PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] This Forum is Completely Dead

[Kenobi]
18th August 2003, 09:18 PM
The RBY Forum at TPM is so dead that I have completely stopped even checking it...if anyone has any idea to make it more active then please suggest it because RBY is the best game in the pokemon series and always will be, yet this forum is still dead. Maybe some kind of team rating topic or a tournament to at least give this forum some of the action it deserves. I would be willing to host a tournament if enough people signed up... Anyway post your thoughts

Solution
19th August 2003, 04:16 PM
Basicly, the IBT was JMC's best idea yet. There hasn't been one in awhile besides the current one, and we got good people willing to play in it. It rekindled my interest in RBY(I still battled, but I practiced alot more). I think after the current one is done, we should eventually start another one. I don't think that we should just start any old tourney, people lose interest in those easily, the best tournies are usually made by clogger or r3d, because they can get good people to join from other boards.

Crazy
23rd August 2003, 11:01 AM
Ok let us get one thing straight,RBY are not the best just because they were first.Those games have the worst graphics,and some of the worst gameplay,it is kinda boring.But the game is still good and people should play it more,and this should be a more active forum.

RaZoR LeAf
23rd August 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Crazy
Ok let us get one thing straight,RBY are not the best just because they were first.Those games have the worst graphics,and some of the worst gameplay,it is kinda boring.But the game is still good and people should play it more,and this should be a more active forum.

It still amazes me that people made comments on the graphics of games without realising that they are old games. Of course they have worse graphics, but it's incomparable to the new games.

There have been team making topics in here as games, there should be one around if you have a lok. Tournies, if you can sort one out are fine, but if it's to keep this forum alive, it has to be kept to this forum not moved to PBS directly.

Crazy
23rd August 2003, 01:59 PM
I knwo that it was a old game,but they could have drew the monsters in a sraight line instead it is all fuzzy and jagged.DO you see what I mean?Oh yeah and it is kinda boring...But it is still good just not the best.

Charizard04621
23rd August 2003, 02:07 PM
I personally don't care that the graphics suck... The point of RBY is battling, not beating the Elite Four or collecting 151 pokémon. You get nice pictures at the PBS, so you don't have to look at bad graphics. Yeah.

andyizcool
23rd August 2003, 04:44 PM
I see that this place has died out because a lot of people have moved on to RuSa now. If you think about there would be no RuSa or GSC without the good old RBY. This was my first GB game and I loved it now I'm on Pokemon Sapphire and I still like the game because you can battle friends. Trading Pokemon from GSC to RBY can help with a few new attacks as well.

~Andrew

Vineon
24th August 2003, 05:58 PM
Pikapeace made a tournament for the rby forum once that was semi-success, I dont think it'll be viable anymore to make a rby forum based tournament but it may still be the answer to put a little life in here. :[

Solution
25th August 2003, 03:51 PM
pikapeace's tourney was fun, and the first RBY tourney I ever participated in. Vineon and a few others who I can't remember were on my team, and basically our team raped every competitor(no one knew that vineon was the best rby battler at the time, he crushed everyone). :]

andyizcool
26th August 2003, 07:54 AM
What was this RBY Tournament like and how did you battle on it?

~Andrew

Moonlight Espeon
6th September 2003, 07:04 PM
RBY probably had the best "storyline", because it's actually a full adventure instead of just wandering around looking for some other Pokemon. Yeah, so what, the graphics suck. Who cares? It's still the best game battle-wise, and it (I THINK) has the most trainers to fight possible. Plus, it has WAY more glitches, which makes you feel like an evil cheater >=D Plus, it has a LOT more GREAT Pokemon, the Pokemon in future games are way too.. well.. "cute". These look like real fighting machines, and it's fun to battle with them.

By the way, Crazy, I think you need punctuation in your posts because they are almost unreadable.

SWAMPERT1
7th September 2003, 12:30 AM
i agree totally with the above poster. rby is the best pokemon game(s)

Vineon
8th September 2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by andyizcool
What was this RBY Tournament like and how did you battle on it?

~Andrew

Pokemon Battle Simulator..

you have 1000+ posts, maybe its time you know realise there is an Online Battling Forum :(

jet1213
8th September 2003, 07:29 PM
this forum could be changed into tpms official spam forum

that'd be real 8)

Jay
9th September 2003, 03:14 AM
Go on, Jet, keeps this forum more active XD

What's wrong with the gameplay? The actual RBY games last longer than the GSC ones, or insanely close anyway. What would you expect from the others? GSC/RS to be worse than RBY? I think people need to show common sense.

Bob54321
10th September 2003, 04:48 AM
I think the interest in RBY from pure GSC players going to RS when they realise the battling style in RS is like RBY and they will come to learn from the best....

But then again, they probably just stay in the RS forum....

RaZoR LeAf
10th September 2003, 07:32 AM
Spam Forum? I don't think so. I'd imagine with the news of Red and Green being remade that popularity will increase somewhat.

Moonlight Espeon
12th September 2003, 08:08 PM
This forum is very capable of being active, but what happens is exactly this: people go to this forum for a little while and then they see the G/S/C forum and they go "omg new technology X)" and they go there. Then they go to GSC for a while. When they see RS, they go yet again "omg new technology" and they go off to there. It's very frustrating to me, because I enjoyed Yellow very much. This forum deserves more than the activity gives it credit for. Yeah, sure, you could make tournaments and games and anything you could think of, but it still doesn't change the fact that people like things that are newer. I must say, though, Red, Blue and Yellow are probably the best games in the Pokemon series. Case closed.

As for the remaking thing, yes, if they do remake those games for GBA it will make RBY a LOT more active, because as I said before, it will be the newest technology and people will like it simply for that.