PDA

View Full Version : I challenge Super Pika

Drade130
18th August 2003, 06:37 PM
I want you one on one SP.

2 vs. 2 one poke out at a time
dq: 1 week, ill be pretty lenient
Arena: A HUGE mound of dirt, flattened at the top and hardened and stamped down, can be disrupted by earthquake and such. Its about 40 ft long and 20 feet wide. Its 500 feet in the air. Everyone can breathe fine and stuff, but if u fall off, u will be automaticaly knocked out. Before the poke hits the ground hes teleported back into his or her pokeball. The highest any flying pokemon can go his 15 feet into the air. So 515 feet really. Some pokemon, like Tyranitars and such are at a large (no pun intended) disadvantage. It can be burrowed into but too much digging or digging to close to the edge could cause it to collapse on the pokemon, fainting them.
I choose first, you attack first.
Ref: Cyrus maybe? Or SR? or Syb? I dont really care.

Cyrus
18th August 2003, 07:02 PM
I can ref this.

Drade130
18th August 2003, 07:03 PM
ok thx Cyrus. yousa a good ref.

Super pika
20th August 2003, 04:07 PM
What a battle feild, I never deny a challenge! I accept.

The Muffin Man
20th August 2003, 06:08 PM
Ummm, I hate to butt in, but how exactly will a Lanturn get around with NO water whatsoever?

Cyrus
20th August 2003, 09:09 PM
Cyros2002 (10:06:20 PM): is changing the intial pokemon sent out before the opponent posts illegal?
Charizard04621 (10:06:30 PM): yes
Charizard04621 (10:06:37 PM): you set it down, it's set down

E.i. it is illegal... Sorry Teddiursa89, I saw this come up before and this is how it was handled so I asked. Please repost your Lanturn and gender before SP posts his first choice.

Drade130
21st August 2003, 05:51 PM
ok sorry Zzap, male lanturn. will he just lay there then? even i s ive got a plan ready so moo.ill delete my last two posts.

Super pika
21st August 2003, 05:59 PM
This might sound silly right now, but, GO TOP GUN!!! (male areodactyl) Top gun, fly up to a certen point to make shure no electric attacks reach you, then, fire a hyper beam down to the fish.

Drade130
21st August 2003, 06:12 PM
thats only two attacks...

Swagger, Zzap, and make it loud. Make him cry. That dirty overused flying rock wont get the best of us. then use double team, and spread them out. Finally use an ice beam if he gets close, if not use supersonic.

This will be simple *Laughs evilly*

*joins in laughing evilly*

Swagger~Double Team~Ice Beam/Supersonic

Cyrus
22nd August 2003, 09:31 PM
T89, based on Chinchou being able to fight in the anime I will assume your Lanturn has some limited ability to move on land as well as no additional risk of suffocating.

Teddiursa89 vs. Super Pika:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Zzap: Swagger ~ Double Team ~ ice beam / Supersonic
Top Gun: Fly ~ Hyper beam

Battle:

As this match between the airborne reptile and the landlocked fish begins Top Gun takes wing and tries to rise to even greater heights above his foe. He does manage to accelerate quickly, until he reaches the invisible barrier limiting him to fifteen feet above the platform. As Top Gun rebounds and continues further away from his foe, Zzap attempts to draw his opponent back into range by insulting the dragon’s lizard-hood. Unfortunately instead of doubling back, the Aerodactyl vents his rage in the form of a single rolling wave of plasma. The plasma connects with a false image of Zzap as he splits in three. But to his horror the dirt hill collapses, a twenty foot deep mole hill no dimples at the center of the hill. Zzap’s unearthly wail disrupts Top Gun’s sense of balance enough that any complicated movements will likely fail.

Post battle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 100% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 100% (HP) 95% (Energy) | inner ear damaged

Arena: 20 foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill.

