PDA

View Full Version : ?!.'s of Pokemon

Powarun
19th August 2003, 04:00 PM
Now I have agreed that I wanted to post the fic on my birthday but seeing how I kept writing chapters and they would get deleted by my stupid computer I am finally going to post the fic. the part you are first going to read are some general key parts in it so the readers, you, will not be to confused come later chapters.

The small explanation of the Watermelon league

Rules:
1.1 A trainer must get their homework badge to compete with other gyms.
1.2 A trainer may not trade a pokeorb with a hidden power installed.
1.3 A trainer shall not kill or injure a pokemon unless it is for a life threatening purpose.
1.4 A trainer my not tell another person how many or where gyms are located but they may give clues.
1.5 A trainer may only catch a pokemon within a pokeorb, those who own more than one pokeball will be banned from league competion.
1.6 A captured pokemon may be given away, traded, or sold but not the person who receives the pokemon must have written permission that he/she did not steal the pokemon.
1.7 One may not use a Light pokemon attack until they get their 4th badge unless they have a Light hidden power.
1.8 Pokedex’s and other portable electronic devices that help out a trainer are banned, if a trainer wants to find information they may go to a Library to look it up.

Um changes in general
There is a light type now let me explain about this.

The light type is sorta like a Normal type but with different strengths and weaknesses. The new type are immune to dark and poison pokemon, but the are weak to normal and fighting. They are strong against, Psychic, ghost and dark pokemon. Pokemon types that can resist the Light attacks are as following, Normal, Ice and Fire.

Changes in pokemon types.
Charizard is Fire Dragon
Ampharos is a Electric Dragon
Togepi is a light type
Togentic is a Light Flying type.
Azurill is a Water Ice type, although when it evolves it just becomes the water type
Cloyster is an Ice Steel type, with a water veil pokemon power that protects it from fire attacks.
Sunflora is Light Grass
Bellosom is Light Grass
Sceptile is a Grass Dragon
Dustox Dark Bug
Pinsir Bug Dark
Magmar Fighting Fire
Noctowl Dark Flying
Pidgeot Light Flying
Electabuzz is Fighting Electric
Rattatta is Light Normal
Ledian is a Fighting Bug
Gyrados is Water Dragon

The electric type is strong against steel type

Chapter 1 take 2. Intro, the night before the releasement

Rochelle,

The rain pelted against the windows, making faint little pings and pangs, I was sitting on the couch playing old NES video games through my dad’s Porygon 2. The tv screen glowed dully among the dark room, casting evil shadows against the walls, but barely did I ever lift my head to check what is going on, Super Mario 3 is one of the best games ever. A tall figure walked passed me, turning on a light.

“Its bad for your eyes to watch TV in darkness.” Mom snapped. I rolled my eyes and turned the lights off as she left. I continued playing until the power went out, and my father’s “Gamecube” went berserk. I smacked the pokemon in the head, and began to wonder feeling around hoping to find the door. Mom’s Plusle slammed the door open, she wore a huge grin. I scooped the glowing pokemon up, and held it above my head.

“Ha ha, very funny mom, now turn the power back on or else your Plusle will get it.” I yelled joking around with mom. Mom returned the yell, but her voice didn’t have any laughter in it “hand my sweet little Plusle, Rochelle, I didn’t turn the power off, can you help me find Minun?”

I held the pokemon over my head using its faint glow like a flashlight, Gamecube followed now colored in neon pink and a snot colored yellow. Struggling to free herself, she gave me a small jolt, then flying out of my hands into the darkness. The small jolt, was enough to temporarily parlaying my legs making me stumbled down the stairs. I gave out a loud ear piercing shriek when it finally ended, and began my mouse hunt. Crawling on my hands and knees I noticed a fair amount of blue light zapping a TV. I motioned to Porygon 2 to use a small a thunder wave attack to stun Minun. The lump of polygons looked at me, then sent small wave of yellow light at Minun temporarily stunning it. I jumped up and caught the thing, and carried it down into the basement.

“Caught Minun, did Plusle get to you?” I asked, eager to play video games some more. I handed Mom the rodent, whom she inserted into a glass container.

