PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED DECK: Psssst! Hey You! Come here for a rare occurance!

Water Pokemon Master
16th August 2003, 09:45 PM
Here we have a Pokémon deck, one of the most rare decks appearing at this here message board. The style is modified (Genesis-ADV1), the type is water, and the deck is based on getting energy to the active Pokémon as fast as possible. Note: The deck is Version 1.0, so bash it as much as necessary.

22 Pokémon
4 Mudkip (Not sure yet)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord
3 Wingull
3 Pelipper

22 Trainers
4 Breeder
4 Bill
4 Elm
4 Gold Berry
3 Switch
3 Lady Outing

16 Water Energy

Question:
One Mudkip can paralyze and do 10 damage. The other can do 30. Which one should I choose?

Strategy:
If Swampert is your Active, you can use it's power to attach a water to it and then attach a water to it for it's turn. That means 2 per turn, or you could use the power and your one energy per turn to do the same thing for Wailord and Pelliper to do major damage. I think I should also add some more search cards, too. Want do you think?

EDIT:
- 4 Bill
+ 2 Copycat
+ 2 Oak's Research

Dark-San
16th August 2003, 11:09 PM
Is your deck suppose to be pure water? I was just wondering only 'cause normally a deck would hav cleffas in them....

So if there isn't a rule abt pure decks maybe you would like to add abt 2 Cleffas.

You might wan to take out some pokemons... 4 Elms and 4 Bills doesn't give you much card drawing fire power. I might suggest either 2 oak's research or copycat...

hobbs
16th August 2003, 11:17 PM
Not bad.

I'd cut one of the evolution lines (Wailord or Pelipper) and Bills, for some Copycats, Cleffas, and Double Gusts.

Razola
17th August 2003, 12:10 AM
It seems Raindance lives on...

Water Pokemon Master
17th August 2003, 12:30 AM
It seems Raindance lives on...
Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

Not bad.

I'd cut one of the evolution lines (Wailord or Pelipper) and Bills, for some Copycats, Cleffas, and Double Gusts.

Cut evolution lines...I don't think I really need to.
Bills....Replace 2 for 2 Copycats

Is your deck suppose to be pure water? I was just wondering only 'cause normally a deck would hav cleffas in them....

So if there isn't a rule abt pure decks maybe you would like to add abt 2 Cleffas.

You might wan to take out some pokemons... 4 Elms and 4 Bills doesn't give you much card drawing fire power. I might suggest either 2 oak's research or copycat...

Pure water...no, I just said that for a general idea.
Cleffa...I don't think I need any Cleffa.
Oak...not allowed in modified Copycat...good idea

Thanks for the help hobbs and Darkyouth! Anyone else? Roarkiller, get over here!

EDIT: Oh yeah, what about the Mudkip? Which should I choose? Maybe 2 of each?

Dark-San
17th August 2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Water Pokemon Master
Pure water...no, I just said that for a general idea.
Cleffa...I don't think I need any Cleffa.
Oak...not allowed in modified Copycat...good idea

Thanks for the help hobbs and Darkyouth! Anyone else? Roarkiller, get over here!

EDIT: Oh yeah, what about the Mudkip? Which should I choose? Maybe 2 of each?

I didn't mean oak -_-" Read carefully I wrote oak's research.... Anyway cleffa is a must for any deck. Tat is the basic rule for all decks regardless of their type (Except for haymaker)

A bad hand for your 1st turn will ruin your chances in the game! So cleffa is there to save you from this trouble~

And as for the Mudkip (No idea wat pokemon it is.... ) It would be better if ya play 2 of different types of them... Hmmm

/end

Razola
17th August 2003, 09:44 AM
Huh? What does that have to do with anything?

A deck that used Base Set Blastoise to get lots of water energy. I believe your deck does the same, yes?

Water Pokemon Master
17th August 2003, 01:04 PM
I didn't mean oak -_-" Read carefully I wrote oak's research.... Anyway cleffa is a must for any deck. Tat is the basic rule for all decks regardless of their type (Except for haymaker)

Sorry, Darkyouth, I guess I am going blind or something. I haven't changed my contacts in three weeks so that could be a problem. Anyways, I am going to add in two Cleffa and replace them with something.

