PDA

View Full Version : » Mêlée Games: Sign-Ups « [M.A.]

Jay
14th August 2003, 08:47 AM
» Mêlée Games «
Approved: Jay, Link 10, Aipom Of Doom
A Crystal Caves Sponsored Battling Tournament

SIGN-UPS CLOSE AUGUST 30

The podium was filled with sickening junk two weeks after the conclusion of the Tremor Games shindig; three lone crystal cave workers stand high on top of the pedestal pondering over the next idea.

Ideas filled the minds like a perpetual vortex. Complaints arose faster than the swiftness of light, and mindless thoughts hooked on suspicious minds.

After reflecting and deliberating, finally, we determined it was time. The initial start of the bout that attests which captee reign supreme. The scuffle of a life time, the Mêlée Games has arrived!

Opening the hefty marbleized gates, a luminous crimson carpet revolves all the way up to reception. In place of where the soirée was held for the Tremor Games, posed many coliseums that were constricted for access at this moment of time.

Continuing to walk along, you finally reach the entrance to reception. Outside were four trophies with Poké Balls and CCP’s beside them in protective glass cases. Weird, you think to yourself. It catches your eye, and you open the reception doors and notice three people at the reception desk.

“You must be here to participate in the upcoming tournament, no?” one says.

“There’s prizes and stuff :>” another says.

“=O Yeah… sign up >_>” the other says.

It all begins to add up – Those chalices, the poké balls, the CCP’s… they must be the accolades. Instantaneously, your eyes gleam, and notice the three people were not only workers from the Crystal Caves, they’re hosting the tournament! Jay, Matt and Danny equably place the rules pamphlet in front of you.

“Read it >_<”.

~*~

You skip the introductive page with a picture of the South Caverns in the sheltered milieu, and skip to page 2 to impede the “I do’s” of Jay.

~*~

I do have the right to disqualify you in the competition for reasons that will optimistically not be presented.

I do have the right to allot referee’s to designated matches, for augmented righteousness.

I do have the right to change the rules as I see fit.

Tournament is basically open to anyone with Crystal Cave imprisonments.

~*~

“Don’t be scared…” you think to yourself, as you flip the page, and discover the rules outlined on a set number of pages. “Uh oh…”

~*~

Rules:

Welcome to the rules page, we have almost everything outlined here as a guide to help you succeed in this tournament prospectively.

Format (1 vs. 1): A simple 1 vs. 1 tournament is adequate enough for a debut wartime competition for the Crystal Caves. Clear and simple.

Location (New Thread): The Mêlée Games will be hosted in another thread created after check-in closes.

Disqualification Time: 48 hours. Otherwise known as the time that you need to send in your attacks before I declare the other opponent the winner. Combatants will be PMed an e-mail address that they must respond to with 48 hours, just to keep it organized, and so we don’t lose track of battles. Another referee may declare the other opponent winner if the referee of your match isn’t online, so if your e-mail isn’t in our inbox, you are at risk of a mistaken disqualification. Hence, don’t PM / IM the attacks.

When sending your e-mail, the title must include whom you’re battling AND yourself, and the name of the referee. The body must include your attacks obviously, and miscellaneous if such is required. The rest will be handled on its own. This’ll be repeated in the PM that will be sent, so make sure you free some space otherwise you won’t know whom your opponent is!

Pairing System: The same pairing system will be used throughout the whole tournament, and the actual pairings will be posted by Jay. If you wish to know the system after the tournament, please ask one of the referees.

Referees: The personnel are Aipom Of Doom, Jay and Link 10.

Divisions: To make it fair there will be four allotted schisms. Divisions range from Level 5-9. Level 10-14. Level 15-19. Level 20-24. Pokémon ranging at Level 25 and over may not be used, since there aren’t enough pokémon around to create such a division.

Lilliputian Division (Level’s 5-9)
1st Prize: Level 5 “Sleepy” Squirtle (Gender of choice, knows Yawn), 50 CP’s, Mêlée Lilliputian’s Pendant.
2nd Prize: Any item in the Kiosk 30 CCP’s and below.

Amateur Division (Level’s 10-14)
1st Prize: Level 10 “Golden” Bayleef (Gender of choice, golden petals, knows Charm), 50 CP’s, Mêlée Apprentice’s Plate.

Senior Division (Level’s 15-19)
1st Prize: Level 15 “Rainbow” Blaziken (Gender of choice, colour of choice, knows Fly), 50 CCP’s, Mêlée Senior’s Trophy.

Ancient Division (Level 20-25’s)
1st Prize: Level 20 “Royal” Eevee (Shiny Female, wearing a glittering amethyst tiara), 50 CCP’s, Mêlée Champion’s Crown.

Super Effective / STAB / Resistance: There is a ban on super effective moves dealing X2 or X4 the damage, rather, it’ll do X1 damage. STAB and resistance will act as normal.

The Two Arenas: Each battle is allocated a different arena.

1st/2nd Rounds: Normal Arena (Weathering moves have no effect.)
3rd Round [Finals]: Indigo Stadium (Weather moves have effect.)

~*~

After reading the rules, you close the booklet, and notice the workers hand you the sign-up form. It contains the following:

~*~

Strictly for Crystal Caves Captees ONLY. NO Avenger pokémon.

Name:

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name:
Captee’s Species:
Level:
Moves:

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name:
Captee’s Species:
Level:
Moves:

Senior Division
Captee’s Name:
Captee’s Species:
Level:
Moves:

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name:
Captee’s Species:
Level:
Moves:

NOTE: You may sign up for all divisions, but there may be a chance you'll only participate in two of the divisions chosen at random by me. Depending on the popularity of each, you may be dropped. Only 8 spots in each division. We need to give everyone a go, you know...

