PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship Deck

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 06:47 PM
The world championship was won by someone from Hong Kong.

This is the deck he used.

Monsters

1 Sangan
1 Witch of the Black Forest
1 Jinzo
3 Gemini Elf
3 Mystic Tomato
2 Don Zaloog
1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Sinister Serpent
1 Magician of Faith
1 Yata-Garasu
1 Fiber Jar

Magic

1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole
1 Change of Heart
1 Snatch Steal
1 Nobleman of Crossout
1 Heavy Storm
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Delinquent Duo
1 Confiscation
1 The Forceful Sentry
1 Mirage of Nightmare
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial Trap
1 Imperial Order
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Mirror Force
3 Drop Off

Side Deck

3 Electric Snake
1 Exiled Force
1 White Magical Hat
1 Airknight Parshath
1 Painful Choice
1 Scapegoat
3 Book of Moon
3 Torrential Tribute

Tyranitar#248
19th August 2003, 06:48 PM
I have a deck card for card exactly like that except for the side deck.

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 08:42 PM
Whoo~ his deck is pretty good~

But I think his deck will gotta change when the new sets comes out... Examples like Berserk Gorillia might do lots of damage to his creatures...

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 08:49 PM
We can all be champions .... if we can afford it the deck. :D

His deck is obviously good but it will cost us at least 500 dollars to just get the boosters and the singles by themselves.

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 09:04 PM
We dun need that much cash for the deck.... I got half of his deck~

Just missing including side deck~

3 Gemini Elf
3 Mystic Tomato
3 Electric Snake
3 Book of Moon
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Don Zaloog
2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 White Magical Hat
1 Fiber Jar
1 Airknight Parshath

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 09:10 PM
Most of those cards are pretty cheap except for like Gemini Elf and Don Zaloog.

BTW...Darkyouth, I remember you told me that you got some secret rares that were non-holo. How's that possible?

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 09:13 PM
Did I say that? I just got call of the haunted and ring of destruction as non holo~ I dun really remember me saying I got an ultra rare as non holo

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 09:16 PM
Heh...I don't think you know that Ring of Destruction is a secret rare in the US Yu-Gi-Oh TCG

BTW...how's RoD non-holo?

Dark-San
19th August 2003, 09:20 PM
lolz well mine is a non holo 'cause its Japanese... The English version of it price is just way too steep....

Last Exile
19th August 2003, 09:46 PM
Very similar to the Yata deck I'm making and will have up and running in a month.

One question - Why 3 Mystic Tomatos?! :confused: That's the one thing about his deck that I don't get!

Kool Dudy
19th August 2003, 10:26 PM
For more information about the tournament, ...

http://www.upperdeckentertainment.com/worldchamp2003/newscoverage.asp

The Muffin Man
19th August 2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Kool Dudy
The world championship was won by someone from Hong Kong.

This is the deck he used.

Monsters

1 Sangan
1 Witch of the Black Forest
1 Jinzo
3 Gemini Elf
3 Mystic Tomato
~o_O; 3? 2 is plenty...even still, I see 4 monsters he can summon with it, and one of them would be equivelant of summoning a Mystic Tomato(Sangan)
2 Don Zaloog
~One? I'd add another if he's even gonna use Kycoo...and just ditch the 3rd Tomato, or even Jinzo...
1 Sinister Serpent
1 Magician of Faith
~I'd add one more, at least.
1 Yata-Garasu
1 Fiber Jar

Magic

1 Raigeki
1 Dark Hole
1 Change of Heart
1 Snatch Steal
1 Nobleman of Crossout
~Either make it 2 or take it out. Singles of non-restricted cards is never a good idea
1 Heavy Storm
1 Harpie’s Feather Duster
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
~This should be 2 now.
1 Delinquent Duo
1 Confiscation
1 The Forceful Sentry
~Meh...It just slows 'em down, but whatever.
1 Mirage of Nightmare
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
Trap
1 Imperial Order
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction
1 Mirror Force
3 Drop Off
~O_o; Drop at least one to make room.

Side Deck

3 Electric Snake
1 Exiled Force
1 White Magical Hat
1 Airknight Parshath
1 Painful Choice
1 Scapegoat
3 Book of Moon
3 Torrential Tribute

nothing amazing...Meh...

Tyranitar#248
19th August 2003, 11:56 PM
Everybody said this deck sux, they could beat. I built an exact replica (only cost about $30) and nobody can beat it, its impossible to catch this deck without atleast 4+ cards in in the players hand which is key because card advantage pwnz in this game, so obviously since it has more cards to choose from its gonna win.

