PDA

View Full Version : New demo disk for 'Cube.

Razola
17th August 2003, 12:27 AM
Nintendo has been releasing some mighty fine demos lately, though the only one that we could actually play in our homes was limited only to those who bought a new cube (though Best Buy tried to scalp us by selling it alone for $39.95!) Thanks for rewarding loyal buyers, Nintendo...

The newest disk includes:

-One race in F-Zero GX
-A level in Billy Hatcher and the Giant egg.
-A mission in Rouge Squadron 3.
-Two characters in Soul Caliber (Link is not one of them oddly enough)
-Viewtiful Joe demo was in the last demo disk, but I think it was removed from this one.
-I do believe Sonic Adventure DX was in here, but I cannot remember.
-P.N.03 demo
-Various videos

F-Zero: Sega and Nintendo...working together? It seems odd, but the two really can put a nice racer together. F-Zero handles nicely and even the first track was fairly fast. Sadly, the demo only gives you the first track, and it isn't the best way to show off a game with the relatively tame map. One of the harder maps would have been a better way to showcase the game.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg: It's odd but pretty cool. Platforming with some Monkey Ball-lite gameplay to spice things up. The camera is better than the god-less thing Sega likes to give us with the Sonic Adventure series but could use a little improving. And you gotta love a kid dressed in a chicken costume. Attack my penguin of doom!

Rouge Squadron: I was nervous about ground missions, but the demo put my fears at ease. The demo nicely gives players a quick look at ground, vehicle/creature, and traditional X-wing gameplay. But the Hoth setting and nearly EXACT same layout make me pause. RS 3's title almost made me think I was playing RS 2...and Hoth has been a cliche level for years. Will the game still be fresh or will it be too much of the same? Let's hope the ability to play all RS 2 missions co-op will make up for the slight staleness that may occur.

PNT510
17th August 2003, 10:45 AM
I'd just like to say that you could(and still can) get the first gamecube demo disk for $10 at Target.

The new disk looks pretty cool, but I don't really wanna go out and buy a new one for just a couple of new Demo's

Razola
17th August 2003, 02:09 PM
The demo disk should be FREE. If you want people to buy your software, you should make the demo of it easy to access.

PNT510
17th August 2003, 03:20 PM
If you wanna play demo's free you can play them at the store. I personly see nothing wrong with paying for Demo disks if they are priced reasonably.