a sighting of the tip of a mountain was emerging. After 10 years a continent is fully appeared and the starts of settlement have appeared here and there. 10 years further there are now hundreds of towns and 10 gyms set up all over the new continent: Tajarno. The Tajarno League held once a year consists of a trainer collecting ten badges and competing for the title: Pokemon Master.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m sorry Jeremy, but your son’s Vulpix… has been… murdered,” said a fairly old man, he was in his early fifties and had wiry graying hair. He wore a plaid green and red sweater with khaki dress pants. He wore a white lab coat with a name sewed in curly cursive it read: Professor K. Liening.

“What… who… when… where?” muttered the lab assistant called Jeremy. He was wearing a red long-sleeved shirt and khaki dress pants. He wore an ankle length lab coat exactly like Professor Liening’s. The only difference was the curly cursive wrote: Professor J. Savage.

“What? Your son, Soni, his Vulpix was murdered. Who? It is still undetermined. When? Last Night. Where? In the reserve there was a bullet hole in his left thigh.”

“So, just order another Vulpix,” Savage said still bewildered at the thought of a Pokemon Murder.

“I’m sorry but they are fresh out,” said Liening, looking quite appalled at the fact a lab assistant spoke to him in the tone.

“Isn’t there any other pokemon left you can order?” Savage pleaded sympathetically.

“Well there is one other but…” Liening began but was softly interrupted by Savage.

“Order him, thank you Professor Liening oh and thank you for the belt and pokeballs, he’ll really like them,” Savage said walking out of the building.

He had a small black futuristic look on it, dangling were a blue and white ball. It had a red diamond that stretched from the back of the blue part to the front only in the center. Three green lines were visible in the front of the ball. It seemed to be magnetically attached to the belt, next to it was a green on top white on bottom ball with a navy triangle reaching the top most part of the ball and a triangle returning to the back part. It was behind the blue one, it to was attached to the belt. Then next to the green one was a blue and green camouflaged/swirl/tie-die and a white on bottom. It had a bug-catchers net and a fishing hook in the shape of an ‘X’.

He hopped into his convertible metallic blue corvette with a white stripe down the middle. It had beige interior and marble coated dashboard. (A/N: Ah… My dream car, only in my fics, anyways Professor Aids get paid a pretty penny in this story.) He turned on the car and sped down the road towards a Victorian household that was over the beach. He pulled into the driveway next to the Porsche on the right and big family holding RV. He opened the door and stood up and shut the door behind him. Instead of going to the house he went into the RV and sure enough a figure was sitting in front of the TV eating cereal, it was in fact: me.

“Soni, bad news,” he said, I looked off from my Chocolate Charizard cereal and at him.

“What can be so bad now I get my Vulpix in fifteen hours, 23 minutes and…” I stopped to check my digital watch, “54 seconds.”

“There’s the problem, your… your…” he tried but turned away, he couldn’t tell me and it was aggravating me.

“What dad you can tell me,” I said starting to worry by the look on his face.

“Well your Vulpix has… has…” he cleared his voice and said in a fast voice, “been murdered.”

“What,” I said, my voice was raspy and I couldn’t seem to clear it, my heart had stopped and I felt woozy.

“Your Vulpix was murdered, but Professor Liening has already ordered you another pokemon,” dad told me. Suddenly as if someone had flicked an on switch my throat cleared, my heart started and I came to a halt.

“Do you know which one it is?” I asked, in a too-curious-for-my-own-good tone.

“No I kinda left before he could tell me,” my dad said smiling nervously and scratching his head.

“That’s okay but one more thing, how do you say goodbye to a pokemon that’s passed away?” I asked, frowning and remembering the countless times I played with him.

“Today at seven ‘o’ clock there having a funeral to say goodbye to your Vulpix,” my dad said it was five forty-five right now.

“Okay, thank you dad I’m sure my new pokemon will be cool,” I said too him rinsing out my bowl.