Drade130
23rd August 2003, 10:35 AM
Alright Zzap, lets take out this hyper beam happy rock. Forget about the clones,use rain dance. Then rain down upon him a shocking jolt of thunder. Finally, if hes not paralyzed, use thunder wave. If he is however, use zap cannon. If he uses hyper beam at any time, aim a confuse ray at him. If he tries again and is already confused, ice beam him.

Rain Dance/confuse ray~Thunder/ice beam/confuse ray~Thunder wave/zap cannon/confuse ray/ice beam

Youre smart, u can do it!

Super pika
24th August 2003, 04:24 PM
Top gun, use endure through the thunder, then, he can't atomaticly switch to confuse ray after already using an attack, so right after it shoots of the thunder wave (or zap cannon) use hyper beam! If a confuse ray heads your way... use safeguard.

Cyrus
24th August 2003, 04:27 PM
Super Pika, can you please rephrase your three commands so I can understand them? Some clarity would be helpful...

Super pika
24th August 2003, 08:36 PM
Umm, ok, lemme see.

Use endure when the thunder comes up. Use hyper beam right after the thunder wave or zap cannon start. Then, use safeguard.

Cyrus
26th August 2003, 01:16 PM
Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 100% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 100% (HP) 95% (Energy) | inner ear damaged

Arena: 20-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill.

Commands:

Zzap: Rain Dance ~ Thunder ~ thunder wave
Top Gun: Endure ~ Hyperbeam

Battle:

As the two continue, Zzap turns toward the heavens and offers a plea for rain. Not enjoying the sudden turn in atmospheric conditions the Aerodactyl simply hovers, trusting his trainer to have a plan for forfeiting his first action. Zzap, slowly sinking into pile of mud he has generated, calls down a bolt of lightning from the sky to smite his airborne opponent. Top Gun only hopes to endure the bolt as he continues to hang in the air. As the Lanturn releases a wave of electricity at Top Gun, the lizard releases a second gold beam of energy to drive the Lanturn deeper into the growing mud hill. Top Gun collapses into the hill of mud as the electrical charge plays through his body.

Post battle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 80% (HP) 70% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 90% (HP) 75% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, raining for 5 actions, dirt hill turning into mud

Super pika
26th August 2003, 01:40 PM
Top gun, hyper beam even more 3 times on Zzap.

Drade130
26th August 2003, 05:39 PM
i love how he thinks he can win with a single attack. Lets show him. First let yourself sink into the mud a little bit, making sure to cover yourself with it a bit, So he has a hard time aiming at you. then unleash your thunder upon him!

Thunderx3 or if sinking into mud takes an action just sink and then Thunderx2.

Cyrus
28th August 2003, 03:06 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 80% (HP) 70% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 90% (HP) 75% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, raining for 5 actions, dirt hill turning into mud

Commands:

Zzap: Sink ~ Thunder ~ Thunder
Top Gun: Hyperbeam ~ Hyperbeam ~ Hyperbeam

Battle:

Zzap looks at his trainer with concern in his eyes, sinking into the mud so that he is covered can’t be considered a good idea… Not only would it hamper accuracy, but mud isn’t conductive to breathing. While Zzap had been attempting to resist the pull of gravity, but with his trainer’s commands he allows himself to sink below the surface. Top Gun releases a golden beam of plasma to lance through the mud; the force deepens the hill, forcing the Lanturn further into the mud. Panicking, the waterborne creature forces his way back above the surface to draw breath and elevate the crushing force of the mud above him. Breaching the surface, Zzap trades electricity for plasma with the bird within the rain, both taking a severe beating.

Post battle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 40% (Damage Caps) (HP) 55% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 50% (damage caps) (HP) 45% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed

Drade130
28th August 2003, 06:10 PM
Screw it, Super Pika just uses cheap attacks and does it too often, funny how that runs. I dont care any more Thunderx3.

Cyrus
28th August 2003, 06:14 PM
Teddiursa89, offer a list of moves to consider short of the entire move pool please. As it stands you expect me to generate attacks to counter Super Pika's and that isn't fair. I have no faith in trained pokemon's instincts...