“no, I saw her come down here but she ran as soon as she saw me at the electrical box.” A disappointed mom said. I glanced around the room but no signs of the electric red glow anywhere. “Fine, Rochelle, I am going to do something you will never be allowed to do with your pokemon in my house.” Mom said bitterly. I sensed her hand going into her pocket, then the sound of a pokeball popping open. “Sneasle I want you to use an icy wind attack to find Plusle and when you find the little bugger I want you to give her a nice slap on the back and then you can bring her here.” Mom ordered, the Sneasle’s sharp eyes bowed down then disappeared into the darkness. A loud yelp, followed by a slash and another yelp followed by electric sparks was the short battle.” The Sneasle returned holding his prize, the tiny Plusle wiggled helplessly for Sneasle’s cold blades were dangerously close to her neck.

”Don’t try to kill her.” I moaned, the Sneasle gave an angry look at me then focused upon his owner. I knew if Sneasle could speak to me it would have said, “Why not, she is fresh meat.”

“Sneasle return, now Plusle, you need to go into the tank and restore the power to our house.” Mom said grabbing her precious rodent and tossing her into the glass cage. “Now you two, use a thunder attack, Rochelle make sure the lights work upstairs, we don’t know when your father will come home with your pokemon yet.” Mom ordered, I marched up the stairs, slumping, and kicking the little toys that littered the ground. The nicely decorated upstairs was quickly lit, and the TV turned on, hypnotizing me forward.

“Gamecube be a good pokemon, and let me finish Super Mario 3.” I yelled, the pokemon immediately gave a small bow changed its colors to silver and indigo, and a controller popped out of its chest, and from the end of its tail a cable was inserted to the TV, thank god Porygon 2 were developed like that. A loud rumbling of thunder shook the house, and a door burst open to reveal dad soaked to the core, a safari ball in one hand and an ultra ball in the other. I immediately ran up to him, giving him a huge hug, and asked about a thousand questions of where he went and what pokemon did he get me. He took off his large rain coat and left it outside, so it would stay wet.

“Rochelle, my beautiful Rochelle, I got you your pokemon, and I expect you to leave tomorrow with your pokemon, you will have to go to the Watermelon League’s week long spring camp, so you can become a pokemon trainer.” He said gravely, handing me the ultra ball. I grasped the treasure, and set it down on the table.

“What? You are dumping me off there, tomorrow? That’s not fair.” I said. But his reaction was surprising, he gave a warm smile.

“We aren’t leaving you, I have been preparing for this moment since the day you were born, for you to have freedom of your own choices, you will understand, once you have kids, that you may get sick of them laying around doing nothing and wanting them to lead themselves to their destine paths not their parents, oh no, not them.” Dad said a feeling of warmth followed his voice. I just stared at him, spacing out into my own thoughts of premature responsibility.

“Sooo, what pokemon did you get her?” Mom asked, he jumped a little, but I heard her footsteps.

“Fierce, you, our daughter and I know that she got a Swablu, I told you that I was getting her one.” He explained, I was sick of hearing that speech, I was told I could catch what ever pokemon I wanted but I must have my first pokemon, Swablu with me at all times.

“Is there anything special about this Swablu?” I asked. Dad gave a deep sigh meaning a long explanation.

“yes, that Swablu was captured in the family’s fountain, the Swabson’s been given a Swablu for generations, its just that I was skipped do to a stupid idiot who messed the hole thing up. Your Swablu, had to be reincarnated from my mistake instead of a child of another, which is the explanation for its wonderful yellow coat instead of a light Periwinkle that most Swablu are colored.” Dad finished, I then ran up to my bedroom eager to release my new pokemon.

The stairs were much easier to climb with the lights on, but it did not help that my room was still a mess. Clothes and papers of written stuff filled most of it, I was still unsure what to wear to certain gym battles but as an old saying goes, Time will Tell. I released the small pokemon into my world, letting it get to know me. The mystical golden pokemon soared in circles around my room, giving off small chirps, luring me to a deep sleep.