Does anyone know where Roarkiller is? Could he be on vacation?

Roarkiller
18th August 2003, 05:50 AM
Hai hai, kita da yo. Nanda, mattenai no? Dai isogashii da na, ore no ima no inochi.

*checks scans at pokeschool* Damn, i gotta get acquaintance with these new cards.

Anyway, i believe lady outing is kinda useless, since it sez 3 diff dasic energy cards, and the only type u have is water. And like hobbs said, drop one of the lines. Like maybe a certain flying pkmn with low HP and slow attacks (it needs 2 turns to do damage doable in one, lol)

On the mudkip Q, that 30 u mentioned is only if u can get 3 heads. Otherwise, its worse off than the other. Take the hint.

-6 wings
-1 breeder
+3 warp point
+2 town volunteer (like d00d, do some social service)

*optional
+2 memory berry or
+2 weakness guard or
+2 trader

One thing's for sure, i know for a fact that there r some decent search cards out there, so use them already.

Water Pokemon Master
18th August 2003, 12:53 PM
Hai hai, kita da yo. Nanda, mattenai no? Dai isogashii da na, ore no ima no inochi.
*checks scans at pokeschool* Damn, i gotta get acquaintance with these new cards.

Roarkiller, you know my website has the EX Ruby and Sapphire scans IN ENGLISH. Why are you looking at the Japanese versions? Anyone who is totally clueless on what the cards do, click the animated picture in my signature, wait for the page to load, look in the left menu under Card Scans, and click EX Ruby and Sapphire.

Okay, since everyone is telling me to drop an evolution line, bye bye Pelliper line, hello 2 Cleffa, welcome Pokemon Trader, and here is the revision of the deck (feel free to keep correcting it, even if you already have posted, even if you say the same thing):

18 Pokemon
4 Mudkip (2 of each)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord
2 Cleffa

27 Trainers
4 Breeder
4 Elm
4 Gold Berry
3 Copycat
3 Oak's Research
3 Trader
3 Warp Point
3 Energy Switch

15 Water Energy

You like? You don't like? Have any more corrections? Yes? No?

EDIT: Does anyone think I should add in some ND Tyrogue to counter Lightning types?

Roarkiller
19th August 2003, 05:36 AM
Juz goes to prove why u should learning japanese if u wanna understand some of the things i said. And no, none of the stuff i said has anything to do w/ pkmn.

Why do u need energy switch? I can tell where ur getting at, but i dont think its necessary. IMO E.flow wouldve done a much better job comboed with swampert.

If ur gonna add tyrogue, kick out some pkmn, cuz u definitely cant cut any more trainers or energies.

And d00d, u forgot TV again.

Water Pokemon Master
19th August 2003, 03:04 PM
With Energy Switch, you can move an energy to another PKMN. So, unless I have read something wrong again or misunderstood something, such as this card will only work if you haven't used your one energy per turn, you can attach 3 energies to one of your PKMN if Swampert is out. One for your turn, one for Swampert's power, and one for Energy Switch.

If I am going to use Town Volunteers, what should I knock out, cause it aint gonna be the Wailord line. Besides, I only have one TV and don't want to buy two one on the internet for $1.00 if I have to pay $5.00 for shipping. I am going to try and find a substitute for it, such as Time Capsule, thought it is not nearly as good as TV.

And never mind on Tyrogue, I don't think I need it.

Oh yeah, what does "IMO" mean? I am not that up to date on internet lingo.

pokemasterfrank
19th August 2003, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah, what does "IMO" mean? I am not that up to date on internet lingo.

In My Opinion

Water Pokemon Master
19th August 2003, 03:59 PM
Oh, so thats what it means. Now I know what lol, IMO, btw, and brb mean. You don't even want to know what I originally thought lol meant.

Anyone else want to correct my PKMN deck because there probably won't be another one for a year, and then school is about to start for a lot of people and they probably won't have much time to come here except on weekends. Anyone? This is your last chance! Even if you already posted, the deck was revised and now it is different. So post again!!!