I finished watching my favorite show, X-Men Pokemon, it was cool Dus-clops found out how to control his optic vision, then went into my room. I lived in the RV, by choice though, I picked out my tux and put it on my bed, I polished my shoes and put them by it. I walked into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. Tears rolled down my cheeks as sobbed silently. For two years I had been playing with Vulpix. Since I was ten I had been promised when I turned twelve I would get to have Vulpix as a starter and with my birthday two weeks ago I had turned twelve. It was quarter past six and I left fully dressed in the tux.

The village of Sekara respected pokemon as much as people so when one died everyone dressed up and went to the funeral. The ceremony was long and very sad; I was the only one of three who actually did seem interested in the death. The drive back was very long, no one spoke. I got back to my room and got into my pajamas because it was ten when I got back. I fell asleep and typically had a nightmare about Vulpix. I woke up in a cold sweat panting, it was seven and I woke up because my alarm rang.

I rummaged around in my safe that was hidden in a square in my bed bottom. It was a little box that opened and I put a safe in it, I was the only person on the planet that new the combination or come to think about it the safe all together. I took out a Potion, Burn Heal, Antidote, Paralyze Heal, Awakening, and a Super Potion. I put them in my black and blue backpack along with a few pairs of clothes a tent set and a small folded up air mattress. I put it on my bed and threw off my clothes and put on a fresh pair of black, baggy, cargo jeans. I slid into my blue t-shirt and put my black vest over it. Its not that I was gothic but I like the color black, and if you don’t believe it I have tons of friends at school.

“Okay pack all packed, clothes, teeth brushed, hair all set, I’m ready for my new pokemon,” I said. I walked out with my backpack over my shoulder, I walked into the driveway to meet my dad with a present and a necklace with a minimized pokeball on it.

“Good morning, I took the liberty to pick up your pokemon to save you the trip,” he said.

“Wow, thanks that necklace is cool too,” I said stunned but then realized he’s sad cause I half to leave.

“No problem open the present, Professor Liening made it especially for you,” he told me. I tore off the wrapping paper and took off the top of the box. I took out the belt with the three pokeballs on it, “The blue one is called a Lureball, the green one a Friendball, and the last a Netball.”

“Awesome,” I said clipping the belt across my waist, I plucked at one of the balls and found it rather difficult. I put it back on, “okay can I see my pokemon?”

“Oh of course,” he said handing me the necklace, I put it on and plucked off the ball. I maximized the ball and threw it shouting the regular chant. As my body seemed to erupt with delight as the energy formed. When the energy cleared the small pokemon was laying on it’s back.

“Sand…shrew, Sand…shrew,” the little tan mouse snored, I did a double take, and I started prodding it with my finger.

“Is it supposed to be like this?” I asked, my dad smiled at me, and chuckled.

“Well it is seven thirty,” my dad said laughing I grew aggravated at him, I returned him.

“Anyway I better set off tell mom goodbye,” I said, my mom was at work; she was Sekara’s best groomer.

I set off waving I was a good 12 miles before the next rest stop once I left town. But I had to stop at the lab for Kate, my best friend, to get her pokemon. I had brought my electric scooter to ride around the village but I was going to pawn it for some more cash on my cash card. I arrived at the pawnshop and got 600 dollars for it. My cash card now had a thousand dollars on it, trainers have things called TrainerComps. It transfers cash out of your account to the winning trainers; you use the cash to buy things. I had an hour before I had to be there and it took forty-five minutes to get there.

“Come out Sandshrew, be awake please,” I cried throwing the ball, out emerged Sandshrew who was eating a candy bar.

“Sandshrew,” he said happily munching the candy bar I grew angry with him.

“Hi my name’s Soni and I’m your trainer, hey… can I have a bite?” I asked. He shook his head and hugged it like a child. “Hey. Okay.”

“Sandshrew,” he said finishing it and fell backwards trying to sleep, I fumed.