Powarun
21st August 2003, 02:57 PM
Um to all the past or present or future 31 people who have read this. Thank you.

Chapter 2, take 3. erg this is getting really annoying retyping chapters

Rochelle,

The sweet aroma of autumn surrounded the area, and once green trees were of beautiful crimson reds, mustard yellow, and rotten brown, Swablu’s body fitted in perfectly, all exept for her clouded wings, which quickly began to pick up leaves and twigs. The songbird flew delightfully above me, yet would turn her eyes toward me every once and a while. I kept a steady pace, checking the surroundings for any pokemon. A few Diglet popped out of their holes staring at me, but as soon as I turned my head they would shoot underground. Eventually I began to sense the pokemon and began to chuck rocks at them when they thought I wasn’t looking, but even that got boring. Miles down the road did I meet something interesting, a sign,

<-to Watmel City, that’s where I lived, -> to Plum City and the Plum City Gym \!/ to Hell, a permanent marker drew that arrow. I gave a soft chuckle, and began to walk to Lum City. As dusk came upon us I made camp, after every thing was checked, I watched the flames of the small fire I made twist and turn, jump up and down, sucking the energy out of the dead leaves and twigs I picked. As they died away leaving little embers, I was confused, was I happy being a trainer, most kids are hyped up about it that they would stay up to late, but I was different, I really didn’t care, it was more as a life chose by someone else.

The sun slowly rose over the horizon, peaking into the thin clothe of my tent. My eyes slowly came to focus as I stared at the yellow pokemon with great white wings covering her eyes, I gave her a soft poke in the back, startling the little thing. She rolled her eyes then tried to fall back to sleep, but I prodded again and nipped my finger.

“OW! Swablu, its time to wake up!” I said sternly, the little pokemon gave a big yawn, then arose. I rubbed my fingers through its soft cloud like wings, they felt like cotton.

“Swablu, blu blu, swa, blu.” She cooed trying to settle down again, but I took her out of the tent, and packed up. The pokemon soared overhead as I began to walk toward the next city. Several eyes would look at me, but would not reveal their bodies so I kept walking, besides I didn’t have any pokeball, since for some strange reason the league banned them exept to use to capture your first pokemon.

A man dressed in tan clothes popped out of the bushes a few miles down the road. “Hey, missy, where ya heading, to da gym, well come with me if ya want a badge.” He said, his voice was sorta country like.

“Wait, we are not in the city yet, so how can I get a badge if there isn’t a gym around?” I said suspicious, mom and dad but mom especially warned me about gangs and teams and stuff like that. The guy gave a sly chuckle then turned to the forest.

“For a beginner you are pretty wise, most trainers are gullible whom do not question things. Fine, well its not a gym badge but it is a required badge, you see the league sponsors new trainers by setting them up through a trials.” He said.

“Are you just trying to lure me in a trap by telling me lies?” I asked feeling that this man was a con man. He gave another chuckle then put his hand in his pocket and withdrew a piece of paper.

“Ha, ya don’t trust me enough, eh, well here ya go, an officia letta from the Watamelan league.” He said. I grabbed the paper form his hand and quickly scanned the letter, it had the official symbol, and it did say badge several times.

“Okay okay I believe you, now take me to the trial area.” I demanded, the guy broke into a greedy smile.

“Follow me.” He said slyly. (Authors note, slyly is a weird word.) He then ran into the bushes, and kept running through the forest. It was next to impossible to keep up with him, he kept running behind trees and junk,

“Slow down.” I called out, but I lost him. Dang it, I lost him. I turned my head up into the sky and shouted at Swablu. “Can you find him?” She down by my side and faced the left. “Go left right?” I asked, the pokemon gave a confused look. “I meant left?” I corrected. Swablu gave a happy chirp darting left then right, then forward followed by a U turn to another left then forward. I followed the best I could taking shortcuts through small shrubs, eventually meeting Swablu and the tan suited guy.

“There’s one requirement checked off, the ability to let the pokemon guide you, now just a few more left.” The guy commented watching me struggle through bushes and seeing an outline of a dirty camp site. A bunch of pokemon was playing, a speedy Psyduck, ran into a Volbeat, the angered Volbeat then released some electrical attack and shocked the Psyduck to the ground. I gave out a laugh, but the guy looked at me like if I committed a crime.