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 09:09 PM
Wat you mean by last chance? -_-" Anyway I might suggest focus band~ for protection against amphy decks if ya dun wan to include some butt smashing tyrogues!

Water Pokemon Master
19th August 2003, 09:15 PM
Wat you mean by last chance? -_-" Anyway I might suggest focus band~ for protection against amphy decks if ya dun wan to include some butt smashing tyrogues!
I don't know why I said that, it just happened to come from my head, through my fingers, and to my post.

I really don't think there is anymore room for Tyrogue or Focus Band.

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 09:23 PM
I must agree to tat... Your deck seems not to hav enuff space for those two... By hook or by crook, you hav to figure a way out by yourself!

Water Pokemon Master
19th August 2003, 10:09 PM
I really don't think there has to be anything else done to this deck. I mean, if I haven't gotten Swampert by the third turn, than that would be pretty sad. There are so many draw cards that I would probably get Breeder, Swmapert, and Mudkip by turn 2. Anyways, anyone think that this deck is as good as it can get?

Roarkiller
20th August 2003, 02:45 AM
Theres never space for anything.

Anyway, if ur gonna drop some cards, drop one or two of the drawing cards 10 is a little overload when u've already included trader.

Water Pokemon Master
20th August 2003, 02:52 AM
I guess your right on the 10 drawing cards. I probably don't need to have Copycat and Oak's Research together so, I will drop Copycat because my opponent may not have any or a small amount of cards and Oak's Research will give me immediate results. So hows 'bout:

- 3 Copycat
+ 3 Town Volunteer (dedicated to RK)

Dark-San
20th August 2003, 09:45 AM
So hows 'bout:

- 3 Copycat
+ 3 Town Volunteer (dedicated to RK)

Dedicated to Rk lolz... :P

Anyway tis should be my full deck fix:

18 Pokemon
4 Mudkip (2 of each)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
2 Wailmer
2 Wailord
2 Cleffa
2 Tyrogue

27 Trainers
3 Breeder
4 Elm
3 Gold Berry
2 Town Volunteer
3 Oak's Research
3 Trader
3 Warp Point
3 Energy Switch
3 Focus Band (Protection for your babies!)

15 Water Energy

I was thinking of removing your Wailmer and Wailord line for some water BBPs. Maybe you would agree wif me on tat!

Water Pokemon Master
22nd August 2003, 01:53 PM
Dedicated to Rk lolz...

Anyway tis should be my full deck fix:

18 Pokemon
4 Mudkip (2 of each)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
2 Wailmer
2 Wailord
2 Cleffa
2 Tyrogue

27 Trainers
3 Breeder
4 Elm
3 Gold Berry
2 Town Volunteer
3 Oak's Research
3 Trader
3 Warp Point
3 Energy Switch
3 Focus Band (Protection for your babies!)

15 Water Energy

I was thinking of removing your Wailmer and Wailord line for some water BBPs. Maybe you would agree wif me on tat!

I don't think it is neccessary to remove the Wailmer and Wailord line because they could be use as the main hitters. I like the final fix Darkyouth supplied, but am worried there won't be enough energies. Maybe I should cut the two Tyrogue for something else?

DarkBlastoise
22nd August 2003, 05:12 PM
god, what are you? some sort of Wailord-crack addict!?!? you practically love the thing!!!!

anyways, I like Darkyouth's fix BUT:

-3 Oak's Research
+3 Copycat (works for me

-3 Warp Point
+3 Double Gust

-1 Water Energy
+1 Elekid (trust me, he's good in a pinch)

Water Pokemon Master
22nd August 2003, 06:55 PM
I don't think I want to take the risk of using Copycat if the opponent has very little cards. With Oak's Research, you are guaranteed 5 cards to draw. Here is the third revision:

18 Pokemon
4 Mudkip (2 of each)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord
2 Cleffa

27 Trainers
4 Breeder
4 Elm
4 Gold Berry
4 Oak's Research
3 Trader
3 Warp Point
3 Energy Switch
2 Town Volunteer

15 Water Energy

Maybe I should have 2 Oak's Research and 2 Copycat . . .

