PDA

View Full Version : I made a team!

Feelingsad
26th December 2002, 10:04 PM
It's for 2vs2 without unobtainable pokemon.

Lead 1:
Pacchiru
@leftovers
-Protect
-Dizzy dance
-I really have no idea..
+speed, -something irrelevant
Yeah, he is just there for confusion basically, Tekkanin protects while he confuses both opponents, I am not sure how much of a speed advantage Yureidoru will need, so I may have to protect on the second turn, with tekkanin, in the hope one will succeed.
(According to rsbot protect affects both pokemon.. Sounds kinda excessively strong to me..). I have a better set, but I am not sure it will work, @beserk gene, and hopefully "my pace" will give confusion to my opponents, I could then drop dizzy dance, for something random (I guess I could use a different pokemon then too, although the cuteness factor has got to be a bonus for patches). Maybe I could psych up tekanins speed boost and use rockslide or something..

Lead 2:
Tekkanin
@leftovers
-Baton pass
-Protect
-Swords dance
-Agility
+Defense, -Speed
All it has to do is protect pacchiru when it dizzy dances, and give Yureidoru a speed boost, the rest is filler.

Yureidoru
@Leftovers
-Rockslide
-protect
-confuse ray
-something else.. Giga drain or recover?
+speed, -something?
Rockslide, hits both opponents and has a 30% chance of flinch. Combined with confusion, this should be very nasty.

Starmie
@leftovers
-Surf
-Psychic
-Confuse ray
-Recover
+Speed, -Attack
These next three just support Yureidoru. Maybe @kings rock as a back-up should Yureidoru die prematurely.

Ninetales
@leftovers
-Confuse Ray
-Hot wind
-Tail whip
-Protect
+speed, -attack

Crobat
@leftovers or Scope lens?
-Confuse ray
-Sludge bomb
-Air cutter
-Protect
+speed? -special attack
I dunno if it will really need to much speed.. Just enough to make it faster than Alakazam..

2v2 at face value seems to be a lot of hard out attacking, with the faster team winning.. I have tried to counter this by finding a way to give my self a little bit of defense, without decreasing my attacking power, by using confusion, and rockslides ability to cause both opponents to flinch.. A couple of self hits or flinches could really throw a battle in my favour.
I think I might drop Ninetales for Bakuuda, cause I do have severe Electric problems, but I would like to be able to confuse both my oppoinents in one turn, and then I would have a bit of an ice problem.. I also will drop Crobat at a moments notcie, as it is only really there cause I couldn't think of something better to use in the last slot.
Protect protecting two pokemon could definitely help with trying to improve defense, but I still think this team could be kind of effective..
Feel free to tell me to drop pokemon or w/e, it is really just a concept team that I would like your thoughts with.

Have a nice day.

[Edit] -Clarified some stuff, gave Yureidoru personality values, and slightly changed crobats item options..

Azura Stardust
26th December 2002, 11:18 PM
"My Pace" doesn't ocnfuse the opponent, it stops you from being confused, I thought. Hoo that's an idea, if what I said was right, My Pace + Beserk Gene (is it still there?) = :o

Madelyn151
26th December 2002, 11:21 PM
paachiru : ummm, dizzy dance for sure. then, double-edge and flail. you need something to hit ghosts... it can breed for rock slide so, errr, why not.

tekkanin : ehhh... i don't really like pokes with no attacks... is agility even needed, with protect and his characteristic (that's a good idea)? maybe beak slash or something over it. if you get the boost from silver wind...drool.

yureidoru : the standardish one going around seems to have recover/stock/release/something (confuse ray). he's versatile.

starmie : sure

ninetales : suuure, maybe grudge over protect to ruin the ever-persistant earthquake.

crobat : maybe beak slash over air cutter. haze over protect, too, maybe.

you like confusion a lot =P watch out for my pace/miracleberries.

phantasmal
26th December 2002, 11:26 PM
You know what I was hoping? That they'd put 'CNFD' under the PKMN's name when it's confused. It always bothered me that it didn't show up! I know it's not a permanent state, but still...

Feelingsad
26th December 2002, 11:55 PM
Ok, Just a few points..
The whole idea of this team is to try and prevent my opponents from attacking with flinch + confusion, without sacrificing too much attacking ability. So, I would like to keep rock slide on Yureidoru.

Air cutter is only 5 base power less than beakslash, but has high critical hit rates, and also hits both opponents, making it almost twice as strong..

And having two pokemon out at once, means both of them don't really need to be able to attack, they could sit back and let their partner do all the work.

Thanks for your coments though, and keep 'em coming.
Have a nice day.