“Ya know its not nice to laugh at a pokeman’s fall.” He said annoyed. A sudden urge to punch the guy was in my mind but he soon walked off.

“Wait, what am I supposed to do now so I can get out of here.” I cried out. The guy ignored me and walked off. I waited watching some more pokemon play, a Weedle trying to climb a tree but a Pineco kept knocking it down, a Houndour trying to battle an Eevee but the Eevee kept staring at the Weedle, the brave never failing Weedle. A red beam sucked the Pineco up, and the Weedle was able to get to the top of the tree, I looked up to see a female, a little shorter than me but wearing the same out fit as they guy come up to me.

“So I guess you are my new friend for the day, my name is Jennie, and I will be your guide for the day.” She said in a cheerful voice. Why was she happy, her life consists of watching beginner trainers fail at the easiest tasks.

“Well Jennie, my name is Rochelle, and this is my pokemon Swablu.” I greeted holding my hand out for a handshake but got a hug instead.

“Rochelle, that’s a cute Swablu, how did you get its color like that?” She asked her voice light hearted and full of cheerfulness.

“Well it was supposed to be my dad’s but the Swablu died then reincarnated and instead of blue or green it turned yellow, now what am I supposed to do to get my badge?” I asked, she gave a wide smile, her blue eyes lighting up over a stupid question.

“You first need to understand how and why to use hidden power AND how to properly use a pokeorb, then you NEED to catch a POKEMON, and finally show battle STRAT-E-GIES!!!!” She said making the capitalized words sound important. “Rochelle, follow me into my tent so we can get started, OKAY!” She then held my hand like if I was a ten year old, I was actually 15, and brought me into a pink tent with an electric blue sleeping bag. Her tone of voice changed into a rushed whisper the moment we entered. “Don’t ask questions now unless if I tell you, this is very important and I want to get out of here but my brother won’t let me so please play along.” She urged.

“Good you aren’t one of those air heads.” I muttered, she acted like if she didn’t listened and withdrew a glass sphere from her bag.

“This Rochelle is a pokeorb and exclusive to the Watermelon league, we use it to catch pokemon, I looked you up on our beginning trainers database and noticed that you moved from Oldale to Watmel City only a few years ago. Now Pokeorbs have properties unlike those of other pokemon catching devices. They are the only pokemon capturing system that actually needs a human to power it up and it can teach pokemon certain powers a normal pokemon wouldn’t.” She explained, handing me the glass orb, after examining its smooth surface she held her hand out and I returned the ball to her.

“Now you are probably wondering what kind of human powers, well after some experimenting with TM’s studies show a human can learn hidden power, but it wouldn’t do anything of use. Well some scientists thought of an idea to transfer that power to make a pokemon catching device, and that is how Pokeorbs were started. Now the pill I am going to give you will not harm you in anyway, unless if you over dose and become to power hungry.” She explained handing me a Tm tablet, it was probably just a Advil anyway so I swallowed it. What did I get to lose?

A sudden surge of energy flew through my veins, it felt like I was being electrocuted yet it didn’t hurt, and as soon as I felt it, it was gone. “What just happened?” I gasped, noticing my fingernails were painted with yellow thunderbolts.

“Oh, so your Hidden Power is the electric type, that’s cool I am an ice type,” Jennie said showing me the little ice crystals embedded in her fingernails. “Now that the dangerous part is done, I am going to give you the pokeorb and I want you to grasp it and focus your energy into it.” She handed the glass orb back to me, and I gripped it. I concentrated on the ball held in my hand, feeling little shocks from my veins, and before my eyes I was transferring electric currents into the pokeorb.

“I did it!” I cheered showing Swablu what I did, but she laid asleep on top of Jennie’s sleeping bag.