NOTE 2: For winning a battle, you'll receive one free TM. Your captees will gain a certain number of levels after the specific division has been completed.

NOTE 3: Participants receive a booby prize, announced at the end.

NOTE 4: One division will be run at a time. Lilliputian > Amateur > Senior > Ancient.

~*~

“Sign up :'< Pweeze? :>”

“:O :O :O Or else!! :O :O :O”

~*~

Discuss divergences and sign up here.

Dark Dragonite
14th August 2003, 09:15 AM
Are attachments going to play a major role, say if someone has one and his opponent doesn't, that will affect the battle pretty big, wouldn't you say, although, probably not too much more than a Lv.5 going against a Lv.9??

Jay
14th August 2003, 09:17 AM
Got two weeks to purchase one, don't ya?

edit: LOL, kidding, it might've helped if I had received some input from a few particular persons, but I'll dock them. Seems fair.

Lady Vulpix
14th August 2003, 09:51 AM
Are the entered pokemon forbidden to battle outside the tournament from the moment they sign in until the tournament ends?

Jay
14th August 2003, 09:53 AM
As soon as the pokémon signs up they are not allowed to participate in the Battle Tower and/or the Battle Arena until their respected division is completed.

Though, you can still sign up and edit in new moves when you purchase them wherever, but that's about it.

Dark Dragonite
14th August 2003, 10:07 AM
Ok, I will sign myself up now, only for two of the melees.

Name: Dark Dragonite/Steve

Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Blarg
Captee’s Species: Swalot
Level: 15
Trait: Liquid Ooze(the one that hurts when they try to steal life)
Moves: Pound, Yawn, Poison gas, Sludge, Pain Split, Dream Eater, Sludge bomb*

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Galile
Captee’s Species: Glaile
Level: 24
Trait: Inner Focus
Moves: Powder snow, Leer, Double team, Bite, Icy wind, Headbutt, Ice beam, Earthquake, Block, Blizzard*, Toxic*

*= Just bought these, need to go to the hospital for tests, don't have time to wait to get them on.

DarkPrincess
14th August 2003, 10:23 AM
Whee. Sounds fun ^-^;;

Name: Rachel (no one here seems to call me DarkPrincess so might as well use my name xD)

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Buffy
Captee’s Species: Quilava
Level: 14
Trait: Blaze
Moves: Tackle ~ Leer ~ Smokescreen ~ Hidden Power: Electric ~ Ember ~ Reversal

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Willow
Captee’s Species: Flygon
Level: 23
Trait: Levitate
Moves: Bite ~ Sand Attack ~ Faint Attack ~ Earthquake ~ Dragon Claw ~ Flamethrower

I'll be entering someone else too but I want her to battle in the Crystal Caves Battle Arena a bit so, could I do that later?

EDIT: Realized I could add more so.. tada! *realizes also that I'l be using all females* o.o

Jay
14th August 2003, 10:29 AM
Just reminding, but you'll need to free a space if you happen to win and your slots are filled, to make room for your new captee, of course ^_^

Dark Dragonite

Approved. You can add more moves later if you like. I hope your tests go well, sorry to hear that stuff.

DarkPrincess

Approved. Yes you may, you can enter three more if you like, just make sure they're in different divisions ^^;
Your edits have been approved too. Have fun!

Avian Freeze
14th August 2003, 01:39 PM
May I join? ^^;

Name: Tyler

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Aquaphaze
Captee’s Species: Vaporeon
Trait: Water Absorb: Absorbs up to 1/4 maximum HP when hit by a water attack
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Wish, Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Body Slam, Surf

Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Apollo
Captee’s Species: Absol
Level: 17
Trait: Pressure: Opponent's PP is lowered by 2 rather than 1 when they use an attack
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Razor Wind, Substitute, Torment (I'm gonna get more moves for this guy if it's okay)

Hexae
14th August 2003, 02:53 PM
Man I wish I had a level 24 pokemon.. o_o

I looked back at the old CCCC threads a few weeks ago... and I realized I have captured a pokemon there. My only Crystal Caves one, mind you, I still have to add her to my site. She was captured in V3 I believe, but I had forgotten to check on it, thus not knowing that I caught her. The thread has been deleted. :| I hope nobody thinks I'm lying or something.. I'm not. x_x I wouldn't make up something like this. I saved the page in my computer somewhere, I'll try to find it ASAP.
EDIT: Ah, excellent. I've found it. Bad news is that it's a Mac file, so I've uploaded a screen capture of the saved file. That's why it has today's date and time.
http://www.geocities.com/hexae_tpm/cccc.jpg

I caught her before PA opened, and with my Master Ball if anyone cares to know, because I didn't have any Captured pokemon at the time.. I'll add her once/if she's approved for this.

Name: Manda (to distinguish myself from Discotheque if she signs up :P)

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Alakazam
Captee’s Species: Alakazam
Level: 13
Trait: Synchronize
Moves: Teleport, Kinesis, Disable, Confusion, Thunderpunch, Psychic

I'm buying her some more TMs eventually, so I'll edit them in as I buy them. :)

Pikachu101
14th August 2003, 03:49 PM
Name: Pikachu101

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Coral
Captee’s Species: Corsola
Level: 8
Trait: not quite sure what a corsola's trait is can some one let me know
Moves: Tackle, Harden, Spike Cannon (Bred-on)

aragornbird
14th August 2003, 08:14 PM
YAY! I wanna join!

