PDA

View Full Version : Broadband adaptor for the Gamecube

Last Exile
17th August 2003, 10:38 PM
Read about it in a magazine last week, it sounds cool. The new Mario Kart will be able to be played online, and I can see F-Zero GX as an online game as well. Anyone heard of any other possibilities for the online forum?

Thy
18th August 2003, 09:02 AM
Accually Mario Kart will be LAN only. Sorry. But it is still cool. I could see F0GX as online, but Nintendo is trying to gradually ease into online play. Making sure that it fits the players needs. 3rd party companies can do online since it is their own online system. But Nintendo is still trying to prefect it's online abilities. Starting with Lan and getting bigger. I expect in a year and a half that Nintendo will start creating it own olnine games. But right now, Phantasy Star is the only one currently online.

en0miz
20th August 2003, 11:56 AM
Yeah, I wish Nintendo would start making online games already. Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc. would be so cool as online games. :>

I say the best online gaming setup would be Xbox Live... I don't really like the games, but voice chat and broadband only connections for the game is teh kickass.

Shadowfax
21st August 2003, 02:39 AM
you can use the new tunneling network system to play mario kart over the internet, im not too sure how it works though, you'd have to find someone who does :X

Optional87
25th August 2003, 07:16 PM
The tunnel stuff requires that you hook your computer, broadband connection, and gamecube to a hub/router and then setting the game up on the console to be in the like 'waiting for players' thing, then on your computer you meet up with guys in a big chat and organize a game, or join an existing one, kinda like battle.net or the like and then the software will route your ips through the routers to the consoles and it detects the internet connection if it were a real LAN connection and you play, it gets laggy (used it with xbox before live) but it does work nonetheless.

mic_128
25th August 2003, 11:53 PM
:o Right. I'll just wait for actual online play. Or until my brain stops hurting.