“Well you are alive, now it’s the hard part, you need to catch a pokemon, and here are some pointers, one if a pokemon is attacking you, grab it and do the same thing you did to the pokeorb to release the pokemon off of you but you can not do that with Ground types, second, this is the most annoying part, make sure the pokemon can not dodge the pokeorb when you throw it, since if it breaks it takes 24 hours to repair, and you have to go to the second gym for another pokeorb.” She explained, ushering me out.

“How many gyms are there?” I asked climbing out of the pink tent.

“I don’t know, now I want to see you by 10:00 pm tonight.” She waved, putting on her fake smile. I turned to my unhappy awake Swablu, “Tonight we will set off with a new friend.” I said cheerfully heading out toward the forest.

Taking a few steps into the forest I met my first pokemon that didn’t run away, it was one of my favorites, an Oddish, its midnight blue body clashed with its bright red eyes, and its spring green leaves that resembled the softest of all grasses, it was an awesome pokemon. I sent out Swablu, “Swablu start off with a Peck attack.” I ordered, but she turned her head confused. “You know the attack where you hit the pokemon with your beak.” I said, she then dove down to Oddish then poked her nose at it gently. “NO, that’s not it you force your beak to hurt it!” I yelled the pokemon gave a swift nod, then drilled her beak into the Oddish, the small grass type quickly dug underground and never popped back up. Dang it.

I scoured the area further trying to find a pokemon that I accepted, Rattatta, no they are to ugly, Drozee they are UGLY they would insult my whole appearance, Sentret although cute were just not my style, Wurple, its not that I don’t like bugs but I didn’t like that one. “Swablu, use a wing attack on that Togepi,” I ordered, the yellow pokemon gave a confused look again. “Swablu, you don’t even know your own attacks, well wing attack is where you take your wings and flap them fiercely to create a sharp gust of wind.” I explained but the pokemon gave another confused expression. I spread my arms like if I was a bird then pushed them forward acting like if I was using wing attack. The two pokemon laughed very hard then before my eyes the Togepi teleported in a lime green flash.

“Okay Swablu, tomorrow we will teach you all your moves since you don’t know them.” I shot giving the pokemon a dirty look then returned the bird to its delightful little ball. I then spent the rest of the afternoon fruitless. Night soon fell upon me, blanketing the ground with its darkness, I stumbled upon many logs trying to find the fire, but an eerie violet glow was speeding past me every few seconds and after the dark energy passed an odd chill followed. Dundut du-n.

Powarun
23rd August 2003, 10:37 PM
<-- how do you like the fic, heres crickets.

Chapter3 take 2, yay I am almost caught up.
All chapters will be in the point of view of Rochelle unless otherwise noted.

Oh I wish I had a Silph scope right now, since the gaseous form was surely a pokemon. I tried to run away further but the things amazing speed kept up; finally I decided to battle it. “Go Swablu.” I called out, throwing the Ultraball down, releasing the bird pokemon. Swablu gave out a small chirp upon entering the world once more.

“Swablu try a wing attack.” I called out, Swablu lifter her white wings but gave a confused look again. I slapped my head; maybe she couldn’t see it either. “On that violet cloud over there.” I said pointing at the cloaked pokemon. Swablu the flapped her wings sending a wave of wind at the gas, the defending pokemon didn’t look like if anything happened, and a wave of dark energy came from its body knocking Swablu to the ground.

“Swablu return I don’t think you can harm this, Pokeball, wait pokeorb go!” I called out throwing the glass sphere. As the pokeorb flew, electricity began to cackle, sending random bolts of energy here and there; if the pokemon had eyes I could see it would probably be wide eyed since it didn’t even seem to want to move. Suddenly a white flash occurred and the gas was captured. I ran over to the glass orb, hoping it wouldn’t explode but it just laid there unmoving. I went to pick it up, but the ball lifted itself of the ground and into my hands. “Wow that is cool.” I muttered. I wonder what I got, I think it is a Ghastly, but who knows?

I slowly crept to the signal fire, watching the flames lick the dirty logs that were from trees I probably stumbled over.

“Hey, Rochelle catch anything?” Jennie asked, a grin came across my face.

“Yep, but I don’t know what it is, I think it is a ghost pokemon since it seemed like a big purple gas.” I stated, she gave me an odd look.