Drade130
28th August 2003, 06:16 PM
I didnt mean for u to do that. whatever then.

Cyrus
28th August 2003, 06:40 PM
I am just asking you to provide some attacks for your Lanturn to consider.

Super pika
29th August 2003, 09:19 PM
Umm, if this is a good time. Top gun, let's show him "cheap attacks" Beat a whirl wind down on the electric fish to make it sink down deeper, then hyper beam straight down on it 2x. That's what other trainers get when the cross me.

Cyrus
31st August 2003, 12:20 PM
Round 4:

Prebattle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 40% (Damage Caps) (HP) 55% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 50% (damage caps) (HP) 45% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed

Commands:

Zzap: Thunder ~ Thunder ~ Thunder
Top Gun: Whirl Wind ~ Hyperbeam ~ Hyperbeam

Battle:

As Zzap continues to sink further into the mud while calling down bolts of lightning from the sky Top Gun drags him back up with a brief whirlwind. Top Gun, the one hit wonder, returns to attempting to blast his opponent into submission with hyper beams. After the first blast Zzap’s called bolt of lightning appears to trigger a debilitating paralyzes, preventing the hovering Aerodactyl from flying and collapses into the mud. The third thunder strikes as the Aerodactyl continues to spasm.

Post battle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 20% (HP) 40% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 10% (damage caps) (HP) 25% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed | Sinking into Mud

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, raining for 2 actions, dirt hill turning into mud

Super pika
31st August 2003, 04:26 PM
Top gun, if you have to go down, then that lanturn's going with you. Use earth quake 3 times on the mud hill. It might end up in the both of you knocking out, but a Kamikazee is better then nothing.

Drade130
31st August 2003, 04:29 PM
wellzzap, we cant really much either. thunder times 3 i spose (lol here i am accusing SP of being cheap)

Cyrus
31st August 2003, 07:54 PM
Round 5:

Prebattle Stats:

Zzap (Lanturn, M): 20% (HP) 40% (Energy)
Top Gun (Aerodactyl, M) 10% (damage caps) (HP) 25% (Energy) | inner ear damaged | Paralyzed | Sinking into Mud

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, raining for 2 actions, dirt hill turning into mud

Commands:

Zzap: Thunder ~ Thunder ~ Thunder
Top Gun ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Battle:

The exhausted Top Gun succeeds in slamming his wings down on the mud and send Zzap into oblivion. With a last grunt the mighty bird falls into unconsciousness due to exhaustion.

Post battle:

Teddiursa89 sends first, Super Pika sends, Teddiursa89 attacks, Super Pika attacks.

Drade130
31st August 2003, 07:55 PM
how do i get the honor of sending first and attacking first?

Cyrus
31st August 2003, 07:58 PM
Order of fainting then maintaining the original order of attacking. But that does seem off so SP attacks first.

Drade130
31st August 2003, 08:00 PM
thanks lol. I choose Stryken, my male Scyther!

Super pika
31st August 2003, 09:43 PM
I send Felix. (femeale butterfree) Felix, use attract. Then, use sleep powder. After that, psychic.

Drade130
1st September 2003, 04:48 PM
alright my little green fiend. Close your eyes. Shecant get u to like her if u cant look. Then use safeguard and end with an agility high into the air!

Cyrus
1st September 2003, 08:39 PM
Round 6:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, dirt hill turning into mud

Commands:

Felix: Attract ~ Sleep Powder ~ Psychic
Stryken: Close eyes ~ Safeguard ~ Agility

Battle:

As the two flying insects are released they take a measure of the arena. To their joint despair the pillar of mud proves insufficient to support either of them if their wings tire. While Stryken, blindly following his trainer’s orders closes his eyes in the hopes of disbelieving his opponent’s tricks for the time being; his foe visibly flushes releasing pheromones into the air. The pheromone target the olfactory within her opponent’s nose and warps his opinion of the butterfly. Ignoring the sudden onset of lust, the Scyther retains sufficient mental capacity to generate a ward to turn Felix’s cunning plan into nothing more than a brilliant wave of golden spores. Turning to the relatively clear sky the Scyther summons a supernatural burst of speed to leap into air. Or at least until he reaches the fifteen foot ceiling from the edge of the mud pillar. Not given time to recover, Stryken is jerked toward the mud. As the grip shatters, the Scyther is able to catch himself before sinking into the mud.

