PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Aww, what an adorable...hermit crab? o.0

Rambunctious Jamirus
18th August 2003, 11:06 AM
Welcome to another Poll by me! Wow, I must be insane once again!

This poll will be about...your pets and other junk as usual! We'll be adding some spice in here so it doesn't get closed for being overused (I believe). Please do not reply if you have never had and don't have pet. That is stupid and a waste of time. This means if you've had a pet, you can still reply.

1. How many pet(s) (a pet can be anything that you consider yours that is alive and moves *I hope* This does not include the bugs outside your window) do you have, what kind is it (cat, Lab, angelfish, etc.), and what is/are his/her/their names?

2. Where did you receive/find/get this pet and why did you keep him/her?

3. How long have you had your pet(s)?

4. What other pet(s) have you had in the past?

5. Have you ever been to a Humane Society, Animal Shelter, or the Pound to adopt a Pet before?

6. What is the funniest thing you've ever heard that a pet has done?

7. What was the weirdest pet your parents had growing up (if they had any)?

~*~*~*~

1. I have four at the moment. I have two cats, one is a calico/siamese with half a black face and half a cream face and light blue eyes named Lilly-Mae while the other that I brought home yesterday (^-^) is part orange tiger cat and part long haired-black with a diamond shaped patch of the orange tiger cat fur on her face and one cream coloured paw. When she looks up, she looks like an armadillo. Her name's Diamondstar.
Then there's my Chocolate Lab, Nutmeg, with the obsession of eating. Snatches food whenever she can but she usually waits for it to drop on the ground. Usually.
And last but not least, my hermit crab, Tsunami! He's so adorable with his blue shell and he's very active when you put him down on something. My brother's died a day ago and he cried and cried...we're getting him another one though.

2. Nutmeg - my great-grandmother's Chocolate Lab that she gave away had puppies and I received Nutmeg from the owner. We brought her home when she was about 12 weeks I think...my memory isn't that good.
Lilly-Mae - We got her from the Animal Shelter. Her face attracted us before we knew she was a bit mean. Can't take her back as she already controls most of the house.
Tsunami - A small booth in the mall that sells hermit crabs for its living. Pretty neat really ^-^
Diamondstar - In my aunt's backyard behind a pile of bricks. She looked abandoned and we took her home with us yesterday. So sweet though she hisses...

3. Nutmeg - Over six years now...pretty old considering her lifespan.
Lilly-Mae - 2 years I believe...she's four now.
Tsunami - He's been here for a week now...heh...
Diamondstar - One day but I've known her for three days.

4. I've had seven fish before, another cat, and another Lab. I believe all of my fish are dead now, my cat died two years ago because of diabetes or another illness, and we had to give the Lab (the aunt of Nutmeg) away because she was wild.

5. Yes, I received Lilly-Mae from the Shelter and I sometimes volunteer there. One dog tried to eat my shoes...

6. A friend of mine said her brother trained her dog to steal underwear from the laundry. Then there was the goose my grandmother had that chased people around and when she gave it away, the lady strangled it until it was good.

7. An alligator. Yes, an alligator. My grandmother kept it in a fish bowl until it grew too big and she gave it to I believe my great-uncle. It died though because people kept dropping rocks on it.

Hexae
18th August 2003, 11:23 AM
1. How many pet(s) (a pet can be anything that you consider yours that is alive and moves *I hope* This does not include the bugs outside your window) do you have, what kind is it (cat, Lab, angelfish, etc.), and what is/are his/her/their names?
Blue - 7 year old cat, m
Zuri - 1.5 year old cat, m
Sa-ja - 4 month old cat, f
Ruby - 6 year old Basenji, f
Pal - 5 year old Basenji, m
Opal - 2? year old corn snake, f

Blue, Ruby, and Opal were from pet stores, and the other three were rescued. ^-^ We kept them because they're special and loved. :)

Blue - 7 years
Zuri - less than a year
Sa-ja - 3 months
Ruby - 6 years
Pal - a month
Opal - nearly a year

Fish.. :X And a lovely pomeranian that we had to give away.

5. Have you ever been to a Humane Society, Animal Shelter, or the Pound to adopt a Pet before?
Omg yes. :D We got Zuri at the pound, Sa-ja from an abandoned cardboard box at the pet food store, and Pal from Pennsylvania. :O I live in Ontario.

Zuri perches on top of Opal's aquarium daily and she cranes her neck up to say hello to him. :O

They weren't lucky enough to have pets, unfortunately..

MarshmallowEgg
18th August 2003, 11:26 AM
1. How many pet(s) (a pet can be anything that you consider yours that is alive and moves *I hope* This does not include the bugs outside your window) do you have, what kind is it (cat, Lab, angelfish, etc.), and what is/are his/her/their names? - I have three pets: A female calico cat named Cali, and two white rats named Scrumptious and Delicious. They're sisters.

2. Where did you receive/find/get this pet and why did you keep him/her? - Well, how we got our cat is a long story. Basically, though, these people in our apartments weren't taking care of her so she decided she liked us better, and when they moved, they left her behind, so now she's ours. We got our rats because there was a sixth grade teacher in my brother's school who was giving them away.