“Um Rochelle ghost pokemon don’t live around here, I think you got a Koffing.” Jennie said disappointed for some reason. I then released the gas pokemon from its pokeball.

“Does that look like a Coffin.” I demanded, the gas soon settled and a large purple blob with different kind of colored parts was floating in front of me, its skin seemed very garbled.

“Yes it does.” She argued, once she ended that statement, a large skinny hand arose from the top of it, and the different colored parts glowed, ruby red, sapphire blue, emerald green, and diamond white. “Sableye!” The creature gasped, uncurling itself and forming a bad purple human shaped object.

“Wow, there are ghost pokemon here, Rochelle consider yourself very lucky you are now going to be rich, Sableye are pokemon that mine for jewels, see those shiny things on its back those are rare jewels like Sapphires.” She said, in a dreamy voice. I approached my new pokemon with an outstretched hand. The Sableye bowed down to me, then shook my hand, “Nice to meet you miss…” The pokemon said, in human language.

“I am Rochelle your new trainer and how can you talk?” I questioned. Sableye gave a hearty laugh,

“Well master Rochelle, it seems that you are not aware of the intelligence of the Sableye, very well I would like you to know that I am the trainer of you and your very beautiful Swablu.” Sableye commented, seems like this is a sophisticated pokemon. Jennie went into her tent and walked back out carrying a form.

“Um Rochelle if you want your badge tonight, you must complete this test, you need to command Sableye to use four different attacks and a defensive maneuver.” Jennie said she put the form on a clipboard she left laying on the ground and a pen.

“Sableye, use your shadow ball.” I ordered, the Sableye didn’t listen and instead protested, “Rochelle, I would rather have you ask me to use an attack rather than command me.”

“Okay, Sableye may you use a Shadow ball attack on that tree to practice your aim.” I asked, as politely as I could. My pokemon then gave a thumb up then launched a glowing orange beam at the tree.

“Very good, its nice that your pokemon asks you to treat it well, three more attacks.” Jennie commented, I was glad it was night since I swear my face was red with embarrassment for having to ask my pokemon to use moves. Nervously I bit my nails and to my surprise a small amount of static shocked my dry lips. It then sparked an idea for an attack.

“Sableye do you know thunder wave?” I asked, again stretching my kindness. The pokemon gave a small nod, “All thanks to you, my trainer.” He said gingerly, releasing to waves of electricity through his hands.

“Rochelle you can return Sableye now, he passed, you see most pokemon when caught only have 3 learned moves and your hidden power gives them one more, from then on they will learn even more moves, if you do not use a move for an extended period of time the pokemon may forget that move. Now come up with a defensive maneuver.” Jennie ordered, grasping something in her hand. My heart gave a small leap, it was the badge. I gave a huge grin, then ordered the final task.

“Sableye may you cloak yourself like you did before?” I asked.

“Yes, but please don’t return me, I love the night.” He pleaded, slowly turning into the purple gaseous form. I then to turned to Jennie, “So do I get the badge?”

“Yes that was quite extraordinary, you are most certainly qualified to take the badge.” She said proudly, I grasped the badge lying in her outstretched hand. It was white, and had blue lines down it.

“Um what badge is this?” I shouted, the badge looked like a piece of paper.

“Oh well it’s the homework badge, all it really does it was to allow you carry two pokemon, and lets you officially in the Watermelon league. Also I have a small question to ask you, um can I go travel with you to the third gym, its just that I have a crush on him, and I could become an apprentice for him but its illegal for me to leave my cousin here unless acquainted by a trainer, for a quest of knowledge.” She said, I gave her a reinsuring grin.

“yes, I may need some help, my Swablu doesn’t even know her own moves anyway, and I doubt that when I am in a serious situation Sableye couldn’t help, so ya, lets get some sleep and leave first thing tomorrow afternoon.” I said, rolling out my sleeping bag.

“Tomorrow afternoon, Isn’t that a bit late? Jennie said, going into her tent, I wanted to sleep under the stars, with Sableye lurking over me.