Zombie
20th August 2003, 01:00 AM
The Tomato's are about speed, they can get out some of the key cards in this deck.

DarkTemplarZ
20th August 2003, 03:16 PM
man, no wonder why most of the duelists here are lame, you guys think this game is just about tough monsters and annoying m/t's. And trust me, this deck is scary awesome. It doesn't look special, but I doubt any of u could beat it.

Rofl @ TMM First of all, Mystic Tomato's are for speed. This guy wants his Don Zaloog's out fast to clear out his opponent's hand. 1 Kycoo's no problem, this isn't a beatdown deck. As for MoF, 2 isn't that great, with all the NoC's out there. NoC's restricted to 2, and even 1 is useful. As for Forceful Sentry, it works like a free Confiscation, and besides, it reduces ur opponent's hand by 1, quicker Yata lock. And BTW, Drop Off is an awesome card, I run 3 in my deck and my deck's a beatdown lol.

The Muffin Man
20th August 2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DarkTemplarZ
man, no wonder why most of the duelists here are lame, you guys think this game is just about tough monsters and annoying m/t's. And trust me, this deck is scary awesome. It doesn't look special, but I doubt any of u could beat it.
~Not easily, but I could probably beat it...it's nothing amazing. If a kid wins the world championship with a Yugi starter, does that make the Yugi deck playable?

Rofl @ TMM First of all, Mystic Tomato's are for speed. This guy wants his Don Zaloog's out fast to clear out his opponent's hand.
~We all know Don Zaloog's really useful when you bounce your Mystic Tomato off a Gemini Elf right? I don't trust cards that force a 1500 or lower summoned, unless the monsters gonna be in defense-mode anyhow. I'd still go with only 2.
1 Kycoo's no problem, this isn't a beatdown deck.
~Still, 2 would help a bit more.
As for MoF, 2 isn't that great,
~3 Confiscations, or Delinquint Duos...
with all the NoC's out there. NoC's restricted to 2, and even 1 is useful.
~Fair enough, keep forgetting NoC is restriced to 2.
As for Forceful Sentry, it works like a free Confiscation, and besides, it reduces ur opponent's hand by 1, quicker Yata lock.
~I still don't like the fact that it goes back into the deck, and it's shuffled in...most cards that stop a Yata are played out, or set anyhow.
And BTW, Drop Off is an awesome card, I run 3 in my deck and my deck's a beatdown lol.
~Good for you? Drop Off is overrated. Meh...I can see how it'd be useful, but still...

You can cut the Elitist attitude now. Just because I don't find the Champs deck to be flawless, that doesn't make me some Yugi Starter using newb.

Last Exile
20th August 2003, 11:06 PM
Couldn't Mystic Tomato put Yata into your hand as well then? Then you'd have 5 cards in your deck to get Yata out faster.

Red Angel
21st August 2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita
Couldn't Mystic Tomato put Yata into your hand as well then? Then you'd have 5 cards in your deck to get Yata out faster.

No dice, sorry.... Spirits can't be Special Summoned (as their effect states), so Mystic Tomato would put Yata into your graveyard. Which is a no-no.

edit: I had TWO spelling mistakes in that post. I'm ashamed of myself.

Last Exile
21st August 2003, 05:59 AM
I meant that I thought it was a Dark type. I found out just now that it's a Wind type, Fiend type and Spirit type.

I get with the Hong Kong guy was trying to do now. He was trying to get Don Zaloog out faster. Personally I wouldn't run that. So my interest in Mystic Tomato is ended. I think I'll run 2 Spirit Reapers and 2 Don Zaloogs instead.

Tyranitar#248
21st August 2003, 08:11 PM
Tomatoe can bring out Sangans and Witches which can than be used to get yata also.

Dark-San
22nd August 2003, 10:30 AM
That means you will need to discard abt 2 monsters just to get a card out lolz... I believe that there are better cards out there to get tat broken card out :yes:

Tyranitar#248
22nd August 2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
That means you will need to discard abt 2 monsters just to get a card out lolz... I believe that there are better cards out there to get tat broken card out :yes:

Really the only quicker way is to draw it normally, or draw a witch or sangan normally to search for yata. Tomatoes get out the vital cards if you cant draw them.

Dark-San
22nd August 2003, 11:34 AM
To me the fastest way to get it out is to use painful choice~ Then monster reborn! Tats wat I would normally do to get that broken card out!

The Muffin Man
22nd August 2003, 01:10 PM
then you're cheating with Yata, Dark...

Spirits can't be Special Summoned