PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Where do you work?

RedStarWarrior
14th August 2003, 06:06 AM
I am sure it has probably been done before...but where do you work?

I work for Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate of the Department of Defense/Department of the Army(http://www.nvl.army.mil). For any non-believers, feel free to email me at scott.cushman@nvl.army.mil. I am getting ready to go to college so my email account is only going to be active for another week, then they close it so I don't recieve daily announcements that would cause my email to reach its storage limit.

Mew Trainer Rose
14th August 2003, 07:40 AM
I work at a pretty interestion place: the Eli Whitney Museum. No, I'm not a tour guide or anything. :) The Museum is, as I've heard it put a few times, a workshop. Most of what we do is building things with wood, like toy boats (all sizes, from about 6 inches to a fancy 18-inch or so thing with motors, several rooms on a couple floors, and other stuff), pinball games, a variety of wooden dinos, lots of good stuff. You can have a birthday party there, and the kids at the party make a project when they have the party.

Right now there's a summer camp type-thing,
a week-long program based on a central theme, when the kids build things, play games, learn stuff, etc.

I actually don't help with the classes. This summer, I'm always
outside, staying under a covered brige (right next to the museum, over a smallish river) helping people build small
toy boats. Anyone who wants can just come and build one. And I weed the parking lot and pick up trash. :P The kids tend to be annoying at times, but sometimes they're really cute.

Dark Dragonite
14th August 2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Mew Trainer Rose
I work at a pretty interestion place: the Eli Whitney Museum.

:O
I know where you live...
>= )

*stalks*

Anyways, I work for Eckerd, formerly Genovese, as a "Drug Clerk"...LOL

MarshmallowEgg
14th August 2003, 09:30 AM
I can't work, I'm underage :/ I'm only 15. I'll be 16 in about half a year, so when I can work I'm hoping to get a job somewhere in the mall, since it's right across the street from my school. Preferably Hot Topic or Suncoast. Walden Books would be nice, too.

Angel Blossom
14th August 2003, 11:41 AM
I work at a zoo. I know, it sounds kind of dorky, but it's a really interesting place to work at, and I enjoy it. ^^

I've always wanted to work with animals, and now I can.. sort of. They make me feed the parrots, elephants, and sometimes the giraffes. I also have to hold certain bugs for people to see. Once I had to hold a Madagascar Hissing Coachroach (SP?). Those things are HUGE.. and disgusting. ;-; Not your ordinary coachroach, lol. But I like it when they let me hold praying mantises, butterflies, etc. It's fun because they're not that disgusting, lol. I remember they almost made me hold a scorpion. I freaked out, so they gave it to my friend. XP

It doesn't pay, though. Oh well, I could care less whether it payed or not. It's a fun job, so the money doesn't matter. ^^ Besides, I get paid $35 a week when I babysit a little kid. He's so funny, and his parents are nice, so it's cool too. ;P

Jay
14th August 2003, 11:42 AM
I don't work, though I would like to work at my primary school as a teacher aide for as long as I could ;)

I've been invited to go back whenever to help out a little throughout the day, so that's cool.

Crystal Mew
14th August 2003, 02:03 PM
Currently, I don't work...although, I could :)
I used to babysit....for $50 a week... :'( babysitting my cousins...I really miss that job =/

Venuskazam714
14th August 2003, 02:35 PM
i work at a sporting goods store.. the money is not that great (8 dollars/hour) but the other workers are really cool and very funny. so it doesn't make the whole working thingy that bad...

pika23
14th August 2003, 02:44 PM
I'll be getting a job very very soon. I'm going to apply at PetsMart and if they don't accept I'm going to find another local pet store. Mwhahaha...

Kireihana52
14th August 2003, 06:32 PM
I'm not old enough to get a job, but I'd like to work at the Wild Animal Park, this big area with a drive-thru place where you feed animals, and a petting zoo. ^_^; My cousin works there, and she's actually brought home baby ligers before. :o It's about a 30 minute drive from here, though, so I doubt I could ever do that.

I don't know of any job I could do besides something involving animals. I'm a sloppy shirt folder, I hate having to talk to anyone, and children bug the crap out of me. So it's hopeless. =P

~Bethany

AntiAsh Superstar
15th August 2003, 01:59 AM
I'm currently stuck as one of those evil people everyone on the planet hates, i.e. a telesales person. Hey, I gotta pay the rent somehow, tho you can bet your last dollar I'm quitting the instant something better comes along! I really wouldn't recommend telesales to anyone who fancies keeping their brain cells intact, it's mind numbing making all those calls to people who couldn't care less, and being surrounded by idiots who actually want to make a CAREER out of this scariness is just... well... =/

Gligar_Man
15th August 2003, 02:26 AM
starbucks

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
15th August 2003, 04:04 AM
I work at OMV (http://www.omv.com), an oil refining and distributing company. I'm working at the purchasing department there and I'm reponsibly for the drilling and exploration stuff there. I usually buy drill bits, packers, seals and other stuff needed to get the business on the fields done. It's a good job though quite stressing at times.

Amalasuintha
15th August 2003, 09:14 PM
I currently work at a place called Utopia Records. It's basically an alternative music store.

Katie
16th August 2003, 12:11 PM
I don't work yet, but I'll probably try to get a job at one of the local fast food places, they're all a 5 minute or less walk from my school. my dream in 1st grade was to work at this one pizza place, maybe it'll come true this year :yes: lol. right now all I really do is babysit, but I suck at it because I hate kids and never really do anything... I just... watch them. if they're choking "oh... that's too bad" lol ^^;

~Katie

mr_pikachu
17th August 2003, 03:07 PM
I work at my dad's company. :o No, it's really not all that bad. I get to pick my own hours, which is shorthand for I come in whenever I feel like it. :D The pay's not too great, though. $6.50 an hour. Bleah. Not to mention I'm the one and only person working in my department... XD No, I'm not kidding... oh, and I learned my job from "For Dummies" books. XD Not kidding there, either, though I wish I could say I was.