“Nope I am a late sleeper, night.” I called out, hearing the zipper flying up, zipping the tent. The sound of crickets echoed through the darkness, and a purple gas was floating here and there. When Dawn’s daylight broke the darkness, a loud ear splicing screech was heard throughout the land. “THE SUNLIIIIGHT!” The voice came from Sableye. Having no other choice but to get up and return him.

“Sableye, dang you, return.” I screamed, with a bright flash the Sableye disappeared in a mist of purple and black inside the pokeorb. Jennie came out of her tent her hair messed up, and in her pajamas.

“WHY DID YOU LET HIM OUT ALL NIGHT?” Jennie screamed, another male scream followed that, but the forest muffled it so you wouldn’t hear the direct words.

“Hey, he needs to get used to being trained, besides its his last day at his home land.” I muttered out of earshot. The male voice soon became more clearer, “Why you, don’t ever do that again Jennifer, or else I kick out.”

“Shut up, Albert, you want me out, well I will get out.” Jennie called, retreating back into her tent gathering up all her supplies. After about an hour, she took down her tent, and disrupted me playing with a small fire.

“Ahem, aren’t we supposed to be going now?” Jennie said in a snobby voice. I poked at the hot embers making a small flame flicker, I raised the poking stick up close to her nose, “Do I look like a morning person?” I shot back, I gave her a nasty stare, she turned her head to pick up twigs.

“Um, No, but can we go.” She worded carefully. I stretched a little, then started walking around.

“Well I don’t think I could fall back to sleep, so yeah lets hit the road to Plum City.” I said wearily, strapping my backpack up….

Mancetric_Trainer
25th August 2003, 12:54 AM
Ok so far so good.
I like the orignality ( bad speller!) with the hidden power and pokeorbs! I also like how she got a swablu(I guess swayellow) to start off with! There cute! The story is moving a little to fast though you jump from point to point in the chapters.

Well I'll read and see what happens.

Oakbark
25th August 2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Powarun!

Just to let you know I'll be reading this offline very soon and will post comments ASAP.

Later!

Powarun
26th August 2003, 03:06 AM
Yeah readers
Manerict trainer, SPelling error well thanks for reading, well my mind is rushed so that is how it gets typed. A million ideas in one chapter/

Oakbark thanks for reading and tell your comments

Chapter 4 for the second time. I find writing the beginning of a chapter hard.

Rochelle
The trail leading to Plum City was long and boring, the creepy, orange and yellow trees spreading their leaves everywhere did not help matters in keeping up with the trail, but Jennie seemed to know the whole thing by heart. I released Swablu for the fun of it, she immediately flew overhead gazing at us. After another hour of strolling, something interesting happens, a guy comes walking out of the forest.

“Hey you, I really want to win a pokemon battle and you seem new so I can assume I can beat you.” He said, waving his hand through his long black hair.

“Just because someone seems new does NOT mean they are inexperienced in training pokemon.” Jennie called.

“Oh, I remember you, you were that girl that told me to catch a pokemon, well I did, and I am going to show you and your friend, GO MAWILE.” He shot sending a red pokeorb in the path. A fairly small pokemon, its body was shaped like a triangle expect for a huge mouth, that was more like a iron trap than a mouth. I wish I had some more information on what type of pokemon this was.

“Okay, I will battle you, I send out Swablu.” I said calling out to the sky. My yellow bird pokemon dove down ward until she was eye level ready to battle.

“Mawile use a clamp attack.” The opposing trainer called out. The small pokemon with a hearty heave was able to lift its mouth and snapped its jaws dangerously toward Swablu, but it fell in the process.

“Um, what’s the trainers name?” I whispered to Jennie. She gave me a small wink and replied,

“His name is John Something.” I rolled my eyes and was trying to prepare an attack for Swablu.

“Swablu use a wing attack.” I called out, but the Swablu gave her puzzled look, then I flapped my arms. She then took her wings then swiped them through the air causing two waves of energy to smash into Mawile, making the pokemon stumble back a little. Mawile gave a small high pitched squeal, making Swablu land and cover her ears with her cloud like wings.