3. How long have you had your pet(s)? - We've had our cat for about a year and a half or so, longer if you count the time we didn't really own her but she hung out at our place anyway. We've had our rats since the beginning of May.

4. What other pet(s) have you had in the past? - Lesse... a male tabby cat named Baby Kitty; two male cats, one orange, one black named Garfield and Odie, respectively; a male tabby cat named Charlie; another male tabby cat named Tabby; a male black and white cat named Ari, a male black lab/springer spaniel mix named Samson, and a buttload of fish.

5. Have you ever been to a Humane Society, Animal Shelter, or the Pound to adopt a Pet before? - No, but I have been to an animal shelter. I just didn't adopt a pet.

6. What is the funniest thing you've ever heard that a pet has done? - My cat, Tabby, actually used the toilet once. I kid you not. He sat on the toilet and took a leak.

7. What was the weirdest pet your parents had growing up (if they had any)? - My dad had two pirhanas when he was a kid. One of them ended up eating the other one O_O

Elemental Seribii
18th August 2003, 11:28 AM
1. How many pet(s), and what is/are his/her/their names?
There's just Luc (er, yes. Say it like Luke). He's a golden retriever.

We went to a breeder, I think. We kept him because...we all wanted another dog.

He's almost two, I think. We've had him for about the same amount of time.

We had another golden, Charlotte, but had to be put down because she broke her back. We also had two Ki-seons (I have no idea how you spell that), when I was little. They ran away after we moved, they were staying with my aunt. I also killed off a ocean load of fish because I used to overfeed them when I was little. X3

No. My mom doesn't like getting animals from there. I wouldn't mind though.

Not something a pet had done, but, in an ad in the paper for a dog adoption, they had this dog that had this huge german shepard head, but a little dashund body. It was so cute, but very funny. ^-^;

My mom had a little dog when she was young, called Louis T. Rat. He apparently looked more like a rat than a dog, and was basically bald (but he wasn't meant to be). Oo;

Crystal Mew
18th August 2003, 11:40 AM
~*1. I have 2 pets...a dog, and a ferret. My dog's name is Lucky, my ferrets name is Rascal..or Baby as I like to call him :)

~*2. For my dog Lucky, my dad picked her up at a pound I think..and my ferret BAby we got at a pet store.

~*3. I've had my dog for...almost 10 years o_o' and my ferret almost 4 years

~*4. Hmm....goldfish, and hamsters, parakeets, and gerbils. I personally had 4 gerbils...Oreo, Trixie, Pixie, Dixie.. ;_;' *misses them* ._.' and I was little when we had the other pets ^_^' and we also had a cat..Smokey. She didn't really live in our house..we just fed her every day....then she got into a fight or something...never came back ;-;

~*5. My dog came from the pound....she was a puppy, and if no one adopted her in like..the next week, she was going to be put down..I guess thats why her name is 'Lucky' :yes:

~*6. My dog eats ice cubes. My ferret...well, every day he does something funny, lol like stealing my socks, shirts, and other shiny things :) and how he just stares at me in the moring cause he thinks I'm sleeping...hehe :} its funny. lol

~*7. I don't think they had weird pets... o_O' just alot of dogs. My dad had a chow, and my mom had like...9 dogs at one time o_o'

The_Missing_Link
18th August 2003, 11:46 AM
1) We have 2 cats and a hedgehog. Pete is a black American Shorthair, Gracie is a gray/white/brown Tabby and Quillbert is an African Pygmy

2) We found Pete and Gracie the same way although they aren't related. My cousin found Pete behind a Dunkin Donuts and took him home but my uncle didn't like that. We visited them and saw Pete so we took him home or else they would send him to the pound. As for Gracie, she was part of a litter and the same cousin wanted to keep her but my uncle said no. While we were visiting him, we saw Gracie but my parents didn't want another cat. In the end though, we took her back home or else she would be off to the pound as well. Quillbert, we got in a pet store because my sister wanted a hedgehog *shrugs*

3) Well, we both got Pete and Gracice before they were 2 months old so Pete has been with us for 10 years and Gracie for 5. Quillbert will be 2 years in December

4) We had a couple of goldfish that died due to overfeeding and flushing them down the toilet. We also had a Calico named Louisa May that my mom had before I was born. We put her to sleep in '93 or '94 due to a tumor in her throat. We didn't want her to suffer anymore. And we had a black Lab named Jake who we gave away because he was too active for us and we weren't the right family for him. We had a hampster also, named Abbott but he died due to sores on his body

5) We've only been to the shelter once, to get Jake. For the other animals, it was either the pet store or from my cousin

6) Nothing that I can think of O-o;

7) My mom and dad grew up with normal pets but my mom had 2 cats named Farfel and Stinky. To this day, I still don't know why they were named that --;

Espeon12
18th August 2003, 12:31 PM
1. How many pet(s) do you have, what kind is it (cat, Lab, angelfish, etc.), and what is/are his/her/their names?
Five pets: Two cats- Burger, a Maine Coon, and Oreo, a black and white shorthair of some sort. Luke is a husky/lab mix, and there's Sunny the cockatiel and a betta, Flame.