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Aeragorn
Captee’s Species: Skarmory
Level: 11
Trait: Keen Eyes
Moves: Peck, Leer, Drill Peck, Sand-Attack, Sandstorm

I'll buy him some new TMs later.

I might also participate in the Liliputian Division, but I have to see later since I don't have time right now.

Jay
15th August 2003, 01:22 AM
Avian Freeze

Alright, approved in both divisions.

Hexae

Wow, lucky you. Approved.

Pikachu101

You can find your Corsola's trait on basically any site with a Pokédex. You need to either pick the Hustle or Natural Cure nature for your Corsola, can't have both. When you pick your trait, you can't change it again. That goes with anywhere else.

Go here (http://www.geocities.com/transpire_1/Abilities.html) for the descriptions of what they do. I'll accept Coral into the division when you make up your mind.

aragornbird

Alright, better consider before the places are filled. ;) Approved.

Lilliputian Division

1. Pikachu101 [Coral the Level 8 Corsola]
2. Vacant
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. DarkPrincess
2. Avian Freeze [Aquaphaze the L14 Vaporeon]
3. Hexae [Alakazam the L13 Alakazam]
4. aragornbird [Aeragorn the L11 Skarmory]
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

[b]Senior Division

1. Dark Dragonite
2. Avian Freeze [Apollo the L17 Absol]
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

[b]Ancient Division

1. Dark Dragonite [Galile the L24 Glalie]
2. DarkPrincess [Willow the L23 Flygon]
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Interpol HQ
15th August 2003, 02:17 AM
Cool, I would like to enter.

Name: Josh

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Nanako
Captee’s Species: Swablu
Level: 9
Trait: Natural Cure - Cures the Pokemon's status condition when withdrawn from battle
Moves: Peck, Growl, Astonish, Ice Beam

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Tropic
Captee’s Species: Exeggutor
Trait: Chlorphyll - doubles the pokemon's speed when sun is bright
Moves: Barrage, Hypnosis, Confusion, Giga Drain

Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Deacon
Captee’s Species: Tyranitaur
Level: 18
Trait: Sandstream - Summons a sandstorm during battle
Moves: Bite, Leer, Sandstorm, Screech, Hyper Beam

I might enter one more if i catch a Level 20+ pokemon before the cut off date.

Edit: I have a question, does sandstorm count as a weathering move?

Wolfsong
15th August 2003, 12:40 PM
I'd like to enter Tanabi. ^^

Name: Amy

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Tanabi
Captee’s Species: Absol
Level: 20
Trait: Pressure (Opponent's PP is lowered by 2 rather than 1 when they use an attack)
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Faint Attack, Ice Beam, Hidden Power Psychic, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Shock Wave, Return, Razor Wind, Toxic

Edit: fixed coding errors x.X

Hexae
15th August 2003, 01:31 PM
A question; What happens if the pokemon was hatched? I am getting a certain pokemon bred for me, and one of the parents is from CCCC, and the other from PA. If it matters, the father is a male Arbok, and the 'mother' a genderless Ditto. Ditto is from Avengers.

Pikachu101
15th August 2003, 03:32 PM
I'll take hustle for Coral

Jay
15th August 2003, 09:14 PM
Interpol HQ

Good enough. Approved.
Yes, Sandstorm counts as a weathering move.

Nala98

Approooved.

Hexae

The pokémon should contain at least 50% C.C. genes (preferably more), so I guess it's fine.

Pikachu101

Alright, she's accepted now.

Lilliputian Division

1. Pikachu101 [Coral the L8 Corsola]
2. Interpol HQ [Nanako the L9 Swablu]
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. DarkPrincess
5. Interpol HQ [Tropic the L13 Exeggutor]
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

[b]Senior Division

1. Dark Dragonite
3. Interpol HQ [Deacon the L18 Tyranitar]
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

[b]Ancient Division

3. Nala98 [Tanabi the L20 Absol]
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Dark Dragonite
18th August 2003, 02:48 PM
I have a question, is what is going on with the Capture Center being closed, and what not going to cancel, and/or delay the tournament??

Jay
18th August 2003, 04:39 PM
The tournament shouldn't be delayed as it will continue as normal. No need to worry.

Rambunctious Jamirus
18th August 2003, 05:32 PM
Don't really like the fact that Avenger Pokemon cannot be used. Most of our Pokemon are Avengers but I'm not the one who does the rules...

Also, if we have our 15 CC Pokemon already, can we still receive the special Pokemon or do we need to give one up?

Name: Rambunctious

Amateur Division:

Name: Genbu
Species: Lairon
Level: 12
Trait: Rock Head
Attacks: Tackle, Harden, Mud Slap, Headbutt, Body Slam, Aerial Ace

Senior Division:

Name: Ano
Species: Anorith
Level: 16
Trait: Battle Armour
Attacks: Scratch, Harden, Mud Sport, Moonlight, Rest

Though I probably don't stand much of a chance...

Jay
19th August 2003, 04:35 AM
RJ

Avengers and Crystal Caves aren't really supposed to be working together as a team, so that's why this is for CC pokémon only - Not to mention we never got their approval ^__^ Yes, you need to give up someone if you win.