“Mawile now use an ember attack.” John commanded. The pokemon gave a sign of regret fullness as spewed several small fire balls from its large mouth.

“Swablu, flap your wings to reflect the flames.” I cried, the grounded birds almost gave me a quizzical look but instead flapped its wings sending the fire balls back at its owner, making Mawile cry.

“Ew, trying to be smart young one, well Mawile try to attack it with another clamp.” He commanded. The pokemon lifted its large mouth again and ran forward biting Swablu. The little bird was crying at the top of her lungs wanting to be free. I withdrew her pokeball, admitting defeat, but I was not going to recall Swablu with out a fight.

“Swablu, try to use a peck attack, you know the attack were you take your beak and smash it into the other pokemon.” I called out, showing Swablu the Ultra ball. Swablu gave a determined look, then lunged her small beak at the top of Mawile’s mouth. The unknown type pokemon gave another loud pitched cry releasing Swablu.

“That was close rookie, now Mawile use a Slam attack.” John called, but his pokemon refused and zapped back into its pokeorb.

“Your forfeits the match for you, Rochelle is the winner.” Jennie proclaimed. I gave a quick punch in the air before recalling Swablu for a small rest. John walked over to me, and handed me 5 dollars.

“You won because my stupid Mawile was too chicken, and don’t spend that all in one place.” He muttered his voice seemed bitter.

“Don’t worry I won’t, have a good life.” I called out, “And it is alright to be happy once in a while.” Jennie gave me a friendly slap on the back, and muttered something along the lines, you did well.

I watched the trainer walk back into the forest and began to follow the never ending trail again. Another little Oddish walked across my path, I was tempted to yank it by its grassy little head and hold it until I earned another pokeorb, but with Jennie being a league official I better not try. Instead I resentfully kicked it out of my way.

More uneventful walking followed. Nightfall entered with a cold harsh breath of wind. We set up camp, hovering over the campfire, and I released Sableye for a small chat.

“Why can you talk?” I blurted, the creature but a claw up to his face pondering for an answer.

“Well I think it runs within the blood lines or I ate a gem that gave me the power to talk to humans but not to pokemon.” He said.

“Wait, you are telling me that you can not talk to pokemon, how do you feel about that?” I asked quickly. Sableye, stretched its head staring at the moon light.

“I feel ashamed, it is a curse humans only have thought, pokemon have more, they can withdraw into an inner self and push their strengths, humans rely to much on pokemon to do that for them. I really wish I could talk to pokemon instead of your kind.” The pokemon spat bitterly. I was about to recall him, but he continued. “Even if you are insulted by my words I would wish for your partnership to help train myself so one day I may be able to speak to my kind.” I was unable to reply, not wanting to hurt the Sableye’s feelings, yet I urged to speak my mind.

“Well I did notice that your shadow ball was pretty weak.” I muttered, the pokemon’s ears shot up at this comment.

“What are you talking about these shadow balls were of top quality, look at it.” Sableye argued, holding a small dark purple orb. I merely shook my head, out raged the pokemon launched the ball at a tree just breaking the bark off of it.

“Now a real shadow ball would burst more than bark off a tree.” I countered, holding Sableye’s pokeorb in my hand. “What other moves do you know other than thunder wave and Shadow ball?”

“Well I know Night Shade, I am really not a pokemon that gets into hand to hand combat but more of I will take you down from a distance, now if you don’t mind I would like to run around.” He spat. I held the pokeorb up,

“you aren’t going anywhere, now return.” I commanded returning the purple pokemon. After watching the flames dance around, I pulled myself up and headed to bed.

Mancetric_Trainer
26th August 2003, 03:44 AM
I really liked this episode! Swablu using it's peck was so cute!
Cool that you showed a mawile. I'll wait for the next chapter. But one thing I don't get is how did mawile no emeber? It's only a steel type and steel's type weakness is fire?

Powarun
27th August 2003, 01:11 AM
Good, I have been waiting for that question Manectric trainer, it goes with the hidden powered pokeorb, John had Hidden power fire, the pokemon in the pokeorb could learn some fire attacks. Sorta like a TM would teach a Gengar Ice punch. This was made for future plans