Post battle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 100% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 85% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Slight Attraction to Felix | Safeguard (5 actions)

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, dirt hill turning into mud

Drade130
7th September 2003, 09:30 AM
oops forgot its my turn. Alright Stryken, use false swipe! that should scare him for a sec. Then use swift strike, a combo of slash and agility, meaning an extremely fast slash with more force.

False Swipe~Swift Strike

Super pika
7th September 2003, 03:47 PM
Felix, super sonic so you can try to make him miss the false swipe and any other attack! Then, if the mantus is succsessfully confused, use stun spore. After that, send him flying into the mud with psychic!

SUBS: If the scyther is not succesfully confused, use psybeam instead of stun spore.

Super sonic~stun spore/psybeam~psychic

Cyrus
7th September 2003, 08:54 PM
Round 7:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 100% (HP) 85% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 85% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Slight Attraction to Felix | Safeguard (5 actions)

Commands:

Felix: Super Sonic ~ Stun Spore ~ Psychic
Stryken: False Swipe ~ Slash + Agility

Battle:

As Stryken considers the position the lady he intends to have relations with has placed him in, he accepts his trainer’s initial order simply because it will allow him to demonstrate his combat prowess while avoiding any lethal blows he might otherwise land. The flurry of merciful blows frighten the butterfly, but not enough to prevent her from emitting a wail that disrupts her opponent’s sense of balance. Ignoring the sudden inability to tell which way was up or down the Scyther ignores everything else but the location of his foe and with a series of powerful flaps of his wings launches himself toward her. Felix releases a cloud of spores that fail to effect the Scyther as he lashes out against her. She falls back under the force of the blow cursing her foe’s use of safeguard as she forces the Scyther toward the mud. Unable to tell which way is up, Stryken splashes into the mud.

Post battle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 75% (HP) 70% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 70% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Slight Attraction to Felix | Safeguard (2 actions) | Experiencing Vertigo (2 actions) | Sinking into the mud

Super pika
8th September 2003, 09:35 AM
Felix, use whril wind to stir up the mud. Then sunny day. Then solar beam straight down on Stryken.

Drade130
8th September 2003, 06:25 PM
use Swift Strike one more time to push her farther down. Then use double team.

Cyrus
11th September 2003, 03:22 PM
Round 8:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 75% (HP) 70% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 70% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Slight Attraction to Felix | Safeguard (2 actions) | Experiencing Vertigo (2 actions) | Sinking into the mud

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill, dirt hill turning into

Commands:

Felix: Whirlwind ~ Sunny Day ~ Solarbeam
Stryken: Agility + Slash ~ Double Team

Battle:

Stryken attempts to leap from the pool of mud with a sudden supernatural burst of speed, but fails to clear the puddle. Whether this is due to the sudden cycle generated by Felix, the lack of balance or a combination of both remains unclear. As Stryken’s mind clears somewhat he watches as the clouds are purged from the sky. With a renewed sense of balance Stryken succeeds in rising above the mud, taking a moment to generate a trio of false images to hide within before his foe blasts him again. Felix’s burst of focused solar energy shreds one of the images as Stryken moves above the pool.

Post battle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 75% (HP) 55% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 70% (HP) 45% (Energy) | 2 False Images

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill | Trivial moisture (8 actions) | Mud dried by next action

Drade130
13th September 2003, 12:52 PM
k, double team again, make sure to circle him with clones. Then use agility and run (or fly) circles around him. That should get him confused a bit. Finally go in and strike with skull bash!

Super pika
14th September 2003, 09:39 AM
Ok, Felix, he's open. Use toxic on the one that produces the clones. Then, fire solar beam 2 times at the bugs spining around.