Dark-San
22nd August 2003, 07:33 PM
Doesn't seems like you change anything... Well you better start thinking of wat to do when elctric pkmns starts running wild all over ya~

DarkBlastoise
22nd August 2003, 10:22 PM
okay, I can see about Copycat and Elekid, but DUDE....

Double Gust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warp Point

I mean sure theres the risk of them choosing your not-powered-up Wailord on the bench, but thats what babies ARE FOR!!!!

Roarkiller
22nd August 2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by DarkBlastoise
okay, I can see about Copycat and Elekid, but DUDE....

Double Gust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Warp Point

I mean sure theres the risk of them choosing your not-powered-up Wailord on the bench, but thats what babies ARE FOR!!!!

The nintendo ruling only allows u to retreat once per turn. Dude.

Recommend minus one swampert/breeder for an extra water. Ur pkmn r big energy eaters.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd August 2003, 12:27 AM
Actually, I was thinking of minusing a Marshstomp for a water since there are 4 breeders and 4 Swampert. And don't be mean to the poor people who don't know the new rules. They just aren't as involved into the TCG as we are.

*err*emm*http://thepokebeach.cjb.net/newplayingrules.shtml

DarkBlastoise
23rd August 2003, 01:07 AM
yeah I KNOW Nintendo only allows 1 retreat per turn I played in the damned tournament, and that is PRECISELY the reason why WPM plays/should play Warp Point/Double Gust

Roarkiller
23rd August 2003, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, double gust requires u to retreat most of the time, thus wasting that precious privilage. Hence warp point. Of course, that also means that u can only hope to use it to get rid of the defending, not to get a benched out.

Water Pokemon Master
24th August 2003, 02:16 PM
I went to my league yesterday and played this deck. Unfortunately, the deck has to be Expedition on with LC included. So, I had to take out the Cleffa and Gold Berry. I added in some Bill, which saved me many times. For the Wailord line, it never really helped me, so I guess I don't need them. The Mudkip that could paralyze was a lot better than the other one, so I decided to use 4 of them. So here is my revised deck. Remember, Expedition on with LC included:

16 Pokemon
4 Mudkip (Paralyze)
2 Marshstomp (bubble)
4 Swampert (holo)
3 Wingull
3 Pelliper

28 Trainers
4 Elm
4 Breeder
3 Oran Berry
3 Oak's Research
3 Copycat
3 Bill
3 Trader
3 Warp Point
2 Town Volunteer

16 Water Energy

You like? You don't like?

DarkBlastoise
24th August 2003, 10:50 PM
Exp.-On w/ LC???? that makes me shiver...

poor you, well here's the changes I could think of:

Unfortunately, double gust requires u to retreat most of the time, thus wasting that precious privilage. Hence warp point. Of course, that also means that u can only hope to use it to get rid of the defending, not to get a benched out.

uh, the point of both is to save your active or to spring a benched Pokemon, lets look at 1 senario and see how it plays out with both Warp Point and Double Gust:

WPM's Turn, WPMs Active: Pellipper 50 Damage, 2 Water on it, Bench: Swampert 0 Damage, 4 Water Energy on it

Opponent: Scizor 0 Damage , 2 Steel, 1 Grass on it, Bench: Scyther (50 HP), 1 Grass Energy on it, Scizor 0 Damage 1 Steel, 1 Recycle, 1 Grass on it

WPM has only one prize left to win

Warp Point: WPM picks Swampert and Oppo. picks Scizor continuing the game

Double Gust: WPM picks Scyther and Oppo. has to pick Swampert ending the game

and I bet youll find a situation where Warp Point works better, but you use Double Gust when your opponent has no choice *wink*

-3 Warp Point
+3 Double Gust (you dont have the 4 retreat Wailord so no reason why NOT to play this, Double Gust owns Warp Point)

-1 Water
-1 Elm/Copycat (your choice)
+2 Oracle (well, if you want to permanently run Bill, Oracle is a must)