PDA

View Full Version : *~The Northern Isles~*

Drade130
27th December 2002, 11:26 AM
I sit here as my dog bites me leg and think i should put this back up. And DON'T complain to me about length its a lot longer when i write it out so bleh! In my opinion, length has nothing to do with quality! Whoa, evil side got out.

Chapter 1: New Friends, New Adventures!

"Mr. Ross!" A sharp voice pierced through my ears. "Huh? Wha?" I stuttered, snapping out of my daze. " Mr. Ross you are lucky you made it through the training camp or else I would not let you go on this journey! Now, please, pay attention!' It went like this every day, Mr. Forje would yell at me for dozing off during lessons I already knew. I gave a snivelling "I'm sorry," in a voice filled with sarcasm. Everybody s******ed. "Ehem, as I was saying, The chain of isles, aptly named, the Northern Isles, is a small chain of seven isles. Six have pokemon gyms on them, and the northern most isle is where the champion waits for your arrival. The weather is bitterly cold as you go north. Fire types are rare pokemon here while ice types flourish. Now please, line up in an orderly fashion to receive your pokemon."

The line was far from orderly, as everyone wanted tog et their pokemon first. I dove into line first in front of my best friends, Joey and Katrina. I looked back at them and gave them a goofy thumbs up. All through this training camp, when people were down, I would cheer them up. That's how I was. I looked forward and saw a pokeball with a label under with my name under it: ROBBY ROSS: Trainer number:45567. I picked it up, a fast ball, and clipped it to my necklace. I was almost out of the door when Joey and Katrina caught up to me. "Hey Robby, check these pokeballs out!" Katrina had a moon ball and Joey had a heavy ball. I watched as Katrina clipped her moonball to her red belt. Her hair was brown with green streaks, green eyes and tank top with a pokeball on it. Joey put his in his back backpack. He had the classic hiker gear on, while he was not round like his father. He had brown eyes, black hair and booming laugh. "Cool!" I said, opening the door. "I'll meet you two outside ok? I gotta get my stuff." I said, walking towards my locker. Me? I wear red and black clothing, a neckalce around my neck and a fingerless glove on my left hand, because I'm left handed. I had brown hair with a little bit of blonde in it, natural of course. I had icy blue eyes. Man I love my eyes. As I walked down to my locker i heard and saw my arch rival, Jeremy and his pokemon, a Totodile. "Hey look, it's wimpy Robby!" his totodile danced around me. "Oh, hi JEREBEAR! Hehe" I laughed in his face. 'Don't call me that! Totodile let's go, we don't need to talk to this wimp. Seeya around dummy," he said smugly. "Good use of big words, you idiot!" I love making fun of him. I grabbed my back pack and headed toward the door, feeling the excitement of a new journey in my veins.

I opened the door of the school that lead to the courtyard and smelled the fresh air of Wynosene Town. The sun shone brightly and reflected off of Katrina's sunglasses. I walked over and saw a clefairy and a Geodude next to my friends. "Wow, you got cool pokemon!" I exclaimed, petting Geodude and Clefairy. "well, what did you get Robby?" Joey asked. I shrugged and threw out the fast ball. Out of the white light, a pokemon light blue in color charged at me, a Phanpy obviously. I didn't have time to brace myself as bowled me over, smacking with his trunk and showing some kind of affection by giving me "kisses" you could call them. After what seemed liek forever, Joey stopped laughing long enough to pull Phanpy off me and let me return him t his pokeball. I stood up, grinned and wiped sand from my shirt. Joey managed to point to the north through his fits of laughter. "We need to go through the Psychic Forest to get to the first port city," He said, regaining his composure. "Ok then, lets go!" I said ambitiously as I took off toward the forest, Joey and Katrina trailing behind, Hoping my joruney is the greatest ever.

I eliminated and added a few things to this...

Heavenly Sage HLSOE
28th December 2002, 08:28 AM
Short tis is, fanfic rules require it to be a page on MSWORD, I believe. Interesting though very trainerish I must say, descriptions are not too bad. One that I'll keep my eye on!

Drade130
28th December 2002, 04:10 PM
when i write it out in my free time, its usually three or four pages long. I dont know why it changes so much, maybe I should start using it...

Chris 2.1
29th December 2002, 11:48 AM
nice to see this back, but length can often put people off a fic. I'll stick by this because i know what it develops into (slightly U_U') so keep it up!

Drade130
29th December 2002, 03:51 PM
thx shinymarril. Im gonna put a nw chapter up tomorrow. Got some party thing to do tonight.