“Okay, you know I’m not going to return you I’m going to make you walk to get in shape,” I said, he shrugged, “Okay I’m forced to do this.” I took out my canteen and opened it up, I slowly turned it so a drop hit his head and soaked in. He scrambled up and ran around like he was on fire. I burst out laughing, “While your up we can walk now.”

“Sandshrew,” he said scratching me, I screamed from the pain. I was tired of it.

“You know I’m not mean I can be your friend if you can be mine,” I told him.

“Sand…shrew,” he said wearily he started falling but I caught him, I held him in my arms like a baby. In a way he was my baby only my friend. It was a relevantly long walk and with Sandshrew in my arms it was an enjoyable one. He was my Sandshrew, mine, not my dads, not my moms, mine, my pokemon. I caught Kate coming out of the building with a small yellow mouse with black ears and tail with red circle cheeks.

“Hi Soni, like my Pichu,” she asked as I approached, I nodded and sat down on the ground I got out my pillow and laid down Sandshrew.

“Aw, how sweet,” she said mocking me, I thought for a second and then came back.

“You’d do the same for your Pichu,” I said mocking her, but soon to realize Pichu was smart cause it understood and blasted Sandshrew and me with a Thundershock. Sandshrew rolled over unscratched.

“Very funny, but Sandshrew could beat you any day cause he’s immune to electric attacks,” I said, Sandshrew woke up and rubbed his eyes.

“Aw… he’s so cute,” Kate said, playing with Sandshrew, Pichu got jealous and blasted her with a jolt of lightning, “Now I know what it feels like.”

“So its about fourteen miles before Recherty Town, we could stop there tonight,” Kate said, I nodded. Sandshrew and Pichu weren’t getting along really good because Pichu kept shocking him but he never got hurt.

“Okay that’s enough Pichu,” Kate said only to receive a Thundershock as a token of appreciation, “Return.” Pichu absorbed into the Fastball, which Kate clipped onto her own magnetic belt.

“You guys got weak pokemon,” came a drawling voice behind us, we whipped around and saw Gordon. The richest boy in Sekara, he wore his school uniform which was a pair of dress pants and a white t-shirt.

“Stuff it Gordo,” I replied turning away, he blew his gasket and started cursing.

“No Damn person in the world calls me Gordo, I challenge you to a battle so I can whip you,” Gordon replied.

“Okay some practice won’t do me bad,” I replied to him pointing at him menacingly.

“Pointing at me won’t help you lose even worse Savage,” he said drawing out a Pokeball.

“Put your exceptionally large chunk of money where your mouth is rich boy,” I replied, “Sandshrew let’s tear this punk apart.” Sandshrew waddled out in front of me. I knew his attacks were: Scratch, Defense Curl, Sand Attack, and Tackle.

“Feeling mouthy today Savage,” Gordon replied, “Luvdisk Go!” Out of his ball emerged a heart with eyes.

“THAT’S YOUR STARTER!” I cried out on the floor laughing my head off, “A Luvdisk, what did you preorder him especially for you.” Kate and I burst out laughing again.

“Luvdisk Tackle Technique,” Gordon called out blushing, Sandshrew had been laughing too, didn’t see the attack coming and got hit. He stood up and looked at me for instructions.

“Tackle it back,” I commanded, he charged him down and rammed his head into the small heart pokemon.

“Water Gun,” Gordon spat at his pokemon, Luvdisk opened his mouth and spat a jet of blue water at Sandshrew who dodged it. He kicked up some sand, which got in his eyes.

“Scratch Sandshrew,” I ordered my faithful tan mouse, he ran forward and swiped at Luvdisk but he who was hovering hovered higher and squirted a water gun at Sandshrew. That blew up his bomb he sprung in the air and kicked him down. Sandshrew then kept scratching the Luvdisk until he was really weak. Luvdisk used a tackle and Sandshrew did the same thing as before only stronger, Luvdisk fainted.