Approved, I take it you're unsure about participating, but it's for the fun. If you don't want to take the pokémon, take the CCP's instead. ^^; Always have an alternative stashed xD;

aragornbird
19th August 2003, 11:15 AM
Okay, I taught my Skarmory some new moves. Here's the updated version, just so you know:

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Aeragorn
Captee’s Species: Skarmory
Level: 11
Moves: Peck, Leer, Drill Peck, Sand-Attack, Sandstorm, Toxic, Hidden Power ~ Ground, Protect

Lady Vulpix
19th August 2003, 11:28 AM
I'll register Skydancer, my male, level 8 Swablu, for the Lilliputian Division.
Trait: Natural Cure.
Moves: Peck - Growl - Ice Beam - Astonish.
Would it be possible to buy TMs for him before the tournament starts?

He's the son of Kyle's Altaria from CCCC.

Also, are the pokemon from old CCs which were registered at CCCC when it opened allowed to enter the tournament? If they are, I may enter a pokemon I got at Galaxian Pokerebels for another category.

Jay
19th August 2003, 11:34 AM
Aragornbird

Kahool! ^___^ Thanks for the updated Aeragorn.

Lady Vulpix

Wow I thought you'd never join lol. :wave: ^.^ Skydancer is approved, and yes you can edit in TMs before the tourney starts. That's the trickery of the tournament, grab a TM out of the bag before the tournament starts to surprise your foe. Heh.

As for the capture center question, I'm going to have to say no =/ 50%+ Crystal Cave genes is required. I just said Avengers since it was the most recent capture center, but by that I mean all but Crystal Caves. Sorry. ;_;

Avian Freeze
19th August 2003, 01:31 PM
Okay, here's an update for my Pok&eacute;mon ^^;. I just bought some TMs from the Kiosk.

Apollo now also knows Toxic, Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, and Hidden Power ~ Psychic. He is part of the Senior Division.

Aquaphaze now knows Hidden Power ~ Fighting. She is part of the Amateur Division.

That's it for now :).

Dark Dragonite
19th August 2003, 03:05 PM
Ok, Update on Blarg:
2 new moves, Body slam(just bought), and Protect(had for a long time)

Blarg (Swalot)
Lv.15 Male
Pound, Yawn, Poison Gas, Sludge, Pain Split, Dream Eater, Sludge bomb, Body slam, Protect
Trait: Liquid Ooze

Everoy
19th August 2003, 05:01 PM
Name: Chris Kerkin

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Baruk
Captee’s Species: Tyrouge
Level: 6
Trait: Guts
Moves: Tackle, Thief

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Tamaza
Captee’s Species: Spheal
Trait: Thick Fat
Moves: Powder Snow, Growl, Water Gun, Encore, Ice Ball, Rock Tomb, Rock Slide

Pikachu101
19th August 2003, 05:33 PM
Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Pyro
Captee’s Species: Magmar
Level: 17
Trait: Not sure going to try gamefaqs (note: never try pojo for traits)
Moves: Ember, Leer, Smog, Fire Punch, Fire Spin, Fire Blast

Lady Vulpix
19th August 2003, 05:38 PM
I'm updating Skydancer's moveset.
His current moves are:
Peck - Growl - Ice Beam - Astonish - Toxic - Hidden Power: Ground - Aerial Ace - Mud-Slap.

Wolfsong
19th August 2003, 05:54 PM
I'd also like to enter Shaka. ^^

Name: Amy

Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Shaka
Captee’s Species: Swampert
Level: 16
Trait: Torrent (Multiplies power of Water-type move x1.5 when hp falls below 1/3 of its maximum.)
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud Slap, Water Gun, Bide, Refresh, Hidden Power Fire, Mud Shot

Jay
19th August 2003, 08:18 PM
Avian Freeze

Thanks much for the update! ^____^

Dark Dragonite

Lovely ^__^. Thanks for that.

Patrick :wave:

Yaya. Both approved. ^__^

Pikachu101

Use Psypoke >=O Anyway, approved whenever you get the trait. <_<

Lady Vulpix

I didn't approve the TM yet did I? :P Oh well, approved. I'm not going to bite your head off for it hehe.

Nala98

Very much approved. Enjoy. :)

~*~

Lilliputian Division

3. Lady Vulpix [Skydancer the L8 Swablu]
4. Parsec's Politoed [Baruk the L6 Tyrogue]
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. DarkPrincess [Buffy the L14 Quilava]
6. Rambunctious Jamirus [Genbu the L12 Lairon]
7. Parsec's Politoed [Tamaza the L14 Spheal]
8. Vacant

Senior Division

1. Dark Dragonite [Blarg the L15 Swalot]
4. Rambunctious Jamirus [Ano the L16 Anorith]
5. Pikachu101 [Pyro the L17 Magmar]
6. Nala98 [Shaka the L16 Swampert]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Ancient Division

4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

aragornbird
19th August 2003, 08:48 PM
Okay, I'd like to enter another one of my Pokemon:

Senior Division
Captee’s Name: Galenia
Captee’s Species: Pidgeot
Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack, Steel Wing, Fly

And I'll be updating her with more moves when I buy them.

Jay
19th August 2003, 08:57 PM
Aragornbird

Done.

Which division'll get filled first? Amateur or Senior? Hmm xD;;

Everoy
19th August 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Patrick :wave:
Please still call me Chris, I still want to be called that online :P

I have a feeling that the amatuer division is going to be one by a level 14 pokemon. In other words, the three major contenders right now are the level 14 pokemon.

Dark Dragonite
20th August 2003, 09:02 AM
I have a little dillema, I have a Lv.7 Poliwag I wouldn't mind putting in the Lilliputian Division, but I'm not sure where I got him. Normally PA only gives Lv.5 Pokes that I remember, but I really think he's been on my team for too long to have come from CC, so I guess I won't enter him, the 2 divisions I really wanted I'm in.