Burger is my oldest pet, he's at least ten. My aunt's cat had kittens, so we got him. We got Sunny from a nice breeder/bird store because I had wanted to get one for a very long time. One of my aunt's customers or friends had kittens she needed homes for, so we took Oreo. We got Luke from a pet store, after I had been sick with the flu and my mom saw him. I adore huskies, and we really needed another dog after our first one died. Flame was from a raffle at my old elementary school :\

Burger's the oldest; I think we got him in early 1992 after we moved into this house. We got Sunny in August of 2000 and Oreo sometime after... I don't remember exactly when. I believe we got Luke early 2002, and Flame last June.

Loads of aquarium fish for several years, and three budgies. Two of them I hardly remember, but the third, Popeye, was a gift from my grandpa. When I was really young, and back when we lived in our old house, we had a gray tabby kitten named Kitty. We didn't have her for that long, though; I think she ran away... And the dog I pretty much grew up with, Ashley. I was really messed up after she died...

No; there aren't any shelters around here that I know of. I'd gladly adopt from one, though.

I dunno... Sometimes Oreo will pounce Burger, but nothing is really that funny...

I don't think my parents had any especially weird pets, although my mom did have ducks o.O'

Kireihana52
18th August 2003, 01:08 PM
I have six. :) 2 Cats: Tigger & Oreo, 2 Dogs: Minnie & Red, 2 Ferrets: Ash & Frost. They're all so cute. XD

2) I got Oreo from my grandmother (she's always giving me stuff. XD) She actually looked diseased when she was a kitten, but my parents let me keep her anyway. Tigger is Oreo and my old cat Milo's kitten. Minnie is a pomeranian my mom got at a dog..place. =P Red was a stray who showed up around 7 years ago, and he was an adult dog then. Ash & Frost were both gotten at different times at the local pet shop, with my brother's Christmas and birthday money.

3) Oreo: Around 5 years, Tigger: 4 years, Minnie: 2 years, Red: FOREVER. XD Around 7 years ago, Ash: 3 years ago, Frost: A little less than 3 years ago.

4) A LOT. I've had a little turtle, albino frogs, miniature crabs, all kinds of fish, a mouse, a lot of parakeets, a few hamsters, and other cats and dogs. I don't want to even try to name them all, I'll just end up getting sad that they're gone.

5) I think my mom got Minnie at a kennel of some sort. I'm not really sure though.

6) My pets do a lot of funny things. Tigger, when she wants out of a room, she puts her paw under the door, and rolls over. She's really acrobatic. She also will purposely pull herself off a chair to amuse people. When she's happy, she vibrates her tail and her stomach gets.. chunky. And, she's 4 years old and still nurses from her mother.

Minnie eats anything fuzzy, even her own fur. When she wants food she stands up on her back feet forever and move her front feet. XD And she plays with her toys on her back, it's funny to watch.

Ash does this really cute thing where he puts his hands around his head and yawns. It looks just like that "Screamer" painting. XD And when you hold him and scratch his stomach, he moves his head around in circles.

Oreo used to lay on her back and spin around under this chair we had. o_o She also enjoys peeing in sinks. O___o;

My cat, Milo slept in the sink. =) He also slept in my hats.

Red makes weird whining noises, and whines in his sleep as well.

7) My mom had a bunch of weird pets for a short time.. oppossums, squirrels, skunks. O_O

Go here (http://www.geocities.com/bouquetofblackroses/petgallery.html) to see pictures of the cuties. ^_^

~Bethany

en0miz
18th August 2003, 11:01 PM
I have three guinea pigs, one male, two female. :) The male's name is Pumpkin, and the two females are Moonpie and Hoodini. Pumpkin and Hoodini are 'mutts', but Moonpie is an american short-haired guinea pig.

I first got Pumpkin for my 15th birthday at the local pet store. The stupid employees told me Pumpkin was a girl, so I then got a 'friend' for Pumpkin a month later. I named this 'pig Moonpie. ^^ Since Pumpkin turned out to be a male, you can guess what happened... anyways, Moonpie had three babies, two males and a female. I gave the two males away and kept the female, which I titled Hoodini. She can escape out of anything and enjoys climbing cage walls, which doesn't make sense since guinea pigs are docile creatures. >_> But whatever.

I've had Pumpkin for 10 months, Moonpie for 9 months, and Hoodini since she was born - which was 7 months ago. :wave:

I had three ferrets, Psycho Rat(don't ask x_X), Kido, and Garfield. I had them for about three years, but they soon came illegal in New York, so I gave them away. I would've just kept them, but Kido got lost so my dad decided it was best to give them up. .-. The sad part is that I live in an apartment.

I've been to one, but I couldn't adopt since I don't have a big enough place.

When Pumpkin stands on his hind legs for parsley (a favorite snack) or the first time I saw Hoodini climb up a cage wall. :D

My parents had the regular pets - cats, dogs. It sucks though because both my parents grew up in apartments and yet they were allowed to have large animals.