“Luvdisk return,” Gordon chanted, he smirked, “and I took it easy on you, so be thankful.”

“Yeah right Gordo,” I said as Sandshrew started laughing at Gordon again.

“I told you no one calls me Gordo,” he told me as he stormed off stomping madly.

“LUVDISK!” I yelled burst out laughing again along with Kate and Sandshrew.

“I HEARD THAT!” He called out to me; I picked up Sandshrew and congratulated him.

“Well better get on to Recherty Town, then off to Flavaree City to the first gym,” Kate told me, I nodded and we started walking down the path.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres your chance to be in the action, fill out this form to be in the fic.

Name:
Personallity:
Pokemon:
Badges:

The amount of badges you have is how I determne when you appear.

Mancetric_Trainer
13th August 2003, 02:53 PM
Hey I read you fic.
So far it's pretty good even though it moved pretty quick.
Also there were some grammar errors but not that many.
The murder thing was kinda strange and the main character sure got over it quickly.
But I will follow your fic and see how it comes out.

Meganium
13th August 2003, 02:58 PM
Manectric Trainer: Okay um.... were to start, Moved quickly well I kinda had to or it woud be like fifteen pages to the seven and a half it is now. The murder he is not over it, he just dosent like to talk about it. Would you like to talk about a friend that died. Not trying to be mean just wanted to tell you and stuff.

Team Rocket's Lugia
13th August 2003, 03:57 PM
Hmm, nice story, but don't turn it into a "beat the league and save the world thing, okay?" And descriptions are very good, but work on grammer.

Name: Harry
Appearence: Spiky black hair with blue headband, a light blue shirt, and purble pants.(made up)
Personallity: Has a pretty bad temper, but loves Flying pokemon.
Pokemon: Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Tropius, Altaria
Badges: All 8 in my Sapphire game

Meganium
13th August 2003, 04:34 PM
Thanx Lugia for your comment, but ummmmmm could you change to 1 badge and have a Swablu and Wobbufet cause it will be a long while before youd see your self in the fic, and you can add more pokemon to that if you wan cuz you need at leas 3 pokemon.

Cyndaquil7
13th August 2003, 07:02 PM
Hey, I decided I need to get into reading some new fics to keep with, since most are to far. I really liked this one except the Vulpix being murdered is kinda.. err... not pokemon like ^_^.

Sandshrew is a cool pokemon, but then you went straight into a battle right in the first chapter, right after you started on. And the battle was a bit short =O.

Last thing is even though I didn't like the vulpix dieing, you could have made Soni a little bit more sad, he was acting by the way you described it..

"Aww man, meh but who cares get me a new one"
He could have at least cried ;_;.

Kate though seems like a cool person, with a little Pichu ^_^.

Oh, I forgot I CANNOT WAIT to find out who this mysterious trainer is with an Electabuzz who captured Kyogre. Maybe we'll be seeing him further along =D.

I'm mean I know but hey it was very swift idea, just please don't kill anymore ;_;.

:no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Meganium
13th August 2003, 07:18 PM
I walked into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. Tears rolled down my cheeks as sobbed silently.

Oh I'm sorry he did not cry just sob. But anyway thanx for the compliment and dont worry the mysterious trainer. Its someone whos already been introduced. :rolleyes:

Fun fact I based soni's dad after me and Professor Liening after my best friend. Liening actually gave Jeremy his starter.

Cyndaquil7
24th August 2003, 12:14 PM
Hey, are we still writing this ;_:?

Vexx58
30th March 2004, 05:02 PM
Kool!! Very cool!!! can't wait 4 the next one

Name:Vic
Apperance: short black hair,red shirt with a picture of a pokeball in middle,blue jeans,and blue hat with a picture of a charizard
Personality: nice guy but intense while battling, luvs fire types and dreams of catching a charizard
Pokemon:Combusken(main),Slugma,Chinchou
Badges:1

i hope this will help u with another chapter