PDA

View Full Version : More SSBM Trophies?

Mew2K
15th August 2003, 05:46 PM
290. That's the official number of trophies in Super Smash Brothers Melee. However, this number has been challenged in the past. Does anyone remember when, about a year ago, Nintendop released photos of two other trophies? One was Samus without her helmet, and the other was Mario riding Yoshi with his cape on. Can anyone tell me what happened there? They were supposedly unlocked with save games from Metroid Prime and Mario Sunshine, but that isn't the case. So...?

RJdude
15th August 2003, 08:27 PM
Those two were in the japanese game only, and were promotions for furute games (Metroid Prime and Super Mario Sunshine). However, I'm not sure how they were unlocked, since I only have the American version of the game and not the import.

Lord Necrodain
16th August 2003, 12:33 AM
I think I heard somewhere that they were available at special promotions in Japan. I assume they added the data to your SSBM save on your Memory Card, but, as far as I know, they aren't available in any non-promotional manner. I'm pretty sure the thing where saves from Super Mario Sunshine and Metroid Prime unlocked them was some rumour concocted by someone who was either guessing at how to get them (and the word got spread as fact), or someone just looking to stir up some trouble with a hoax.

mic_128
28th August 2003, 11:37 PM
From what I heard, it ws similar to the Mew/Celebi uploading thing. A shame though. The rumor of it comming from saves were probably from the captain Olimar trophy you recieved if yu had Pikmin data on your memory card.