PDA

View Full Version : Preception!

Myth
27th December 2002, 07:48 AM
This my new strat. It hit me while I was on rsbot.

Cat Deception
pp 10
base damage 40
type normal
effect: always goes first, causes opponent to skip turn. May not be used consecutively.

Then I thought, Cat Deception and protect, the opponent can't hit me....

so...

Yamirami
MeanLook
CatDeception
Protect
Toxic-IF ONLY HE COULD LEARN CURSE!!!!
~Leftovers

There. Killer.

I was thinking...a much more full proof strat would be a trapping passer like umbreon then preception and toxic/perishsong/jack-o-lanturn(since it affects most pokes..)

Discuss/Improve/Flame me I can take it!

Don't Run With Scizors
27th December 2002, 08:26 AM
...would be a trapping passer like umbreon...

Oh, no you don't. As of now, you have to shark up an Umbreon in order to get one in RuSa. Sure, you can get one on the RSbots, but then again, you can get Heal Bell + Counter Blisseys on GSbot too. Is it legal? Nope.

And sadly, out of the four Pokémon groups in RS that learn Perish Song, none of them get any trapping moves. Nor does anyone have decent trapping move + Baton Pass capability.

Yamirami
MeanLook
CatDeception
Protect
Toxic-IF ONLY HE COULD LEARN CURSE!!!!

Steels, Poisons, Immunity-bearers, and any Safeguarder faster than Yamirami (which is a lot of Pokémon, now that it's a TM), totally ruin this strategy. Not like it wasn't counterable anyway; see, I can just power up with Build Up or Enlighten in the meantime, Rest away the damage while your Yamirami tries to "beat down" with a 40 power Normal-type move on that pitiful Attack, and then finish it off when it wakes up. Protect's success rate won't last long enough to hold it off, nor will it do a thing to stop stat boosters. Tried and true strategy - stat boosters have always worked well against Toxic, and it's not going to stop doing that soon.

But you know, what scares me most of all in the strategy is this: Your Yamirami doesn't have Recover?!

Raichu748
27th December 2002, 04:06 PM
Umm....

Sorry to be the bubble-burster here, but I'm pretty sure that Cat Deception does always go first and does always make the opponent flinch, but it only works on the very first turn.

>_<;;;

Sorry!

Myth
27th December 2002, 09:41 PM
Daatengu
LeechSeed
Protect
CatDeception
{Filller}
~Leftovers

On a spikes/toxic/burn beat down team.

Yes it does work Raichu. Cat Deception, opp. flinch, next turn, protect, then Cat Deception, opp. flinch, Protect....

Yes it can be countered damn well ;.;

Chrisodeo
27th December 2002, 09:46 PM
Cat Deception doesn't work just on the first turn. Its effect only happens once per battle. You could Toxic, Protect, Cat Deception, Protect, but then Cat Deception wouldn't save you again. I prefer Endure/Protect, but only as a last resort.