Dark Dragonite
20th August 2003, 10:32 AM
I am curious about how the reffing will go, like will Double team up the speed, or make clones??
Can a poison type be Poisoned??
And so I don't make an idiot of myself, all moves do 1X damage, not counting STAB, or weather, or do weak moves, like fighting against Psychic type do .5, like are strengths still counted, since weaknesses aren't??

Avian Freeze
20th August 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
I am curious about how the reffing will go, like will Double team up the speed, or make clones??
Can a poison type be Poisoned??
And so I don't make an idiot of myself, all moves do 1X damage, not counting STAB, or weather, or do weak moves, like fighting against Psychic type do .5, like are strengths still counted, since weaknesses aren't??

Double Team should only raise the evasion level. Poison types can't be poisoned. And any moves which do more damage because of weakness will be lowered to 1x damage, but STAB is still counted, as are resistances and immunities I believe o.o.

Wolfsong
20th August 2003, 12:08 PM
I have one question, right now. How will return be handled with reffing?

Jay
21st August 2003, 12:46 AM
Parsec's Politoed

Well it could be two contenders with Level 14 Pokémon, after Steve realized something wrong with Aquaphaze =/ *Waits for Tyler*

Dark Dragonite

Whee, Tyler answered your question ^_^

Avian Freeze

Thanks alot for the help.

Nala98

Return will be delivered with maximum possible damage, which will be 102 normal base power. =)

Wolfsong
21st August 2003, 09:12 AM
I would also like to say that Shaka now knows Brick break. ^^

Hexae
21st August 2003, 09:20 AM
I'm updating that Alakazam now knows Calm Mind. :)

Avian Freeze
21st August 2003, 01:27 PM
Oops x_x *thwaps himself*, I caught Aquaphaze from Pok&eacute;mon Avengers a while ago. In that case I'll enter my Aerodactyl later, I wanna level him up a bit first if that's okay ^^;.

Pikachu101
21st August 2003, 05:27 PM
pyro's trait is flame body

Jay
22nd August 2003, 07:47 AM
Pikachu101 / Nala98 / Hexae

They're all fine. :)

Avian Freeze

Not a problem at all.

Pikachu101
22nd August 2003, 03:44 PM
Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Trio
Captee’s Species: Exeggutor
Level: 22
Trait: Chlorophyll
Moves: Barrage, Hypnosis, Stomp, Confusion, Psychic, Reflect, Leach Seed, Uproar, Hidden Power - Water, Solar Beam

Discothéque
24th August 2003, 12:15 PM
^^

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Tynan
Captee’s Species: Tyranitar
Level: 24
Trait: Sand Stream [Summons a Sandstorm during battle]
Moves: Bite - Leer - Sandstorm - Screech - Rock Slide - Dragon Dance - Ice Beam - Dragonbreath

I'll be back with some TMs for him. Mwah. xD

Jay
24th August 2003, 03:03 PM
Discothéque / Pikachu101

Both fine. :)

Not that i'm good with American times, but the sign-ups will close in err... 6 days. :x

Rambunctious Jamirus
24th August 2003, 04:19 PM
Eep...6 days...at least it's the weekend so I can post more often...

Oh, just wanted to say that Ano the Anorith now knows Rock Smash to protect him from those mean Steel types ~_^

Wolfsong
24th August 2003, 04:41 PM
I just wanted to add that Shaka, my L.16 Swampert now also knows toxic and Attract.

aragornbird
24th August 2003, 04:56 PM
I've just taught my Pidgeot Toxic and Attract as well, along with Protect. YAY! I'm all ready!

Dark Dragonite
25th August 2003, 10:37 AM
Ok, if there is a spot left in the amateur left, I would like to fill it with my new pokemon:

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Onida (Means "the one searched for in Native american)
Captee’s Species: Mightyena
Trait: Intimidate
Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite, Yawn, Poison Fang(by TM I had from GT's EMT), and deciding on either Taunt, or Torment by TM from being over Lv.10

Could someone please give a description of what either move does??

Pikachu101
25th August 2003, 10:44 AM
coral now knows Return

Lady Vulpix
25th August 2003, 10:48 AM
[NAME] Taunt
[TYPE] DARK
[BASE PP] 20
[BASE DAMAGE] 0
[BASE ACCURACY] 100%
[TARGET] One chosen opponent
[EFFECT] Opponent cannot use moves that target itself for current and next turn

[NAME] Torment
[TYPE] DARK
[BASE PP] 15
[BASE DAMAGE] 0
[BASE ACCURACY] 100%
[TARGET] One chosen opponent
[EFFECT] Opponent cannot use the same move twice in a row

Descriptions taken from the RS Moves page (http://forboards.tripod.com/rsmovedex.txt).

Phantom of Innocence-BF
25th August 2003, 11:29 AM
I'd like to enter a Pokemon in the following divison please. :)

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Kendra
Captee’s Species: Feraligatr
Trait: Torrent --> When HP is less than 33% Water attacks deal 50% more damage.
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Rage, Water Gun, Ancient Power, Surf, Attract, Earthquake, Ice Beam.

Thanks. :)

andyizcool
25th August 2003, 01:20 PM
I would like to enter the two new Pokemon I've captured in the Crystal Caves in there is space for them. Also will there be more tournaments like this in the future?