Cyrus
15th September 2003, 11:10 PM
Round 9:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 75% (HP) 55% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 70% (HP) 45% (Energy) | 2 False Images

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill | Trivial moisture (8 actions) | Mud dried by next action

Commands:

Felix:
Stryken: Double Team ~ Agility ~ Skull Bash
Felix: Toxic ~ Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam

Battle:

Hovering above the dried out pool mud Stryken and Felix continue to ***** foot around the issue at hand. Stryken generates a trio of false images while Felix spews toxins that wash away one of the clones. The quintet of Scythers circles the butterfly as another incredibly ineffective burst of solar energy obliterates another of the mantis’s images. Felix is helpless against the unnaturally fast bull rush from Stryken. The aerial head butt sends her spinning through the air. The Butterfree manages to recover before colliding with the brittle pile of mud. Releasing another beam of heavily resisted energy, Felix knocks the stunned Scyther into the invisible barrier limiting the maximum possible height.

Post battle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 50% (HP) 40% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 63% (HP) 25% (Energy)

Super pika
16th September 2003, 09:37 AM
Felix, send poison powder everywhere 2 times. Then use protect against any coming attack.

Drade130
17th September 2003, 05:22 PM
lets go simple. Safeguard immediately. Then bring on razor wind twice!

Cyrus
19th September 2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry for the delay, Isabella caused some problems with power, then the clean up appears to have caused some difficulties with my cable connection

Round 10:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 50% (HP) 40% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 63% (HP) 25% (Energy)

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill | Trivial moisture (5 actions) | Mud dried by next action

Commands:

Felix: Poison Powder ~ Poison Powder ~ Protect
Stryken: Safeguard ~ Razor Wind ~ Razor Wind

Battle:

Felix, intending to poison his annoyingly persistent foe, releases wave after wave of poisonous spores into the air. While observing the coming waves Stryken generates ward to stave off the poisons in the air. Weathering the pollen that continues to fall Stryken cuts into his foe with a single razor edged gust of wind. As Stryken releases his second wave Felix raises a barrier to prevent the blow.

Post battle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 40% (HP) 20% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 63% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Safeguard Active (5 actions)

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill | Trivial moisture (2 actions) |

Drade130
19th September 2003, 05:59 PM
fly up high into the sky and take a break (while staaying in the air of course).

Fly~Break~Break

Super pika
21st September 2003, 05:16 PM
Felix, while it's flying, use attract. Then, while it's taking it's breaks, use solar beam 2 times.

Cyrus
23rd September 2003, 08:35 PM
Round 11:

Prebattle Stats:

Felix (Butterfree, F): 40% (HP) 20% (Energy)
Stryken (Scyther, M): 63% (HP) 10% (Energy) | Safeguard Active (2 actions)

Arena: 30-foot deep mole hill in the center of the dirt hill | Trivial moisture (2 actions) |

Commands:

Felix: Attract ~ Solarbeam ~ Solarbeam
Stryken: Fly ~ Break ~ Break

Battle:

As Stryken flutters his wings to again bump into the invisible ceiling above the dirt pile Felix releases another batch of her pheromones into the air, enticing her opponent into relative inactivity, not that he has anything planned other than to replenish some of his energy. Felix draws on the brilliant energy around her and levels a blast of energy at the Scyther. While it successfully connects she is left exhausted. As the unnatural brightness ends, Felix releases her final burst of energy in the form of another orb. Stryken weathers the blast as Felix collapses and connects with the dirt below.

Post battle Stats:

I declare Teddiuras89 victor. Congratulations to you both for a well fought battle.

Super pika
24th September 2003, 08:59 AM
(re-calls Felix ) That was a nice battle. (plants a berry in the hill) Carefull, it's a rabuta. (tries to walk off but falls off the edge) AHH!!!

Drade130
28th September 2003, 10:47 AM
didnt see it was reffed, thanks to cyrus for reffing and SP for a good battle. Ok I think I'll evolve Stryken into a Scizor.