PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Super Smash Brothers Melee

Ultimate Pikachu
14th August 2003, 07:25 PM
I can't beaat some Event Matches. I need help on number 33(Lethal Marathon), number 42 (Trouble King), number 44 (Mewtwo Strikes), number 49 (All Star Match Deluxe), and Number 50 (Final Destination Match). I tried using Gamefaqs for help, but it doesn't work well. Once I almost beat no. 50. I defeated the Crazy Hand with 0%, had the Master Hand below 200hp, and I lost:mad: :confused: . I need help!!!

Thy
14th August 2003, 07:47 PM
Okay, I can help you on the fast Capt. one. The one thing you need to worry about is time. Time goes by fast. I mean really fast! Start out running at your fastest. You'll then drop down a level and lose some time. If you are quick you won't lose to much. Soon you'll see a ! pop up and you'll be at a platform floating close to you. Keep running and at light speed get to the next platform. Stay for half a second and start running. As long as you lang the jumps. You'll beat it with around 6-7 secs left on the clock. Good luck! For the Mewtwo strikes! one, is it the one with Zelda? If so use Yoshi. Beat the crap out of Z by using the B-down after jumping near her. When Mewtwo comes, use B-side on the bottom plat. You'll turn to an egg and hit of Mewtwo or he'll be to slow and fall off. Simple really.

Lord Necrodain
14th August 2003, 11:37 PM
For Final Destination Match, you should use Ganondorf, if you haven't already tried him. His Tornado Kick (Up+A Smash) attack deals huge amounts of damage to the hands, and is easy to hit them with, You need to be able to dodge (not Shield, but use Air or Ground Dodges) most of their attacks, however. Most of them are easy to see coming, you should dodge (I prefer Air Dodging, the invulnerability lasts longer than Ground Dodging) attacks that come from the background, roll away from attacks where they drop on you, and dodge, avoid or , if all else fails, shield against projectiles attacks. Their combo attacks can all be avoiding by jumping as high as possible and trying to stay high until the attack is over. Go for Crazy Hand first, he has some of the more irritating and damaging attacks, plus he's always the one who calls for a combo attack and waits for Master Hand to join in, meaning if he preps for a combo (his fingers start sparkling as a warning) while Master Hand is in the middle of a solo attack, he'll just sit there and wait for Master to finish, making him very vulnerable. Just keep using Ganondorf's Tornado Kick and you should be fine. If that fails, an alternate (but IMO less effective) method is to use Yoshi and use his Flutter Kick (Down+A in mid-air) attack, if most or all of the hits land it does a huge amount of damage.

Strider
15th August 2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate Pikachu
I beat Lethal Marathon, Trouble King 2, and Mewtwo Strikes a few minutes ago, now I only need the last two, or three if the cout the very last one. I need help for 49, and do you have to fight Giga Bowser in Adventure Mode to unlock the final Event Match? Oh, I beat 49.

No, you have to beat Event 50 in order to unlock Event 51.

But as Lord Necrodain explained, Ganondorf is the best man for the job in Event 50. Falcon is just as good here as well. Aside from their up smash, Falcon's and Ganon's spike is another way to deal a good amount of damage. The two's down smash, the sweep kick, is another heavy damage dealer. And another good attack is the knee smash coming from Falcon.

Most of the Hands' attacks are relatively easy to dodge; for example, if one of the hands is coming down from the top of the screen to slap down or slam down a fist, simply jump straight up and out of the way at the last second and you won't be damaged. If the pair do a combo attack, just go over to the edge of the stage and either shield or jump up and out of the way. For when either hand launches off the stage and comes screaming at you from the background in fist form, simply jump straight up. If it's Crazy Hand doing that, then do an air dodge as it is slowing down and coming back onto the stage to avoid getting damaged.

So good luck with that. After a while, it won't be as tough, hopefully. :wave:

Ultimate Pikachu
15th August 2003, 07:11 PM
Is Jigglypuff good for the last Event Match? I'm stuck on the last one. I can't get rid of Giga Bowser for good without getting K.O.'ed once. I need to get rid of Ganondork fast. Are there any better strategies to defeat the last level?

Lord Necrodain
16th August 2003, 12:08 AM
Jigglypuff is probably the easiest by far to beat The Showdown with, no other characters have an attack that can K.O. Giga Bowser as easily as Rest can, and Giga can lay a serious whomping on you if he gets to stick around long enough. Jiggly is the only one who can dispatch him quickly and easily. Of course, you may find it easier with another character, if you're MUCH more skilled with them than you are with Jigglypuff, but, it requires much less skill and ability with Jigg than it does with any other character.

Getting rid of Giga is partially a luck affair, sadly. After Resting him to oblivion, you have to hope that Ganondorf/Mewtwo gives you a nice love tap rather than a hard whomping, and that's all up to the mood the Computer AI is in. Once Giga is gone, it's best to adopt the wimpy, but effective, strategy of "Run away and wait for 1337 itamz." Ganondorf and Mewtwo can K.O. the light little Puffball far too easily for a head-on 1v2 fight to give you a good chance of being victorious. Jiggly's Rollout can work very well as a nice surprise attack however, get to the other end of the stage, charge it all the way and let it rip, you can often land a really nice hit on one of them, just be ready to turn around in the unfortunate event they dodge it, or it's bye-bye Final Destination, hello Black Pit of Pain. Don't overuse it however, you never know when some "Divine Intervention" (aka the explosive item that conveniently appears right in front of you) will royally screw you over.

Speaking of things that go boom, they're your best weapons probably. I can't remember if all items can drop in that match, but I know plenty of Bob-Ombs do, and they're the powerful ranged projectile you need to out the hurt on your foes. Sometimes, you don't even need to pick them up, Ganondorf and Mewtwo will just intelligently stumble into them.

Also, there's a really cheesy trick for KOing the Dorkmeister, if you don't mind winning through AI exploitation. Lure Gannyhead over to the edge of the stage (I've seen it work with left, dunno if right works too, but probably), then jump and float over the edge, dangling just out of his reach, almost always he'll Dark Dive (Up+B) at you, float out a bit more, then when he peaks his jump, start going back, if all goes well, Ganondorf will fail to get back onto the stage and fall to his humiliating demise. Repeat until all the little Dork heads are gone.

Mewtwo's the only one that can't be beaten with a cheesy trick (If you consider how easily Rest KOs Giga cheesy), but he's a lightweight like Jigg, so he can't take too much punishment, 1v1 isn't too hard, plus, you have a brain, he has programming, you can win, especially with the Bob-Ombs of Fate on your side.

Ultimate Pikachu
17th August 2003, 02:22 PM
I get it, it's all in the mood of the CPU. After I get rid of Giga Bowser I'll wait for some good items.

Last Exile
17th August 2003, 10:36 PM
Another good tactic is to use Rest on Mewtwo or Ganondorf when they've jumped, particularly Mewtwo, because they can't block it. But waiting for items is the best way.

Ultimate Pikachu
19th August 2003, 06:34 PM
I beat it! I got lucky and got a Charizard out of a Pokeball.