Name: Andrew

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Beauty
Captee’s Species: Milotic
Level: 10
Trait: Marval Scale (Defence up when status changed)
Moves: Splash, Confuse Ray, Surf, Wrap, Water Sport

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Hard Shell
Captee’s Species: Wartortle
Trait: Torrent (Water attacks boasted in a pinch)
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Withdraw, Water Gun, Haze, Ice Beam

~Andrew

Jay
25th August 2003, 03:22 PM
Well I never did expected three people to sign up for the same division with one open slot left when I have four hours sleep. I'm afraid it's first come first serve, so Steve gets in.

Perhaps Rambunctious or Andy would like to enter in another division when possible? And just for future reference, Andy, you may only enter one pokémon in one division. There's... ugh, 1 slot left in the senior division and many left in the other 2 divisions. =o

Thanks for the updates though people :o

Phantom of Innocence-BF
25th August 2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jay
Well I never did expected three people to sign up for the same division with one open slot left when I have four hours sleep. I'm afraid it's first come first serve, so Steve gets in.

Perhaps Rambunctious or Andy would like to enter in another division when possible? And just for future reference, Andy, you may only enter one pokémon in one division. There's... ugh, 1 slot left in the senior division and many left in the other 2 divisions. =o

Thanks for the updates though people :o

Who do u keep calling Rambunctious? :mad: Just kidding, but last time I checked I was still Julina. XD Anyway, I don't have any other possible Pokemon in the other divisions so I guess I'll just wait till the next Tournament. :)

Dark Dragonite
25th August 2003, 11:07 PM
Julina, take my spot in the Amateur division, you were right after me, and I have 2 other pokes in the tourney, and I have no want of a Bayleef, frankly, I'm not 100% sure about Blaziken either, but I want to test Blarg out, since noone wishes to battle me at the BT, however I am liking the shiny eevee, Umby's are helpful :)

Phantom of Innocence-BF
26th August 2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
Julina, take my spot in the Amateur division, you were right after me, and I have 2 other pokes in the tourney, and I have no want of a Bayleef, frankly, I'm not 100% sure about Blaziken either, but I want to test Blarg out, since noone wishes to battle me at the BT, however I am liking the shiny eevee, Umby's are helpful :)

Wow, thanks Steve! ^_^ Okay, so my Feraligatr is still in the game. I owe u one, Steve. :)

Dark Dragonite
26th August 2003, 08:54 AM
Don't mention it, I was a very active, and good guy around here once, and besides, us NYers have to look out for each other. ;) :yes: :wave: :D

EDIT: I hope I'm not overstepping any boundaries, but I thought I could help you out by updating this list for you:

Lilliputian Division

4. Parsec's Politoed [Baruk the L6 Tyrogue]
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. DarkPrincess [Buffy the L14 Quilava]
6. Rambunctious Jamirus [Genbu the L12 Lairon]
7. Parsec's Politoed [Tamaza the L14 Spheal]
8. Blastoise Fan [Kendra the L13 Feraligatr]

Senior Division

4. Rambunctious Jamirus [Ano the L16 Anorith]
7. Aragornbird [Galenia the L18 Pidgeot]
8. Vacant

Ancient Division

4. Pikachu101 [Trio the L20 Exeggutor]
5. Discothéque [Tynan the L24 Tyranitar]
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

andyizcool
26th August 2003, 12:29 PM
I really want to win one of these great prizes but I have no captured Pokemon to fit in because the places are full so I still have 4 or 5 days to catch one. Also will there be Tournaments like this in the future because I like this idea of one?

~Andrew

Rambunctious Jamirus
27th August 2003, 04:29 AM
Ano, the Anorith, knows the Rock Tomb attack thanks to the Kiosk :)

Pikachu101
27th August 2003, 03:37 PM
Now Pyro knows Solar Beam thanks to the EMT (If he can learn that I'm going to be confirming that later)

Dark Dragonite
27th August 2003, 03:48 PM
I checked:
pokemondungeon
pokemonfanuniverse

both pokedexs say Magmar, or Magby cannot learn Solar beam, or any other grass move, however if you are trying to cover a water weakness, it does learn thunderpunch.

I notice what I interpret as a lot of people trying to cover weaknesses, meh, just my observations.

Pikachu101
27th August 2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks DD so now I have two worthless TM's from the EMT
Reflect and Solar Beam

Dark Dragonite
27th August 2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Pikachu101
Thanks DD so now I have two worthless TM's from the EMT
Reflect and Solar Beam

No TM is worthless, you may have another poke who can use them, AC or CC, if not, and you don't plan on getting one that does, sell them, someone may need them.

I have a Splash TM, only reason it isn't worthless, is that it is kind of a trophy from the last games.

Enile Zemula
27th August 2003, 10:49 PM
Are we allowed to train before the Melee actually begins? I mean, after we've signed up?

Dark Dragonite
28th August 2003, 12:41 AM
Before you post your poke for approval, you may train it, after it is posted, and/or approved, no.

Also, you only have until the end of August to get posted, and approved, and hopefully the rest of the spots will get filled soon!!

Jay
28th August 2003, 01:14 AM
Erm wow o_o Thanks a lot Steve. You've worked a lot to help out, and at the right time too! lol, thanks.

I've lost a lot of motivation recently, so I hope I'm up for reffing. I should be... I have to be x_o

I'll count the Mêlée Games Sign-ups as closed from around 71 hours, 45 minutes from now.

Avian Freeze
28th August 2003, 01:25 AM
I told you again, but I hope you feel better Jay ^_^. Anyway, I'm going to be entering my Aerodactyl, Eben Avis now =3.

Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Eben Avis
Captee’s Species: Aerodactyl
Trait: Rock Head ~ Cannot be hurt by recoil damage
Moves: Wing Attack, Agility, Dragonbreath, Double-Edge

I'll probably be adding moves as well just to be safe if that's okay o.o.

Jay
28th August 2003, 02:40 AM
Just a hint for everyone, but rather than purchasing super effective TMs against your own weaknesses, you should rather be concentrating on STAB moves. People who use them often will most likely end up winning the division and continuing on to the se.... *cough* I shouldn't have said that.

Avian Freeze

Meh.......... my motivation is improving, but thanks anyway for the get well ^_^ It helps *has a cold too* ;_;

Sure you can add new moves, just make sure it's before 70 hours =X *Exchanges Aquaphaze with Eben Avis*

Wolfsong
28th August 2003, 09:43 AM
Just a short update. Shaka now knows return
goes ot edit his page ^^

Lady Vulpix
28th August 2003, 10:34 AM
Skydancer now knows Sunny Day and Attract.
I'm not using Sunny Day before it's allowed, of course.

Wolfsong
28th August 2003, 11:21 AM
I'm going to enter Laila my elemental Larvitar. ^^

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Laila
Captee’s Species: Elemental Larvitar
Level: 5
Trait: Guts (Attack raised to 1.5 times when induced with a status.)
Moves: Bite, Leer, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dragon Dance, Earthquake

DarkPrincess
28th August 2003, 12:55 PM
I'd like to withdraw all of my battlers from the games please. Now, I'll enter just one Pokémon:

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Mystic
Captee’s Species: Dratini
Trait: Shed Skin
Moves: Wrap - Leer - Surf - Thunderbolt - Flamethrower - Ice Beam - Thunder Wave

Dark Dragonite
28th August 2003, 01:06 PM
You are very welcome Jay, anytime you want any help, PM me, if I'm not on AIM. I won't keep doing this, so I don't step on any toes, but I'm bored again, so:

Lilliputian Division

4. Parsec's Politoed [Aru the L6 Tyrogue]
5. Nala98 [Laila the Lv5 Elemental Larvitar]
6. DarkPrincess [Mystic the L8 Dratini]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. Avian Freeze [Ebin Avis the L14 Aerodactyl]
2. Hexae [Alakazam the L13 Alakazam]
3. aragornbird [Aeragorn the L11 Skarmory]
4. Interpol HQ [Tropic the L13 Exeggutor]
5. Rambunctious Jamirus [Genbu the L12 Lairon]
6. Parsec's Politoed [Aza the L14 Spheal]
7. Blastoise Fan [Kendra the L13 Feraligatr]
8. Andyizcool [Hard Shell the L12 Wartortle]

Senior Division

4. Rambunctious Jamirus [Bubba the L16 Anorith]
8. Vacant

Ancient Division

2. Nala98 [Tanabi the L20 Absol]
3. Pikachu101 [Trio the L20 Exeggutor]
4. Discothéque [Tynan the L24 Tyranitar]
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Removed:
DarkPrincess [Buffy the L14 Quilava]
DarkPrincess [Willow the L23 Flygon]

andyizcool
28th August 2003, 01:09 PM
Amateur Division
Captee’s Name: Hard Shell
Captee’s Species: Wartortle
Trait: Torrent (Water moves up in pinch)
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Bubble, Withdraw, Water Gun, Haze, Ice Beam

~Andrew

Jay
28th August 2003, 01:30 PM
Thanks a lot Steve and I will, just that Rachel's Dratini is Level 8 =D

Andy: okies. you're in now, but you can't level up now that you've registered =x

Rambunctious Jamirus
29th August 2003, 05:21 PM
*rushes in* Okay, bit of an announcement. After finding out that my ignorance has turned against me, I've renamed Ano to Bubba from the shrimp guy in Forrest Gump. Seems appropriate (unlike the name I gave him out of ignorance). Sorry if this isn't anything very important but I don't want to go on with his old name.

Funny, he's the second Pokemon I've renamed. The other was Lavender from Sapphire to Electra to Lavender.

Everoy
29th August 2003, 06:12 PM
I have name changes for both of my pokemon.

Baruk = Aru
Tamaza = Aza

Enile Zemula
29th August 2003, 11:58 PM
Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Fier
Captee’s Species: Blaziken
Level: 20
Trait: Blaze
Moves: Fire Punch, Scrach, Growl, Foucus Energy, Ember, Double Kick, Peck, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Sand Attack, Earthquake.

Jay
30th August 2003, 12:04 AM
Thanks much for the updating, Steve! I'll post the next one now and hopefully the last before the sign-ups close =/

Chris / RJ » Name changes taken care of.

Enile Zemula » Okies.

I'm entering one of mine to fill up the Ancient Division, though, if magically three different people wish to participate in the division in 25 hours then I'll remove myself, however I can't see it happening.

Ancient Division
Captee’s Name: Zolekvir
Captee’s Species: Salamence
Level: 23
Trait: Intimidate (Opponent's Attack Lowers By 1)
Moves: Rage, Bite, Leer, Headbutt, Focus Energy, Dragon Claw, Aerial Ace, Fire Blast.

So we have...:

Lilliputian Division

4. Parsec's Politoed [Aru the L6 Tyrogue]
5. Nala98 [Laila the Lv5 Elemental Larvitar]
6. DarkPrincess [Mystic the L8 Dratini]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. Avian Freeze [Ebin Avis the L14 Aerodactyl]
2. Hexae [Alakazam the L13 Alakazam]
3. aragornbird [Aeragorn the L11 Skarmory]
4. Interpol HQ [Tropic the L13 Exeggutor]
5. Rambunctious Jamirus [Genbu the L12 Lairon]
6. Parsec's Politoed [Aza the L14 Spheal]
7. Blastoise Fan [Kendra the L13 Feraligatr]
8. Andyizcool [Hard Shell the L12 Wartortle]

Senior Division

4. Rambunctious Jamirus [Bubba the L16 Anorith]
8. Vacant

Ancient Division

2. Nala98 [Tanabi the L20 Absol]
3. Pikachu101 [Trio the L20 Exeggutor]
4. Discothéque [Tynan the L24 Tyranitar]
5. Enile Zemula [Fier the L20 Blaziken]
6. Jay [Zolekvir the L23 Salamence]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Now I realize I'm going to have to search for all the genders =/ bah lol.

Avian Freeze
30th August 2003, 01:29 AM
Posting just to say that I taught my Aerodactyl, Eben Avis Earthquake ^^;.

Jay
30th August 2003, 02:24 AM
22.5 hour warning post!

Avian Freeze » lol thanks =D

andyizcool
30th August 2003, 11:14 AM
What will you do to fill those empty spots if the time runs out?

~Andrew

Jay
30th August 2003, 11:15 AM
The tournament will continue, but some people may receive a free pass to the next round.

Doesn't matter, just means they won't receive levels for their wins.

Lady Vulpix
30th August 2003, 12:18 PM
Skydancer now knows Solarbeam, as confirmed here (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=330645#post330645).

Dark Dragonite
30th August 2003, 12:57 PM
Bored again, so here's a gender update:

Lilliputian Division

1. Pikachu101 [Coral the L8 Female Corsola]
2. Interpol HQ [Nanako the L9 Female Swablu]
3. Lady Vulpix [Skydancer the L8 Male Swablu]
4. Parsec's Politoed [Aru the L6 Male Tyrogue]
5. Nala98 [Laila the Lv5 Female Elemental Larvitar]
6. DarkPrincess [Mystic the L8 Female Dratini]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Amateur Division

1. Avian Freeze [Ebin Avis the L14 Male Aerodactyl]
2. Hexae [Alakazam the L13 Female Alakazam]
3. aragornbird [Aeragorn the L11 Male Skarmory]
4. Interpol HQ [Tropic the L13 Male Exeggutor]
5. Rambunctious Jamirus [Genbu the L12 Male Lairon]
6. Parsec's Politoed [Aza the L14 Female Spheal]
7. Blastoise Fan [Kendra the L13 Female Feraligatr]
8. Andyizcool [Hard Shell the L12 Male Wartortle]

Senior Division

1. Dark Dragonite [Blarg the L15 Male Swalot]
2. Avian Freeze [Apollo the L17 Male Absol]
3. Interpol HQ [Deacon the L18 Male Tyranitar]
4. Rambunctious Jamirus [Bubba the L16 Male Anorith]
5. Pikachu101 [Pyro the L17 Female Magmar]
6. Nala98 [Shaka the L16 Male Swampert]
7. Aragornbird [Galenia the L18 Female Pidgeot]
8. Vacant

Ancient Division

1. Dark Dragonite [Galile the L24 Male Glalie]
2. Nala98 [Tanabi the L20 Male Absol]
3. Pikachu101 [Trio the L20 Male Exeggutor]
4. Discothéque [Tynan the L24 Male Tyranitar]
5. Enile Zemula [Fier the L20 Male Blaziken]
6. Jay [Zolekvir the L23 Female Salamence]
7. Vacant
8. Vacant

Discothéque
30th August 2003, 04:16 PM
Update: Tynan has now been given the TMs Return and Brick Break. ^^

Hopefully I'll be able to get him another one before the sign ups are over... ^^;;

Enile Zemula
30th August 2003, 08:13 PM
*Runs in, burned up* Daemon wants to participar. Erm. Participate. *Practeses her Spanish too much* :P

Lilliputian Division
Captee’s Name: Daemon
Captee’s Species: Houndour
Trait: Early Bird
Moves: Ember, Leer, Roar, Rest.

Jay
31st August 2003, 01:00 AM
SIGN-UPS CLOSED - GAMES WILL BE POSTED IN 24 HOURS

Special thanks to Dark Dragonite for helping =D

All combatants will be sent a PM within 6 hours, if you don't get one, we have a problem. I suggest when you read this message that you clear some space instantly, otherwise, your opponent is automatically the winner.

No rush, you still have up to 48 hours to send in your attacks (that is, 24 hours after the pairings have been posted, which is in 24 hours from now), so I suggest you clear some space as soon as possible. Other important information will be sent via PM.

Good luck to all participants!

and I'm filling up the last spot in the senior division. The other two divisions will continue under special conditions sent via to the participants in the sectors.

Senior Division
Captee's Name: Zx
Captee's Species: *BLACK* Camerupt
Trait: Magma Armor (Can't be frozen)
Moves: Earthquake, Overheat, Ember, Body Slam, Tackle, Growl, Double Team.

---

Lilliputian Division

1. Pikachu101 [Coral the L8 Female Corsola]
2. Interpol HQ [Nanako the L9 Female Swablu]
3. Lady Vulpix [Skydancer the L8 Male Swablu]
4. Parsec's Politoed [Aru the L6 Male Tyrogue]
5. Nala98 [Laila the Lv5 Female Elemental Larvitar]
6. DarkPrincess [Mystic the L8 Female Dratini]
7. Enile Zemula [Daemon the L8 Male Houndour]
8. Bye

Amateur Division

1. Avian Freeze [Ebin Avis the L14 Male Aerodactyl]